[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any robots tried God? I have nothing left, what were your findings?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 28

Any robots tried God?

I have nothing left, what were your findings?
>>
>>26057850
>what were your findings
That you need faith for the full impact of God
>>
>>26057850
I prayed. Nothing changed.
I smoked DMT. Everything changed.
Draw your own conclusions.
>>
I'm becoming more and more convinced that there's an evil god who creates unfortunate people like me just for the lulz. Chad on the other hand is his fap material.
>>
>>26057888
God always answers my prays. I only ask for the strength, wisdom and courage to overcome life's challenges though.
>>26057911
Buddhism explains that suffering is because of misdeeds in your previous life.
>>
more people should read the Christian apologetics. They set up a pretty good defense of faith using reason.
Personally I turned to buddha.
But I'm not above believing in a God. Modern religious interpretation has completely fucked it up. And the fedora clad atheists have fucked it up even more. But the original theology is pretty compelling.
It got way too self esteemy and feminized. Religion is hard and masculine.
>>
>wanted to be trans growing up
>every birthday I would wish I was a girl
>one night at 14 I prayed to God to make me a girl or I would hang myself
>became androgynous at 15
>have feminine features at 18
>get confused for a girl sometimes in public

I thank God every day
>>
Well, at least it will make you feel righteous about not having sex.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 201x251px
>>26057999
Buddhism is bullshit tbhq.
>>26057850
Yeah, along long time ago before I sat down and thought about that shit. Truth is, I don't know and you don't know, but I think humanity in general proves that, if there is a god, he forgot about us or he just doesn't give af. Now I'm just an existential nihilist, which is probably the best thing for me.
>>
>>26057850
I can tolerate God-bots.
I can't tolerate fags that believe in demons and demonic shit but refuse to acknowledge there might be another side.
>>
>>26058052
>Buddhism is bullshit tbhq
any particular reason why you say this?
>>
>>26058052
omg your so edgy will you be my bf
retard
>>
No gods are real.
For the entirety of history there has not been even one piece of reliable evidence suggesting any deity is real, despite persistent attempts by millions of people to find proof.
Plus even if against the odds the Abrhamic God was real, he has killed millions of innocents, allows continuous wars, diseases and suffering while refusing to even show any sign that he is real and makes people suffer for eternity for anything he considers sinful, which makes him an asshole unworthy of praise in my opinion.

But if you think you can manage to truly delude and brainwash yourself, and that you would be happier and more moral for it, nobody is going to stop you.
If you however believe that you see Gods or hear voices of Gods, you suffer from some kind of schizophrenia-like mental illness and should seek mental help immediately.
>>
>>26058078
I can't tolerate fags that believe in demons and demonic shit but refuse to acknowledge there might be another side.
what does that mean?
>>
>>26057999
>strength
>wisdom
>courage

Whoa whoa whoa, are you telling me God plays Zelda?
>>
>>26058125

Father time father space Mother nature

Everything lives to serve and fit in.

It would be stupid to think humans are the only living breathing once inanimate objects that muster concious and have a need to serve just because another thing can think , move , or speak.

With enough thought a thunder God that gives you a thousand sheep overnight can exist , well find the same thing , water it down and label it science and poke and prod the topic later after we get you to be distracted from it.
>>
>>26058182

Proverbs are a great source of wisdom.
Psalms are great feeling of safety during chaos.
God mad you with the strength to succeed ,
all you would have to do is know your enemy.

that's technically the only thing that trumped eve
>>
File: image.jpg (245KB, 808x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245KB, 808x1050px
>>26058080
Some illiterate starving Indian guy figured out the meaning to life before anyone else? Life is shit because I was supposedly a bad person in another life? If I just recite hymns three times a day and shave my head and eat cow shit like a virgin with a bunch of illeterate Chinese guys I'll 'transcend'? Come on, that shit is bullshit and you know it. And, if that is true what life was I assigned in the first place? It's utter shit and it's only respectable as a lifestyle. I was a Buddhist for about 3.5 seconds before I grew and faced reality: No one knows shit, science is the only thing we have to go off of.

>inb4 some neckbeard types out a paragraph trying to prove Buddhism through physics

Don't, you're only going to make yourself look retarded.

