[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Death the end? And if so,Is the end the beginning of eternity?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: curebutt.jpg (13KB, 239x197px) Image search: [Google]
curebutt.jpg
13KB, 239x197px
Is Death the end?
And if so,Is the end the beginning of eternity?
>>
DOES DEATH COME ALONE
OR WITH EAGER REINFORCEMENTS
DOES DEATH COME ALONE
OR WITH EAGER REINFORCEMENTS?
DEATH IS CENTRIFUGAL
SOLAR AND LOGICAL
DECADENT AND SYMMETRICAL
ANGELS ARE MATHEMATICAL
ANGELS ARE BESTIAL
MAN IS THE ANIMAL
MAN IS THE ANIMAL

HOOLY HOOOLY HOOOLYYYY HOOLY OH HOOLY HOLY HOLYY HOOLY HOLY
>>
>die
>see machines everywhere you didn't see before, but others it looks mostly the same
>find out you're in some kind of laboratory, your house is just a fake set
>see your bud on the computer next to you, he has the face of a cat and the body of a human
>he's responsible for all of the coincidences/manual overrides in your life, otherwise it was all just the intermixing of random patterns
>he's the only one in the room
>he gives you a nod and you switch places
>you look at the screen of the computer, your face is reflected, you're a catman too
>you ask him if he's ready, telepathically of course
>he nods once more
>you do it all over again except this time you're the man on the outside
>>
>>25978226
>Is Death the end?
I certainly hope so. I can't take much more of this.
>>
It'll feel exactly how it did before you were born.
>>
Death is the end.

When you die you cease to exist, no conciousness.
>>
If no process exists to affect the timeline as we understand it then death is the end

If any process has the potential to affect the timeline as we understand it then matter will always reconstruct into all possible combinations, including ones like yourself

50% you live and die
50% you live every possible scenario infinitely

The second is somewhat more likely but not worth explaining
>>
>>25978834
>50% you live every possible scenario infinitely

a new level of retardation has been reached
>>
the quantum particles and energy you're made of have been around since the big bang. 'death' is neither end nor beginning, it's continuation
>>
>>25979106
An arrangement essentially you will originate with every arrangement -possible- parallel and the question of stopping the process is not a question

So it goes forever or until some society solves the last question and stops it, fat chance by the way
>>
>>25979137
your consciousness ends when your body ends

there is no continuation.
>>
>>25978716
>no conciousness
this has yet to be proven. heck, we don't even know what consciousness is, how can you say it ceases to exist at some point? neither energy nor atoms can be created or destroyed. it's naive to think that consciousness ceases to exist at some point
>>
>>25979198
This is why creating second-hand science for kids videos on youtube is harmful rather than helpful.

The multiverse theory states than every possible nth dimensional timeline thread will happen in some other "universe". Which means that, according to this model, there is a chance that people who are almost exactly like you could exist, but you would not experience it. So no, you do die when your body dies.
>>
>>25979212
Consciousness seems abstract because it is our only viewpoint. There's nothing magical about it. It's composed of atoms. It will break down.
>>
>>25979204
Yeah but you're ops pic. Now what?
>>
>>25979355
>It's composed of atoms.
hence my assumption that it won't disappear, it will just just take another form. you can not create or destroy energy and atoms, it won't break down. it will be redistributed.
>>
This is why consciousness is fucking morbid, we're more aware than living beings should be. Death is the same as before you were born.

It's literally impossible to comprehend, much like space.
>>
>>25979391
Wow, a semantics argument. Let's continue to define the atoms that made up this object as still being a part of the object in order to be as edgy and pointless as possible.
>>
>>25979476
>ad hominem
nice argumentation skills hoemboy
>>
>>25979502
Insulting isn't a real logical fallacy fucktard. Go back to fucking middle school if you want be retarded.
>>
File: argument.jpg (89KB, 748x589px) Image search: [Google]
argument.jpg
89KB, 748x589px
>>25979547
>Insulting isn't a real logical fallacy
whatever makes you feel better about your lack of argumentation skills homeboy.
>>
>>25979204
define consciousness
/original
>>
File: ssuncle.png (217KB, 287x329px) Image search: [Google]
ssuncle.png
217KB, 287x329px
>>25978226
Anon,

Death is not the end.
My Grandfather died and came back. He was gone for a while. During that time, he saw the light, he saw an afterlife and talked with many of his dead loved ones.

He returned a changed man.

He was not religious. He was, at best, agnostic. Death was the number one worry in his entire life.

He dies, he comes back, and that fear is gone, because he saw the truth - Heaven. There is most certainly an afterlife.

I'd recommend getting faith, anon. Trust me.

Now, even if we're going to rationally think about this, without my anecdote, there is no reason for death to be the end.

As stated before - We have conciousness. This isn't found in most animals.

We have a definite soul. The question is where our soul goes after death. Or, in more literal terms, our conciousness.

Maybe our consciousness determines our end. What you believe in comes true.

