[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. Age 2. Job/future job 3. Projected income >20 >Television

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: 1440663477508.jpg (55KB, 372x527px) Image search: [Google]
1440663477508.jpg
55KB, 372x527px
1. Age
2. Job/future job
3. Projected income

>20
>Television staff writer
>$150K salary, with additional money coming in from residuals, residuals, and $30K for every episode I solely write
>>
>>25962224
itt: delusions and wishful thinking
>>
>29
>mentally ill person
>living off state welfare, which is effectively loans with no interest; -23.000 euros a year
>>
File: AIoQKtvUgbo.jpg (62KB, 482x604px) Image search: [Google]
AIoQKtvUgbo.jpg
62KB, 482x604px

Studying art. Future job will be a sandwich artist struggling to pay rent and hoping that someone will buy something so I could eat.

Projected income is 16k euros a year.
>>
File: aylmao.jpg (50KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
aylmao.jpg
50KB, 1024x576px
Security guard next week
about 25k or so
>>
>25
>aspiring civil engineer
>no idea how much i would earn. 3k a month i guess?
>>
>>25962420
What do you want to do?
>>
>almost 21
>currently a lab tech, wanting to become an chemist
>making 16.50$ now, wanting that 22-27.50$
>>
>23
>software dev intern
>$10/hr, but expecting an offer for 55k/yr within a month
>>
>>25962487
I want to practice kickboxing and learn how to play the piano. I'm majoring in chemistry but i still have no direction in my life. Maybe an engineer who knows
>>
>>25962224
Realistically, you're at best going to make $20K writing articles for buzzfeed.
>>
>>25962224
>25
>Programmer
>$50,000
>>
>22
>Just started at small/new clinical research company
>$31,200 salary

I hate my life
>>
I work in a storage unit where I have minimal contact with people.

I like it although I don't make that much money but hey, it's a job.
>>
>22
>Embedded Systems Engineer
>$62,000
>>
>>25962224
>22
>Field Tech for cable company/going to school to teach SPED and then SLP then BCBA
>30K a year as field tech/70K a year when SLP or BCBA
>>
Aussie Account Manager in a digital marketing firm, the position in my company I trained for are offshored to the Philippines. I'm hate my job and think of killing myself before heading to work only earn 40k per annumn before tax. This position has also cemented my opinion women don't belong in digital media.
>>
>>25962860
Also I do the work of two people.
>>
>>25962224
>Liberal farts majors:The post
>>
File: 1430257604493.jpg (41KB, 303x566px) Image search: [Google]
1430257604493.jpg
41KB, 303x566px
25yo. Work in a warehouse opening boxes and checking stock / inventory. Earn 8600 a year after tax. Can't afford much but live within my means.

Virgin with a congenitally deformed dick, mentally ill and physically repulsive. Think about suicide 3-4 times a week on a good month.
>>
>>25962381

that sketch looks like what filthy frank might if he were full-jap.
>>
File: 06.jpg (448KB, 1051x1577px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
448KB, 1051x1577px
>>25962381
You should pursue realism. It's been a long time anon. Please bring us back full circle anon.
>>
>26
>Accountant
>25 000k pounds
>>
>>25962860
>women don't belong in digital media.
Explain?
>>
File: fC45LDJopb4.jpg (38KB, 356x640px) Image search: [Google]
fC45LDJopb4.jpg
38KB, 356x640px
>>25962988
It's what I am studying, anon (traditional). Hoping to make a tiny impact even if it's just in my local gallery. Modern art has turned into a joke.
>>
>>25963158
People stopped caring about representational art for a reason; it's just not that stimulating compared to all the other ways people have learned to make images. It's the equivalent of making a silent black and white film because you think it's better for some reason.
>>
1. Age
2. Job/future job
Quality control chemist / Biomedical researcher
3. Projected income
$40k
>>
>22
>Take off semester at school (major was design)
>working on a factory that parents management
>i don't know just working on a factory forever or neet or graduate college or something
>>
>>25963331
>In come 1300$
>>
File: nQQtxt4HBYg.jpg (77KB, 415x604px) Image search: [Google]
nQQtxt4HBYg.jpg
77KB, 415x604px
>>25963217
You want a fight, huh?

Contemporary modern art is hardly innovative. Duchamp made The Urinal out mocking intent, not to push boundaries. He was trying to warn us of how we could lose meaning in art.

In my view modern art is not bad, there are many contemporary artists still pushing great notions into the art world. I really enjoy some of the work.

The issue at hand today as well as for a long time now is the attribution of monetary worth to artistic 'worth'. A lot of contemporary modern artists are not even artists, for they push shock value or static representation of the real world and thus stagnating the whole movement since it is just stale.

