[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you live with knowing you will always be mediocre at anything

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (241KB, 793x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241KB, 793x800px
How do you live with knowing you will always be mediocre at anything you attempt?
>>
In shame and despair.

How hard would it be to draw a web comic? Has anyone tried that?
>>
I'd like to think that if I had motivation I wouldn't be mediocre.
>>
Even if you're mediocre, try to make the best out of what you can do. What have you got to lose? Hell, if you have the perseverance, try to see if you can go beyond your perceived limitations.
>>
>>25984341
Too hard you can't draw.
>bu
You. Can't. Draw.

Just gonna rip that bandaid off.
>>
>>25984341
You can pull it off even with shitty drawings, if the writing is good or at least interesting
>>
Doing nothing is something worth doing.
>>
>>25984351
story of my life tbqh famalam
>>
>>25984385
One Punch Man was basically stick figures and look at it now. Write something good and you can get that weaboo cash.
>>
Wherever you go... there you are.
>>
>have an idea for a video project
>have the entire thing in my head
>don't have the means of creating it
>can barely work a program like adobe ae and get intimidated
>>
File: 0002694276_20.jpg (103KB, 916x1014px) Image search: [Google]
0002694276_20.jpg
103KB, 916x1014px
You do it with style.

check out my band Penis Grenade

https://penisgrenade.bandcamp.com/
>>
Drugs

Regards,
XxX-roboCuckeR69-XxX
>>
>>25984422
You may be on to something. There are successful series out there that started out as nothing but a hobby or parody of something else done for fun i.e One Punch Man, Dragon Ball, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
>>
>>25984443
We will find you, we will troll you.
>>
>>25984443
Stick that Penis Grenade right in my mouth.

Regards,
XxX-roboCuckeR69-XxX
>>
>>25984441
then.. learn how to use a video editor?

you are in front of a computer all day anyway
>>
>>25984461
go ahead, troll a troll band
>>
>>25984318
By not attempting anything
>>
I haven't won anything in so long. I've got to win some stuff.
>>
>>25984506
FOUND YA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMO-AAqbpAs
>>
>>25984535
oh shit son wherd u get this
>>
File: caped baldy.jpg (98KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
caped baldy.jpg
98KB, 600x849px
>>25984385
>>25984422
thanks for the encouragement. I may as well give it a shot.
>>
>>25984318
i do them for enjoyment, not to be good
sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something
>>
>if I had focus, I could make something interesting
>instead I'm looking for validation by posting my face on a greasy otaku image board and having faceless gay men tell me I'm handsome

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1hkgVwJFqcO
>>
I produce some music but I'm overly self critical and can barely enjoy it anymore

https://clyp.it/vm4045yc
>>
>>25984817
That's adult swim bump worthy man. I'd keep at it.
>>
>>25984937
I'm trying. it's virtually the only productive thing I'm doing with my life but it's hard to focus with depression
>>
practice makes perfect

actually devote my time to one thing and try to get better and better at it.

You're only going to be mediocre until you practice the shit out of whatever you are doing.

Ever hear about how a person that becomes good at something does so by practicing for something like 10000 hours or so?

8 hours a week x 52 weeks a year = 416 hours spent working on something

Track your progress, see how long you can devote each week to something you want to master. Mastery comes with devotion and unrelenting focus.
>>
>>25984795
>enjoyment
i know it sounds edgy but i'm unable to enjoy anything, especially if i am mediocre at it
>>
>>25984978
This. Fuck everyone else's nihilistic bullshit, if you want to be outstanding at something then put in the work necessary to become so. First know what you need to do, then do it. Simple as that.
>>
>>25984385
>>25984366
Just make the drawings intentionally awful, all the normies and redditors dig that kinda thing nowadays
>>
>>25985162
it's easy to tell the difference between intentionally awful and just regular awful
>>
>>25984318
Fuck that, I'm mediocre as hell and I'll probs die a peasant; mediocre hedge fund managers dies billionaires. whether you're good or not has very little withe the outcome
>>
>>25985062
>know what you need to do
That's the hard part. There is never a foolproof method. You can spend ages trying everything, trying to figure out how to accomplish your goals, without ever figuring it out.
>>
>>25984441
dude video editing is actually super easy

being a good video editor is something else tho
>>
>>25985062
>First know what you need to do, then do it. Simple as that.
if it were so simple, i wouldn't be here
>>
File: sad-00032.jpg (58KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
sad-00032.jpg
58KB, 560x560px
Easy, I stop attempting things.
>>
>>25984341
To add on to what the other guy said about One Punch Man.
ONE is actually getting his second webcomic of the same shitty art style, just slightly improved turned into an anime too.
>>
>>25985209
>>25985699
Do you think it's robots' despondency that prevents them from enjoying things and thus never seeking to achieve great skill within them? It's always hard when starting something new like a sport, instrument, etc, but if you at some point can see a tangible increase in your skill then that becomes hugely inspirational and confidence-boosting.
>>
>>25984978
>practice makes perfect
i dont like this meme

the people we are competing against are basically super humans. they are the roses grown and tended to carefully while we are the weeds that refuse to die.

you may reach the upper end of mediocrity but that is where you will stay.
>>
>>25985886
>you may reach the upper end of mediocrity but that is where you will stay.

That depends entirely on what you're learning.
>>
>>25985886
Firstly, no one's saying you have to be the next world champion at something, just reaching a level of competency above most people, or a level you're proud to be at, is an admirable goal. Secondly, even if you never reach your desired level, just making the effort alone and constantly trying to achieve mastery is also admirable.
>>
File: 1440794751104.jpg (50KB, 480x674px) Image search: [Google]
1440794751104.jpg
50KB, 480x674px
By realizing that being less mediocre than I was before is better than being as mediocre as I have always been

At least it's something
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.