These are very agnostic arguments, I think, though, as there is no "definite" answer -

Unless you get faith.
>>
>>25979579
I used actual science and logic to tell you why you were wrong and rightly called you a faggot for it, and now you're crying out of desperation to make yourself seem slightly less retarded but it's not working and you're only looking like a greater and greater loser.
>>
>>25979673
>I used actual science and logic
sure you did
>>
>>25979313
no, listen

I don't really know where to start with you, you really don't understand what I am saying

to not get side tracked and explain simply, the core point is that it is not that "people who are almost exactly like you could exist, but you would not experience it"

what makes up YOU is machine rather than spectre, already with downtime periods, which is what causes you misunderstanding most likely. You are you whether you have been you before or whether you were not perceptive for a stretch.

you are thinking in ~a does-not-equal a rather than the actual a = a

~ will and won't be necessary, won't as much as will
>>
>>25979662
Do you have an actual story or are you just shitposting?
>>
>>25978447
cool

original commento
>>
>>25979726
I would bet my life that not a single person in the entire world is retarded enough to understand all your shitposting. But then again, this is probably just a very articulate troll.
>>
Question.
If I die and my consciousness dies as well, this makes "time" no longer relevant. I wait out the end of the universe.
The universe could collapse back into a singularity and expand an infinite times over.
Isn't there then a chance that my consciousness could appear in some way somewhere in the universe?
>>
>>25979890
All the information contained inside you would have been lost inside you a long time ago, so no.
>>
>>25979846
>tfw convinced that anon is just someone emulating my posting style because I talk like that all the time
>tfw not sure if you're samefagging as him
noided desu
>>
File: 1448767724377.jpg (309KB, 1600x1119px) Image search: [Google]
1448767724377.jpg
309KB, 1600x1119px
>>25979736
I'm not shitposting.

I was agnostic until my Grandfather told me about this experience of his.

He drowned later in Grenada, on a cruise.

After mourning his loss and thinking again about what he told me and talking to my Dad about it, who had heard the same story, we both left the conversation - teary eyed of course - but with a faith in God and an afterlife, a feeling I've never had before.
>>
>>25979890
>Isn't there then a chance that my consciousness could appear in some way somewhere in the universe?>>
absolutely.
>>
>>25979890
Since your consciousness already existed, the probability of it existing somewhere else is higher than 0%
>>
>>25979947
>what is dmt
>>
File: 1410537205561s.jpg (19KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
1410537205561s.jpg
19KB, 300x263px
There's no answer for death you fucking morons. Literally all hypothesis.

What you can say is that this exact point in time most likely already existed. You reading this has already happened X times over, and you'll read this again and again infinitely. In however many years the while hole will engulf the entire universe condensing all matter into a mere speck. And due to the sheer amount of concentrated energy will explode again (Big Bang).

The cycle won't stop.
>>
ive always had the fear of whats going next, i dont want to live, i fear the death, but i also dont want to live forever, i dont know what i want, and scares me.
>>
>>25979355
>it's composed of atoms
sez you.
>>
>>25979662
neato dude
>>
>>25980284
iktfb
I'm completely ruled by uncertainty at this point
>>
Honestly I'm probably gonna sound like a retard but I'm tired and was thinking about this earlier. Since we're aware of our consciousness does that mean it lives on? Like, why would we be in control now if we're gone forever in the future. With time being relative and all, people born in 100 years will exist exactly like I do, and infact, to them RIGHT NOW, exist exactly as I do right now. People thousands of years in the future are beginning to exist "right now" to them.
>>
>>25982568
No, consciousness is merely a flaw of the human mind.
>>
File: nodubs.jpg (30KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
nodubs.jpg
30KB, 640x470px
>>25982649
How do you know the human mind isn't a flaw of consciousness?
>>
File: 14485500438990.png (161KB, 777x656px) Image search: [Google]
14485500438990.png
161KB, 777x656px
>>25979579
Wrong pic there, anon
>>
>>25983457
Because we have nothing else to compare to.
>>
File: why.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
Just imagine
>You die
>You wake up
>You are in space
>You cannot see your physical self, you cannot move, however, you are conscience and can fully think
>You are their forever
2bh that would be the worst hell I can think of, but humans cannot comprehend what happens after you die, and I'm sure their is no god
>>
>>25983809
Realistically you wouldn't be able to see anything. You'd just be trapped in your own mind forever.
>>
>>25983840
I know, that is what I fear, you aren't IN space, it's just blackness
>>
>>25983809
After awhile of no stimuli you'd probably just forget how to think ever so slowly until it's just nothing at all

Eventually you'd just forget what bad and good or heaven and hell are. Might take a long amount of subjective time, but whatever you got all the time in the world.
>>
>>25983857
Well going insane forever sound pretty horrible, and it's what I can't comprehend as a person is what truly scares me
>>
>>25983809
>but humans cannot comprehend what happens after you die,

of course we can you fucking moron. you are entirely physical and your body will decay, you will no longer exist.
>>
>>25978447
This is kind of what DMT was like except the cat was shooting euphoric all-coloured electricity into my body
>>
>>25983885
What if this life is just a result of us going insane last time we were in the void? Thoughts slowly coalescing into a coherent, but altogether still insane, structure over the millennia, building upon each other and obscuring our vision until the void disappears altogether, only to reappear when the structure inevitably falls apart?

Is reality just us maddeningly scrambling away from the cold, dark abyss that is the truth of reality? Clawing for something other than condemnation to complete and utter nothingness?
>>
>>25983886
No shit faggot. You can say it, but envision it, think about it.

You can't.
>>
File: miku.gif (74KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
miku.gif
74KB, 150x150px
Who here /cantwait/ to party with david bowie in space?
>>
>>25978226
If you really are interested in the afterlife then I suggest you read The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying. It goes into how people in the West tend to try to distract themselves from the idea of death and really have no idea what awaits them. Life is but a small part of our existence. In order to truly be blissful and no longer be reborn into this life you must reach Enlightenment.
>>
>>25978226
>Is Death the end?

we don't know and never will until it happens and then when it happens we probably won't know or tell anyone because it's either a transition happening or nothing at all.

if it's nothing at all, that would terrify me. as if this fucking universe can't get even more absurd than this. so yeah, I do believe in reincarnation and after-lives, it's far healthier to believe that too.
>>
>>25979391
The energy of our consciousness phases out as background thermal energy that is all mate.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.