[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You will never be in your early 20's again

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: tfw.jpg (105KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
105KB, 633x758px
>>
cmon /r9k/, feeI with me
>>
>>26005840

I know that feel. I'll be 27 in June, and I feel like I smoked my early 20's away. Good times, but wasted.
>>
>>26005982

Pot, meth, or cigarettes?
>>
yes i will, im 20
>>
>>26005982
>tfw 18 and been smoking pot every day for 2 years and drink alcohol and robitussin sometimes

not sure if i should go to college
>>
>>26006093

Pot. Not desperate or stupid enough to touch Meth.
>>
I'm 30 and I know this feel. My early 20's wasn't great, but in my mid 20's I was in top physical shape but literally did nothing regarding a social life. Work, home, computer. Not much different nowadays.
>>
>>26006165

I had a good time in my early 20s, don't get me wrong. I just wish I had done more with my time. I'm starting college now. I worked a blue-collar, manual labor job since I was 19. It paid well, wasn't really that hard, I enjoyed my co-workers, etc. Got laid off last year. I was up for a promotion too, but management changes ended up getting me fired. I have a career in mind and some college under my belt though.

TL;DR - Go to college now, robot
>>
>>26006198
What should I be doing before it slips away? I still feel like I'm 18.
>>
I'm only 25

what should I do with my life?
>>
>>26006245
Christ, I don't know, anon. If I were younger again I'd just work at a job and make lots of money and not get distracted by a social life/girlfriend. My fondest memories are me being a NEET with lots of money, but that isn't sustainable.

T-try getting a job as a bus driver.
>>
>>26006276
>25

You are too late.
>>
>tfw 19
>feel like a washed up 40 year

any sense of youth or optimism i ever had is long gone ...
>>
I'm 18.
Wut do
>>
>>26006308
Nah, it's normal to feel this way. I remember being 19. At the time, I would say I was depressed with no hope of ever becoming anything. It's a time when you still have the vulnerability and nativity of a teenager, but you're also faced with the harsh reality of adulthood.

You need money. You need that feeling of being able to buy almost anything with no consequences. I'll assume you're in college so you'll get there some day with your 150k/yr STEM degree, but for now you just need to suffer a bit.
>>
20 this december. I feel like I have nothing going for me. I'm studying engineering at a good university. I'm /fit/, have some close friends. No girls. It's fine but I feel as if there are no exceptional qualities about me and that I'm wasting my life somehow
>>
>>26006388
I'm an English major man ... considering dropping out ...

some vague romantic ideas of shipping out or getting work up north but too much paralysis to act. i'm sure it'll be another summer of dead end work and another two years of undergrad to get my useless degree. and then? I honestly don't know
>>
28 now. I'm not going to make it to 30. There is a bullet out there with my name on it.
>>
>>26006432
I wish I could advise on college. I'm a failure, so I hate to give any advice. I got lucky and got a great government job driving a bus.

You ARE only young once. You will never have the type of opportunity you do now, mentally, physically, financially. If you still live with your parents and don't have debt, just get yourself out there. Go hike the nearest, tallest mountain, get to the top, and just have a good long think in the wind and view.
>>
>>26006553
funny i just came in from a long walk in the night up a local dwarf mountain. smoked a cig overlooking the city and thought. my conclusion was i'm not capable of anything more than wageslaving
>>
File: ......jpg (107KB, 800x595px) Image search: [Google]
......jpg
107KB, 800x595px
>>26005541
>>26005840
I'm 23 and I'm not looking forward to that feel.

>tfw 23 is the last early twenties year
>already halfway through it
>not ready to age even one more year
>>
>>26006654
That's my destiny; wageslave. I'm not intelligent enough to be anything else. It's not so bad if you're single and childless.
>>
>everyone talks about how great their early 20s were
>my early 20s had me in an almost constant state of despair, going between not leaving the house or speaking to anyone but my mother for months to working in factories and contemplating suicide for 8 hours a night

The '10s have been such a shitty decade
>>
>>26006682
Honestly anon, it should only get better from there. If it doesn't, it's your fault. When I was 23 I was working my first real job, making lots of money, without a care in the world. I'd work, come home, fap (sometimes with a real girl on a mic), sleep, rinse and repeat.
>>
>>26006791
>If it doesn't, it's your fault.
I believe that as well and honestly it does get a little better. I'm losing weight, got my bachelor's, still studying at Uni so I can get a decent job. My 30's will probably be better all around; I'm confident about that.

I guess it's just the melancholy that comes when you think about what you missed out on in those late teenage/early adult years. All the gloomy robot feels, basically.
>>
>>26006928
>I guess it's just the melancholy that comes when you think about what you missed out on in those late teenage/early adult years.

All it is is hindsight. Yeah you missed out on teenage sex, proms, and all that 80's teenage movie crap. But there's nothing in this world you can do that will change that. I don't think about it anymore, but I know I used to. Same thing will happen to you. I firmly believe that all people (like us) experience the same emotional statuses at the same age groups.