>inb4 law of conservation of mass
>inb4 newton's 3rd

>>26058124
Isn't edgy, you don't know and I don't know and it doesn't even matter. We're just shit that transforms into other shit.
>>
God? You want to talk about God? I'll show you God *summons a raging storm that swallows New York city* that's God right there, lick the blade
>>
god is the one truth
follow him robots
>>
File: image.gif (1000KB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1000KB, 500x254px
>>26058281
God might be a fucking alien bug creature Pham, how does it feel knowing you worship a zichronian zebop fly bruh?
>>
>>26058254
So you were a buddhist for a few seconds but you've claimed to have it all "figured out" one of the main reasons of suffering as described is ignorance, you'd know that had you bothered to invest more than a few seconds. You don't even know what Buddhism is above and that's evident in your third sentence about shaved heads and cow dung.

And yet you claim "science is the way to go" when science is about fully understanding something and not make raging accusations about things you know nothing about. Can't get into science, can't get into religion. Sounds like the only thing you can get into is someone handing you things on a silver platter so you don't have to think or do the hard work.
>>
File: apparently food is bad.jpg (243KB, 604x600px) Image search: [Google]
apparently food is bad.jpg
243KB, 604x600px
>>26058254

I'm inclines to agree with you partially on the Buddhist scenario. Though I am not a Buddhist, the idea that "life is suffering" and that suffering is caused by desire make a lot of sense to me. I like the philosophical concepts, which is why I prefer the Tao.

It doesn't make sense though. Siddhartha proposed a 'middle path' saying that indulgence or asceticism is not the way to enlightenment, but somehow reached enlightenment through asceticism. hmmm.
>>
If you follow god, you find yourself. Peace becomes a tangible thing.

You don't have to "pick" a religion, they all have more or less the same way.

Better yourself, in mind, body, and soul (do good unto others[even if it's not a karmic thing your conscience will be clear] and do good unto yourself). You'll be alright if you keep God close.
>>
>>26058254
>Life is shit because I was supposedly a bad person in another life?
Worst part of buddhism from what I know about it(admittedly not much). Just plain wrong and bad philosophy. Bad things happen to anyone. Christianity says the righteous will suffer but in the end you'll be with God. Buddhism? LOL YOU DESERVE IT.

Not even once. Atheists love it because it doesn't complain as much as Christianity. Even though it's an unhealthy worldview, people don't seem to care since it seems to stay out of politics.
>>
>>26058214
yeah okay hippie, go praise mother earth in fantasy land if it makes you happy. doesn't make it real.
>>
>>26058322
>Sky daddy keeps me safe
Gotcha
>>
>too pussy to kill himself
>joins the jesus cult instead

Have fun pretending that you have an imaginary friend op.
>>
File: image.jpg (169KB, 1000x933px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 1000x933px
>>26058320
That's the thing faggot, I don't claim to know shit. I'm completely agnostic on 'God', my philosophy on life is nihilism. Go rub cow shit over your head.

>Protip: science isn't about fully understanding something because science is constantly changing and transforming. For fucks sake man, what we know about physics doubles every ten or fifteen years.
>>
God has always provided for me
>>
Does anyone else here have trouble accepting religious people as normal?
I mean especially the fundamentalist christians, mormons, jehova's witnesses, etc - I just can't see people who believe that nonsense as equals, I can't take them seriously at all.
>>
>>26058395
>*because what we know about
>>
>>26058409
They're not normal. No westerner should be religious. We don't need the priest to intercede with the Gods for us anymore. The only people with a right to be religious are third world peasants and hunter gatherers. They don't know any better.
>>
>>26058409
And you're normal? Lol!
>>
>>26058409
>>26058432
Christian here. What nonsense are you talking about? Can you be more specific. Miracles, creationism, what?
>>
>>26058332
If everyone was a Buddhist and believed in karma and reincarnation then the people who suffer in this life will accept it and others would be compassionate enough to not make things worse for those that are suffering, but the world isn't full of devout Buddhist so selfishness, ignorance, and hatred gets in the way of all that.

