[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can anyone who has/had a gf have low self esteem when there

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: Klf5acB.jpg (82KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Klf5acB.jpg
82KB, 500x750px
How can anyone who has/had a gf have low self esteem when there is literal proof that they are good enough for someone?
>>
>>26060971
rejection

it sucks.

that it's a hard hit for any man.
>>
Sauce on pic?
Original comment btw
>>
because they settled for a shitty one that made them feel worse
>>
>>26060971
I don't think you realize how low self esteem works.
>>
>>26060971
>self esteem
>self
>>
>>26061082
>>26061091
and where do you think your opinions of yourself come from, dumbasses
>>
>>26060971

brreehhhh
>>
>>26060971
normies are just naturally entitled liked that, senpai
>>
File: 1447159005365.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1447159005365.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>MFW someone who is loud, extroverted and has had gfs claims they are """"insecure""""
>>
File: 1401315651052.gif (982KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1401315651052.gif
982KB, 500x500px
>>26060971
The problem with self-esteem is that, for most people, it is directly connected to something external. For example, their appearance, or their relationships, or their achievements. However, this is ultimately harmful and unsustainable. The trick is to DISCONNECT your self-esteem from all external factors, and RECONNECT it to your inherent value as a human being.
>>
>>26062478
which is 0
>>
>>26062497
It's only zero if you believe it. Human brains are retarded, just slightly above animal brains, and can be tricked and twisted into all sorts of things. You can tell yourself nice things and your brain will believe them and you'll feel good about yourself. Or, you can tell yourself mean things, and your brain will believe them, and you'll feel bad about yourself. It's a feedback loop. And even if the negative things that you believe about yourself are objectively true, and you really do have 0 inherent value, so what? Would you rather be happy and deluded, or miserable but knowing the truth? Unless you're channelling the latter into some kind of dark art project or something, why wouldn't you go with the former?
>>
>>26061965
the worst thing is people who are loud and extroverted who now claim they have anxiety and panic attacks
>>
>>26062716
i know. Its like millionaires complaining about hunger.
>>
because while all my friends are out banging 350 girls a week, I'm in a long term relationship with a girl I really like. Also my first girlfriend.

I feel bad because I see less attractive guys fucking better looking girls than them, but when I was unattractive I got 0 attention and I had to work to improve myself to a point where people found me attractive. Probably because I'm socially retarded and can't just chat up girls like my friends do.

Additionally, once you start with the self improvement thing you never feel like you're good enough. You wake up, look in the mirror and think oh no, my face is looking puffy today and start worrying about what people will think (even though most people likely wouldn't notice at all)

That said, I agree that self esteem issues are much worse for people who've never had someone show interest in them.
>>
File: will_smith.jpg (288KB, 1290x1600px) Image search: [Google]
will_smith.jpg
288KB, 1290x1600px
>>26062743
Or oppression
>>
>>26062762
>Additionally, once you start with the self improvement thing you never feel like you're good enough. You wake up, look in the mirror and think oh no, my face is looking puffy today and start worrying about what people will think (even though most people likely wouldn't notice at all)

Self improvement should be limited to just physical things, you need to work on your mental health as well. People don't get in amazing physical shape without exercising, and people don't get in amazing mental shape without "exercising."
>>
>>26062801
you're absolutely right

no clue how to "exercise" the mind though
>>
>>26062716
>OMG I couldn't find my keys this morning and I had a fucking panic attack!!

shit rustles me good
>>
>>26062848
Look up positive self talk and automatic negative thoughts, you might find it helpful.
>>
File: 1446711071656.jpg (30KB, 403x497px) Image search: [Google]
1446711071656.jpg
30KB, 403x497px
>>26062627
>inb4 edgy
>inb4 fedora
>inb4 atheist

truth is like poetry, and most people fucking hate poetry...

the reality is, every single human being on this planet has no real value, every single one, telling yourself "good things" to trick your brain into being happy only works so far till you realize, there is absolutely no reason to live for, you have to find something to live for, be it pussy, money, or what ever.

And that is the only truth that most people deny and do not accept.

so yeah i am miserable and want to kill myself everyday, because i don't have things to live for, i have absolutely no reason to be alive.

only thing that's stopping me is my parents being still alive. otherwise i would have already booked it.
>>
>>26060971

Nobody can break your self esteem better than a bad GF.
>>
Banged a nice black girl, she was pretty hot, she was a total weeb. Her dad was a thug, whiting that little vixen with massive daddy issues was very satisfying.
>>
File: 1446387928493.jpg (51KB, 460x591px) Image search: [Google]
1446387928493.jpg
51KB, 460x591px
Because if you go by the "had a girlfriend" standard, you then face the fact that you were rejected AFTER she had a chance to get to know you. And that, for me, is the reason I feel like shit about myself. Knowing that I'm good looking enough and not outwardly autistic enough to drive off women at first, but the fact that my personality will eventually grate on them, day by day, as they slowly become less interested in me, and they slowly desire me less and less, and they slowly like me less and less, until one day they finally decide to break up with me. Because I wasn't good enough for them. And I can't say that they didn't give me a chance or get to know the real me. They did. That's the problem. They got to know the real me and the real me wasn't good enough.

Does that answer your question? Can you stop having such a narrow-minded and naive view on what makes a person confident and happy with themselves now?
>>
>>26063303
You can't determine your self worth on whether or not you've been dumped, almost everyone has been dumped at some point or another

that being said I don't agree with OP's point either
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.