[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anything to be done about this, or is it a losing battle? h

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: louie2x09solongeddie.jpg (96KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
louie2x09solongeddie.jpg
96KB, 624x352px
Anything to be done about this, or is it a losing battle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X2dCkOI6LY
>>
>>26031615
doug stanhope <3
>>
File: 1412396779136.jpg (113KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1412396779136.jpg
113KB, 640x640px
>>26031615

I'm 22 and I feel as if there's nothing to look forward to in this life. My dreams are out of reach, and the angry, intrusive thoughts continue.

Maybe suicide was always the best choice ; It just takes us a while to realize it.
>>
>>26031664
>I'm 22 and my dreams are out of reach

Unless they're professional athlete or astronaut they're probably not.

What are they out of interest?
>>
File: The Four Continents (1615).jpg (273KB, 1024x758px) Image search: [Google]
The Four Continents (1615).jpg
273KB, 1024x758px
>>26031719
If you aim to be genuinely great at almost anything, especially the arts, 22 is way, way too late. If you don't train from childhood, or until 16 or so, you stand no chance. The "put time into it and it'll work out" thing is ridiculous.
>>
File: filmmakers_latefirstfeature.jpg (488KB, 800x2500px) Image search: [Google]
filmmakers_latefirstfeature.jpg
488KB, 800x2500px
>>26031771
There's literally thousands of examples that contradict that claim. Here's a chart here that has some film makers.

Joseph Conrad is one that comes to mind. Guy wrote a masterpiece in a second language he picked up off shipmates at 42.
>>
>>26031771
Don't get discouraged anon. You're going to turn off someday, keep working on your dreams until that day comes
>>
>>26031771
>>26031807
I would say it depends on the art. The likelihood that you will ever be a concert violinist or pianist or any musician is low, though yould definitely find commercial and critical success as some musicians who started at 30

The amount of writers/actors/directors that started out at some other job before moving onto literature or film or television is astounding though. You definitely don't need to have everything figured out by 22 unless you're trying ot be a professional athlete
>>
>>26031838
I also think from a personal viewpoint that a great deal of artists under 30 have fuck all to say. You often need life experience first.

Will accept that some music fields are different.
>>
>>26031771
Wrong as fuck. Freud was 30 before he even started dabbling in hypnosis, and 55 by the time psychoanalysis had really become big. He had 20 years of productivity left at that point.

Otto Skorzeny was a modest factory owner until 30, when he enlisted and become the Werewolf of Europe.

Lots of examples. Lots of philosophers and great writers who didn't start really churning stuff out until their late 20s or 30s. People develop differently.
>>
>>26031807
ugh, who makes charts like these? they're hard to read and counter-intuitive.

anyway,
>implying any of those people did not have experience in their industry prior to their first film or big break
>>
>>26031807
Cinema is another topic. It's an amalgamation of tons of references, aside from a lot of ephemeral things. I should have been more specific, sorry. Sculpture, painting, draftsmanship, music, mathematics, and writing (in some forms) require certain processes to have happened during childhood in order to reach an outlier level. In addition, your IQ is set in stone as soon as you hit 16, roughly speaking.
For me, if you can't hit that level of skill, it's not worth participating at all. It's like people think that being Picasso vs. having above average draftsmanship is just a linear cold difference in skill. Those two people are so different, It's more like being different species. It changes your entire neurological makeup.
>>
>>26031916
Wrong way to look at something. If you can create something what does it matter if it impacts 10 people or 10,000? It's obviously great to reach a wider audience but making something that can resonate to someone is all you should aim for. Make art for yourself and somebody will appreciate it, even if it's few.

It seems like you view art more as a means of gaining notoriety rather than creating something that can inspire, entertain, shock, impress or any other of the thousands of things art can do. I'd say focus on what you want to say and try and implement that into art without worrying about greatness.

Your current outlook seems to be that life ends at 22. Start with that and try and create something based on that. See what comes from it.
>>
File: 1453426006379.jpg (33KB, 492x479px) Image search: [Google]
1453426006379.jpg
33KB, 492x479px
I've been like this since adolescence.
>>
>>26031971
That's not what Painting is, to me. Painting is a Waltz with your thoughts. I dislike the idea of communicating thought to others, using this or that as a filter. It's not meaningful to me. I hate it because i think thought and context in relation to the self, is so absurdly complicated, you never communicate a semblance of a complicated thought structure, in whatever way you try. The whole Duchamp "It's what it appears to to others, in the end" thing i really dislike.
>>
>>26032052
I've been drinking but this makes no sense to me. If you only want to make art for yourself you have no reason to be depressed. That's easy.
>>
>>26032071
You don't understand. Now it's shit. You have to have been painting as a child. You have to have high IQ, Proper conditioning, etc etc. A million things. You can't Waltz if your legs are broken and you've never heard of Waltz. You can try to, but what you'll come up with is a parody.
>>
>>26032099