Buddhism also says the the righteous will reap what they sow in the afterlife. So how is that any different to Christianity?
>>
>>26058373
Cheeky. Not once did I mention a sky daddy.

Are you projecting your insecurity? Do you hate abrahamic religion that much? I pity you bruh, somewhere in you is a shred of belief that can save your soul. Find it.
>>
>>26058400
What has God provided for you exactly?
Food? Nope. Farmers grew that and you bought it.
Clothes? Nope. Some Indian child probably made that t-shirt you're wearing, which was imported and bought by you.
Shelter? Nope. Builders built your house, you bought it/ rented it/ whatever.
Morality? Nope. Values and morality of western society exist regardless of belief in a particular God and you are taught good morals by sources other than the Bible.
Peace of mind? Nope. Delusions and belief in any faith can provide an illusion of comfort and happiness, God didn't sprinkle happy dust on you while you sleep.
>>
>>26058395
> I don't claim to know shit
Says he doesn't know shit, but can make a statement like "Buddhism is complete bullshit" and when question we end up making a full circle.

Can you not waste other people's time in future? You're not here to discuss anything just to troll.
>>
>>26058458
>Miracles, creationism,
Here we go, #notallchristians . It's all the same horse shit, don't try and differentiate between the different brands.
>>
>>26058464
>people who suffer in this life will accept it
This is where ya went wrong.
Instead of accepting it, maybe we shouldn't?
>>
>>26058478
>Thou shalt not be passive aggressive
11th commandment for you anon. Run that by Sky Daddy and see if it passes muster. You guys are close right?
>>
>>26058485
>Values and morality of western society
aka degenerate trash
society is falling apart the further from God it gets
>>
File: The-Matrix-quotes-2.jpg (155KB, 500x247px) Image search: [Google]
The-Matrix-quotes-2.jpg
155KB, 500x247px
Humans evolved from single cell bacteria. Humanity is in essence a virus. All life is essentially competing forms of viruses. Spread, reproduce, consume, mutate, spread. If you want to know the meaning of humanity just look at a virus.

When someone is infected with ebola or smallpox those are other competing forms of life trying to kill us. We are no different from them. We are parasites just trying to survive.

There are no sky gods. Why would a virus have a god? Wanting to believe in a god for meaning is just a natural side effect of sentience.
>>
>>26058489
Whatever bro, I don't care what you think I was just trying to see if I could answer some of your questions. But if you just want to be mad go ahead.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 553x484px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 553x484px
>>26057850

Yeah, I tried, when I was like, seven. It just seemed to good in my shitty life, then I realised its bullshit. Life didn't get worse or better. (still shit)
>>
File: large-family.jpg (57KB, 600x313px) Image search: [Google]
large-family.jpg
57KB, 600x313px
>>26057850
Well. according to the GSS, the CDC, and a large number of studies people who regularly attend church, routinely pray, and believe in God are:
-happier
-healthier
-have a higher overall quality of life
-live longer
-have more social interaction and more friends
have less stress, anxiety, and bouts with depression
-less likely to be convicted of a crime
-less likely to go to prison
-less likely to be on welfare
-less likely to be unemployed
-more likely to marry
-less likely to divorce (if a Catholic you divorce at 1/2 the average if you attend church regularly; if you are "truly believing" at 1/5th the average)
inb4 "correlation isn't causation". Sure, that's true. But it *is* correlation so, just like insurance, if you stick with causation you'll still be better off.
Thus, it is a fact of *science* that being religious is objectively better than being an atheist.
>>
>>26058507
He told me to tell you to lead by example.
>>
>>26058521
Thanks. Keeping your mouth shut is a rare gift for a christian. The world thanks you.
>>
>>26058125
>I am an edgy fedoralord who is completely ignorant of history, the post
>>
File: image.jpg (168KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168KB, 1920x1080px
>>26058464
>being this much of an arrogant bitch

