[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did anime become about waifus and losers

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1435164427654.gif (1MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
1435164427654.gif
1MB, 444x250px
Growing up I was one of the few people in my town who liked anime, not because it wasn't widely accepted, more so no one knew about it.

What I took from many of the series was that one had to stick to their aspirations to truly be great and life. I would see imperfect heroes struggle through trails and tribulations with their goals in mind.

Another reason why I liked many of these series was the sheer creativity of the monster designs and locals. The same goes for many Jrpgs. The smooth jazz and 16 bit tunes helped as well.

I actually work at a US subsidiary of a Japanese game company, speak the language and have made a couple of trips over on company business.

When I went to college and I first saw "weeaboos" for the first time I was shocked and horrified. I never knew that people interperated characters this way, having 'waifus", beign really loud, making fantasy worlds for themselves and cosplaying.
When did this all happen? And when did this become the general consensus for most anime fans?

What are your sentiments on this overall, and do you think many people perceive it this way?
>>
I gotta know dudes
>>
>>25964379
It's because anime is firstly aimed at children and should be treated as such. It doesn't mean adult can't enjoy them, and there can't be anime for ""adult"" (I know some middle schoolers that loves Kaiji) but it is fiction to pass the time.

Now the children that watched anime back then, have grown physically but not mentally, they cannot distinguish it from the reality, they basically live by escapism, and as they're the primary customers of goodies, anime must evolve and pander to them.

That's why 90% of anime are moeshit nowadays, it's made by and for losers virgins.
>>
File: 1452804665271.jpg (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1452804665271.jpg
49KB, 500x375px
>>25964606
/thread

Bloximus blox
>>
>>25964606
not persay, there are a couple that are more so for adults than children, I.e. Ghost in a shell, kemonozume or anything made by Satoshi Kon.

But still, saying titles are for middle schoolers is a bit of a stretch, what would constitute to "growing up"?

Watching the big game?
Having kids out of wedlock?
Using recreational drugs?
This is coming from someone who works in digital mediums but still.
>>
>>25964876
Growing up means you don't dwell on fantasy for a extended period of time.

Like, I'm rewatching the yu-gi-oh series, it's kiddish, but I know and I enjoy it without being a sperg about it. It can be YGO but whatever anime you want, you treat it as you would treat reading a book or seeing a movie, you have fun and when it is finished, it's finished.

Now compare this attitude, to those that spend 5hours on a board defending their glorious work of fiction (yes some anime are very artistic), thinking about it 7/24h and buying goodies.

It's okay when you're a child and in playground to indulge in such activities, but when you are a grown man, it's just sad.

(But don't make me say what I don't, you can still talk about anime, and play from time to time, this morning a basically played YGO with my little bro, 'twas fun )
>>
>>25965032
Ah, I see....
That's what I was referring to when I was mentioning those anime dudes. How can one live like that?

It's a different story when one works in said medium though, and there are projects to be done
>>
>>25964876
Not that anon but, most people rely on various forms of escapism. I feel like the underlining claim for most people being "grown up" is subjective and really is about how far you take your interest, as opposed to simply digging into a book or playing a video game you purchased when you have a good amount of free time. Though, arguing about video games for hours and collecting figurines and ect is pretty much flat lining yourself on that maturity spectrum.

I myself depend on fantasy for a living. I have to constantly be in my head to develop characters, storylines, mechanics if its a game project, artwork, and general worldbuilding.

Granted, you'd never see me any real accessories or fandom toys outside a Blastoise Plush in my room and a few art books of games I enjoyed.
>>
>>25965272
>I myself depend on fantasy for a living. I have to constantly be in my head to develop characters, storylines, mechanics if its a game project, artwork, and general worldbuilding.

Like OP said, it's a different story when you work in the medium. I will never say those authors aren't "mature" or whatever, it takes imagination and hard work to produce a good work of fiction.
>>
>>25965272
also what became of taking messages from the fantasy medium and applying the positives to your life.

Example of such being the never say die attitude
and the sheer determination of will. To be one hundred percent honest, I wouldn't have gotten to where I am today without it.
>>
>>25965964
Quotes and saying are a little different I think. Though, I never abided by anything in particular as a life lesson but that likely stems due to my rough background of the non dependability of people around me coupled with the human experience.

If you find something that inspires you to do better for yourself, no matter the source, I see no shame or maturity meter in it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.