[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to social anxiety support group >literally every other

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 17

File: who#dephere.png (111KB, 554x575px) Image search: [Google]
who#dephere.png
111KB, 554x575px
>go to social anxiety support group
>literally every other group member has a fiance and a job

fucking hell
>>
See a therapist or a psychiatrist. You're only going to find normies at "support groups".
>>
>>25941394
I do see a therapist. she's the one that started the support group.
>>
>>25941366
>social anxiety support group

That sounds about as effective as an AA open bar
>>
>>25941935
it wasn't that bad, really, except that everyone there seemed successful.
>>
>social anxiety
>has a steady partnership

they are all normies. avoid them.
tumblrinas with tattoos and dyed hair who have jobs and fucking HUSBANDS claim to have social anxiety. how are they not all full of shit?
>>
holy shit im literally about to join one nearby today. Other than what you posted, how are they?
>>
>>25942074
i can't just not go, i've made a commitment to like 9 sessions.

i just hope they don't ask me about my gf or something.
>>
File: _1396381207261.jpg (149KB, 600x608px) Image search: [Google]
_1396381207261.jpg
149KB, 600x608px
>social anxiety
>group
>>
>>25942129
it was alright i guess. we just talked about what social anxiety means to us, how it affects our body, our lives, etc.

i don't know what the plan is for the rest of the sessions.
>>
File: I wish I was at my villa.png (110KB, 892x671px) Image search: [Google]
I wish I was at my villa.png
110KB, 892x671px
>school therapist told me to go to a social anxiety support group
>didn't because fuck that shit
>>
>>25942152
>i just hope they don't ask me about my gf or something.

none of that matters, anon. so you're single and some of them aren't. it doesn't even matter. they all gonna accept it and it will be fine so don't get anxious over this shit.
>>
>>25942208
i still remember during my intake assessment when my therapist was asking me all those questions, and she gets to romantic relationships, past and present. I think I blurted out something like, "yeah... I, uh, don't have those... not much experience with that"
>>
>>25942170
This

If you had social anxiety how could you even bare to go to a group? If I had to go to group my heart would be racing so hard I would probably have a panic attack. Your social anxiety must be quite mild.
>>
>go to social anxiety support group
>say I can't pay a cashier without shaking and panicking
>don't answer phone or door
>stay inside during the day because there are too many people out
>people make faces like "what"
>>
>>25942257
Ok I was thinking about going to one of these groups but you've 100% put me off the idea
>>
Social anxiety is now a meme disorder, like being bipolar or having depression. It's fashionable to identify as someone who suffers from it, so support groups are mostly going to be circlejerks.
>>
>>25942302
I was making it all up

I've never gone to one
>>
I've went to one a few times. Everyone including the guy going to trial in relation to a murder uses the word trigger unironically.
>>
>>25942232
but that's fine.
especially if you're a young male, it's not even uncommon to be inexperienced.
>>
>>25942376
I'm not that young.
>>
>>25942331
I don't believe ya
>>
>>25942392
it doesn't matter. wanting to start a relationship is a choice and kind of a serious deal and the time where it happens is completely up to you and women are fucking afraid of approaching relationships anyway. so it's not like something you have a guarantee for getting at a certain point in your life.
>>
>>25941394
He doesn't have a job. How is the psychiatrist going to bleed him dry?
>>
>>25942363
yeah but it's justified in that case

a trigger is something that causes you to panic, like seeing girls laughing while looking at you or something like that
>>
are you sure it isn't just an anxiety or general mental health group?
>>
>>25942551
Yes.

it was specifically set up for us
>>
File: 1451617570794.jpg (21KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1451617570794.jpg
21KB, 412x351px
My parents just crushed me once again. The conversation went something like this:

>Be me, 21 y/o robot, visiting parents on the weekend because I don't have any friends in the town where I go to university
>Parents talk about my successful elder brother who studies in the US
>they talk about a girl he has been seeing
>Someone gave her knockout-drops on new year's eve and my brother regrets that he didn't stop her from going with that guy
>My mom says she texted him saying that girl should have been going with my brother, then this wouldn't have happened
>She adds "I didn't write "nothing" would've happened because I didn't want to imply he can't score"
>My dad says jokingly "please, there are minors around here"
>They turn to me
>"Oh wait, you're 21"
>"But you're still a minor when it comes to these topics"
>>
Think i'll start therapy again. Just hope this time I won't end up with some fraud that doesn't help me at all.
>>
>>25942607
savage af to be quite frank, famiglia
>>
>>25942708
the shitty thing is that they're pretty nice to me. They said this in a casual way because it's apparent to them that I'm a loser. If they said it to diss me, it would be savage but I could laugh it off. They just assumed it to be true
>>
>>25942526
No, it isn't.

