[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fit Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

File: lose-gain-maintain-weight.png (71KB, 698x749px) Image search: [Google]
lose-gain-maintain-weight.png
71KB, 698x749px
Hello friends!

Checking up on you: tell me what you've been doing.

I'll take any questions and try to help as far as I can.
>>
File: Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png (689KB, 3664x2552px) Image search: [Google]
Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png
689KB, 3664x2552px
And here's the guide as usual. Your very own.
>>
Raquetball and kayaking once or twice a week. Have big issues with snacking while sedentary.

6'2 and 230, only bench 130lbs. too scared to go to gym so have a small weight bench at home, just use gym for racquetball courts
>>
>See books in libraries everywhere on diets and how to lose weight
>Not one book dedicated to dieting to GAIN weight
Just fuck my shit up. It's fucking hard to eat as much as my metabolism wants. Fucking Skelly forever senpai
>>
>>26061716
nick aren't you the fatfuck who got BTFO from fit because your trainprogram was moronic? Please answer (^:
>>
File: 1450868107552.png (104KB, 660x187px) Image search: [Google]
1450868107552.png
104KB, 660x187px
>>26061760
>Have big issues with snacking while sedentary.

In the sense that you can't eat more or that you'd want to eat less?

>>26061772
>Just fuck my shit up. It's fucking hard to eat as much as my metabolism wants. Fucking Skelly forever senpai

Whole milk, nuts, pistachios, etc, google "most calorific foods" and eat that. Peanutbutter, etc. Many of these things aren't hard to eat and you can shovel them in throughout the day without getting sick of it.
>>
>>26061798

I don't burn enough during the day. Deadlifting 300lbs pretty easy and I can squat 225 but I really eat all fucking day.

I'd probably go to the gym more, but everyone stares at me because of asian area and im so tall, then if they lift more than me they mean mug me constantly
>>
>>26061790
>nick aren't you the fatfuck who got BTFO from fit because your trainprogram was moronic? Please answer (^:

I am not fat, no, but someone did post the DB program I recommended on /fit/ and it was criticised. That much is true. The little thing /fit/ doesn't mention, because it doesn't know, was that I got that programme from /fit/ to begin with.

I've been researching this matter since that thread (anon who opened it informed me of the fact, bless him) and I stopped posting the DB program.

That said, I've been doing this program for a long time and got nothing but good results from it, so it's far from bad. The only problem with it is that there wasn't enough pulling, like chinups and such, but that's because it was a DB program, assuming you had nothing else. Rows are a pulling exercise, and you can typically lift much heavier with Rows than anything else. That's why I'm not quite sure /fit/ was right with the idea that it was too much pressing and not enough pulling, although I'd remove either Military Presses or Shoulder presses and only keep one of these.

Nobody said the program was moronic, though. Even so, you can't always take what /fit/ says at face value. Any program you submit to them, a third of them will shit on it, no matter what.
>>
File: zigarette chan.jpg (22KB, 320x212px) Image search: [Google]
zigarette chan.jpg
22KB, 320x212px
>>26061716

going okay, but consuming so much food is hard
>>
>>26061853
>I don't burn enough during the day.

You can also see this as "I eat too many calories during the day" as that's a simpler problem to solve.

>>26061853
>Deadlifting 300lbs pretty easy and I can squat 225 but I really eat all fucking day.

Depending on how things are for you, you can either delay your meals, and only eat in the late afternoon, and only 2 meals between 4 pm and 8 pm, for instance, or do small meals, but I suspect small meals won't work with you, if you're like me.

Here's how it is for me: if there's a snack in the fridge, chances are very high that I'll eventually eat it even when I shouldn't. Don't try it this way: resist the temptation of BUYING snacks. If there's nothing to snack on, you won't snack.
>>
>>26061931

That is just it, I used to be pretty slim at 180, I would only buy food for meals to cook, and really had nothing to eat, but my GF likes having food around, and would complain about nothing to eat (which is how I roll)

Now we live together and there is food constantly. We will go to costco and she wants to buy hot pockets for her lunch when I would just cook something for her, so now theres a freezer with 50 hotpockets just threatening me ;w;

Its rough. I am definitely a feast and famine sort of guy
>>
>>26062008
>but my GF likes having food around, and would complain about nothing to eat (which is how I roll)

Then she needs to hide that stuff, or put a padlock on it, whatever it takes.