Your body parts will be recycled, no doubt about that. But, to think that you have some 'soul' that is placed in a great life or a bad life based on what you do here is borderline retarded. There is no such thing as a 'soul', what you think is a soul is really just your brain neurons firing through synapses at super sonic speeds. If everyone was a Buddhist that believed in Karma they'd just be faking all their compassion and love out of FEAR. What's selfish is wanting everyone to subscribe to your bullshit religion and trying to shame them into beliveing your cow shit on head mantra.
>>
>>26058539
>less likely to go to prison
Why are so many prisoners religious then?
>>
File: noarms.jpg (73KB, 565x546px) Image search: [Google]
noarms.jpg
73KB, 565x546px
>>26058500
then don't but those people who don't accept it and dwell usually suffer for as long as they allow their suffering haunt them

pic related could have went one of two ways, dwell on his disability and hated life and be miserable and possibly killed himself as his own admission or embrace life and move on, which he did and look how that turned out

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amor_fati
>>
>>26058588
They get religion in prison. Those that continue to attend church regularly after release are less likely to go back.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 240x135px
>>26058487
Buddhism is bullshit because EVERYONE (not just me) doesn't know shit, we're dumb animals that are just now beginning to understand our surroundings. Stop being a special snowflake and just admit it. You don't know, I don't know, and a 1000 year old Indian guy telling you to rub cow shit on your head definitely does not know.
>>
>>26058585
>What's selfish is wanting everyone to subscribe to your bullshit religion and trying to shame them into beliveing your cow shit on head mantra.
The shame isn't coming from me mate, i'm not sitting here condemning you to hell. The shame and anger if you haven't already noticed is coming from you. What you are feeling is the shame and fear of your own existence, how you've lived life, how you've conducted yourself. Your actions, your speech they are filled with anger and hatred. I'm trying to discuss religion and God but everything that's been coming out of your mouth is "i'm right, your're wrong" and here's a petty insult to prove it. you keep banging on about cows..

Even if there was no reward, no afterlife i'm still going to live virtuously and FYI I don't believe in hell.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 400x386px
>>26058539
>implying any of that matters
>implying we won't all die
>implying anything you do here matters
>>
>>26057850
I have, but posting my findings wouldn't be acceptable.
>>
>>26058597
>The Brazilian Oblongs
>>
>>26058649
So you'd rather be sick, lonely, and miserable while you're here?
Child of a single mother, right?
>>
File: kookoko.jpg (22KB, 300x213px) Image search: [Google]
kookoko.jpg
22KB, 300x213px
>>26058597
Religion is used as a defence mechanism for suffering. Denial works just as good.
>>
See >>26054550.
Kek should be your God.
>>
>>26058614
I don't need a 1000 year old person to tell me anything, I've seen it first hand. I've seen how ignorance causes suffering, I've seen how anger causes suffering. I've seen how greed causes suffering.

I've seen how people let their desires like lust, envy, anger, pride, gluttony, sloth and greed cause them to suffer.

"why can't I be rich, why can't I have a hot gf, why can't I sit at home and be lazy and play video games all day, why can't I have somebody else's life"

I've seen how when a person lacks virtue, such as wisdom, courage, selflessness etc they also suffer their entire lives.

I don't need anyone to tell me that the sky is blue. Just common sense to pull my head out of the sand and its evident enough.
>>
File: pepe 05.jpg (417KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
pepe 05.jpg
417KB, 499x499px
I found that God wasn't some man in the sky making a naughty and nice list,I found that I myself was God and so was everything and every one else around me.
>>
>>26058697
What are you denying exactly?
>>
File: funnystupid.jpg (81KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
funnystupid.jpg
81KB, 400x300px
ITT: one guy pointing out objective benefits of being religious and a bunch of robots ignoring it to talk about feewings and fedoras
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 370x529px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 370x529px
>>26058639
Ight, drgaf tbhq, keep being braindead pham. Never crack open a book even once in your life brah.
>>26058681
Lying to myself sounds pretty miserable, I don't know how you religious people pull it off.
>>
>>26058791
Why did you even come to a discussion thread if you are going to act this childish? Why not stay in s4s?
>>
File: 1449049632981.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1449049632981.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>26058737
This familia

>tfw true enlightment after learning we are all one in the universe
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 268x316px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 268x316px
>>26058736
Have you seen how healthy cow shit is for your skin?
>>
>>26058815
How am I being childish? So far, you've addressed nothing I've said and given zero proof. You just keep trying to convert people to cow shit on head religion without giving any proof.
>>
I"m not opposed to the concept of God, and generally do believe there is a "Creator" in some form, but not in the same sense most religions believe.