"trigger" is something that induces a PTSD panic attack, like a backfire could be a trigger to a veteran
>>
>>25943384
>a trigger is something that causes you to panic
>No, it isn't.
>"trigger" is something that induces a PTSD panic attack

nigga is u dumb
>>
>>25942842
Then it's okay. I rather have that then parents that ask me when i'm going to meet some nice girl.
>>
>>25943402
>PTSD panic attack
lrn2read, fucknuts

Do these people have PTSD? No. PTSD is quite rare, and they wouldn't be refereeing to triggers in such a cavalier manner if they did.
>>
>>25942307
how do i get actual treatment

just kidding i know the only answer is to kill myself. it's been 15 years since i originally was diagnosed and i still put off killing myself
>>
>>25943489
you're still wrong, a trigger is just literally a catalyst for any kind of episode you could have

it applied to PTSD but it applies to panic disorder too
>>
>>25941935
>tfw no bulimia open buffet for free food
>>
>go to popular social anxiety forum
>many users have girlfriends and friends
>some users have had a LOT of girlfriends and a LOT of friends
>a few women whining about how they can't get a man (Chad) even though they've been approached by numerous betas
>accidentally speak too much truth and get a warning from the moderator for violating some shitty rule about how "everyone's suffering is equal and it isn't our place to judge who has it worst"

I'm all for understanding that everyone has their demons but holy fuck that website is shit. Where are some places like /r9k/ that aren't full of normies and aren't full of tryhard 20 year olds like wizardchan?
>>
>>25943647
The foreveralone subreddit is okay. It's closer to what r9k was a while ago than the current r9k. If only reddits whole layout and website wasn't so shit.
>>
>>25942307
It really is.

It's sad that people with the actual disorders get fucked. Some people with SA even collapse to the floor from being too self-conscious about being looked at by others when walking. I'm not even kidding.
>>
>>25943692
Uh isn't that place mainly young girls complaining about not finding Chads?
>>
>>25943759
Thats the foreveralone women one I believe. I'd stay away from that unless you want to rage or have a few laughs. Either is more of a hugbox than 4chan though. Wish there was a real alternative.
>>
>>25942178
>my feet don't hurt because the toga doesn't restrict leg movement
KEK MAXIMVS, AMICE

Some of the other feels could be improved though. Also, the one who did this should have used 'V's instead of modern 'U's.
>>
>>25943489
do you think ptsd is the only disorder that has triggered panic attacks or something?
>>
>>25941366
Do you think they always had fiances and jobs, anon? Or do you think it's more likely that that's a sign you were heading in the right direction.
>>
File: scum.jpg (10KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
scum.jpg
10KB, 256x256px
>go to social anxiety IRC
>everyone has friends and most are in college or working

On the bright side of all this the normals parading around has given me more incentive than ever before to try really hard to lose the anxiety the best I can.
>>
>>25943692
what are you talking about, the forreveralone reddit literally has the same rule where everyone's suffering is equal and you shouldn't judge.
>>
>>25943956
I said it's a hugbox too. That's what reddit is. It still has a few decent threads now and then though.
>>
>>25942526
It's become a meaningless buzzword and that's why I'm annoyed with the people in the group who use it as a lingual crutch to describe their feelings. Ofttimes it's entirely misused and the people that run the group encourage it through the use of their language.
>>
File: 1451481620461.png (304KB, 666x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451481620461.png
304KB, 666x400px
>>25943951
>get invited to a skype conversation from /r9k/
>mfw it's full of normal people talking about college and going to concerts and being with friends and stuff
sometimes i feel like i don't belong anywhere
>>
>>25944737
>>25943951
>yfw you retards realized r9k is a satire + RP board with a 99% normie population
>>
>>25944737

Robots wouldn't even have Skype, anon.
> installing that botnet
> that has the ability to record all your communication
>>
>>25944737
Not everyone is a paranoid tinfoilhat.
>>
>>25944820
So it gets literally no information
>>
>>25944802
i wish i was in on the joke years ago
>>
>>25946572
Every thing you send gets sent through their server. They get all of it you dumbass. Encrypted or not.
>>
>>25944802
Well hello there reddit
>>
Honestly, this sounds no different than /r9k/.