>We will go to costco and she wants to buy hot pockets for her lunch when I would just cook something for her, so now theres a freezer with 50 hotpockets just threatening me ;w;

Bad ideas, if she isn't fat already, she will become fat some day and that won't be good for her either.

Consider the padlock idea if nothing else seems viable. I think we're alike, and I know for a fact that whatever my woman buys, for me or herself, ends up in my belly because I am a devourer of foods. If it's there, it won't be there anymore. I also find it easier to lose weight using intermittent fasting, even if it does nothing more than focus my meals (it may do more for all I know).
>>
>>26062072

I think I will go for IF and try to keep it around 2k calories.
>>
>>26061926

What extra stuff do you eat?
>>
can you get bigger just drinking hypercaloric?
>>
Will dirty bulk ultimately fuck my physique up?

Clean bulk is hard, healthy food fills you up too much.
>>
>>26062339
>can you get bigger just drinking hypercaloric?

Any caloric surplus will make you bigger eventually. Bigger, not necessarily stronger, you may just get fat. For muscle, you need protein. A caloric surplus isn't necessary; it's used only to make sure your body has enough. A fat surplus is always a sign that there's more than necessary, which is why nobody needs to get fat to get strong.
>>
>>26062357
>Will dirty bulk ultimately fuck my physique up?

You'd get fat.

>Clean bulk is hard, healthy food fills you up too much.

You don't need to bulk all that much.
>>
>>26061716
Hey Nick. How hard is it to get to 12% body weight? That seems to where I want to be.
>>
>>26062362

That was me. Forget my trip sometimes.

>>26062394
>Hey Nick. How hard is it to get to 12% body weight? That seems to where I want to be.

It all depends on where you start. It's as simple and as hard as losing fat any other way. Count your calories, undereat, slowly get there.
>>
my period came i just feel really sick and lazy, ate an estimate of 2000 calories today. i weighed 64.9kg this morning. 24.7kg two days ago. i will fully dedicate back to the calorie count + exercising when this week is over.

the asian gril who weighed 67kg 2 weeks ago and you told me to eat more

everyone else keep it up!!
>>
Finally under 25 BMI. Once left wrist and back muscles heal I'll switch to weight maintaining and functional exercising.
>>
Can you post a picture now?
Also, why did you go away for so long?
>>
I started lifting while on mitrazipanine for insomnia. I had to stop because while I gained 20 pounds bulking, little of it was muscle because of the medicine I'm taking makes people gain weight. I dokt even want to be ripped, I just want to be in shape again. Would running every other day and ab workouts help me lose weight and get my stamina back?
>>
File: 2016-01-27 10.42.35.jpg (156KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-27 10.42.35.jpg
156KB, 960x540px
>>26061716

I am fit enough brah.
>>
>>26062505
>i weighed 64.9kg this morning. 24.7kg two days ago.

Major weightloss there.

Keep up with the calories and don't let yourself get depressed if it doesn't always work. It's the long run that counts.
>>
Is there way I can get a smaller waist to hip ratio?
My waist is 65 cm and my hips are 95 cm. I'd like to lose 5 cm on my waist but I don't want to lose any on my hips.
>>
>>26062547
>I'll switch to weight maintaining and functional exercising.

Anything in mind exactly?
>>
>>26062550
>Can you post a picture now?

I'm still not impressive.

>>26062550
>Also, why did you go away for so long?

I came back since then, but less, for a few reasons. The DB program thing, which I wanted to revise, and work. I was on holidays when I started coming here, but now I am back to work, and I need to work even more, thus my time is reduced, sadly.
>>
5'9 132 lbs
am I too skinny?
>>
>>26062552
>Would running every other day and ab workouts help me lose weight and get my stamina back?

Running yes, but ab workouts are limited, unless you have something specific in mind.

