[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /joining the military/ here? Any other robots joining the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

who /joining the military/ here?

Any other robots joining the military? Working in avionics for the air force. Ship for BMT in March.
>>
ROTC nazi here, good luck with basic training. It's not fun but keep your head down and you'll be alright.
>>
I want to join the air force, but I'm weak as fuck.
>>
>>26007819
Doesn't matter terribly for air force, they're the least strenuous. Commit 20-30 minutes a day to exercise for a few months and you'll be in decent enough shape.
>>
My plan is to join the military if all else fails. If I die in combat, then so be it. If I don't then okay I might live a decent life.
>>
once I get out of college and can't find a decent job I plan to join up.
Hopefully some war breaks out somewhere because I'd rather go into combat than fuck around on some godforsaken base for 6 years.
>>
>>26007751
i think this would be my last resort but i got no highschool degree
>>
Navyfag here. AF dudes had it better during training than we did. OP, if you end up going to Pensacola, try checking out the Navy's Alpha barracks. or Bravo, Charlie, Delta barracks for that matter. Might make you feel good about your choice of branch. It's pretty shitty compared to your barracks i'm guessing. You chose wisely. Most Navy aviation jobs report to Pensacola for advanced training after boot camp, and i wouldn't be surprised if you do too.
>>
>>26008950
Dirty delta.
>>
>>26008988
Oh god. You too? What years did you serve?
2013-present here. ABH loozer.
;_;
>>
>>26009053
Same years. AT here. Lost v card at delta.
>>
>>26009133
My condolences. I still remember what that one CMC said during our indoc... "Pensacola is the Syphilis capitol of the world. So don't even try it!"

>tfw I wish i would have fucked a hooker instead of flying my at-the-time-gf all the way from AZ to FL for just one weekend

I heard the classes held in the Mega Building were fun, though. Can you give me a hint of which command you're at now? Might know you.

I'm on the Carl Prison in SD.
>>
>>26009309
Norfuck. Nah it aint that bad actually. Just lots of potholes tho.
>>
>>26008914
>free housing
>free medical
>money for doing fuckall walking around a base with your thumb up your ass if there isn't any war

It sounds like the dream for robots who aren't 300 pounds.
>>
>>26009426
If you are depressed than you wont last long if they find out. Im good at keeping a straight face tho. :^)
>>
21 thinking to join. But im not sure
>>
Ugh. Fucking can't because of childhood asthma that I don't even have anymore. It pisses me off so much.
>>
>>26010172
Do it sooner than later. Dont want someone younger than you being your boss.
>>
About to be e5 in air force. It's alright. Just look at it as another job, do your part, and if you want recognition then you better work at earning it.
>>
>>26010192
You can get a release for this. Don't let your dreams be dreams.
>>
Anyone here know what it's like to be an officer?
>>
>>26007751
Really want to. Concerned about recorded history of depression, don't want to lie to superiors about anything. afraid this would come to haunt me in future if i make it far enough and be seen as untrustworthy
>>
>>26010278
What's the process entail? I've looked it up, but I was never able to find anything even remotely comprehensive.
>>
>>26010289

If you don't tell anyone and you're not going for a top secret clearance, there is literally zero way for them to find out.
>>
>>26010300
well the first method is STFU about it and don't tell anyone who doesn't directly ask.

second is to get A-okayed by a doctor. I'm can't remember what exactly that requires but when I looked into it information was easy enough to come by.
>>
>>26010333

This. So many people panic as soon as their recruiter or meps asks about shit. If you don't give them the information, they don't have a way of getting it.
>>
>>26010321
>>26010333
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, but I'll look more into the waiver process. I've just heard that it's incredibly difficult to get in with a waiver, due to the fact that they're raising standards, as we are not in a time of war (for the most part).
>>
>>26010392

>I'm not gonna lie

Have fun in the civilian world then.
>>
>>26010392
it's not lying. It's just not being a dumbass and shouting ASTHMA at the first person you see.

If they bring it up tell them, but don't volunteer information like an idiot. Tons of people had childhood asthma, it isn't career ending. It goes away, as you've probably noticed.
>>
>>26010501
I mean, of course I'm not just gonna bring it up, but from what I have gathered, they do ask you about it directly at MEPS.
>>
Ex-Armyfag here. I did 6 years and the only things I got out of it were being fluent in Arabic and 2 failed suicides.

Do not join the Army.
>>
File: image.jpg (289KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
289KB, 1280x853px
>>26007751
>Reenlist
>After dodging IED's for 7 years

I'm the current champion at Rumsfield Roulette. I'm quitting so I can get a good spot in a insane asylum.
>>26007802
>>26008950
>>26009133
>>26009393
>All these POGS

I lost my testicles in Sadr City. Best friend lost his head
>>
>>26010539
You're right. But consider the following.
>Any medical problems, asthma etc?
>No sir.
>We looked into your medical records and it says here you had childhood asthma.
>Yes I did. I did not think it was relevant as that condition has not affected me since I was 6.
They aren't gonna throw you in army prison for thinking childhood asthma was not a big deal.
You wouldn't mention seasonal allergies either because they're not a big deal.
>>
>>26010573
Did you spend any time at Landstuhl?
>>
>>26010611
Ah, I feel ya. Never looked at it that way.
>>
>>26007751
Gonna get a little fitter and then join.
Following Scooby's bootcamp guide.
I can't fit into society so maybe the military is the right place for me.
>>
>>26010650
The military is full to the brim with normies, dude.
>>
>>26008950
Fuck off, you don't know how hard I had it. The soft serve ice cream machine broke down in week 2 and we only had self serve fro-yo with five topping choices.
>>
>>26010629
Isn't that the German place with those fugly ass nurses?
I'm literally a living Catch-22 character.
>>
>>26007751
I'm planning to join the military if I fail to join the police academy. I graduated with a 2.9 in a fairly easy major (economics), am I fucked when it comes to applying to ocs/ots? I'm not completely sure which branch I favor though I'm strongly leaning towards the army/marines at the moment.
>>
>>26007751
11B why the fuck did i join during peacetime, i want to shoot people not play fuck fuck games
>>26008808
its peace time anon
>>
>>26010794
Yih.
>>
>>26010573
What battalion were you with. I was in Sadr City during the surge.
>>
>>26010573
Why are you lying lol
>>
File: a8f.jpg (71KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
a8f.jpg
71KB, 680x453px
>got rejected a year ago for admitting to some knee issues I had when I was 14
>got physical therapy for it
>they still rejected me
>working a blue collar job that will likely destroy my back if I stay in too long

Please help me. Is there any chance in hell I can get a medical waiver if I try the navy or something (tried the army first) I got an 89 on my ASVAB the first time, do you think that would change anything?
>>
>>26007751
You'll be in my field then. Sorry to say but your recruiter fucked you. Flight line people work much harder then desk jockies.
>>
>>26011040
Talk to a recruiter. But it's highly unlikely.
>>
>>26010739
You have no idea how accurate this is.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.