[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who Elder Scrolls Online here? Can anyone review the game

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (93KB, 727x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 727x612px
Who Elder Scrolls Online here? Can anyone review the game before I purchase it?
>>
biggest bait in human history
>>
>>26058243
It's not good enough to stand as an mmo or rpg on it's own but the weird combination it is can be plenty good if you're a fan of Elder Scrolls and want more time in that world.
>>
>>26058298
Thank you I appreciate your honesty. I did enjoy the previous games. How is the pvp?
>>
Mediocre at best. I wouldn't pay full price.
>>
>>26058336
Do you have any other mmos to suggest?
>>
>>26058315
I found the PVP to be pretty exciting actually.
>>
4/10
I was given it for free and I got bored of it and uninstalled it.
Skyrim is one of my favorite games.

I'm not a big MMO fan though. But I played Neverwinter longer than I played ESO.
>>
>>26058354
I hear the there are some huge pvp battles. Does it lag a lot?
>>
>>26058346
Not the same anon.

If you haven't picked Destiny up yet, it is worth the $60 they'd want from you. It's not really the mmo they originally advertised, but it does have some of those elements.

Mmo-ness aside, they gameplay is astounding, and the raids are absolutely amazing (the first couple of times). The only downfall is the grind(s) which don't always lead anywhere specifically, just "up". Currently, PvP is kind of a mess, but Bungie seems to be (finally) moving away from skill based match making back to connection based matched making. If they do go back to CBMM, PvP will go back to its old glory, and be one of the most fun multiplayers out there.

PvE has more or less dried up, but if you are going in fresh, you probably won't even notice until Destiny 2 is almost here. You unfortunately won't get to really experience the other raids (since most people are trying to grind out the newest one), but there is hope that the other two and a half raids will get revamped to drop better gear/have harder enemies. Aside frm that, destiny offers a patrol mode which gives you free reign of the various planets, and is probably the most mmo-like part of the game. Here you can come across other people patroling, or see some people breifly passing through on their way to a raid, or to a mission.

>tl;dr - destiny if you like shooting aliens
>>
>>26058243
Not worth it. You won't have the offline game experience. All the good things you can read about it is pure shilling. It sucks real bad.
>>
>>26058528
Bungie pls go
>>
>>26058552
So, that's a "no", then?
>>
>>26058346
I played WoW for 6 years and wouldn't recommend it to anyone new.
>still the best running mmo
>fuckin huge with great lore
>terrible community
>a large portion of players are bots

I played FF:XIV since NA launch after 2.0 and wouldn't recommend it.
>community sucks nobody talks to anyone.
>Gear grinding takes months for base level shit then they make it easy after a new patch
>servers are fucking terrible for NA and EU.
>only fun with friends
>you will have to have a tunneling service or great internet to go against some bosses
>the game favors anyone who has been subscribed longer.
>in game events are common and usually give gear and shit, some are fun. Most are just grinding.
>story and graphics are great.
>Dialog is text based and usually unimportant.
>90% of all main quests are bullshit, run here talk to this guy then kill 5 mobs.
>the game is boring until you hit lvl 50.

I played ESO for 6 months and won't go back.
>cool universe
>terrible community
>only fun with friends

I played SWTOR for 8 months and won't go back. Even though I recommend it to others.
>mostly free
>fun questing with friends if your new
> great story if you like StarWars
>Canon to the new stuff
>Revan
>>
>>26058365
Hey I'm playing never winter right now, trickster rouge and having a great time.
Last night I had to help a guildmates that was completely stoned ha-ha it was like babysitting a child
>>
Play blade and soul
Really good pvp and skill is the only thing matter
>>
File: i-SgspgPN-1050x10000.jpg (162KB, 1050x526px) Image search: [Google]
i-SgspgPN-1050x10000.jpg
162KB, 1050x526px
This about sums it up. Don't play time wasting simulators.
>>
>>26058646
But posting on time wasting on a Laotian pingpong enthusast message board is perfectly okay
>>
I think I would really enjoy eso but I just don't have anyone to play with so I'm reluctant to buy it.
>>
>>26058243
it's fun for like 2-3 days then it's extremely boring, almost all the quests are the same thing. Worse then Skyrim's radiant quests. I didn't even finish the main quest. Everytime I actually muster the will to retry it, it has to update an I end up playing something better.
>>
>>26058940
How is the pvp though is it difficult? Is it more fluid then skyrim combat used to be?
>>
mmos are shit
destiny is shit
skyrim is shit
elder scrolls online is shit
bethesda is shit

>>26059142
the combat is fucking dreadful i cant even put into words how bad it was when i played it. skyrim has shit combat but this was some next level shittyness. everything is floaty and weightless and just bad.

find a game with interesting mechanics you enjoy dont just play some shitty mmo
>>
>>26059182
What games do you enjoy? Any recommendations?
>>
File: 1451829759473.jpg (45KB, 291x280px) Image search: [Google]
1451829759473.jpg
45KB, 291x280px
>>26058528
>boring halo gameplay everyone has experienced before
>tiny ass fucking worlds with copy and paste enemy locations
>you're expected to grind the same areas over and over to do shitty quests to get shitty rewards
>end game is to repeat the same missions over and over killing bullet sponge enemys with basic as fuck ai
>pvp is nothing special feels like a worse halo game
>people actually like this game
>>
>>26058499
Yeah for the big ones it does. I don't have the fastest computer though so it might be fine for you
>>
>>26059223
i try to play games that i think have relatively interesting/original gameplay that you don't see very often, not to say all these are original cause they aren't, but they have gameplay i enjoy that is different enough from the norm to keep me engaged.

games like mount and blade warband and chivalry medieval warfare are games which have actual interesting melee combat that is skilled based and has weight behind it, you can actually parry and block and it works, and the fact its multiplayer helps a lot. games like skyrim or eso just dont work the same way and mmos never have interesting combat (and the combat is essentially the only real gameplay you'll be experiencing as thats all the quests boil down to). you float around and hit a number of abilities and visually its a fucking mess, actual melee combat games like the ones i mentioned are far superior.

the only games im playing at the moment are mount and blade warband and rainbow six siege. looking forward to xcom 2 as well next week.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.