Watch those calories, above all. Count the calories in that pill before assuming it's the pill's fault.
>>
>>26062641
Will you ever post a picture? Are you scared that robots are going to roast you because you're a manlet?
>>
>>26061716
This is really a we of toilet duck research
>>
>>26062598

For all I know, you can't lose fat in chosen places. However, you may want to consider replacing some of the fat by muscle. Getting fitter would maintain your hips, give you nicer curves, and even slim your waist, depending on your body.
>>
>>26062605
Standard 2000 kcal diet, keep eye on essential amino acids, omega-3 / omega-6 fatty acid balance, get all minerals etc.
I'll start with paced running or if my back gets the better of me, striding. For strength I'll have to build up left wrist back to normal, then set the usual course with dumbbells.
Along the way my grandpa will also train me at unarmed combat, in his words "So you won't embarrass yourself", so that's additional exercise.
>>
>>26061716
I am ~185 lbs. I want to lose weight while also becoming stronger. I was 190, but I've lost 5 lbs by running at least two miles three times a week and eating 1000-1500 calories a day. Should I be lifting? If so how much? Someone told me to do more reps and less weight.
>>
>>26062746
Nick,I am trying to lose weight by eating only Chicken with rice,is this a good idea? Already down 4 pounds in a few days
>>
Cardio is the most important type of exercise you can do for your health and fitness, don't get sucked into the cancerous /fit/ mentality. I'm not saying you shouldn't lift weights, but do your cardio and do it every day.
>>
>>26062838
You burn more calories lifting weights
>>
>>26062718
>Will you ever post a picture? Are you scared that robots are going to roast you because you're a manlet?

I could, by now, I've already admitted I wasn't the most swole of all. I wouldn't mind being roasted, that's OK. I'm not a manlet, heightwise, though. None of that should matter though.
>>
>>26062861
>>26062838
both is equally important
>>
>>26062864
Then please do.
>>
>>26062861
It's too late for you, I see. There is more to consider when it comes to fitness than burning calories. And that's not necessarily true anyway. It takes more effort and more energy expenditure to squat heavy for 5 reps than it would to run for the same length of time, but running for a prolonged period of time, say an hour, is probably going to burn off more calories than a weight workout. You can also do cardio every day without fear of overtraining.

Again, not necessarily relevant to health and fitness, I assume you're just interested in losing weight and looking good. If so, then inject some roids into your ass and lift weights every day.
>>
>>26062808
>Should I be lifting? If so how much? Someone told me to do more reps and less weight.

Opposite. Do from 5 to 10 reps or around, using a weight that's too heavy to do much more than a few reps above your aim.

>go for 5 reps
>use weight where you can do 7 reps
>do 5 reps

That's how you know how heavy to lift. You must be in control of the movement at all time.

Read the guide, this is detailed in there.
>>
>>26062836
>Nick,I am trying to lose weight by eating only Chicken with rice,is this a good idea?

I recommend variety. You need traces of everything. You may get bored too. Don't hesitate to mix up stuff. Chicken and rice can't be bad for all I know.

Don't lose more than 1 pound per week though, that's fast enough.
>>
>>26062706
No the medicine legitimately makes you gain more weight it's a side affect. Thanks for the advice tho, good thread
>>
>>26062984
Somehow I don't think people who prioritize weights over cardio are "unhealthy"

It's not like lifting weights doesn't elevate heart rate as well.
>>
>>26062838
>Cardio is the most important type of exercise you can do for your health and fitness

That's not very true. The heart is a muscle, but far from the only one.

>but do your cardio and do it every day.

Cardio is one type of fitness. Look at marathon runners and ask yourself if that's how you want to be. I clearly don't.
>>
>>26062861
>You burn more calories lifting weights

I doubt it. I don't even count the calories I burn doing cardio when I count the calories I eat. It may be a few hundred but it's never that significant, I don't think, compared to running or swimming, and that's all right. I lift to increase strength, not to burn fat. I eat less to burn fat.
>>
>>26062984
So whats good? Practicing to run a few miles in between?
>>
File: rare pepe.jpg (103KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
rare pepe.jpg
103KB, 511x428px
>>26062975

>Then please do.