If anything, they simply caused the catalyst of creation, and everything since then followed within its own internal logic.
>>
File: leddit.jpg (5KB, 184x195px) Image search: [Google]
leddit.jpg
5KB, 184x195px
>>26058783
>ITT: one guy pointing out objective benefits of self delusion

fixed that for you
>>
seek the truth brothers
>>
>implying I want to subscribe to a belief system that tells me even suicide isn't an escape
>>
can atheists explain, if theres no god, why does it matter if a girl is a virgin or not
>>
>>26058332
You should read up on buddhism then. I understand your point of view, but its not what buddhism says or is about.
>>
>>26058841
How was I converting? I asked you why you think Buddhism was bullshit, and you could provide were grade school insults.

What I said was Buddhism explains that your suffering is a result of how you conducted yourself in a previous life.

What proof do you want from me? Should I also summon God to appear before you while i'm at it?

How you are being childish is I say one thing, you divert into something else or put words in my mouth "converting", you use petty insults every chance you get, you are either lacking comprehension or just blatantly putting your fingers in your ears and going "la la la i can't hear you" so to speak. So there's a bunch of reasons of how you are being childish, pick your favourite.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 445x324px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 445x324px
>>26058911
"WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD MAN GONE. I'M READY TO SETTLE DOWN BOYYYSSS"
>*face melts off*

Uh, because nobody wants used good?
>>
>>26058911
Would you drink from a cup that another man had put his cum filled dick in?
>>
>>26058962
From a purely materialistic standpoint, there's nothing different about it if it's been cleaned after
>>
>>26058911
It doesn't. It's the same reason people want unplayed with action figures rather than used ones.
>>
>>26057850
Not a robot but I'm borderline theist ish.
>>
>>26058955
See>>26058585

>prove there is such a thing as a soul

That's my argument, there is no such thing as a soul so ergo there is no such thing as Reincarnation and any acquired so called 'bad karma' is moot.
>>
>>26058995
Every dick a chick takes breaks her a little bit. From a materialistic view I would consider a woman who's been around to be broken
>>
>>26058791
>>26058863
"In reality the Scientific Method is only one manner of searching for knowledge; in this case, it is limited to a very narrow realm of knowledge. Scientism is the fallacy that either the scientific method is the most authoritative manner of gaining knowledge or, in its most ridiculous form, the only means of gaining knowledge.
The hilarious thing about Scientism is that those who most believe it are the ones least likely to realize that Scientism is, itself, not a scientific statement or belief so anyone who adheres to it is by definition deluding themselves."
-Prof Lew Richardson
>>
>>26059021
>there is no such thing as a soul
For someone who places so much emphasis on proof I find your lack of proof regarding the existence of the soul unconvincing.
>>
File: car-sama.jpg (32KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
car-sama.jpg
32KB, 500x367px
666 trips of the beast
777 trips of the god
>>26057888
888 trips of the druggie
>>26057999
999 trips of the beliver
>>
>>26057850
Try Islam
dont get swayed by other ppl who don't learn it throughly
read al quran, nderstand the true message of that and the cause of each revelation so u wont be misled by ppl and to prevent you reaching wrong understanding and become isis hurkadurka , also learn sufism by reading tasawuf books, *u need a teacher for this , read al hikam by ibn athaillah & the explanation might be a good start to know Allah also learn ibn arabi the great sufi, then u can understand what's Allah, how he does things, u can even communicate with him at some level
after at that level you wont be a miserable robot anymore, any tragedy or good happening will means nothing to you cause you only see god as the true real existence and realize you are just nothing. with such mentality that submit to god. Good luck OP, i pray for your success to reach the absolute truth
>>
>>26059021
You could say that sentience and soul are the same thing.
>>
>>26059075
>IF god is 5 and the devil is 6, then that must make me 7
>>
>>26059080
>absolute truth

>ignore God in the Old Testament and ignore the Son of God in the New Testament
>>
>>26058855
>implying has really learnt concept of God from all religion
u are just fulfilling ur ego
>>
>>26059070
Aren't you supposed to be proving Buddhism to me? You're the one making the outrageous claim that cow shit on head religion will fix the world.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof
>>
File: image.png (6KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6KB, 645x773px
>>26059080
>*converts to Islam*

Idk why, but I feel as if Allah is speaking to me through your post. ALLAHU AKBAR.