Many modern 'artists' are not artists. An artists has a concept, an idea, emotions, notion, has something which he wishes to influence upon the viewer. Putting a bed in a gallery does not make you an artists, if the audience see something in it or find meaning then that makes the viewer the artist instead.

Art is based on skill, how well you can communicate to your audience, modern art aims at destroying art by destroying the concept of art, by pushing its boundaries till everything is art. This is a valid move in a sense for it opens people to different views, but if you can view a lot of inane sculptures as art then it does not belong in a gallery, for you can wander outside and view any structure of configuration of object and see it 'artistically'.

To go on more... Realism has so many points besides representing things realistically. It shows humanism at its root, displaying even the toughest and saddest capabilities of man as beautiful. It finds beauty in everything, even destruction, misery, death and so on. Realism is important because there's so much beneath it and represents the era and state of man when it was made.
>>
>19
>[???]
>[???]

No direction or spark in life.
>>
>>25962224
I want some of what you're smoking.
>>
>>25963407
> It shows humanism at its root, displaying even the toughest and saddest capabilities of man as beautiful.
Yes, and that is exactly why it's boring to educated people. It was developed for when it was for good reason; it fit the prevailing ideology at the time it was developed. The early modern period in western cultural history was one where people developed a sense for what it meant to be a flesh and blood individual - it's the visual equivalent to Shakespeare inventing the modern conception of personality.

But this is the 21st century dude. Hell, even 60 years ago Rothko told you what was wrong with the ideological premises behind realism: "after the Holocaust and the Atom Bomb you couldn't paint figures without mutilating them.". Humanism, today, is for people who want to watch Disney movies and be told that it'll all be okay. It's a tiny subset of the contemporary human condition, given the experiences people have in contemporary society. What does an expressive drawing of a face tell you about what it's like to live in a society where people stare at computers until they lose their sense of what it means to be a person, to pick one example of the many ways in which the human experience is different now then it was when realism was culturally needed.

If you don't talk to people's experience, they won't care about what you have to say. The function of art is to provide narrative a narrative to structure the complexity of the experience of reality. Realism just doesn't provide the narrative for the problems people need solved - that's why it died.
>>
>>25963728

Realism didn't die because it couldn't solve people's problems - people have unsolvable problems because they abandoned realism/humanism and started embracing existential or hedonistic nihilism.
>>
>>25963728
Not the guy you replied to, but this looks like faggot talk to me. Go defend artsy urinals somewhere else senpai
>>
File: p066puy99sU.jpg (61KB, 473x604px) Image search: [Google]
p066puy99sU.jpg
61KB, 473x604px
>>25963728
That's a very good argument, anon. I honestly have no reply but I believe you're right.

I still stand against most contemporary art for a number of reasons, most of them are mentioned. I do not believe it's bad as a movement as a whole, just that it has lost all meaning, has sold out and is not art in a lot of cases. Guess the whole development of contemporary art is a reflection upon the state of things today. Thank you for the insight.

As well you have a point as to why realism died off but I don't agree with it too much. I am studying traditional because I feel it can still be pushed to fit today's society and represent ideas, notions, struggles, etc. in a way which can impact people strongly. Realism didn't die because it has lost its use, it died off because it stagnated and other movements gained traction such as French impressionism. It was bullied out of society in a sense.
>>
>>25962224
my girlfriend is an ACTUAL writer

according to her, no episode is written "solely" by one person. its a room of writers brainstorming and getting on the same page so all of them can write their own episodes which are then critiqued by everyone and changed to fit the plot perfectly and etc etc.

protip: i guarantee you it does not pay that much.
>>
>>25963817
>Realism didn't die because it couldn't solve people's problems - people have unsolvable problems because they abandoned realism/humanism and started embracing existential or hedonistic nihilism.
You're not actually disagreeing with me. The dominant ideology of society changed and so the art they needed changed. No surprises there. If people still thought about the human condition like they did in 1600, realism would still be as relevant as it ever was.

>>25963834
Read a book.

>>25963880
> Realism didn't die because it has lost its use
Ya I mean ... realism feeds a basic part of how people in western society have thought since it started and it's a ready way to design visual objects that are beautiful so I'd agree with you that it's still useful for the purposes to serves.
>>
>>25962224
>24
>Pizza delivery
>$15/hr
>>
>31
>User researcher
>45-50k in Europe
>125k in USA
I'm a Yuropoor, I had no idea this shit paid so well in the US. It's a 6-figure job, for God's sake. I thought you had to sell you soul for that kind of money.
>sell your soul
>move to America
Yeah, I guess I see your point.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.