[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post real failed suicide attempts that you or someone you know

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

Post real failed suicide attempts that you or someone you know tried.

I haven't attempted any yet.
>>
>>25983972
Went to the top of a tall hotel, and took the stairway down... There was this corner where it was outside, all I did was stare down at the bottom
I felt empty, but angry because I couldn't go through with it my knees wouldn't stop shaking. And although, I had no reason to live, I had no real reason to kill myself
I'm not sure that's considered a suicide attempt, but that's the closest I've ever felt to death
>>
Cut myself
Hang myself (shit's hard to actually do right)
Overdose (also trickier than it looks, you can throw them back up)
>>
I tried suicide by cop

The one with the taser got to me first, that shit hurt
>>
>>25984289
maybe you are black you got more chance
>>
I tried to hang myself fell and broke part of my bathroom
>>
I tried to hang myself once in my back yard

so I get to the hanging part and be all like hanging around
my neighbor sees me and comes running out of her house with these big ass gardening scissor things and cuts the rope I lay on the ground for a minute not sure what to do then I start to get up and she fucking sits on me telling me not to get up and yells for her husband to call 911
police and paramedics come they wont let me get up either and strap me to one of the board with a neck brace
they take me to the hospital
I then have to lay strapped to a board with a neck brace for like 5 hours while they do xrays and shit they also injected me with something that made me really tired the whole time and sometimes the walls would move
then I got put in the psych ward for 3 weeks and the first week they had me on 1 on 1 watch having a psych tech follow me around 24/7 and having to sleep in the quiet room which they left the restraints on the bed but never used them
the psych ward was ok tho the food was good and one of the techs that watched me was really nice she even got the paint out and we painted stuff
>>
>>25984304
I'm white, if I was black I would've sued for gorillions cuz I dindu nuffin
>>
File: 1443725859490.jpg (214KB, 345x336px) Image search: [Google]
1443725859490.jpg
214KB, 345x336px
Both myself and my best friend have tried to commit suicide, but both before we met each other.

I can't remember how old he said he was when he attempted, but I wanna say like 15. He hasn't gone into specifics as to why he did but knowing him it isn't really difficult to figure out. He just hates his life and refuses to allow himself any happiness. He's had shit go on that isn't his fault like his mom left him when he was 5 with a sick dad and her new boyfriend ended up trying to molest him, so I'm sure that alone is enough to make someone want to end it. He took a bunch of pills but it didn't work and now he has a gaping hole in his stomach and can't eat spicy foods, the poor guy.

I've attempted twice, the first time when I decided to kill myself on my 10th birthday because my parents had a huge fight that lead to their divorce and I couldn't handle living in a home like that. I was a sheltered kid and that was the most trauma I had been through at the time but I felt like it was somehow my fault that they were angry at each other, so I ended up starving myself for about 4 days hoping I would fade like that. I don't know why I chose starvation but whatever, I was a weird kid.

The second time was a bit more conventional. I was 15 and was a typical loser teen with no friends, hated school, got the shit beaten out of me literally every day, even the teachers didn't help me and encouraged the other kids. The only thing I enjoyed were video games and metal music. I got really low one day thinking that there'd be no way I could get out of my depression and got my dad's pistol out ready to shoot myself. I'd shot it a few times before with no problem but when I put the gun to my head, the gun jammed, which it hasn't done before or since. That moment I decided that something was looking out for me and that it just wasn't my time yet, so I took that as inspiration to do something with my life.

Still working on that bit but I've learned to trust in the universe.
>>
>>25984618
That happened to me when I was an adult but i thought the seller jammed it on purpose or something if something like that is even possible
>>
File: januaryfebruary2010-037.jpg (670KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
januaryfebruary2010-037.jpg
670KB, 2048x1536px
I live in the UK and as a 17 year old I neither had the money or resources for most suicide attempts. I wanted to leave an intact body for people to find so I opted to die by the double method of overdose and hypothermia.

Waited until a cold February evening to raid my father's liquor cabinet and the medicine cabinet, sneak out, walk to the wooded area at the edge of town and down everything I'd taken, hoping that I would pass out in the cold and die of exposure and if that wouldn't kill me then the overdose would.

A dog walker found me in the early morning of the next day, unconscious and covered in vomit and called for an ambulance. Woke up three days later in a hospital bed. I'd spent most the night outside and was apparently quite close to death, but extreme cold slows down the body's metabolism to a crawl and the brain doesn't entirely shut down and it's possible to revive people up to a certain point.

I wouldn't recommend it as a suicide method. I fucked up my lungs in the attempt and I find it hard to take deep breaths.
>>
>>25983972
Tbh I made some really shitty cyanide a year or so ago that probably only gave me tetanus
>>
A very good friend of mine tried to kill himself by slitting his own neck when we were 15. He really hated life at the time. He didn't bleed out fast enough though.