Come on bots, seek the truth and revert.
>>
>>26059093
>referring to bible
>not knowing that bible has been changed fro many times
>still use such unvalid reference
>not trying quran which is still the original until now
>swayed by negative prejudice because ppl said islam evil meanwhile they dont really understand the real meanings of each revelation & ISIS false act / or maybe they're stupid enough to reach wrong conclusion

c'mon you naive robots
>>
>>26059141
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Sea_Scrolls
>>
>>26059113
Why are you allowed to make claims that the soul doesn't exist but I can't recite what Buddhism has said about karma and reincarnation :)?

Goes both way. You are allowed to believe there is no afterlife, I'm allowed to believe otherwise.

But at least in my hypothetical if everyone was a devout Buddhist, the world and individuals, wouldn't suffer through life as they are in a reality where the soul, karma and reincarnation doesn't exist.
>>
>not worshipping the Shrike

Fucking plebs
>>
JIZZUZ IS NOT GOD
>>
>>26059159
>implying I don't believe in an afterlife
no soul != no recycle

>if everyone was a devout Buddhist, the world and individuals, wouldn't suffer through life as they are in a reality where the soul, karma and reincarnation doesn't exist

You don't know, I don't know. No one knows.
>>
God remembers you robots, it says he remembers even the grass and the sparrows. He surely knows the pain of no gf.
>>
>>26059253
It's kinda hard to forget grass though, it covers a significant part of the earth's land surface
>>
>>26059235
>no one knows
God knows, my soul talks to God, I listen to my soul therefore I know.

You have a soul too whether you want to deny it or not. Go on, ask God how much better the world would be if we lived virtuously and sin free and the truth will resonate within you.
>>
>>26058320
Buddhism is for people who think "it's foreign so it's cool :)"

Greek/Roman stoicism teaches denial of material desires without being weak and effeminate like Buddhism.
>>
File: squire.jpg (121KB, 850x633px) Image search: [Google]
squire.jpg
121KB, 850x633px
Tried to message God but God was AFK.
>>
>>26059311

How is Buddhism effeminate and weak?
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 600x551px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 600x551px
>>26059305
>my soul talks to God

See "delusions".
>>
>>26059311
Too bad what you're describing wasn't very clear when it came to pride, vanity and humility hence the im better than you attitude
>>
>>26059367
I will, when you read up on denial. We could do this dance all night but i'm not here to twist your arm or convince you of anything. You don't want to believe that's your choice.
>>
>>26059345
Buddhists are not exactly known for building great empires. Also, just look at them.

>>26059389
If you beleive that, you should read Marcus Aurelius' Meditations, before you make more of a fool of yourself.
>>
If you believe in any sort of God or diety as described by a religion you are fucking retarded or were indoctrinated as a child, that's why some intelligence creationists exists although they are rare. If you subscribed to belief later in life you should feel utterly ashamed. If that's the case kys kek
>>
>>26059441

Neither has stoicism.
>>
File: image.jpg (641KB, 1464x1986px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
641KB, 1464x1986px
>>26059311
O, you noble stoics.
>>
>>26059441
Why read up on it, you're here i'll just ask you myself. Your previous post sounded egotistical, boastful of superiority over another, claiming Buddhist is weak willed and effeminate.

So how is it these things?
>>
>>26059319
He probably got tired of the spam.
>please satisfy my shallow materialistic needs
>>
>>26059465
>Marcus Aurelius
>Not a great emperor

>>26059502
Stoicism teaches that people should live according to the Greek concept of virtue, which includes finding the correct balance (golden mean) between pride and humility. Vanity is bad because it could lead you to become overly-attached to worthless things.

