[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it hard to drive? I really want to get a license but I've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: edna4.jpg (208KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
edna4.jpg
208KB, 500x500px
Is it hard to drive? I really want to get a license but I've never driven once before in my life.
>>
Easy peasy
>>
>>26033929
>Is it hard to drive?
No, and I got my license at 21. I still hate going out though, I get really nervous doing anything especially driving.
>>
it's a little bit like playing a video game. cars have simple, responsive controls and the rules are easy to remember and follow.
the trouble i have with it is all psychological, knowing that if i fuck up or someone else fucks up it's gg no re
>>
>>26033929
No it's not practice in a empty parking lot late at night before you take your test though. The written part was actually harder than the driving part. Also drive a lot at night to get more comfortable before going on busy roads during the day
>>
It starts off very difficult but only gets easier from there until it's a breeze. I'm a massive autist who often has great difficulty performing new tasks. I used to be terrified of driving, now I love it.
>>
I'd say it's a bit like learning to ride a bicycle. Hard at first, but eventually becomes second nature.

Basic driving around, specially when you're driving a car with an automatic gearbox, is pretty easy. What's less easy is remembering all the traffic rules, being constantly looking for traffic signs and driving a car with a manual transmission. With a manual transmission just getting going from a set of lights requires a lot more finesse and hill starts are something you don't get down properly until after a few times.

The only difficult thing in basic driving is parallel parking, but a lot of people who have had a driver's license for years and driven a lot over those years suck at it as well.
>>
>>26033929

Harder at first because you're thinking about everything. Later it gets much easier since a lot of it is basically autopilot. Very few people become great drivers, as in capable of driving in a wide variety of conditions.

I know I wouldn't be able to handle major city downtown traffic or whiteout conditions. In those cases, being a good driver is knowing not to put yourself in those conditions.
>>
>tfw car anxiety

People on the road are so mean

I live near a busy highway full of idiot drivers

I feel like if I get behind a wheel, that's how I'll die
>>
>>26033929
just try
>>
>living in a major city

I basically feel like this guy >>26035639

I live in a big city and there are niggers everywhere pretty much trying to wreck their shitty cars into you. It's really stressful. Some nigger already hit my car and didn't even have any insurance. Hopefully he lost his license for that but I have no way of knowing.

Basically the CONCEPT of driving is easy peasy, but it's like playing a team game. You might be good at it, but if your team is completely fucking retarded you will still get totally wrecked.
What I'm saying is that driving is easy but everybody else on the road is completely reckless and fucking retarded, and you shouldn't put it past them that they will try to wreck into you and kill you.
>>
>>26035742

Niggers on public transport are terrible, niggers in cars are terrible. There's no way out.
>>
>>26033929
Stupidly easy. Basically if you've ridden in a car, you know how to drive a car. As long as you know the rules, which you already should. It's the least stressful thing ever.

Driving in snow, rain plus night conditions, long distance plus high speed highway driving becomes stressful, but just drive slow and don't have a shit car and you'll be fine.
>>
>>26035779
>>26035742
You guys seriously need to move. I live in Oregon and it's 97% white here. It's nice.

I got my car stuck in mud and three people instantly helped me out and towed me to the roadway. And this was on a busy highway.
>>
File: 1421030859594.jpg (36KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1421030859594.jpg
36KB, 300x360px
>>26035815
I really would, but niggerapolis is where my job and my family are.
>>
>>26035815

Unfortunately for a lot of America, your options for decent living are

>Nig City
>Cows 'n' Corn
>Baby Boomer Suburbia
>>
File: 1438428569434.jpg (95KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1438428569434.jpg
95KB, 653x490px
>tfw so anxious to even start lessons

I feel like i'll just act like an idiot on the road and put everyone in danger plus be shit at driving anyway.

The only thing is i love the thought of just driving alone at night, that sounds so peaceful
>>
File: 1449318468805.jpg (231KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1449318468805.jpg
231KB, 1500x1000px
>>26034533
I suck at parallel parking because I only need to do it like once a year. As with everything else driving wise practice makes perfect.

>>26033929
My tip to you OP is to learn manual first. It's easier to go from manual to an automatic than the other way around. And while it may be scary being out in traffic it becomes easier over time.
>>
>>26035815
>tfw some guy helped push my car when I got stuck in snow

Bad weather really brings out the best in people.
>>
>>26036370

Misery always brings people together.

Look where you are.
>>
How about motorcycles? I have always wanted one, but don't know how or where the fuck I am supposed to learn to ride one.

I would have taken some classes, but they are all over an hour away and a few hundred dollars
>>
>>26033929

Driving is interesting. It starts out quite difficult (especially trying to start moving on a slope without killing the engine), but after a while it's kinda like walking except way more comfy.
Also learn stick shift if you have the possibility, very useful if you ever plan to move away from the US, since manual is the standard in a lot of countries.

Also like
>>26033991
said, it's like a video game. Driving in games is pretty close to the real thing, if you don't play need for speed that is.