I view all sorts of posts and think "yep, I used to think like that, what an idiot I was."
>>
>>26007039
>I don't think about it anymore, but I know I used to. Same thing will happen to you.

Well that's one thing I'm looking forward to, for sure. The farther the better, I hope.
>>
>>26006682

It all goes to shit around 23-24. Theres no return.
>>
>>26006445
same here anon
28 working soul(and body)crushing work for next to nothing.
no future for me, i plan to end it before i'm 30
>>
>>26005541
Turn 21 in 4 months and all I can think about is smoking weed, drinking and how my oneitis doesn't even want to be friends with me anymore. Working a dead end job and want to kill myself.

Life's great I guess.
>>
File: blck.jpg (34KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
blck.jpg
34KB, 550x535px
>tfw 22

I'm miserable, so damn miserable.
Miserable at 12
Miserable at 18

It doesn't get better. It never gets better
>>
File: 1394514653629.gif (2MB, 265x285px) Image search: [Google]
1394514653629.gif
2MB, 265x285px
>>26005541

>25
Someone help. I never turned into an adult, I'm still the same mess and now time is starting to move too fast
>>
>>26005541
FUCK OP NOW YOU MADE ME FEEL BAD
>tfw i hate getting old
>>
>>26005541
What's so good about them old anon?

I'm 23 - If you were in my shoes what would you be getting up to?
>>
24 and living with my parents. Fuck my life
>>
>>26005541
Thank god. My life either stagnates or improves with time. I don't want to redo any of my past. The happy parts where full of strife alongside and then betrayals turned the glee into bitter memories.
>>
I'm 23 and I live under the constant fear that I'm fucking my life up. I'm in college and I'm about to graduate and go to law school. I just want to work in court. I love law and I love court. I would be living the dream even if I just got a job as a state prosecutor. But I'm constantly terrified that I won't ever have a good career, I'll hate my job, I won't ever have a wife or a family, and I'll grow old wondering where it all went wrong before I die alone and poor.
>>
>23
>About to experience this feel
>Not sure if I should spend the next few years doing things I enjoy or work a job I hate to make lots of money

I don't even know what i'd do with money, I never spend it anyways. Any advice older robots? I'm going to get older anyways, so might as well get old with money, r..right?
>>
File: 1432241871673.png (220KB, 1199x444px) Image search: [Google]
1432241871673.png
220KB, 1199x444px
Pic very much related.

My comment was not original.
>>
>>26005541
I don't even know where my 21-25 went. And I have nothing to show for them. 26 now and I just want to die
>>
If I relived my 20s I would do the exact same thing.
Study, play videogames, and have the odd cheeky wank.
I pretty much still do this. It's just the way I am. I have a degree but lack the aggressive aspiration to go into career mode.
I just meander around in my shitty boring wageslav job grinding for gil to fuel my habits. And oddly enough, I'm not too upset.
Working part time means I can spend time with my family and go out for meals and shit.
It's pretty comfy having clingy parents.
>>
>>26008258
What was your turning point anon? Just curious because I also have a decade-spanning depression.
>>
File: 1427255939178.jpg (32KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1427255939178.jpg
32KB, 400x300px
That's the darkest timeline I see for myself since I'm 28 now. That's the type of adulthood you can't hide from.
>>
File: 6ee.png (20KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
6ee.png
20KB, 400x462px
>>26008867

Probably 13ish. I was bummed around 12 but 13 really hit me hard. I realized there were 2 paths in front of me

1. Go to school, get degree, get job. School was difficult on me because of social anxiety. The idea that I would be forced to socialize for the next 10 years really shook me. I would be miserable at school, miserable at college, and then miserable at my job.

2. Drop out, be a NEET, give up. Enjoy some peace from others before becoming homeless.

Opted for option 2. I really should have killed myself years ago. Some of us just can't be happy.
>>
I remember seeing somewhere that the vast majority of men peak in their thirties, and females peak in their late teens and early twenties m, it'll get better robots (unless you're Chad and peaked in highschool)
>>
Haha, faggot, I'm just a few weeks short of being twenty.
>>
File: 1372959002506.jpg (8KB, 241x228px) Image search: [Google]
1372959002506.jpg
8KB, 241x228px
>>26005541
>tfw 24

s-still counts as "early twenties", right?
>>
File: 1437984129240.jpg (95KB, 493x929px) Image search: [Google]
1437984129240.jpg
95KB, 493x929px
>>26009137
It doesn't get any easier for men as they age, it just gets harder for women. Men always play on hard mode and women start at ultra easy mode and slowly their difficulty goes up to normal mode as they age.
>>
>>26005541
Fuck you babies. I'm 35 and live with parents. You need money, earn make money to set yourself free it's the only way. Unless you're able to find a rich sugar momma. but be warned she's going to be fat and ugly and a fucking bitch
>>
File: 1453024500372.jpg (110KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1453024500372.jpg
110KB, 960x960px
>>26006276
This is me.
Help. Should I just go ahead and become a criminal?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.