[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I tell spiders apart from daddy longlegs? (Assuming the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 20160125_015636.jpg (140KB, 540x656px) Image search: [Google]
20160125_015636.jpg
140KB, 540x656px
How do I tell spiders apart from daddy longlegs?
(Assuming the myth about them being docile and nonpoisonous is true)
Found pic related hanging above my soap dispenser (ocd fag here)
i don't have it in me to kill anything especially if there's a chance it's harmless
>>
>>26007564
easiest way is to check if they have 6 legs, if so they're not spiders, spiders have 8 legs

their bodies are sectioned differently too i think
>>
>>26007615
DDL have 6 legs?
i assumed everything in this general family or genus or w/e has 8
well the op pic has 8
am i fucked?

Also are DDL poisonous?
Is my friend here poisonous?
>>
>>26007845
disregard that i suck cocks

but the body sectioning still holds true
>>
ddl have 7 "legs" (one isn't a leg but I can't remember what it's for) and very round bodies.
>>
>>26007564
Daddy Long Legs, have circular bodies, they do not have a web sack.
Also they are not spiders.
They are not harmful.
>>
i got a better question

where the fuck does one need to look to find a spider nest. i've literally never seen one in my house yet i'm seeing baby spiders fucking everywhere, i'd love to just blast these fuckers with bug spray while they're all grouped up for me.
>>
DLLs have some of the highest stores of venom, their fangs are just not tough enough to break through skin.
>>
Fuck this annoys me. I hear it from people around here so often for some reason. There is way too much misunderstanding about "daddy long-legs". There ARE spiders called daddy long-legs. Your picture is a spider. A "daddy long-legs" spider. Spiders produce web and are venomous.

The stupid confusion comes from the harvestmen (not spiders) also called daddy long-legs.
>>
File: Phalangium_opilio.jpg (572KB, 1960x1404px) Image search: [Google]
Phalangium_opilio.jpg
572KB, 1960x1404px
>>26007564
Do you live somewhere where there are poisonous spiders?

Thankfully Finland does not have them.
>>
>>26008303
>2016
>still regurgitating this bullshit
I shigly wigly dilgy dogly!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 20160125_034036.jpg (539KB, 926x1502px) Image search: [Google]
20160125_034036.jpg
539KB, 926x1502px
>>26008310
So what i have IS a hazard to me?
trying to post a better pic but this board's got some file size limitations
>>
>>26007564
That's a cellar spider. It might be able to bite you, but only if you fuck with it. The only reason it's there is because there's insects around, so you should focus on getting rid of those first.
>>
>>26007564
>>26008990
There's only 2 types of things that look like that, a cellar spider and a DLL, both of which won't harm you.

A DLL will just do fucking nothing, and a cellar spider will make a nest and kill spiders that are actually harmful to you. A cellar doesn't have a lot of venom (actually no venom IIRC) or huge jaws, but they use their long legs to wrap their prey alive to immobilize, kill, and eat. Doesn't matter how much venom the opposing spider has, the cellar will win. Cellars are super bros and you should cherish them always.
>>
>>26009096
>It might be able to bite you
They're way too small to bite you.
>>
pretty sure a daddy long legs is an insect with 6 very long thin-as-hair legs and a set of wings that it flies about with
>>
>>26009102
>Cellars are super bros and you should cherish them always.

ya i'm sure you wouldn't mind if one of these fuckers crawled into your bed while you're sleeping.
>>
>>26009096
there's some insulation problems in my bathroom
something about the way the window was made
there will always be spiders, ants, flies for it to catch
as long as he's helping me and not hurting, he's welcome in my home
right now he has a web attached to the medicine cabinet and got bitchy when i opened it though lol

>>26009129
wings?!
wtf so OP
post pics
>>
Cellars are based.

https://youtu.be/vszY3rQOrQI?t=337
>>
>>26009207
You from Aus?
>>
>>26009274
FL
>>
>>26009300
Go to sleep nigga it's 4 AM
>>
>>26009300
Had an uncle put in a wheelchair for a legbite there once
>>
>>26009102
This anon speaks the truth, DLL spiders are bro tier and will hunt and kill other species. They're the only 8-legged critters I allow to live inside home even though I'm arachnophobic.
Wiki article always relevant, read it up:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pholcidae
>>
>not embracing the creepies
>not being at one with the spider
>>
>>26007564
I used to rip the legs off them when I was a child. Good times.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.