Everyone here claims to have social anxiety, yet I rarely (if ever) hear of anyone who is completely dependent on their family because they're too afraid to go outside, let alone get a job or an apartment.

No one cares about people with real social anxiety. We're pathetic and uncommon and completely hopeless.
>>
>>25946787
I've been posting about having it for years and everybody here was insulting me for it. It's true that there are very very few people with real anxiety issues in the world.

I remember a few years ago posting about how I was afraid to buy a car, and people were berating me and couldn't understand it. Even though I had the money, I didn't know what I was supposed to do with it, and if I'd have to talk to bank people, etc.
It makes me feel very pessimistic about how much a support group would help, since it seems like there aren't a whole lot of people who are actually like me.
>>
>>25946787
It's not a competition. Take off the victim hat.
>>
>>25942257
if you're in a support group or even getting therapy at all then your social anxiety isn't bad at all, and you should just stop being such fucking pussy.

too many people are confusing social anxiety with shyness and it pisses me the fuck off
>>
>>25946787
>>25946888
Anxiety isn't an on-off switch.
>>
if you have any friends irl or online (especially skype and steam) you don't have social anxiety you're just a shy cunt that needs to get the fuck out of this thread
>>
>>25946888
I was making it all up, it was a lie

My mom kind of forced me into therapy and did maybe 3 or 4 sessions before I just stopped going. The lady was telling me to sit on my hands to calm down.

now I have a bill of $300 dollars that will probably wreck my credit
>>
>>25943470
Just tell them you're asexual
>>
>>25946929
why the fuck are you quoting me retard
>>
>>25946972
If you have ever posted on r9k or even spoken to another human being or heard your own voice, you don't have social anxiety you're just a shy cunt that needs to get the fuck out of this thread
>>
>>25946972
I've tried to make friends online because I thought it would be easier. It's not.
>>
>>25947025
Because you think anxiety is binary. It's not. It's not "you have it or you don't". It's a spectrum. But you love playing the victim and anyone who isn't as bad-off as you is just pretending or faking it.
>>
>>25947030
>If you have ever posted on r9k or even spoken to another human being or heard your own voice

none of those reasons are even remotely the same

>4chan is an anonymous image board
>why the fuck would i be afraid of my own voice when i'm alone
>implying social anxiety == being mute

fuck off dumbass
>>
>>25942307
exactly
like those people claiming they're ugly and then they post pictures of themselves on the internet
>>
>>25947106
>implying you're putting yourself out there whatsoever if you add some internet random on skype or steam

fuck off le dumbass xDD
>>
File: Untitled.png (8KB, 548x193px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8KB, 548x193px
>>25947142
>>implying you're putting yourself out there whatsoever if you add some internet random on skype or steam

this is the exact rationality a person pretending to have social anxiety would have, thank you for proving my point dumbass xDD

also check pic related because you're so retarded that you don't even know what phobia means
>>
>>25947132
As someone who is both ugly and avoidant personality, these threads hurt me.

>"I'm so ugly I'll never find a girlfriend look at my ugly face!"
>posts a face that's way more attractive than me

>"I'm so socially anxious, I had to give a speech in front of class and got nervous!"
>I can't even talk on the phone

I know it doesn't matter who is worse off but fuck. It makes me feel like shit. Like, if these people can't be normal, how will I EVER be normal?
>>
Fuck off everyone in this thread, if you really were socially anxious, you wouldnt even consider posting here, even anonymously, because you would be afraid of having your opinion rejected
>>
>>25947269
4chan is one of the only places I feel comfortable discussing things because of its anonymity. I can be whoever. And if I say something dumb or embarrass myself, I can just avoid that thread and no one will even remember it.
>>
File: 1453315445260.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1453315445260.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>25947269
this is the most retarded post i've seen here all week
>>
>>25947242
right but the fear isn't FUCKING EVERYTHING

you're accusing people with social anxiety of lying because they don't have many MORE FEARS and problems than just social anxiety or agoraphobia

you're so retarded that you actually think your own special brand of autism applies completely to everybody with anxiety disorders
>>
File: image.gif (9KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
9KB, 100x100px
>have crippling social anxiety
>lied to my therapist/physician about my problems
>can't buy groceries with the fear of people touching me
>haven't been outside in 8 days

I wish I was born a normie
>>
>>25947430
why lie to your therapist? i know mental illness is irrational but they're only there to help. if you lie you're just wasting your time and money.

