[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do parents with mentally disabled children lie to themselves

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: potato child.jpg (133KB, 940x1024px) Image search: [Google]
potato child.jpg
133KB, 940x1024px
Why do parents with mentally disabled children lie to themselves and say god has "blessed" them? Every time I've talked to somebody with a mentally disabled kid they call their child a miracle.
>>
>>26039312
In that family not only the kid who is mentally disabled.
>>
>>26039312

Because people are naturally inclined to try to make their burdens/hindrances out to be strengths. It makes them feel better. We all know their kid's a fuckin' 'tard, but think about how they feel. They waited on a nice, regular kid for nine months and got a mistake and they're too socially conditioned to be bleeding hearts that they won't just do the right thing and euthanize it.

tl;dr - Let 'em have this, they're just working through the denial.
>>
Maybe because they love their kids and are happy to have them even if they are flawed
>>
I agree OP but Downs Syndrome is one of the few exceptions. They're a dream for parents who would rather have their kids be their "precious angel babies" forever. So great for moms but bad for dads.
>>
idk op, ask your parents lol
>>
Coping, you know this senpai. You know it.
>>
>>26039446

What about the "butterfly kid" whose skin falls off with even the lightest touch? Crying in pain every time his parents bathe him or change his clothes? The kid who talks about how much he wishes he could just go to highschool and be a normal kid? I bet that kid would off himself if he could.
>>
File: 1443995255939.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1443995255939.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>26039466
R
O
A
S
T
E
D
My nigha
>>
>>26039476
Their parents love them and would probably climb mount everest if that's what it took to cure them. I mean what do you expect, for them to take them out back and put a bullet in the back of their heads?
>>
File: 1375350894358.png (141KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1375350894358.png
141KB, 256x256px
>>26039466

a b s o l u t e l y
fucking
s a v a g e
>>
>>26039514

This isn't about whether they love the kid, it's about whether the all-powerful God Almighty knowingly and purposefully "blessed" the parents with such a "miracle" for a "greater purpose"
>>
>>26039466
>>26039506

>samefagging this bad

>>26039424
>>26039514
You can detect most disorders early on in the pregnancy.
>>
>>26039506
>>26039533
epic toasts, fellow /b/tards :D
>>
File: 1432792681590.gif (15KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1432792681590.gif
15KB, 633x758px
>>26039312

>parents has downs child who literally throws shit everywhere and attacks random people in the street when they go out
>"He's such a beautiful child! God blessed me with him!"

>parent has child who has slight problems being social and charismatic
>"You worthless piece of shit why do you treat me this way I can't ever get grandkids because of you I hope you kill youself!"
>>
>>26039560
Maybe he did? I mean how would you even know. Do you read any sacred texts or even believe in God at all. I think it's kind of a loaded question to ask why someone lies to themselves. Maybe it's not a lie, or maybe they genuinely and wholeheartedly believe their kids are a blessing, even if something is wrong with them.
>>
>>26039312
Because for Jesusfags it's a sin to hate God, even when he gives them a bad hand. They feel that it is somehow their fault and they should be thankful that they have children at all. They pretend to be thankful but deep down the resentment is strong
>>
>>26039609
It is kind of funny how that works. I guess it's because a retard can't help it.
>>
>>26039614

I read the Bible all the time. And yes struggle and hardship is for a greater purpose. But, don't you think, just maybe, from our tiny human perspective, that he could have just given the kid a bum leg or something instead? If the degree of pain is supposed to result in the parents bringing about great change in this world, then they've failed. Will it bring them closer to god? Of course - but holy fucking SHIT don't you think that's overkill?

At least watch the documentary and hear the suffering child's own words.
>>
File: hogborted.gif (1MB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
hogborted.gif
1MB, 240x320px
Well statistically speaking the child is going to go through life with a better standard of living than the average person even with an IQ of 120+ in China, India and various other poorer countries.

So in that respect, it is a miracle of societal wealth and empathy. Pic somewhat related, babby avoided that fate.
>>
Parents of kids with mental problems always have this soulless, thousand yard stare even as they praise their kid. It's heartbreaking to see.
>>
File: Intense Homu.jpg (54KB, 1064x600px) Image search: [Google]
Intense Homu.jpg
54KB, 1064x600px
>When autistic people try to converse with you
Stop it, you freak. I don't even want to look at you, you literal mistake of nature.
>>
>>26039424
It's different in another cultures.

I've worked as a medical assistant to a pediatric doctor in the USA, and there was a foreign (I'm guessing she was Armenian) woman who gave birth to a retarded baby, and when she brought her child in for checkups she kept weeping and apologizing to me that she was forcing us to provide medical care for her "broken baby."

My guess is that she was a mail order bride and she was worried that her husband would send her back because she gave birth to a retarded baby.
>>
>>26039312
Some people actually enjoy the prospect of having to take care of a manchild. They stay just like a little kid in their eyes and they have unique personalities unless they're completely braindead.

Parents of severe autists who are combative and don't have a shred of empathy are so worn out that they will just tell you straight up their life is hell and they need help to manage their kid and they may even put him in a home.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.