Do it. Practice on an empty parking lot first, move on to rather unpopulated streets, move on to normal traffic, get your license.
>>
>>26033929
I started driving when I was older. I consume as much legal stimulants as possible before and during times when I drive. You ever hear about putting all your eggs in one basket? A vehicle is a basket. Losing a few eggs is one thing, good luck with your basket.
>>
Depends where you live.
I got my licence in California, so I had to deal with all the traffic, but it's not that bad.
The real problem is other drivers, you can practice as much as you want, but other drivers are still a liability.
>>
city driving is boring annoying cancer, but country lanes feel so fucking good
>>
pls learn manual op

driving automatic is like being cut
>>
>>26037871
>Le stick shift masterrace meme

Kill yourself faggot

It's just extra work for no reward
>>
It's hard at first, but quickly becomes natural, like walking. After about 2 months of driving I found myself zoning out while still staying on the road, just as one does when walking down the sidewalk. The only thing is that using mirrors is kinda confusing and hard to do. Merging onto a highway and people following you at night time are scary.
>>
In some states, you can't take the driver's exam in a car unless the car has a hand brake (that the instructor could theoretically use to stop the car without your input, in case of emergency).

Keep that in mind. A lot of cars don't have handbrakes and depending on your state's laws, buying such a car might complicate matters because you wouldn't be able to use it for the test.
>>
File: fno30_06_04b.jpg (425KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
fno30_06_04b.jpg
425KB, 1200x900px
>>26033929
posting best girl

original comment
>>
File: 2dril carr.jpg (153KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
2dril carr.jpg
153KB, 850x1202px
>>26037997
>no reward

I mean fuck my daily is an auto, but nothing feels better than letting the clutch out and feeling the power roll in.
>>
>>26038162
>A lot of cars don't have handbrakes

What the fuck? I've never seen a car without a hand brake. Do you specifically mean hand brakes that can easily be reached from the passenger's side or what?
>>
>>26038162
Aren't you allowed to use a testing car or something to avoid any of that? Also so that porrfags can get a license without having to get a car.

I feel bad that OP's parents never took him out to a parking lot or something to at least try driving for a bit.
>>
>>26034533
>The only difficult thing in basic driving is parallel parking, but a lot of people who have had a driver's license for years and driven a lot over those years suck at it as well.

This is true. I got my driver's license in 2003, have done a shitload of driving, went to racing school and got my comp license in '08, and have done tons of track and race events since, so I'm in the upper tier of skill when it comes to driving.

I still can't fucking parallel park to save my life. I'll pay like 10 bucks to park in some shitty lot downtown just to avoid parallel parking.
>>
File: life goals.gif (147KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
life goals.gif
147KB, 500x334px
>>26038162
In Texas a car can't pass state inspection without a functioning handbrake. The moar you know.
>>
>>26038162
a lot of cars don't have handbrakes? What kind of shit cars do you have that they don't have a handbrake?
>>
>>26038693
A lot of automatic cars have a foot parking brake, it's where the clutch would be on a manual.

More and more cars have those electronic parking brakes too, where it's just a button that only works when the car is stopped.
>>
>>26036333
What's the model of this sweet, hot ride? Makes the girl look like a 4/10.
>>
>>26038770
>A lot of automatic cars have a foot parking brake, it's where the clutch would be on a manual.
Yeah but they should still have a handbrake in between the passenger and driver's seat. I can't believe that there are cars made without one.
>>
>>26038810
That's not unusual at all, I've never seen a car with both a handbrake and another parking brake.

The handbrake in any modern car is nowhere near powerful enough to stop the car, and if you try to use it for that, you'll either break it or spin the car out. "Emergency brake" is a total misnomer, and they should never be relied on for anything but holding the car in place when parked, unless of course you're hooning and using them to put the car into a slide/spin on purpose. Actual drift and rally cars use a hydraulic handbrake for the latter reason, it's actually another full-size brake caliper on the rear brakes with a hand lever to activate it.
>>
File: tumblr_nrcfdvvMaS1tiyf6uo1_500.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrcfdvvMaS1tiyf6uo1_500.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>tfw i always follow the speed limit
>tfw a line of speedy gonzaleses hugging my ass
>tfw i suddenly brake
>>
>>26037997
>extra work
>no reward

pick zero
>>
>>26037997
After driving an auto I view manual transmission as nothing more than a pointless burden.
>>
>>26039545
i bet you use auto-aim in games too you baby
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 514x536px
>>26033929
You could start by not being underage b& mi familia
>>
>>26033929
it's not hard, but it's pretty terrifying. it's still nice to be able to do it in case of emergencies even if you don't plan on doing it very often, i find
>>
>>26039930
why is it terrifying?
>>
>>26036936
>tfw taking the country roads on a trip

Takes a little longer, but the driving is more fun and relaxing.
>>
There's no longer any reason to drive a manual unless you race. Modern automatic transmissions are now more efficient than manual transmissions. Literally the most fedora type of transmission, it's like shaving with a straight razor.
>>
>>26033929
No its shit easy, even woman and old people, chink people, black people can drive, maybe they drive like shit but they still manage to do it, so dont be afraid
>>
>>26038637
Fuck off leddit
>>
>>26040277
and what about people who just want more control over their cars?
>>
>>26040277
>not knowing about clutch braking, second gear start and rev control
>>
>>26040277
>being this pleb
>hurrdurr automatic is for regular driving
>2many things to do for manual

fuck off i don't want to hear about how you want to use your phone while you drive your autotragic
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.