[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't let life get you down. God is ALWAYS there for you.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 18

Don't let life get you down.

God is ALWAYS there for you.
>>
Can god give me healthcare or painkillers?
>>
I really hate when people say this. I dare you tell people who live in shit conditions like in ISIS territory where the women were raped and the men killed, or in Africa where water is so precious, and the diseases they have and whatever, that god is looking out for them.
There is no god, and if there is one he doesn't care about us at all. I'm not saying he should care I'm just saying we shouldn't pretend that he does.
>>
>>26037280
He helps those who help themselves.

If you want it, you have to work for it.
>>
>>26037239
>bringing religion to /r9k/
REEEEEE get the fuck off my board
>>
>>26037332
Sounds like a scam XD
>>
>>26037332
So it's the same as not having any help at all, that kind of logic is such bullshit.
>>
>>26037332
Can he give me pain killers too?
>>
>someone posts about God on 4chan
>hide thread
It's not that I'm not interested in God, but if you're here you really have no business to be talking about him. This is a godless zone.
>>
>>26037388
>*tipped gracefully*

Enjoy your stay in hell, heathen.
>>
>>26037332
>if you want his help you have to help yourself
smdh
>>
Ew religionfags
>>
File: does this look like bait.png (263KB, 520x377px) Image search: [Google]
does this look like bait.png
263KB, 520x377px
>pray to sky pappy
>jesus loves you
>deism is the one true answer
>>
God is a fucking cunt, I hate him so much I don't even give a fuck if he's real or not.
If you're out there, then fuck you for making me exist.
>>
>>26037332
So he does nothing at all?
>>
>>26037239
I'm too forgiving to get mad at godfags and too experienced arguing with godfags to bother arguing with godfags anymore, as everything you have to argue with boils down to "but muh faith". Either keep your imaginary friend for yourself, or grow up. It's not that I'm not interested in discussing theism; the problem is that theists aren't really interested in discussing theism, as they are unwilling to keep separate their faith from their arguments.
>>26038173
Also this. What would your God think of you if he sees you browsing 4chan?
>>
>This isn't even a meme

God is good.
>>
>Preying on the emotionally weak so you can get more Jesus points with the preacher for conversions
>>
>>26039391
No, he blesses those who actually make an effort to change their lives.

Look at people like Trump and Cuckerberg. They literally worked hard for everything they have and they were blessed with opportunities as a reward for their perseverance and tenacity.
>>
>God is ALWAYS there for you.

What about when he decides to have you tortured for entirety for not kissing his toes?
>>
File: 1453823354124.jpg (57KB, 396x395px) Image search: [Google]
1453823354124.jpg
57KB, 396x395px
reminder that centuries of theodicy have never found a solution to the problem of evil

only gnosticism has
>>
>>26037332

> really ill and can t help self

Gotta earn it
>>
>>26039461
That's your choice to make. You can't really blame Him for your actions.
>>
File: classcuck.jpg (285KB, 775x504px) Image search: [Google]
classcuck.jpg
285KB, 775x504px
>>26039460
>Zuckerberg
>Trump
>worked hard

fuck off classcuck
>>
>>26037239
Not interested in your advertising campaign.
Christians are blasphemous.
>>
>>26039529
>Literally the only righteous religion on the planet
>Unarguably has done the most good for humanity
>Least violent
>Most charitable
>Easily the best culture
>>
God is everyone of us.
Still its hard to make him get up from the sofa and do something useful :) damn it.
>>
>>26039574
Take your meme post and go back to your church heretic.
>>
>>26039698
Nice rebuttal, memeposter.
>>
>>26039698
you didn't address any of the points that were made

you may as well have said nothing at all
>>
>>26039460
No, those two guys worked hard and made the money themselves. It didn't just drop out of the sky for them. You can't attribute everything good that happens as a miracle of god.
>>
File: 1400006613743.jpg (32KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1400006613743.jpg
32KB, 323x323px
>>26039574
I rate this 5 out of 8
>>
God is either evil or powerless

