[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /r9k/, recommend me a new TV show to watch that is funny

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Meeseeks.jpg (2MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Meeseeks.jpg
2MB, 1200x1200px
hey /r9k/, recommend me a new TV show to watch that is funny but also has a depressing, defeatist and/or nihilistic worldview. Preferably something where the main characters are all assholes

I've exhausted Peep Show, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and Rick & Morty. Seinfeld kinda tickles my pickle but I've watched it to death ages ago

All Reddit tier programming is welcome. Tumblr need not apply
>>
File: wilfred2.jpg (70KB, 900x350px) Image search: [Google]
wilfred2.jpg
70KB, 900x350px
>>26015760
FX's Wilfred starring Elijah Wood. Great series. I think it encompasses /r9k/ decently. Guy has mental issues and depression. Has mommy and daddy issues. Can't get with oneitis. You get the idea.
>>
Black Books, protagonist is kind of a robot
>>
bojack horseman is decent
>>
mr. robot kinda if you you can get past the cringeworthy US INTERNET GENERATION KIDS, HUH? YOU GOT PWNED! dialogue. it's not funny, though. not a comedy. other than that i guess like bojack horseman?
>>
>>26015820
backing up this anon

I used to watch Shameless, kinda cool but I don't know what hapenned since like 3 years ago
>>
Moral orel is god tier
>>
>>26015892
Moral Orel made me cringe. But if you like religious sarcasm? then you will like Moral Orel.
>>
I find that there are no comfy shows that air anymore, maybe its just me being an old fag 29. I really don't like anything airing right now. most of it is capeshit.
>>
>>26015944
Try the third season, it gets much more serious/dramatic.
>>
>>26015820
>>26015840
>>26015842
>>26015853
>>26015988
OP here

Will possibly try out Bojack Horseman, I tried watching it once but I didn't really 'get' it, I think I need to watch it from the beginning, or not be as drunk when i watch it, or something

To confirm, I'm not necessarily looking for a show with a robot/autist as the main character - I just enjoy shows that try a comedy approach to otherwise morally corrupt characters (again, Peep Show and Always Sunny spring to mind)
>>
>>26015760
Moonbeam City
>>
>>26016193
well then bojack is exactly what you're describing. and of course you need to watch it from the beginning, it's not a "episode of the week" show where everything gets reset at the end of every show. they have arcs and plots and shit, and their attention to continuity is actually pretty extreme. if something breaks/gets stolen in the show they even go as far as to update it if it appears in the intro.
>>
>>26015760
>TV show to watch that is funny but also has a depressing, defeatist and/or nihilistic worldview

Invader Zim
>>
Man Seeking Woman.

About a loser single male with a shit dead end job. It's absurdist/surrealist. It's good. Right up your shitty life alley, anon.
>>26015760
>>
File: 1401402468126.png (291KB, 547x513px) Image search: [Google]
1401402468126.png
291KB, 547x513px
>>26016536
>holds up spoon and fork combined into a single instrument for the purpose of bringing food objects into mouth hole
>>
>>26015760
House MD, I will recommend for everything.
Breaking Bad also. Even if you just watch S1. Certainly overhyped, but a very good show Got the depressing bit down.
>>26016231
Good show, but not what OP is looking for
>>
>>26015760
Utopia. Channel 4. It's perfect.
>>
>>26016231
I'm a sucker for New Retro, Neo-80s and all that other shit but Moonbeam City looks really tacky to me. The Archer-esque art style never did appeal to me. Into the maybe pile

>>26016614
Seen all of House and Breaking Bad. Top-tier taste though, anon

Bojack Horseman is looking like the most likely for me to binge-watch next
>>26016512
>>
>>26016193
You'll love Wilfred then. Wilfred serves as Ryan's dark side. In the show Wilfred has no morals and does lots of a very mishchevious things in a comedic manner. The show is dark yet light-hearted at the same time.
>>
>>26015760
Bojack Horseman fits all the named criteria
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.