And that's good, because now he's made it. Got buddies in university and dorming there, got buddies, took up smoking, has a job, no girlfriend yet but he's not gonna have a problem picking up girls. I'm real happy for him. We don't talk as much, we don't have as much in common now, but we play CSGO together every now and then and it's always nice to catch up.
>>
>write really long post and no one cares
>>
>>25984546
Naw if you were black you'd be dead
>>
>>25984515
>so i get to the hanging part and be all like hanging around
Lost it
Top kek
>>
I swallowed my brother's sleeping pills when I was in the 6th grade. I thought it would be enough but I just ended up falling asleep in class.

The next time I tried swallowing lots of sleeping pills was in 10th grade. I got sent to the hospital and they made me drink charcoal. I can still remember the disappointed and sad looks on my family's faces as I laid on the hospital bed while trying not to fall asleep again.
It haunts me.
>>
stop trying to kill yourself please
>>
>>25984515
This story is worth saving.
>>
>>25984618
I think i remember you defending your view of a superior will in the universe in some other thread.
>>
>>25983972
Some guy I know apparently tried to kill himself by jumping from a second story window when he was like 13 or something. I can't help but find it quite comedic.
>>
>>25984922
I actually haven't posted about this before, what did the other anon say?
>>
A friend slit his wrists.
He was an edgy chad, drowning in pussy, and despair apparently.
He wanted to leave a horrible sight to his parents and trough his edgy metrosexual chad view the way was to leave a bloody mess. His parents got home too early and caught him.
>>
>>25984949
I don't remember, but i think there was something about "the universe has to have meaning because the gun jammed and that never happende before"
>>
File: 1452819919316.jpg (149KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1452819919316.jpg
149KB, 440x440px
Tried two things in one day back when I was 15;

First I tried to fill up a bath, get in it, and dump the microwave in it. Luckily, my family is poor as shit, so when I put the microwave in the water, all it did was tickle me then break.

Then I tried to get some wires and make a noose attached to an out-cropping gutter. I hung there for about 60 seconds before I slipped out, at which point I called my mum and was taken to the hospital for about a week until they let me go.
>>
>>25983972
Tried to drown myself in the toilet in jail.

Cop dragged me out.
>>
>>25984983
Ah, yeah I haven't mentioned my own story before but interesting to know its happened to others as well. I just think that everything happens for a reason and that there is some cosmic force that keeps things in balance, but it's up to us to allow ourselves to be happy.

Just my own thoughts.
>>
>>25985028
It's a very natural confirmation bias, most if not all humans feel it. Even i, a fedoralord who is skeptical of everything.
What we perceive and feel weighs stronger on the mind than all logic ever can.
>>
>>25985004
I think most if not all modern home appliances are suicide proof.
>>
>>25983972
Tried it at 13 for your tipical robot reasons with half a bottle of dish soap. It was fucking horrible. Apart from the panic attacks, lightheadness and instant regret that fucking lemon dish soap was terrible, the taste made me want to throw up and I kept burping and it got back to my mouth, so I forcefully threw up what I could and tried to get to sleep hoping that maybe I'd fall asleep/lose consciousness and die peacefully, but instead I fucking stayed awake the whole night and had to go to school the next two days feeling nauseous and generally like utter shit.

My parents never knew about it, but it was more than enough to prevent me from doing bullshit like that ever again. If I was to ever do it again I'd go only with a fast method or one with altered mind state, I don't want to feel that regret ever again.
>>
>all these plebs not using exit bags
>>
Don't kill yourself anons.
When someone you love tries to kill herself/himself it makes you feel like pure shit. It's heartbreaking. I know it's selfish for people to not want people to kill themselves but you can't leave this place when there's people out there who care about you. Even if you don't have such a person right now, there's still a big chance you'll meet them. May it be online or irl.
>>
>>25983972
Swallowed a bunch of asprin, pussied out and called the cops. Puked it all up and by the next day I was in the looney bin shitting charcoal. Mental wards are pretty fun places though, honestly. A real group of characters.
>>
>>25985244
This dude
I know it's unfair but it hurts really, really bad for those people
>>
A friend of mine took a whole lot of sleeping pills he took from his mother before coming to school, quite a few years ago. He is fine now, but he really wanted to die. They had to rush him to the hospital because he was having convulsions and went all pale and shit.
>>
>>25984515
>got to the hanging part and was all like hanging around
>>
Don't die, interesting thread!
>>
>>25985244
>Even if you don't have such a person right now, there's still a big chance you'll meet them. May it be online or irl.
I'd like to just say "gtfo" but look realistically. This isnt Anime and miracles doesnt happen, you wont meet a person who will magically change your mindset. There's nothing for me at this world, i'm already spending most of my time in dreams.
>>
>>25983972
>took a bunch of benzos, and drank a 40oz of vodka
>woke up covered in vomit and shit