Perhaps I do not display great virtue in the way that I am writing here, but I don't see how that disproves my point.
>>
>>26059586
The only point i see you claiming is that Buddhism is weak willed and effeminate which you've yet to answer. But I won't press the issue.
>>
>>26059444
Once you lose someone close to you you'll think about things differently m8.
>>
>>26059586

Marcus Aurelius was a great emperor because he cared for the people with kindness.
>>
>>26059634
The difference is that Buddhism teaches TOTAL abstinence from everything but that which brings inner peace. Stoicism teaches REASONABLE temperance, and is less about abstaining from things and more about not over-valuing them.

>>26059662
>>26059720
Have you read Meditations?
Perhaps stoic virtues are a little different from Aristotlean virtues, but they still always come back to courage, wisdom, temperance, and justice.
But in Meditations, Marcus Aurelius does not once indicate that he cared about his people. He was a good emperor because he believed that it was his duty to be a good emperor, just as it is a farmer's duty to be a good farmer. Stoicism is a very egocentric philosophy which usually expresses detachment from others. You do what is expected of you because that is why you are on Earth.
>>
>>26059770

He didn't write about it, but his actions speak louder than words.

When the Tiber River flooded, he personally went out there to help the people. When famines broke out, he fed the people.

Yeah, he might've thought he was just doing his job or saw it as his duty, but the actions themselves show some concern over the well-being of others, which is essentially compassion.

Some accounts even suggested that he sold personal belongings to help raise money for dealing with famines.
>>
>>26059894
I believe that, if he were truly compassionate, this would have been evident in his writing. He did these things because he believe that it was his responsibility to do so.

I guess you could say that compassion is the same regardless of its intention, but I would disagree that he "cared" for anyone.
>>
>>26058343

Its okay to believe what you want , but whether you like it or not time still has a negative or positive , you will only percieve things from your level of perception , so i suppose a tree hugger would be what you call someone.
Not understanding that mother nature is very simple yet very complex.
Space is very simple , yet very complex.
basically , dont be a raging douchebag for a second and juggle multiple opinions without fully embracing them , so it doesnt scar your ego and opinionated veiws.
Youve only learned from sceptics it seems , so to you things just happen randomly. Though even random is a calculation. to believe that there isnt an ultimate that existed in the end and the beggining is just being blind and idiotic.
In the beggining ( i suppose youd see it as a man that supposed to feed you clothe you shelter you prove himself to you fly through the air shoot stars at you and bring the sun to your doorstep.) , not every God was Some sort of super hero , it could be a molecule , Could be a thought that created an actual being.

Dont forget everything we own started out as a thought. Then a Word , then an action.

Its not called being a hippie , its just finding out an opinion for ourselves instead of letting someone else tell me to sit down shut up dont worry about it , follow their observations and be a skeptic.

I would love for you to think about your creation and what it truly means to be
" ooh ah " we exist " , so fucking what . existance."
>>
Alot of these people seem to be Thanking Time.
And the benefits Someone that could
Control Time and Placement in space would offer.

>Provided for me
>food at perfect time , perfect place
>Knowledge and power , perfect time perfect place

>Implying any of us will survive
>all of us die
>the future still exists on what you do now
You could create a whole new universe with the right knowledge , for the knowledge was always there floating in the air ,
( the stuff that makes things is always existent )
we are just learning how to create things that have always been there.
( different prototype possibilities )
were just learning how to create " new " and prolongue existence knowing , that we all will die , we still have to survive.

So instead of thinking of things as primitive as possible , you hould learn off those you know have nothing better to do but to think about this ,
Think of time as a complex loop of pattern and bars ,
Think of time as a simple circle.

Because of the fact that you thinking of time like " swag , time " is actually stunting your observations of " God "
>>
>>26057888
>shortening your brain is gonna give you 'the answers'

lmao

drug addicts everyone
>>
Comprehension and understanding the knowledge that took years to experience

is completely different than just knowing that the theory was invented , lets do drugs and misunderstand the Great men and elders.
>>
God and religion is what keeps me going. Everything happens for a reason. You can't give up faith just because he doesnt give you everything you want.
>>
File: 4355114-9306117554-crono.jpg (134KB, 457x514px) Image search: [Google]
4355114-9306117554-crono.jpg
134KB, 457x514px
i've come to the realization that I am a god, equal to the other gods. Once i live this mortal vessel i'll show you all my wrath desu with you senpai
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.