[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop comparing myself to people in my fb feed. Logically

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: feels.jpg (108KB, 1280x842px) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
108KB, 1280x842px
How do I stop comparing myself to people in my fb feed.

Logically I don't even consider myself a failure, but everyone seems to have a more fulfilling life.
>>
>>25986868
You unfollow everyon like I did
but only a retard uses fb for anything other than uni work so just kill yourself
>>
Delete your facebook or start doing fulfilling things. I do the same thing too OP, but you have to realize a lot of people on there are posting shit to receive validation. It makes their experiences seem pretty shallow when you realize that.
>>
There are studies showing that people who regularly use Facebook have a higher likelihood for depression from exactly the reason you are describing. You should stop using Facebook, or at least stop reading your feed and only use for when you need to contact people.
>>
just delete it
>>
>Be me
>See Chad
>My Brain: Anon you'll never be Chad
>Get depressed
>Couldn't leave house because Chad everywhere and brain goes on auto pilot when I see them
>Got sick of feeling like shit all the time
>See Chad
>Brain: You'll never be Chad
>Me: Stop it Anon, you can't think like this
>See Chad
>Brain: You will never be Chad look how happy he is
>Me: ENOUGH! This is not healthy, stop it
>Rinse and repeat
>See Chad, brain auto thinks one thing, I immediately correct it
>1 year later
>See Chad, "heh just ignore it Anon"
>2 years later, see Chad
>Doesn't feel bad man, can function again
>Feels good man
I'm just glad I can finally enjoy life again without my brain taking over and hurting me
>>
>>25986896

LIke I said I don't consider myself a failure, Im doing a PhD in stem, i'm fit, I travel a lot. I'm just lonely

>>25986906
But I can't stop checking the fb of my ex and see how she's happy with someone else. CAN'T STOP
>>
>>25986868
kek delete your fucking facebook

>concentrates willpower and doesn't call you a retard.

Fb is cancer. It's not hard to tell.
>>
>>25986868
You have your account deleted and never return to Facebook.
>>
>>25986868
do what i do, unfollow and remove everyone except the 3 people you talk to (family)
>>
Facebook is one of the worst websites on the Internet delete your account.
>>
>>25986868
>but everyone seems to have a more fulfilling life.

You must be a fucking teen for thinking that since kids tend to post only about the "good" stuff that happens in their lives to make themselves look cool for their friends and girls. Everyone has problems in their homes, jobs, school, etc, anon. Delete your account and get over it.
>>
>>25986929
Damn

Capped
>>
You haven't posted a fucking thing in years anyways
Delete your account you fucking normie wannabe zuckercuck shill
>>
>>25986868
There are subsistence farmers who have been thrown off their land and forced to migrate to the slums of Mumbai for meager food and shelter right now and you are busy comparing your life to that of Chad, heir to the Chadsworth estate, easily the top 0.1% of the most fortunate people in the world, a cunt who probably thinks he earned all of it and is a better person to everyone else.

The world is full of insanity like this, if you don't spend all day mourning the fact you will die some day then it shouldn't be difficult to come to peace with the fact there will always be someone better off than you.

Even if you were the luckiest person in thee world, it won't last. You are perpetually somewhere on the ladder, there are people above you, people below you, in fact there is no ladder, this is just some abstraction you have invented revolving around notions of how much people have and who deserves what.

You could go in circles with this all day. Maybe it is time to focus on something else, maybe something more practical.
>>
>>25986868
unfollow all of them, keep them added as friends but unfollow them
>>
>>25986868
Go back to facebook you fucking disgusting normie
>>
This is one of the reasons I stopped browsing facebook. I really never did browse it much, but I've entirely stopped reading the feed of certain people who can't stop talking about how amazing their life is. It's just one moment caught on camera captioned with a paragraph of nice words. It doesn't mean their life is always that amazing.
>>
>>25986931
Grow up you fucking faggot. It doesn't sound like you're even making an attempt to be happy. Stop giving a shit about how others live their lives and focus in you. You're getting a PhD, how is that not fulfilling?
>>
>>25986931
>Im doing a PhD in stem, i'm fit, I travel a lot. I'm just lonely

Look, you're doing it right now. Fuck off reddit
>>
>>25987200
>browsing Facebook
>hey there's that one hot, white girl i always see in People You May Know
>hey her profile is public
>her wall is literally just her posting a new default pic every week for the past 3 years.
>each pic has little variation, different color shirt maybe
>70 likes, 10 comments

it's a validation platform for women. always has been.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.