>>26037332
You're right, most of us did it to ourselves, but stop bringing sky daddy in to back up your arguments, evil or powerless
>>
>>26039574
>literally the only righteous religion on this planet.
more like self righteousness.
>Has done most good for humanity.
On and off lot of war started because of the Catholic church but the biggest troublemaker is obviously Islam.
>Least violent.
Check out the inquisition, America ,and the dark ages.
>Most charitable
not really lot of christian are hypocrite self entitled prick.
>Best culture
Opinion =/= Fact.
>>
>>26039878
>implying God didn't provide them with the opportunities to capitalize on their hard work
>>
>>26039574
>literally the only righteous religion on the planet
Priests molest children that are just trying to worship their "god" and priest says it how jesus shows his love
>unarguably has done the most good for humanity
Crusades and forced Indians to convert and if they didn't were killed or worked to death, the church forces their ideals on others and claim you go to hell if you don't believe.
>least violent
The Crusades were pretty fucking violent
>most charitable
Force everyone who attends a service to pay a tithe
>>
>>26039940
Something that doesn't exist can't provide an opportunity for someone who does exist.
>>
>>26037239
So if God was able to create everything includin himself. Does that mean God is an atheist ?
>>
I want God to leave me alone.
>>
>>26039964
All of those things can be attributed to the faults of man and not the religion itself.

If they actually followed the teachings of the Bible properly and without self-interest, then none of that would've happened.

Again, you can't fault God/religion for the actions of man.
>>
>>26039994
Good thing God does exist :^)

>>26039997
If you don't believe in yourself then you're a nobody. Why God not believe in his own existence???
>>
>>26037239
answer me this: where does god come from
can't magically pop out of fucking nowhere
>>
>>26040082
God is eternal, ever-existing. He is, has been and always will be.
>>
>>26040033
But anon, I thought God has a plan for everyone and he helps everyone in their time of need? If so why is his plan for those kids to molested by his own preachers? Also why do 5 year Olds get raped and murdered or kept as sex slaves? Is that God's plan for them? And if not, why doesn't he save them with a miracle, if he loves all his children? Doesn't sound like a very just God anon.
>>
>>26040099
>says god
why should i trust what he said
why should i follow some 2000 years old story about your sky sugar daddy
ok answer me this:where is heaven , i know God is supposed to be omnipresent so i won't bother
>>
>>26040075
But I do actually.
I just don't believe in a Jewish religion promoted to goy. btw How many people were at Jesus tomb ?
>>
>>26040100
Again, those are all the faults and actions of man.

God has bestowed upon us free will, and with that, we are given the ability of doing whatever we want. He has already set rules and standards for us to live by and doesn't make us abide by them. However, He has stated very clearly the consequences of going against the set guidelines for living with your fellow man. Basically, you can have your fun but eventually you're going to pay the price.
>>
>>26040142
>>26040082
I really hope you are trolling otherwise you literally must be 12 years old
>>
>>26040142
You should trust His spoken word because he literally has no reason to lie to us. Honestly, what does he have to gain from it?

Also, how would I know where heaven is? I'm not God and I've never been dead.
>>
>>26040178
But God created man in his image so why give us the ability to do evil if we're suppose to be like him? Does that mean God is evil as well?
>>
File: Demiurge Warning.jpg (735KB, 1750x2482px) Image search: [Google]
Demiurge Warning.jpg
735KB, 1750x2482px
>>26040210
>Does that mean God is evil

for the last time, yes
>>
>>26040210
No, God isn't evil, but he is capable of performing evil deeds, obviously. God, just like man, can choose which path to take.
>>
>>26040238
This post confirmed that God is a sinner.
>>
>>26040238
Alright so why do you believe in god? What about religion makes you want to worship?
>>
>>26040197
half serous
>>26040197
so what god should i have faith in ? there is tens of religions that claim to be the only true one
all have similar stories of creation and miracles
all have messengers and prophets ; it's the same circle jerking "serve me and do what i say or be damned , i love ya btw :)"
also i think you're a Christfag so why don't you convert to islam ? it's the same God and it is the continuation of christianity
>>
>>26040210
>Ability to do evil
He gave you free will, anon.
>>
File: CC.png (764KB, 680x1046px) Image search: [Google]
CC.png
764KB, 680x1046px
I'm not religious but I do enjoy the religion related memes like the Fuck Off Jesus one or the new Christ-Chan. So in some ways religion does bring joy to my life for which I am grateful. I also respect some of the virtues religion tries to inspire in people like kindness and generosity but I can't find myself believing in any religion in a literal sense.
>>
>>26039460
Trump started by borrowing a million dollars from his grandpa and has been bankrupt several times. If he had put that million dollars in a mutual fund, he'd be a lot richer today. So yeah, Trump is unremarkable.