never again.
>>
>>25984515
what were you thinking when you were "hanging around" were you thinking of beating one off right there and then
>>
>>25987235
I'm not talking about a bitch who'll suck your dick all day faggot. I'm talking about just a person who cares that you exist.
>>
>>25984717
How long did it take you to fall unconscious
>>
A girl my friend was sort of taking care of sometimes tried to kill herself by drinking a whole bottle of acetone. This precipitated schizophrenia, which was probably bound to happen anyway, as her mother seemed a bit psychotic to me.
>>
>>25987279
>I'm talking about just a person who cares that you exist.
No one really cares about you existing unless they have some use from you.
>>
>>25987321
Doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
>>25987272
I was at peace with being dead and everything finally being over
>>
>>25984717
Damn, I always thought pills would be an easy way to go.

Sucks that it can mess you up if you survive

How's life going now anon?
>>
File: empty ork.png (150KB, 298x352px) Image search: [Google]
empty ork.png
150KB, 298x352px
My mother tried to kill herself by OD (don't remember what) when I was like 12. I had to stay in the living room and make sure she didn't swallow her tongue, that sort of thing. Her boyfriend had to go and make sure the medics could enter the apartment complex.

Then I went back to playing video games. At least she's married now and found meaning in her life besides living for her two kids.

I don't have a proper reaction image for this.
>>
File: 1452561895544.png (2MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452561895544.png
2MB, 1080x1080px
>>25985244
I literally have no friends.
I know some dude from my college who talks to me every now and then, but he has better friends and obviously talks to me out of pity.

I don't know any other family members other than my mom and dad, but my dad is dead and my mom moved away.

Nothing should be stopping me.
>>
>>25987371
are you mad at the neighbor?

are you going to try and kill yourself again?
>>
>>25984515
so somehow the state doesn't want me to die, but why?
>>
>>25987437
not really shes really nice and is always checking up on me she made me some dinner a week ago

ill probably end up killing myself sometime
>>
>>25987422
Then why are you still here buddy?
>>
>>25987488
I'm scared of failing.
I'm still looking for a for sure method I could do.
>>
>>25987518
Have you tried making life better before giving up?
>>
>>25984515
I feel like you've posted about this before, or there are a lot of neighbors with gardening scissors they use to cut nooses with
>>
>>25987806
i have once
>>
>>25987518
jesus fucking christ you pussy. there are a lot of failure proof ways. its literally not that hard. just do 2 shotguns to the head and fire at the same time
>>
I don't know any failed attempts but my neighbor killed himself. He was in his twenties and seemed like a shut-in because nobody knew much about them. I think he tried molesting someone in my class when we were really young, too.

>>25987834
I must've been in that thread too
>>
>>25984515
how old are you and what do you look like
>>
>>25987906
im 24 and 230 lbs and 6'2
>>
this thread lol

>i want to kill myself
>try and fail
>i want to live now

ill never understand you people
>>
Mixed HCl and CaSx to make some hydrogen sulphide. It's lethal in high concentrations but it's not an instantaneous kill. It does apparently knock you unconscious. I can't remember much from that day, but I believe I asked someone to call the police about my attempt because I probably didn't want to take the entire neighbourhood with me.
>>
>>25987453
"For each man executed is a man who can no longer serve, and to fail in service to the Emperor is the greatest of sins."
Leman Russ
>>
>>25984855
No replies =/= not caring
There are lurkers here, who just read through and appreciate stories because they don't have any questions, comments or their own stories to share. Like me
>>
>>25984855
thats how life is anon, if you don't have charisma you don't have anything. even among suicidal people it is the man with the most charisma that takes the spotlight.
>>
File: 8656096.jpg (57KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
8656096.jpg
57KB, 645x773px
>tfw the thread was about to die but you bumped it and people started talking again
>>
>>25987930
you don't belong in r9k
>>
>>25988066
i know, i am actually intelligent. i'll stay though because you guys are very entertaining.
>>
My 16 y/o brother tried to kill himself a few months ago. He tried overdosing on aspirin and pain killers, he took them and went to bed. Woke up in the middle of the night throwing up and looking pale as shit. He kept passing out too.
I wake up to the sound of my mother crying. The fucking ambulance came an hour and a half after we called but thankfully he survived. We kept giving him water until he threw all of it out.

The worst experience of my life.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.