[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the meaning of life? Please no retards. If you're

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: 1169802_large (2).jpg (169KB, 940x1329px) Image search: [Google]
1169802_large (2).jpg
169KB, 940x1329px
What's the meaning of life?

Please no retards. If you're gonna turn this into a normie/robot thing, go please. I'm sick of every fucking thread on here being that shit.
>>
File: Parrot.gif (1002KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
Parrot.gif
1002KB, 250x251px
I don't know.. and i don't give a fuck.. anyway we're born to die so why give a fuck
>>
>>25998262
It's what you make of it senpai
I had ideally decided that the meaning of my life is to help others and make the world a better place than how I found it
In reality I spend most of my time sleeping and playing videogames and lurking this board, but when I do things that affect other people it usually affects them for the better
>>
>>25998608
Alright tyronne.
>>
It's whatever you make of it. Personally my biggest drive in life is to preserve Earth as we know it.

But inherently life has no meaning. We're just here because we're descendants of groups of molecules with a drive to reproduce.
>>
to reproduce. Literally sex is everything
>>
>>25998641
I don't get it.. care to explain?
>>
>>25998262
to reproduce
>>
To stave off cosmic boredom
>>
>>25998262
the meaning of life is "please no retards."
as in, eradicate all developmentally disabled persons and then jesus will come back and tell us what's next.
>>
breeding, as much as possible, is the most pragmatic version of the meaning of life, the evolutionary one.
ensuring that your genes continue on in to eternity is literally the only thing we are supposed to do and the very reason we are here. not breeding is the only failure.
>>
Life, existence, and everything else has no inherent meaning.

Meaning is just something we apply to things to give them a sense of purpose.

So go make more babies, or travel, or do drugs, invent, create, or even wage war on the rest of the world. Or do nothing and shitpost all day on 4chan, the choice and the world by extension is yours.
>>
>>25998691
pls no, this board is the only good thing we still have
>>
There isn't one, really. Just enjoy it and make it enjoyable for others, because it's the only life you'll get. There's no point thinking about it beyond that, because you're only going to plunge yourself into nihilism and existentialism, and neither of those are healthy.
>>
There is no meaning
also you should be doing your homework, today's Sunday
>>
>>25998625
That's the best way to live life. If you are making life harder for others, what's the point of existing in the first place?
>>
>>25998262
Life: growth, expansion, transformation.
Change; evolution.
Evolution; Complexity
Complexity; Novelty
>>
>>25998262
play gay videogames all day TILN YO ASS DAYUD
>>
>>25998262
it's to fuck gay guys it's to put your penis in gay guys it's to kiss gay guys and fuck gay guys it's fuck gay guys. it's be gay and do gay fucks with gay guys and fuck gay guys and it's fuck gay guys. fuck gay guys and be fucking gay guys and then fuck gay guys and fuck gay guys and be a gay guy who fucks gay guys, faggot.
>>
You make your own meaning

read some Sartre you fucking pleb
>>
File: 1386738772154.jpg (58KB, 400x680px) Image search: [Google]
1386738772154.jpg
58KB, 400x680px
>>25998711
"be fruitful and mutiply" -Genesis 1:28

It's commonalities like this what's got me convinced that regardless of culture or political leanings people all want the same things. You just happen to put it in a scientific framework and that's fine too.

Far as OPs question, self-improvement as a means to community-improvement. Or vice-versa, but they're definitely closely tied.
>>
>>25998835
Seriously, it is to figure out if you're gay, and if you discover that you aren't gay, then don't kill yourself.
>>
>>25998835
I feel like they're a homonym-heavy joke to be made in there involving the words 'gay', 'faggot', 'fuck', and 'guys/guise' in the same vein as
>YO DAWG I HEARD YO AND YO DAWG LIKE YO-YOS SO I PUT YO DAWG IN A YO-YO SO YO CAN YO-YO YO DAWL WHILE YO DAWG YO-YOS, DAWG
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 640x1136px
Ok this is gonna seem depressing at first but once you accept it I think you'll feel better about yourself. You, in the grand scheme of the universe, are worthless and pointless. Life, your life, is simply away for your sperm/eggs to make more sperm/eggs. No one cares about your thoughts and feelings or even if you exist, and neither does the universe. Your existence means crap to the remainder of the large, expansive and complex universe you live in. You could disappear now and nothing would change. Every human who has ever existed, you, me, all of us, are merely fleeting arrangements of particles that have temporarily formed a conscious being who is capable of experiencing the universe. You're worthless. We're all equally worthless. And to me , that's a comforting thought, because it means no one is destined to do better in life than someone else. We all have the same potential to succeed and be happy.
>>
File: 1453676405474.jpg (70KB, 537x384px) Image search: [Google]
1453676405474.jpg
70KB, 537x384px
>>25998262
To leave the world in better shape than when you entered it.
Although I cannot, or don't choose to live by this maxim it's because I'm lazy as fuck and just want out actually.
>>
File: rothko3.jpg (528KB, 951x1206px) Image search: [Google]
rothko3.jpg
528KB, 951x1206px
I have schizophrenia so take that in consideration before reading this.