Zuckerjew caught a big break. His social network just happened to be the one among dozens that caught on and everyone uses.

Your examples have NOTHING to do with merit or hard work.
>>
>>26037239
Allahu akbar
unmute
>>
File: coyote.png (666KB, 895x565px) Image search: [Google]
coyote.png
666KB, 895x565px
>>26037332
lol gtfo

origins
>>
File: S.jpg (117KB, 515x525px) Image search: [Google]
S.jpg
117KB, 515x525px
>>26037239
But WHO is there for me?
>>
>>26040315
That shows how worthy God seemed to think those two were.

I mean, seriously, look at the influence they've had and are currently having on this world. They're both heavily influential outside of their financial success. I believe God lead them on a path to change the world for the greater good.

>>26040253
I believe because it's the only thing that makes sense in this world.
>>
>>26040206

come on answer me i'm serious
>>
File: Assange-vs-Zuckerberg.jpg (170KB, 960x501px) Image search: [Google]
Assange-vs-Zuckerberg.jpg
170KB, 960x501px
>>26040454
Oh for fuck's sake.

unoriginal post
>>
>>26040601
Are you blaming Zuckerberg for the way other people treat him?
>>
>>26040454
Believing in a meme cause weak and can't deal with life as it is. Sad desu
>>
>>26041241
I'm dealing with life just fine, anon. I'm probably less depressed and more content with life than a lot of other people on this board.
>>
>>26037329
Doesn't Christianity teach that there are things greater than this life and that true love is greater than any kind of suffering?
>>
>>26037401
>XD

You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was too low on content. (9.09% content)
>>
>religion
>/r9k/
Robots are pretty much the proof God doesn't exist, or if he does proof that he is a fucking ass hole that shouldn't be worshipped.

Get the fuck off my board /pol/
>>
There is no god. No heaven or hell. When you die you cease to exist.
>>
god is a fucking fag
>>
>>26039184
Thats like a child saying to an adult that "santa isnt going to give you any presents this year"
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 768x576px
>>26037416
>>26039219
>>26037401
>>26039477
>When you've done things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.
>>
If God is Omnipotent, can he create a rock heavy enough that he himself can't lift up?
>>
File: 77 - Granite Caverns.mp4.jpg (9KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
77 - Granite Caverns.mp4.jpg
9KB, 240x180px
>>26037239
My favourite alternative to that parabel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSeS7vTEkHE
>>
File: 0007-attitude_800x600-750110[1].jpg (58KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
0007-attitude_800x600-750110[1].jpg
58KB, 800x600px
I don't mind God, man, but how stupid are the people who actually get inspired by these dumb motivational posters and banal platitudes? They're the type of people who ignore any flaws within themselves and are much happier as a result.
>>
Then God is a fucking asshole. Wanting to see people suffer is sick. Why would you worship someone who is putting people through suffering instead of helping them.
BTW any person with any amount of intelligence has at this point realized that at least God doesn't care about anyone.
>>
>>26040238

>No, God isn't evil, but he is capable of performing evil deeds, obviously. God, just like man, can choose which path to take.

If God is omniscient, then he knows everything he'll ever do, for definite. Meaning everything he does is completely predetermined, meaning he has no free will.
>>
>>26037401
That's because it is / always has been. XD
>>
File: 1435549907285.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1435549907285.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>>26041283
I'm with you OP. My life was shit for so long, and now I've capitalized on a literally God given opportunity. I honestly googled the other day "why do I feel so happy?" b/c it's just a strange feeling to be content with life. I know God has set me on a path towards love and happiness. Good vibes bruhs, deus vult.

If you're christian or curious about the faith, I suggest reading/watching Quo Vadis. It's seriously great.
>>
>>26037332
It's like saying things happen because you make them happen.
See? You can just remove God and nothing changes.

Also why would God help a paedophile/massmurderer if "they help themselves". You should realize that God does not exist/ doesn't give a fuck about us. So pls do us all a favor and stop making these threads.
>>
File: Teaching.gif (32KB, 501x323px) Image search: [Google]
Teaching.gif
32KB, 501x323px
>>26037239
During a test you worked on the subject before, during a test you know why you're here, during a test you know how much time you have left, during a test, you know which exercise gives you how much points on the final mark so you can prioritize...

