[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mystical/Spiritual Vague Bullshit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: spiritual-science.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spiritual-science.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
I need some feedback on this, so I know I'm not going insane.

Does anybody know about that vague psychiatry/spirituality blend that says nothing specific and has no obvious goal? Here's an example video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_8wXwMpG9E.

Maybe you've seen something like this before, and maybe you've noticed that people with schizophrenia eat it up. There are also practices that fall in a grey area between healthy and psychotic, and aren't entirely made up.

Does anybody know who proliferates this bullshit? I understand how one would end up seeking this stuff out, but I don't understand who actually comes up with it.
>>
You mean like new age stuff or whatever?
>>
>>25983408
Too be more specific, I just sarcastically searched, "How to heal your energies" on Youtube, and exactly what I'm talking about came up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_NvmQgU-iM.

I'm far from the sanest and smartest person in the world, so I was just wondering what the fuck this bullshit is.
>>
These people are retards and should be shot desu.

Don't crap on spirituality though. There is a soul, which you can see and feel. There are spirits that fuck with you etc. You've just never experienced this.
>>
>>25983441
Diluting old "spiritual" concepts, mixing them together, simplifying them so norms can understand them, removing their meaning so normscan pretend to be "spiritual" without actually changing any aspects of their lives or their mode of perception/state of consciousness, or seeking to understand anything, or rebelling against the status quo in any way that means anything, and then using them to sell shit. I mean I think.

It's just empty spirituality like McChristianity and other major religions but it appeals to "wacky" types

Just my opinion tho
>>
>>25983164
That's new age bullshit. David McRaney explains this stuff in his podcast episode on bullshit.

https://soundcloud.com/youarenotsosmart/066-bullshit-gordon-pennycook
>>
>>25983565
I could see that being the formula they use to make this stuff, but I'm wondering why.

Is it something that people, musicians, and media outlets use soullessly to get more views?

>>25983522
I hear you, and I respect your opinion. Nothing about your summary of spirituality (everyone's is different) is offensive.

What would be offensive is if you made a YouTube channel, took 10 minutes to say what you just typed, did nothing to elaborate in any logical fashion, and called it "Cure your diabetes by reconciling with your feeling soul."

I feel like that could be negative.
>>
>>25983640
>Is it something that people, musicians, and media outlets use soullessly to get more views?
I'm willing to bet some people really do believe in what they peddle, others know it's total shit but know they can make big money doing relatively little work off of it. Healing crystal dealers, meditation retreats, "workshops", coffee table books, healing sessions, etc.

There's probably a whole bunch of reasons why it's a thing I'm guessing.
>>
>>25983674
This kind of thing is pervasive and complicated, true. What's weird about these stupid videos is the level of emptiness happening. False religion should have a deep and complicated lore, not a stupid and shallow one.

>>25983622
I'll check that out.
>>
>>25983441
It's some new age claptrap. There's a certain contingent of people out there who, likely owing to mental illness, eschew critical thinking to such a degree that their entire thought process consists of whatever feels right to them on a purely emotional, intuitive, non-rational basis. We've all got some degree of that, but most of us recognize that it's often wrong and needs to be double checked by the rational part of our minds.
>>
>>25983901
Hey. This >>25983622 guy's link is really doing it for me, has me interested in podcasts for the first time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.