Your consciousness gets broken up into these seperate unconscious organisms in your brain as you go through childhood. This split comes from a need to hide various information from yourself. You experience traumatic events and you push them away or don't react to them fully, so an unconscious organism pops up to experience it himself. These unconscious organisms can be spiteful, joyful, loving, unhappy, or even dangerous depending on what they are hiding. Most of the time, they don't cause any trouble and they just go away on their own. But everyone has a few that are really troubling and interfering with their life.

The illnesses tug and pull at our brains, forcing us to have illogical moods, thoughts, or behavior. These tiny organisms are most prominent in my illness, schizophrenia. They come out as little whispers in my head, scary ghosts standing in front of me, and unstoppable meaningless thoughts that chatter on and on. They pop up in other illnesses as well, and they're a prominent cause of both post-traumatic stress disorder and borderline personality disorder (both of which are caused by unresolved, painful experiences). In these illnesses, the traumatic organism is in great pain and feels very lonely. It tugs and pulls at the mind to force it to face the experience. It makes sufferers have flashbacks, unprompted aggression, an intense fear of abandonment, mood swings, and vivid nightmares.

cont...
>>
the purpose of life, as in living organisms, is to produce more of itself

everything from pigeons to the ebola virus does this

only virgins on 4chan dont
>>
File: hero-cycle.jpg (104KB, 600x491px) Image search: [Google]
hero-cycle.jpg
104KB, 600x491px
>>26000365
That explains a lot about most of the suffering in our lives. But what of our meaning here? There's another part of the mind called the "collective unconsciousness". Hidden within this common, shared human database is all the archetypes and structures that have helped us live our lives until now. It's helped our ancestors hunt, forage for food, socialize, and mate. How? It contextualizes you, your actions, and people you meet. It creates roles for your friends and strangers; maybe you see one as a wise helper, another as a scheming devil, and another as a beautiful princess you'd love to save. It gives meaning to events that happen to you. If you get a promotion, you're filled with joy because you've worked hard and have reaped the benefits.

If you don't get the promotion though, you feel cheated because you feel like you "deserve" it. There's this literary concept called the "hero cycle"; most stories follow it. I've included a copy of it in this post. Your brain feels cheated when a step of this cycle is kept from it. When you've been dragged so far from the cycle, here is where questions of the meaning of our existence start to come out. Those little unconscious organisms I talked about start going free and wriggling about, filling you with uncertainty and depression.

cont...
>>
File: 1434882878279.jpg (216KB, 1170x905px) Image search: [Google]
1434882878279.jpg
216KB, 1170x905px
>>25998262
there is none, but if you want one the meaning of life is to make more life.

>also check out this gay shit I wrote 3 mounts ago and just found
got a gun to my head
now im bleeding on the floor
my bodys not moving
shot my self to express my art
they told me to follow my hart
but back to the seance
im in a puddle of blood
this sounds like fun
wish i could never be
wake up from my dream
no, more like a fantasy
what to do now
do a couple lines?
smoke couple trees?
lay back and wish i couldn't breath?
>>
File: rothko4.jpg (77KB, 800x1019px) Image search: [Google]
rothko4.jpg
77KB, 800x1019px
>>26000422
What you need to realize is that your brain comes pre-packaged with an engine for meaning. The problem is that your engine hasn't been running lately, because you've been ignoring it. You don't do tasks because you feel excitement from them, you do them because you have to. We're forced into jobs we don't like, almost everyone is in jobs that don't fulfill us. We tune ourselves out from our work because of it, which creates more of those unconscious organisms, which is how we get mentally ill. People everywhere are suffering from depression, little head demons that fill them with cynicism and nihilism, and they have no idea why. It's because our society doesn't let us be __ENGAGED__. I wish I could put that in all bold. We let other parts of our minds do everything for us. We've got to stop this. It's inhumane how we're being treated. This society runs so much against our nature. So there you have it, it's taken a long time to show you. Engagement is our life's purpose! We are sensory, self-aware consciousnesses, and we're here to engage with the world. Our whole minds are structured for engagement, and it's the only thing that can bring us lasting happiness.

We need to return to the collective unconsciousness. You need to write down all your dreams and try to interpret them, because they are laden with clues and they'll help you find meaning. You need to face the experiences you've been hiding for so long, with a therapist if you have to. And you need to get back on the hero cycle. You need to start a journey right now. As you get your engine's dusty gears running again, you'll start to find that things seem different. Things will seem like they fit in place, like they have purpose. Stop zoning out, that only splits your mind more and causes you more distress. Be active, be engaged, and do as thou wilt.

cont...
>>
I'd say on a biological level the meaning of life is to reproduce and keep the species going. Unfortunately, I'm doing a terrible job at that so I tell myself that the meaning of life is chilling. I'm really good at doing nothing
>>
File: NEETzsche.jpg (632KB, 1464x1986px) Image search: [Google]
NEETzsche.jpg
632KB, 1464x1986px
The meaning of life is to create your own meaning. Become an Ubermensch, step above the Herd.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.