they can't help if you don't tell the truth, and if you don't feel comfortable telling them the truth, shop around until you find someone you can be honest and comfortable with
>>
>>25947413
if you can make friends and shit on steam and you're fine with talking to people on skype then your anxiety isn't bad at all and you should stop bitching about it and stop being such a fucking coward

i have EXTREME social anxiety, you see, it's actually bad enough that its ruined my life and i am unable to do any of those things. i have a right to complain, the other people with lesser social anxiety do not and that is why they need to FUCK OFF OUTTA HERE
>>
>>25947269
This, anyone who says different is reddit
>>
>>25947430
>can't buy groceries with the fear of people touching me

this is not social anxiety you brain damaged autism baby
>>
>>25947605
>can't order at restraunts
>family members called me autistic because I don't look them in the eye when talking to them
>couldn't present anything in school because it would become gibberish
>used to sit in the bathroom when it was lunch time in school

make it out as you will
>>
>>25947675
exactly my point these are all things an autist would do, not social anxiety.

there a difference between not being able to do something because you're retarded and your brain literally does not function and being unable to do something because you're deathly afraid of people judging you negatively

>>couldn't present anything in school because it would become gibberish

like this, i would literally just skip school on presentation days and take a zero i did not give a fuck there was no way i would go up there just to embarrass myself
>>
File: 1013624728585.jpg (40KB, 634x650px) Image search: [Google]
1013624728585.jpg
40KB, 634x650px
>>25947568
>stop being such a fucking coward
>i have EXTREME social anxiety
>i have a right to complain, the other people with lesser social anxiety do not and that is why they need to FUCK OFF OUTTA HERE

You can post angry, retarded messages like this on r9k but you can't let somebody sit on your steam friend list? I don't think anybody would call that social anxiety. You're some special form of retarded.
>>
>>25947760

>>>couldn't present anything in school because it would become gibberish

>like this, i would literally just skip school on presentation days and take a zero i did not give a fuck there was no way i would go up there just to embarrass myself

so just because he tried at some point to overcome his SA and you didn't means he doesn't have it?
>>
File: 1451099809864.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451099809864.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>25947769
>You can post angry, retarded messages like this on r9k

yup thats what this entire board is for, why the fuck would i be afraid of some assblasted neckbeard on an anonymous image board?

ANONYMOUS == NOBODY GIVES A FUCK

how is it so hard for you to grasp this concept? were you dropped on your head repeatedly as a child or what? is that why you're so retarded now?
>>
>>25947760
I am not an autist, I am a WFM in chess and I used to score really highly on every test any subject in took, whenever teacher said to get into groups I would panick
>>
>>25947856
>so just because he tried at some point to overcome his SA and you didn't means he doesn't have it?

you don't overcome social anxiety dumbass, that is if you actually have social anxiety at all and you're not just a shy cunt. if you actually have social anxiety then those negative experiences where you try and then fuck up will only reinforce your fears and make everything worse.
>>
>>25947880
>i am not an autist
>chess

????

>and I used to score really highly on every test any subject in took

people with assburgers are really smart yes

>whenever teacher said to get into groups I would panick

does not = social anxiety

its called being shy and literally everyone (yes even chad) has this to some degree
>>
>>25947858
>anonymous = nobody gives a fuck

How exactly is it any different than if you had a skype called "learning disabled aspie"? There are no permanent consequences. It's basically the same fucking thing, but you're afraid to talk to people on there?

You don't have social anxiety, you retarded faggot. You seriously have autism.
>>
>>25947935
why are you being an ass to me? I have social anxiety you, I can't be around other people because I am scared of them. why are you trying your hardest to tell me what I do and don't have
>>
File: 1452175431627.jpg (101KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452175431627.jpg
101KB, 600x600px
>>25947953
>How exactly is it any different than if you had a skype called "learning disabled aspie"?

online shit like skype, steam, facebook, whatever the fuck all give a sense of identity

4chan does not because it is an ANONYMOUS IMAGE BOARD (????!!!!!??????)

i could easily switch up my typing style and and you'd have no fucking clue if it were me or not, you are literally BRAIN DEAD if you cannot grasp this. i feel sorry for you man, must really SUCK being such an IDIOT.
>>
>too scared to call therapist
>look for social anxiety support groups
>find two nearby
>both will only give you their contact/meet-up info by phone
>>
>>25947997
>why are you being an ass to me?

your problems are lesser than mine and i hate you for it, simple as that.
>>
>>25948028
>I-I could switch up my typing style!!!!

everyone can tell a samefag. fuck off, nigger.
>>
>>25948105
>your problems are less than mine

>domestic abuse victim
>anorexic
>asthma
>probably somewhere on the autism spectrum
tell me your problems
>>
Bless you, OP. My psychiatrist has been trying to convince me to go to one and I was on the fence because I was worried it would be full of "le so quirky" people who treat mental illnesses like fashion accessories, and I would be the only one there with actual problems. Now I see I was right. If you've got a fucking fiance, how fucking dare you show up to a support group for SA? Clearly it's not affecting you at all.

