[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did the "You Sir" thing start on Reddit?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 391545-reddit-logo.jpg (47KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
391545-reddit-logo.jpg
47KB, 275x275px
How did the "You Sir" thing start on Reddit?
>>
back to that site you go
>>
>>25991405
by the people who go there
>>
redditors are supreme gentlemen
>>
>>25991418
I'm not a redditor. I just don't understand why people talk like autistics
>>
Why don't go back to reddit and find out, you memeing fuck.
>>
You sir have just earned a cheeky upboat
>>
Started a few years ago when fedoras were cool, memes were the shit and girls were friendzoning bitches who don't see the gentleman behind them.

4chan likes to pretend this wasn't the norm for this place but it was the general opinion here as well.
>>
>>25991405
you do know the original r9k was full of "sir" and typing like a >gentleman was the hottest new meme of the time right
>>
>>25991405
Because they want to be fancy gentlemen or some shit. That's why british faggots like TotalBiscuit are worshipped over there.
>>
>>25991448
Cause they have autism.
>>
>2005-2010: 4chan unironically made memes
>2011-2012: reddit officially takes over the year old "memes" that they think are fresh, and 4chan hates them and the word memes
>2013-2014: 4chan makes fun of reddit and the rest of the internet by ironically using the term "meme"
>2015: reddit catches on at the stupidity of people who spout memes and also start to ironically use the term "meme", commonly with the preceding term "dank"
>2016: ???

What's gonna happen? We've basically reached endgame with redditors
>>
people used to call eachother gentleman and scholar /b/ up untill 2010 or so.
>>
>>25991702
we go back to oldschool memeing. full circle
>>
>>25991702
I just ignore any site that wants to make me create an account and censors as heavily as reddit does.
>>
File: 181px-BEAR280.jpg (4KB, 181x136px) Image search: [Google]
181px-BEAR280.jpg
4KB, 181x136px
>>25991702
We use memes not to be funny or ironic but to be serious. As if the world was held together by some kind of meme glue.
>>
>>25991702

reddit is like your awkward younger brother who thinks repeating everything you say will make him as cool as you
>>
>tfw you realize redditors look down on 4chan with the same sense of superiority you used to feel over kids from gamefaqs
ya got left behind kid
>>
You Sir, are and idiot :)
>>
>>25991915
>guys says shit to me
>i don't care!
>guys say shit to girl
>It's BeatDown! Time!
>>
File: RuskiSeal.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
RuskiSeal.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>25991772
Thanks for your stability bear giving me the strength to go on with my day

I'm reinvigorated now
>>
File: 1387499569429.png (70KB, 1280x989px) Image search: [Google]
1387499569429.png
70KB, 1280x989px
>>25991405
i hated it from beginning,
but if we ciuld sarcastically make it a thing again it would be hilarious
>>
>>25991879
and yet back then you faggots would kill to get into LUE, and now days you would surrender your asshole to Tyrone to get into ll
>>
>>25992272
really doubt it
>>
>>25991879
a lot of people go to reddit and 4chan,
and if you google you can land there by accident.
>>
I thought you sir originated from electric six
>>
>>25992272
what is LUE?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.