[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>10 commandments that would make you a better you. Write

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 13

File: summitcheer.jpg (80KB, 802x602px) Image search: [Google]
summitcheer.jpg
80KB, 802x602px
>10 commandments that would make you a better you.

Write 10 commandments which if you implemented into your life and lived by religiously would make you a better person.
>>
>>26032789
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoN6XfyQsr4
>>
File: 1453163680104.jpg (313KB, 2336x3246px) Image search: [Google]
1453163680104.jpg
313KB, 2336x3246px
1) Don't be a bitch
2) Be sincere in all that you do
3) Live in a way that is respectful and in harmony with nature
4) Thrive in suffering and embrace struggle
5) Do not actively seek out pleasure
6) Learn for the sake of learning and create for the sake of creating
7) Seek to craft your physicality, mentality, and spirituality to their utmost potential
8) Maintain an open mind but bend to no one's will but your own
9) Treasure and appreciate art above all except the beautiful connections between sincere people
10) Do not settle
>>
>>26033024
Good list except for

>5) Do not actively seek out pleasure

Why?
>>
1. b urslef :^)
>>
>>26033143
Asceticism is patrician
Hedonism is pleb

Seeking out pleasure makes you obsessed with pleasure and distracts you from doing shit thats actually constructive

You become obsessed with yourself and make yourself weaker and weaker because you will shy away from struggle and only seek pleasure
>>
>>26033169
Hmm. Seems like you become a robot. I believe every human being should allow themselves to do things for pleasure. They just need enough self control to not do it constantly.
>>
File: 1453231818988.gif (448KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453231818988.gif
448KB, 480x480px
>>26033193
No

Do not misinterpret what I'm saying

You should be happy and you should seek to be happy but that happiness should not be derived from pleasure.
>>
File: riiight.gif (2MB, 354x223px) Image search: [Google]
riiight.gif
2MB, 354x223px
>>26033209
>you should seek to be happy but that happiness should not be derived from pleasure.
>>
File: Inspiration.png (44KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Inspiration.png
44KB, 1920x1080px
>>26033238
Do you want a reply?
>>
>>26033268
I don't think one's necessary. Your comment was ridiculous enough that it only required a dismissive response from me. I think we're done desu.
>>
>>26033293
Sure thing hedonist retard

Can't even under basic philosophy so much that he has to through denial try to attempt reconcile his disgusting hedonism
>>
>>26033306
>Seeking out pleasure is hedonistic

I should just derive my happiness from...what exactly if not from pleasure?
>>
File: Man I do not know Man.png (25KB, 1179x210px) Image search: [Google]
Man I do not know Man.png
25KB, 1179x210px
>>26033314
For example I am happy when I'm deadlifting

I guarantee you its not pleasureful to have your leg and back muscles obliterated by 405 lbs but I am happy when I'm deadlifting because I am pushing myself to my physical limit and accomplishing something that I was not able to accomplish a year ago

You should achieve happiness through things like overcoming adversity not fapping to trannies
>>
>>26033337
What the fuck?

What if cooking is my pleasure and it makes me happy? Or skydiving? Football?

Jesus Christ. You have to equate seeking pleasure to fapping to trannies. Go back to /fit, you closeted faggot. Or better yet, go to a psychiatrist and realize that it's okay to be gay. You need to do a lot more than lift to fix yourself, loser.
>>
>>26033357
>What if cooking is my pleasure and it makes me happy? Or skydiving? Football?

Cooking/sky-diving/football is not "pleasure"

Those are all fine if they make you happy but those aren't "pleasure"

also
>realize that it's okay to be gay.
Oh hedonist hedonist hedonist...
>>
>>26033376
>Cooking/sky-diving/football is not "pleasure"

>Those are all fine if they make you happy but those aren't "pleasure"

Shut up.

You have nothing of value to offer anyone in your current state.
>>
File: Lifting.jpg (80KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
Lifting.jpg
80KB, 500x304px
>>26033392
There is no need to be upset hedonist

If you want to lie to yourself and convince yourself that seeking pleasure is ok than do that

But the thread's topic was 10 commandments that would make you a better person. You become a better person through struggle, suffering and overcoming adversity not doing things that are comfortable and pleasureful
>>
>>26033427
Your theory works under the assumption that people can not be balanced in their pursuits. How are they even supposed to know what their passions are if they seek no pleasure? You seem like you've built this whole philosophy on how to live life through images on a motivational thread on /fit/.
>>
>>26033454
>Your theory works under the assumption that people can not be balanced in their pursuits.

For the most part, they cannot be

Is this not apparent in the majority of people that you have met?

I can without a doubt say that the VAST majority of people I have witnessed in life have sought out pleasure always and almost never desired to struggle and suffer. It's disgusting how weak they are.

>How are they even supposed to know what their passions are if they seek no pleasure?

This HELPS you find your passions because with your hedonist way of living you will only do what is comfortable and will never seek to do anything new and uncomfortable
>>
>>26033498
>Is this not apparent in the majority of people that you have met?
>I can without a doubt say that the VAST majority of people I have witnessed in life have sought out pleasure always and almost never desired to struggle and suffer. It's disgusting how weak they are.

I'm not going to base any of my beliefs of completely anecdotal evidence.