From the back. Nothing impressive as it is. More impressive considering the progress, but I don't normally post this because it's not that inspiring, I don't think.
>>
>>26063359
Thank you and you look good.
>>
>>26063452

Thanks. I'll post progress pics when it becomes more relevant.

As I said in previous threads, I was stuck in circuit hell for a long time and improved extremely slowly. I've made noticeable gains since I switched to a more efficient program.
>>
>>26061716
Been going to the gym three times a week for three and half weeks now.

Still too intimidated by the huge fuckers at the squat rack and such so i'm using machines till I am a bit more confident
>>
>>26063556
>Still too intimidated by the huge fuckers at the squat rack and such so i'm using machines till I am a bit more confident

You made it this far, you've done the hardest already. If anything, huge fuckers will respect you more for doing barbell than machines. Everyone starts somewhere.

Watch these to feel confident:

Mark Rippetoe

Introduction to Barbell Training
https://youtu.be/7HRqB30lxmo?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Deadlift
https://youtu.be/4AObAU-EcYE?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Overhead Press
https://youtu.be/CnBmiBqp-AI?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Bench Press
https://youtu.be/4T9UQ4FBVXI?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Power Clean
https://youtu.be/wIB_X2N6020?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Low Bar Squat
https://youtu.be/QhVC_AnZYYM
>>
>>26063359
My offer to ask you out still stands
>>
>>26063556
>>26063629
A quick note; if you're better at high bar squats than low bar squats, just do high bar.

My progress was stalled for literally a couple years because of low-bar squats. It made me hate working out, progress was a bitch, and it caused me literally back pain on more than one occasion. I kept quitting because low-bar squats hurt too much no matter how I did them.

Once I switched to high bar, it was an easy path to 3 plate in a couple months.
>>
>>26061743

1000 quid for weights lel

>50 for bench
>70 for barbell and 50 kg
>100 for additional 100kg
>50 for 2 barbells
>100 for squat rack which can also hold bar for chest exercises
>>
>>26063629
>>26063693
Shit man thanks a lot. You were the person who inspired me to go to the gym in the first place so thanks for that.

I'll try at some point in the next couple weeks. I just cant make myself do it yet haha
>>
>>26063629

rippetoe is a meme

enjoy your meme workout faggot
>>
I was 185 and I went up to 205 over about 3 months. I'm 6'3. I think I want to get fit and start lifting. I eat mostly non junk food. a lot of meat, a lot of bread and cheese, drink mostly water. should I change my diet while I lift, eat less, or eat more of the same.
>>
File: 1358707709642.jpg (33KB, 400x382px) Image search: [Google]
1358707709642.jpg
33KB, 400x382px
>>26063667

Pic-related.
>>
>>26063693

Noted. I wanted high bar tutorial but couldn't find one from Rippetoe.

>>26063705

Not quids, euros/dollars. It's an average. That's what it'd cost for me here.

>>26063749
>Shit man thanks a lot. You were the person who inspired me to go to the gym in the first place so thanks for that.

Very welcome. And yes, do high bar rather than low bar, you'll find enough tutorials online, especially by Rippetoe. Don't hesitate to watch these longer videos where he literally gives a class to a bunch of people.

I'm glad you're making it! Eventually, you'll get to it I am sure.
>>
>>26063760
>rippetoe is a meme

He's a meme who worked at training people in strength for over 30 years now and has a degree in anthropology. He speaks sense and his program has given results for a long time. There's a reason why his SS is so popular.
>>
File: 1362782540361.gif (1MB, 330x248px) Image search: [Google]
1362782540361.gif
1MB, 330x248px
Remember there's this email address where you can reach me, but keep in mind I cannot respond back from it:

[email protected]

I must go! Keep it everyone, I'll come back soon.
>>
About 2 weeks into my low calorie diet. Im 6'1 157. Eating 900-1000 cals a day. Im planning to go back up after ive lost some fat that wont go away. How long could i safely stay at this low calorie level?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.