[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you commodified your time spent online into

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: meme explained.png (786KB, 770x926px) Image search: [Google]
meme explained.png
786KB, 770x926px
Why haven't you commodified your time spent online into an art career so you can make money selling/showing art in NYC galleries?

>Pic related

>Ryder Ripps comments on the question of how does one commodify the popularity of digital ephemera by rarifying one of the most popular internet memes, Pepe The Frog, rendering it in 15 ounces of 18 karat solid gold - effectively creating the rarest Pepe in the world. The Rare Pepe, or Why Post-Internet Art Is Stupid also has a his own website goldpepe.com. This ubiquitous meme started in 2005 and has been seen on everywhere from your mom's feed to Miley Cyrus'. The meme's irony is that one digital image can be "rarer" than another, which is also its punchline.
>>
bump for future art careers
>>
Taking a joke and turning it into some gallery shit and getting idiots to write about it is definitely amusing, but also proof that this person has no originality themselves.
>>
>>26046237
>rich people
>>
>tfw there will be pepe faberge eggs
>>
memes are the avant garde art of the future
>>
>>26046237
Do you honestly think we all have the resources to steal other people's ideas and profit off them?
>>
File: 1432324625613.png (830KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
1432324625613.png
830KB, 792x792px
pepes are now backed by gold
>>
paulina ty kurwo aaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>26046237
reminds me of the behelit or something

what would you have to sacrifice to gain ultimate neet power
>>
it will probably just be melted down when they realize how worthless it is compared to the value of the gold
>>
>>26047448
I wish I could be the one to melt it down. Fuck this garbage. The fact that it's ironic doesn't make it good.
>>
i read some article on vice about a fatguy who trolls 4chan steals meme images and grotesquery for his murals and makes money from that
art communities are kind of a joke its just networking
>>
File: frog.jpg (14KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
14KB, 400x300px
This entire situation makes me really uncomfortable in a different sort of way.
>we post sadfrog
>frog and feelguy used for 80% of thread images
>post pepe threads become more common
>these morph into meta humor "rare pepe" threads
>new users don't understand
>take the meta in the wrong direction
>it becomes cancerous on our own board
>thanks to reddit and tumblr this leaks into the rest of the internet and real world
>nobody understands it
>but they run with it anyway
I wonder if any of them will ever realize how embarrassing they look taking an ironic joke seriously and making it part of their internet experience.
Feels fucking weird, man.
>>
>>26047615

This has happened to every significant meme that's occurred. Don't contribute to memes, they all go down that route or fizzle out. That and they're unoriginal and lazy after the first post.
>>
File: 1453243238927.gif (2MB, 300x176px) Image search: [Google]
1453243238927.gif
2MB, 300x176px
>>26047250
memes are humanity itself, literally 2deep4u
>>
File: dank trends.png (37KB, 953x657px) Image search: [Google]
dank trends.png
37KB, 953x657px
>>26047663
It happens every few months, but it's never been this bad.
>>
>>26047807
First we had DJs making money of playing other peoples songs, then we had peoples playing videogames and just making silly faces on camera on youtube making millions, now memes will be a form of art and will make you rich. If aliens would visit earth they would be dissapointed at the media and modern art. I know I am.
>>
>>26047663
>Don't contribute to memes
A good idea in general, may mays are for autistic ledditors, but judging by 4chin's may may obsession there isn't a difference between the two websites.
>>
File: it's already over.png (25KB, 864x467px) Image search: [Google]
it's already over.png
25KB, 864x467px
>>26047904
Another daily reminder.
>>
>>26048050
Well that's not so bad. Almost the same as pre-fappening.
>>
>>26047312
>what would you have to sacrifice to gain ultimate neet power

bottles of piss
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.