[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been doing language exchange with a Japanese pen-pal for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 198489494.jpg (29KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
198489494.jpg
29KB, 426x341px
>been doing language exchange with a Japanese pen-pal for the last year and a bit
>had only ever messaged over Lang-8
>the other week she suddenly gives me her email address
>a couple of emails in she's talking about sending pictures of ourselves
>I'm about a 3/10
>I don't go out and don't have any friends to take my picture so I don't have any photos of myself
>I take awful photos anyway, smiling makes me look retarded
>the best I can do is take a portrait photo of myself or something but that'll look really awkward and forced

Why'd she have to ruin it r9k? We had a good thing going and she's going to ruin it. Whelp, guess I'll just have to find another language exchange partner.
>>
>>25967732
Post pics of her please sempai.

Djdjsjxifjdbxjaksjcu
>>
>>25967732
"I'm rather unattractive and would prefer if we kept this relationship professional anyways- I don't need to see your picture either."

You're welcome.
>>
>>25967760
She hasn't sent anything yet, she's waiting for me to confirm we'll exchange photos.

>>25967803
You don't think that'll kinda ruin the relationship anyway? Every time I've put the brakes on advancing relationships (for obvious reasons), professional or otherwise, it makes things awkward and they just peter out eventually.
>>
Go outside and take a selfie in front of something that would catch someone's interest, or simply in front of your house if there's nothing interesting or you're too lazy. For example, if I was an ugly French guy living in Paris I'd take a selfie in front of the Eifell Tower. Then I'd casually ask her to send a picture of her too and questions such as "Wouldn't you like to visit Paris too?"

Make sure the camera won't be too close to your face, you don't want it to be the focus. If it suits you well then wear a scarf and something on your head in order to make some features less obvious.
>>
Why dont you just take a picture of someone who isnt you? Its not like you two will meet or anything.
>>
>>25967732
>I'm about a 3/10

I lived in Japan teaching English for 3 years - Japanese women are really bad at judging white men's attractiveness. You see a lot of seriously cute Japanese girls with ugly/dorky white guys.
>>
File: Miki_in_anime.jpg (24KB, 579x612px) Image search: [Google]
Miki_in_anime.jpg
24KB, 579x612px
>>25967732
why not just tell her the truth? she might understand and leave it alone. or you could just send her your photo - if you two have been chatting for a year already, i really don't think she'd just stop speaking to you b/c you're ugly.
it's not like you two are ever going to meet irl anyway. why would she care?
>>
Explain you'd prefer not to and to please respect your decisions.
>>
>>25968727
>>25968793
We actually might end up meeting. I'm going to Japan this year and she's talked about wanting to go hiking with me. I'm not sure whether or not I should quietly avoid doing it though, I'll just end up spilling spaghetti and being a disappointment.

>>25968694
Good thinking anon, there's heaps of really nice scenery around me, I can just set it on a timer or something to put a bit of distance between me and the camera.
>>
>>25969061
Slowly lower her expectations
>>
Chill out OP. Chances are she's just average, and you can photoshop the hell out of your pic.
>>
>>25969430
I suppose I could send it as a low-quality jpg so she can't make out fine details.
>>
>>25967732
Asian and white people are terrible at judging each others attractiveness, you may be a 3/10 in the west but probably not there
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.