During most tests all the student have the same sheet, the same exercise... the same test.
>>
>>26042464
Wrong. This is a very old problem, perhaps you should study theology rather than watch YouTube r/atheism-esque videos all day.
>>
>>26042458
MUH FEELINGS WHY DOESNT THIS PERFECT BEING FOLLOW ------------------MY---------------- FUCKING FEELINGS REEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UR FUCKING STUPID IF YOU DISAGREE WIT HMY FEEEEEELINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>26042593
Saying something is "wrong" is not a counterargument. If you actually have an explanation enlighten us. Because I'm sure you can't, unless you change around some definitions of words.
>>
>>26042604

>MUH FEELINGS WHY DOESNT THIS PERFECT BEING FOLLOW ------------------MY---------------- FUCKING FEELINGS REEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UR FUCKING STUPID IF YOU DISAGREE WIT HMY FEEEEEELINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The same argument could apply to someone being tortured by a sadist.

He could torture his victim and as the victim cried, he could simply say, "Why should I care about your feelings? I'm bigger than you".
>>
>>26042593

I provided a logical argument. Find the flaw or don't, but don't try shifting the burden of proof onto me.
>>
>>26042604
It's not about life being hard its about God being an asshole. I'm okay with him saying I don't care but if he cares he is a fucking sadist and that is what you are claiming.( ignore his all powerfulness etc.)

Did you actually read what is written their?
>>
>>26040227

Gnosticism is so much less incoherent than mainstream Christianity.

Mainstream Christianity is like

>We worship one God who does not change!

>Except he's actually three persons in one God, and two thousand years ago he came to earth in human form and said all his old laws are now bogus for some reason, and he added a bunch of stuff that wasn't in the old law at all and took a bunch of stuff out. But that's not changing or anything...really!

At least Gnostics can admit that Jesus is literally NOTHING like Jehovah.
>>
>>26042852

Also, Jesus didn't fulfill the Messianic prophecies.

You'd think if he were God (Jehovah) and therefore was the one who set up the criteria for who is the messiah in the first place then he'd fulfill them.

There's nothing in the Jewish scriptures about a second coming or anything either. That just seems like a convenient retcon.
>>
>>26042593
So you actually have no idea what you are talking about. If you had an answer to this paradox you could have BTFO half of the people in this thread but you didn't. Let me guess you just don't have an answer but somehow you will still delude yourself.
>>
Teachers give tests so they can find out how well their students know the subject matter.

If God knows everything he already knows, meaning there's no need to test us.
>>
>>26037239
Nice one but I guess he would have prevented somehow my path towards darkness
>>
>>26039429

>God is good.

What is goodness?
>>
>>26042458
>CRAWWWWWWWWWLING
>IIIIIIIIIN
>MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

I remember when I was 12. Wait until you turn 13, buddy...you're in for a wild ride.
>>
File: 1451245313224s.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1451245313224s.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>26044369
>THESE WOUUUUUUNDS
>THEY WIIIIIIIIIILL
>NOT HEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAL

>mfw god is still a subject after you are 14
>>
>>26044369

I remember when I was 15. Wait until you hit 18 buddy

Then you're for real allowed to post on 4chan
>>
>>26037603
This. God plz give me painkillers too. Amen
>>
>>26042464
God's knowledge of his own actions would more likely be dependent on his own will and not an external element like destiny.
>>
File: gnosis.png (884KB, 700x698px) Image search: [Google]
gnosis.png
884KB, 700x698px
>>26042877
>>26042852
Gnosticism is both more coherent and more elaborate.

In the beginning, there's the Monad. The Monad generates other consciousnesses known as Aeons. These emanations get further and further from the heavenly Pleroma where the Monad dwells. Eventually an Aeon - Pistis Sophia - attempts to create a being of her own. She inadvertently creates the Demiurge by this act. The Demiurge and his Archons are animated by the same "divine spark" as the Aeons, but are either unaware of or hostile to the heavenly regions above them. The Demiurge creates the material universe and with his Archons attempts to keep souls trapped within it. Different sects have different explanations for why they do this, but the Archontics claimed that it was because the soul "is the food of the Archons ... without which they cannot live, because she is of the dew from above and gives them strength".
>>
>>26037239
>God is ALWAYS there for you.
you have no guarantee he doesnt hates you.
>>
God gave me a dealer that gives me oxy at 60 mg a piece for $10 a piece :) but my life is still empty </3
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.