Fuck normies. I can't fucking go outside, have no friends at all, and am so self- conscious that I think people are judging the way my shadow looks on the ground, and some fuckbag shows up with a good job and a fiance and has the fucking gall to claim he's got a problem with SA?

Honest to God we need another Biblical flood.
>>
File: 1449473175811.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1449473175811.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
>>25948131
this thread has 99 posts and 37 ip's, go ahead and point out all the samefags for me genius.
>>
File: 1412982928159.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1412982928159.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
>go to autism support group
>start to open front door
>not even shitting you: fedoras, autism shoes, MLP merch, naruto headbands, mom jeans, fingerless gloves, canes, etc.
>hear a nasally, giggling, voices shout "OF COURSE WE'RE ALL FRIENDS, YOU BAKA!"

D-Did I dodge a bullet?
>>
>>25948050
LMAO that shit is hilarious. Who decided to do that?
>>
The mental health system is a meme. just about everyone there (including the therapists) are norms (as evident by the fact that most patients and therapists are women). I think the true cases hide in the shadows, and either kill themselves or suffer quietly
>>
>>25947078
>social anxiety disorder
>>>>>>DISORDER
OF course everyone feels some social anxiety sometimes, but how many people are so affected by it to the point where they become dysfunctional? A very, very small number. Maybe you can understand why people who are legitimately affected by it would be fucking pissed off at others who aren't seriously affected by it at all, yet claim they have it to seem special and get attention. It's like going up to someone who just lost his legs and saying, "I know exactly how you feel. In high school I sprained my ankle and couldn't run for a week. We're buddies!"

It's fucking insulting and it makes it hurt even more than it already does.
>>
>>25948511
tell me your problems you normie, all of this big talk from a little man
>>
>>25942246

>If you have a problem and acknowledge it, how can you possibly get help?!

social anxiety doesn't mean a person doesn't struggle to try to get over it. A person with social anxiety can deliver a public speech, but they'll still be really nervous about it.
>>
File: IMG_20150827_084531.jpg (147KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150827_084531.jpg
147KB, 1024x768px
>>25948212
>therapist sends me to a young adults with special needs support group
>full of "otakus", who have only watched mainstream stuff
>2 girls who call themselfes vampires
>mlp shit everywhere
>during a break some people sat on the ground and played 3ds
I'm too autistic to be a normalfag, but not autistic enough to be that type of person, it feels fucking terrible to not be able to relate to anybody
>>
>>25947568
>if you can make friends and shit on steam and you're fine with talking to people on skype then your anxiety isn't bad at all and you should stop bitching about it and stop being such a fucking coward

you a strange guy pal.

I've definitely had "extreme" anxiety, no friends online or off.... until the last year when I started making serious attempts to overcome it.

Now I have a couple online people I talk to...

By your logic I could call you a fucking coward since you haven't tried hard enough to overcome it.
(I wouldn't do that though, because I know what it's like and that can take literally years of trying to find some small improvement... So just chill, OK? We're all at different levels, and even within the level of extremeness can be afraid of different things more than others. But in all our cases it's fucked over our lives, and we have that in common)
>>
File: 1451454784298.jpg (24KB, 820x559px) Image search: [Google]
1451454784298.jpg
24KB, 820x559px
>>25948212
You didn't just dodge a bullet.
You dodged the entire gun, a couple magazines, the holster and some fingerless gloves.
>>
File: kuroki4.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kuroki4.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>25948212
I choose not to believe this. You're probably telling the truth, but I choose for the sake of my own sanity not to believe this.
>>
Can someone have both aspergers AND social anxiety?
>>
>>25949298
Yes. You develop social anxiety.
>>
>>25941366
sounds like a good thing
>>
My anxiety caused me to become a shut-in at 16 and I'm still one now at 23. I've never had online friends and very few real life ones.
>>
>>25942607
Kill them and burn the house.
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.