[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about picking up a martial art to help improve

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Kid_krillin_peace.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kid_krillin_peace.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
I'm thinking about picking up a martial art to help improve my non existent confidence and be more like my hero krillin . Any suggestions on which one I should take? I don't want to wind up taking something useless.
>>
File: vyRR4.gif (1MB, 291x188px) Image search: [Google]
vyRR4.gif
1MB, 291x188px
FUCKIN' MUAY THAI
>>
>>26038819

I'm guessing you're a manlet, right?

Do Judo. Judo was invented by a guy who was so small, no sensei would take him. It's perfect for small people. In addition to that, I'd try to learn a striking art, like boxing.
>>
it all becomes useless in a fast-paced fight where you and/or your opponent could end up on the ground in a heartbeat.
If you want confidence and have no experience then you can just take any self-defense course at a gym or even a dojo that seems legitimate (or at least doesn't have an overweight/out of shape instructor).
You're not going to raise your confidence by trying to join a hardcore dojo where all the other students are doing crazy hard shit while you struggle through warmups.
>>
>>26039107
Yeah I'm 5'9 ;_;

I'm kind of scared of boxing though because of the repetitive blows to the head/brain damage.
>>
>>26038819
MMA bro. Or Pro Wrestling for the bucks, but not useful because it is designed specifically not to hurt people BUT YOU COULD JEEZUZ. Just remember nobody will let you Piledrive them... Unless you knock em' the fuck out.
Boxing is good too, good earner and seems a bit useful. I've actually been in a few fights and it's really hard so learning to fight would be good (I didn't and still don't know how to fight) all I know is don't try and punch people in the head, they always protect it. I find tripping, gut and nut punches/kicks (I've never actually kung-fu kicked anyone it always feels impractical in the moment all I mean is a basic ball kick and run).
Running is the best form of self defense and I believe Goku and Krillin do a martial art vaguely resembling Karate.
>>
File: 1449391360179.png (263KB, 336x516px) Image search: [Google]
1449391360179.png
263KB, 336x516px
>>26039132
Don't listen to this faggot hater OP everyone has to start from somewhere
>>
Cool, another krillin fan.
Best character in Dragon Ball, the most clever, and he bangs C-18.
He's so underrated... It makes me sad.
>>
>>26039141

I'm 5"7. 5"9 ain't that short famalam. Think of it this way; If you got leg lengthening surgery, you'd be 5"11, and that's pretty much 6 feet tall. Wear 1inch shoes and you're there.

Anyways, I still think you should learn a striking art to compliment the grapples.
>>
>>26039141

You won't begin sparring right away. When you do spar, your opponent will wear 16oz gloves and you will be wearing headgear and a mouthpiece. By the time you spar you will have a better understanding of how to block. Which is not to say you will block every punch. I take muay Thai, bjj and boxing. Highly recommend them all. Start with one of the striking arts. Karate, aikido and the majority of taekwando are all bullshit. If you have a gym that teaches mma I'd hit that one.
>>
>>26039192
He is underrated. I hate how underutilized he became as a character once Z started. DB OG will always be goat
>>
Stand-up boxing for basics of footwork and striking. Certain schools of karate for the same purpose. Muay thai to specialize in striking with all parts of the body. Tae kwon do if you want to throw really good kicks. BJJ or wrestling for grappling.

Everything else (CMA, dance-fighting, whatever) isn't necessarily useless, but it'll only complement the way you employ the shit from the above. Honestly, just having the muscle memory for throwing a punch is worth something.
>>
>>26039238
It wouldn't be that bad t b h but I have a relatively small frame and still look like a middle schooler at 20
>>
Kyokushin karate
Brazilian jiu-jitsu
Krav Maga
>>
>>26039141
The best boxer of our era is 5'9''. You should be a boxer. Hell you'd be tall if you compete in the asian circuit.
>>
File: Dale_using_Pocket_sand.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Dale_using_Pocket_sand.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
Forget all that noise OP all you really need is POCKET SAND
>>
Look op, Im in an advice giving mood so ill be honest with you; youre far far faaaar better off going to the gym
>>
>>26039581
I've been on SS for two months
>>
>>26039611
Stay on it for as long as you need. Youll look like a jason genova in the end though but i think itll give you the confident youre seeking
>>
Train like goku and krillin did in db

Go on runs wearing weighted clothing
Lots of push ups sit ups squats etc

Then just practise your punches and kicks and you'll be like the krill master in no time

Pic related is my fave character
>>
>>26039513
Tyson was only 5'10 and he shit on everyone. Height isn't as big a factor in fighting as most people think
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.