>This HELPS you find your passions because with your hedonist way of living you will only do what is comfortable and will never seek to do anything new and uncomfortable

And what? I find something new and uncomfortable, feel genuine pleasure from doing it, do it and as it becomes familiar abandon it for something else new and unfamiliar?
>>
File: obesity.png (17KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
obesity.png
17KB, 600x463px
>>26033520
>anecdotal evidence.

holy shit im triggered

when 90% of people you meet in your life are like that, that is called a "trend over time". There is nothing wrong with anecdotal evidence

if you want non-anecdotal evidence see pic-related

you think those people aren't seeking out pleasure? you think they're really pushing themselves and trying to better themselves? lol

>do it and as it becomes familiar abandon it for something else new and unfamiliar?

YES, this is exactly what you should do!!
>>
>>26033576
We have nothing more to discuss.

I believe life should be about working hard to enjoy your pleasures.

You believe life should be about working hard.

Neither of us will see eye to eye.
>>
>>26033620
You believe life should be about working hard to enjoy your pleasures

I believe life should be about working hard to become better and to appreciate the art of your creation
>>
>>26033648

Not even him but art isnt absolute.
Only math is absolute. There is no point appreciating something that isnt absolute, if I do say so myself
>>
>>26033666
What do you mean? Justify your claims
>>
The literal 10 commandments which God gave to Moses.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (198KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
198KB, 3000x1688px
>>26033709
desu this is wrong.
>>
>>26033169
That's not thinking for yourself. You're scaring yourself out of an outdated philosophy that doesn't apply to you. Do you think this makes you sound sophisticated? Pleasure is ill defined. Please can be taking a long shower and reading a nice book. Pleasure is something that feels good. If you refuse to pursue things that make you feel good you're making yourself into a dysfunctional human being.
>>
>>26033209
Happiness isn't a phase, it's an emotion. Happiness is just pleasure that lingers.
>>
File: 1442162753443.jpg (81KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1442162753443.jpg
81KB, 625x626px
>>26033357
Your reading comprehension is shit or then you do this on purpose. Pleasure =/= happiness. Come on use google or something, jesus.
>>
File: 1418342977295.jpg (94KB, 1366x769px) Image search: [Google]
1418342977295.jpg
94KB, 1366x769px
1. No more drugs, I have done enough drugs.
2. No more alcohol, I have drank enough alcohol.
3. No more tobacco, I have consumed enough tobacco.
4. Sleep at night, be awake during the day.
5. Have an active goal, without goals I am stagnant.
6. Have an active duty, without a job, or other active productive hobby, I am worthless to my fellow man and to society.
7. Do something for fun, if I am not having fun, or some sort of release, I will not last long in my endeavors without breaking down.
8. No more masturbating or meaningless sex, these activities drain soul and emotion from my life.
9. Do not indulge in self pity, any man can pity himself, it is weak and a choice.
10. Be happy and right with God, for the alternative is wrong.
>>
>>26033785
Perfect except for the God trash.
>>
>>26033169
Fuck the plebs.
Im with u niggger
>>
>>26033757
happiness is a perspective

it is not bound to pleasure

>>26033739
>that's not thinking for yourself
I listed the 10 thoughts at the beginning of the thread that make up my philosophy. I don't strictly follow one philosophy or another but I am willing to learn from the good ones. Its smart to learn from the wise.

>outdated
What about the [current year] makes seeking pleasure a good and moral thing?

>Pleasure can be taking a long shower and reading a nice book. Pleasure is something that feels good.
Try taking a cold shower. Try doing something that doesn't feel good.

>you're making yourself into a dysfunctional human being.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

-Jiddu Krishnamurti
>>
>>26033797
i guess that God means whatever you believe is right, whatever that god is

it is yourself, your higher self perhaps, If you were to judge yourself based on your actions, you would want to say, "that was right of me."
>>
>>26033193
Pleasure is not equal to happiness.

t. marcus aurelius
>>
>>26034564
Pleasure helps you find happiness.
>>
File: 1395708222743.gif (2MB, 320x382px) Image search: [Google]
1395708222743.gif
2MB, 320x382px
>>26032789
>1. have discipline
>2. do not procrastinate
>3. follow rule number 1
>4. follow rule number 2
>5. don't think with your dick
>6. do not pass up on opportunities
>7. always come up with new options
>8. don't give up
>9. always keep up a high level of banter
>10. never become a fucking cuck

done

these rules, were they religiously followed, would only bring success
>>
>>26034849
>9. always keep up a high level of banter

How can you genuinely keep up with banter? Most of the time it doesn't bother me but I'm so sensitive that occasionally someone will say something, I'll have no response and then after everyone else moves on with conversation I'll dwell on that remark in silence.

I'm such a pussy cunt.
>>
>>26032789
> contemplate and internalize that my death is a certainty, and that this is all there is. Imagine death each morning.

> find a reason to die (something worth dying for), and live for that reason

> find time to be, rather than to do, appreciating the world

> remind yourself that some things are your fault and others aren't, and focus on what you can change

> fap daily, it's good for the health

> buy a mongoose
>>
>>26034899
> buy a mongoose

I chucked at this initially and then I reflected that you might mean buy a BMX bike and I laughed even harder.

Good stuff.
>>
>>26033797
Dude I was a fedora wipping redditor like you. Just accept that there is a God except religions are just bullshit. It's called deism.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.