Who cares? Why do you have to be the best? My message before was it just needs to be able to offer someone something. Parody is what some people are looking for. Why not work to your strengths instead of pining for the unattainable?
>>
>>26032099
I just want to say that high IQ matters jackshit in the art world. Some of the finest painters in existence were fucking dull in their personal lives and had no particular insight. Caravaggio was a fucking drunk who did nothing in his spare time but get into barfights, he was still probably the most forceful and influential painter of his time.
>>
File: AHHHHH!!!.jpg (84KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
AHHHHH!!!.jpg
84KB, 700x700px
>>26032115

>Why do you have to be the best

BECAUSE
I
WANT
IT

>but blah blah blah logically blah blah

HUMAN DESIRES AREN'T LOGICAL YOU DIPSHIT.
>>
>>26032099
M8, listen to music and just paint
>>
>>26032165
Grow up
YOU WILL NEVER EVER BE THE BEST
AT
ANYTHING

Either get over it or kill yourself.
>>
File: triomphe-de-l-amour.jpg (61KB, 681x971px) Image search: [Google]
triomphe-de-l-amour.jpg
61KB, 681x971px
>>26032242
I'll take the latter, i think.
>>
File: smuggun.jpg (131KB, 724x611px) Image search: [Google]
smuggun.jpg
131KB, 724x611px
>>26032242

>Implying you can "get over" the inherent absurdity of life once its existence becomes apparent

keking so hard at you!
>>
>>26032254
THEN WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? FUCKING DO IT YOU FUCKING PUSSY KILL YOURSELF AND STOP USING MY OXYGEN
>>
>>26032267
THEN FUCKING KILL YOURSELF YOU FUCKING UNTERMENSCH FAGGOT
>>
>>26032269
I don't have access to a firearm in any reasonable way, where i am, currently. I will start chipping away at pulling the trigger as soon as i manage to get one.
>>
>>26032289
YOU DON'T NEED A GUN! GET SOME HELIUM, OR JUMP OFF A BRIDGE, OR JUMP IN FRONT OF A TRUCK, OR HANG YOURSELF, OR GET A BB GUN AND HAVE A COP SHOOT YOU
PRISONERS FIND A WAY TO KILL THEMSELVES WITH FUCKING BREADCRUMBS AND YOU CAN'T FIND A SINGLE WAY TO END YOUR PATHETIC USELESS EXISTENCE
>>
>>26032269
>>26032283

>lost the argument
>proceeds to scream

Heh, it was too easy
>>
>>26032324
Too cowardly for any of this. Finding a firearm sounds like a reasonable prospect, so living up until i manage to get one seems to be the best option.
>>
>>26032330
THERE IS NO ARGUMENT
YOU'RE JUST A WHINY ENTITLED FAGGOT
KILL YOURSELF
I
L
L

Y
O
U
R
S
E
L
F
>>
>>26032348
HOLY SHIT YOU'RE SUCH A PATHETIC PIECE OF SHIT YOU'RE GOING TO BE JUST AS COWARDLY NOW AS WHEN YOU GET A GUN SO WHY FUCKING WAIT, KILL YOURSELF GOUGE YOUR FUCKING EYES OUT YOU MISERABLE SACK OF SHIT
>>
>not being content with not wanting anything
>not spending all day every day for the rest of your life making money at an easy job, chilling with your manchild bros, and getting high

what the fuck is the point of have "passions" or "dreams"? you're going to work your ass off to produce some shitty creation that will be completely forgotten within a small span of time, when you could be working just enough to get by and chilling. just indulge in your vices until you die, it's the only real way to live.
>>
>>26032368
The name of the game is pain. Relatively instant death is what im looking for. Why settle for anything else than that when there's no urgency to my decision?
>>
>>26032390
NO PAIN NO GAIN MCFUCKING KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>26032386
Unless you've had a beautiful, crystalline thought before, you'll never get it. You're like a diluted human.
>>
>>26032413
Yo, turn off caps lock. You look like a fool.
>>
>>26032386
probably because thats boring as fuck
>>
>>26032638

I agree. Now I understand why that life is looked down upon.

I'd shoot myself if I did that. Holy shit talk about just being a wasted human being. Might as well suck dick for a living.
>>
>>26032720
I didn't make any kind of value judgement, please don't strawman me. Just that I would find that kind of life very boring.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.