[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of you who frequent reddit and 4chan equally or reddit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: reddit-logo-01-674x5011.jpg (42KB, 674x501px) Image search: [Google]
reddit-logo-01-674x5011.jpg
42KB, 674x501px
For those of you who frequent reddit and 4chan equally or reddit more so, can I ask a few questions?

Does the manner in which you post change depending on the site?
For example are you more worried about your image on reddit as there are user names there, do you speak more openly here?

Do you see a difference in 'culture' and behavior between the two?

Do you adapt to the culture depending on where you post, do you act neutrally on both sites or has one affected your posting habbits to the point you post in that manner everywhere?
>>
I only post on /r/4chan. I don't ever post on here.
>>
>>25938444
fucking weirdo
>>
>>25938416
I see Reddit more as a tool, the only times I post on that site is for discussion on my hobbies. I see this place as more of a general discussion, there I'm just trading info. I try to avoid the front page it's a wasteland, but I like the subreddit structure sometimes as a "hub". That being said the upvote system completely fucking ruins it most of the time because the top post will be some gay meta meme. To answer your question yes, because here I can call people niggers.
>>
>>25938416
If I ever use Reddit its for specific vidya community subreddits. Otherwise, why browse /r/anime when you could just go to /a/? The fags on reddit mostly just try to rip off chan culture anyway.

They also ban you if you hurt their feelings. Not a fan of that either.
>>
>>25938416
I started out here, on /b/, 7 or 8 years ago. I only shitpost here/post vitriolic replies. On Reddit I discuss things that interest me. I don't post epic 4chinz meems on Reddit, and I don't post Reddit memes on 4chan.
>>
>>25938416
>Does the manner in which you post change depending on the site?
>For example are you more worried about your image on reddit as there are user names there, do you speak more openly here?
No, I don't have a main account that I farm karma on, as it's so easy to make new accounts, you don't need to verify or even enter an e-mail.

>Do you see a difference in 'culture' and behavior between the two?
There's no one culture on reddit. There are subreddits that are "worse" than 4chan as far as edgy content goes.
If you are talking about the frontpage, or the main subreddits which I guess is what most people think of when they think reddit culture (fedoras and such), it's definitely milder and more liberal than 4chan.

>Do you adapt to the culture depending on where you post, do you act neutrally on both sites or has one affected your posting habbits to the point you post in that manner everywhere?
Not really, but I mostly post in niche subreddits that don't really have equivalents on 4chan. So it's not really comparable.
>>
File: 1453159684436.png (44KB, 300x217px) Image search: [Google]
1453159684436.png
44KB, 300x217px
>>25938416
I am more careful not to reveal my powerlevel or dox myself on reddit, since I'm leaving a trail. I change handles every year or so.
4chan has racists and shit, but half of it is shitposting and/or funny. Reddit has full-blown true believer redpillers, ratheists, gatekeeper geeks, etc. Beneath a thing barely-liberal veneer lies Reddit's white men first mentality.
>Do you adapt to the culture depending on where you post, do you act neutrally on both sites or has one affected your posting habbits to the point you post in that manner everywhere?
I troll more on Reddit because it's easier to rile up reactionary geeks there. I tend to be much more casual, chill, and friendly on 4chan.

REDDIT DELENDA EST.
>>
>>25938416
Reddit is way more organised than it is here.
It's also way easier to get your post noticed and get replies if you don't shitpost.
much easier to navigate and sift through content.

Also, people on here think reddit is cancerous because of the shitty default subs. just unsubscribe to them and find subreddits that interest you.
>>
I only post on /r/wallstreetbets which is like /r9k/ but with money. Same posting style.
>>
File: 1449116482291.jpg (35KB, 627x470px) Image search: [Google]
1449116482291.jpg
35KB, 627x470px
As someone who prefers traditional forums, I greatly dislike reddit because it stands as an affront to the wild-west style internet I learned to love. Shadow banning, complex sub-reddit bureaucracy, site wide censoring to shill a particular political agenda. That's not what the internet is about. I treat sites like reddit and facebook as if they were merely data aggregate sites.They display a list of links, I click on the one's I like, and occasionally engage with the community if need be, but I try not to linger there as much as possible.
>>
I only browse Reddit for the content. Their site culture fucking irritates me.
>>
>>25938889
"sub-reddit bureaucracy, site wide censoring to shill a particular political agenda"

shut the fuck up
>>
>>25938940
>not using memetext to quote
I think we all know where you're from.

>>25938889
that's unfortunate.
>>
File: 1450250093347.png (331KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
1450250093347.png
331KB, 599x449px
>>25938940
Reddit's pissed today. What's wrong? Have you been banned from your favorite sub because you accidentally used one of a long list of triggering keywords? Or did you post on a controversial part of the site and have your IP logged by the mods. Was your political opinion buried or flat out deleted in an effort to gentrify the page so it doesn't offend anyone?

Stay mad. Lurk moar.
>>
File: images2.jpg (15KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
images2.jpg
15KB, 230x219px
ITT: People in their way back to reddit
>>
>>25939167
>>25938889
>redditor conspiracy theories
Holy shit, go back to SubRedditCancer or KiA or wherever you came from.
>>
File: 1448397803848.jpg (70KB, 628x400px) Image search: [Google]
1448397803848.jpg
70KB, 628x400px
>>25939217
Typical redditor strategy. Ignore the truth, then label it as a conspiracy theory. I had to actually google those subreddits because I had no idea what they were. The fact that you even know what they are is just further evidence that you obviously don't belong here.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_vmOvfbg90&list=LLVxxz5FzHtKu4rCyxB7jhdQ&index=2

hello and welcome
>>
>>25938889
>As someone who prefers traditional forums, I greatly dislike reddit because it stands as an affront to the wild-west style internet I learned to love
I don't think you know what a 'traditional forum' is, because the early internet forums were heavily moderated by the service providers themselves and the 2000s forums would often be heavily moderated. Chans with laissez-faire moderation were a novel thing.
>>
>>25939167
>>25938996

fuck off /b/tards
>>
>>25938416
i lurk /r/degrassi for spoilers if that counts
>>
File: 1448810738948.png (398KB, 508x685px) Image search: [Google]
1448810738948.png
398KB, 508x685px
>>25938889
>>25938940
>>25939303

I've seen this argument before. Let me just nip this in the bud before it becomes retarded. What anon probably meant by 'traditional forum' is that he prefers the classic phpBB format where you'd have maybe a hundred or so people over the massive social media systems like you find today. Hence why he grouped facebook in with reddit, to anon they're one and the same.

Just a misunderstanding I'm sure.
>>
I don't miss those phbb forums which all have the same 8 animated smilies. I hate multiple smiley posting
>>
>>25939307
>2016
>still saying /b/tard

>>25938996 was right, you're not even trying
>>
File: 1361752798734.gif (97KB, 346x360px) Image search: [Google]
1361752798734.gif
97KB, 346x360px
On reddit I only post in niche interest places that don't exist on 4chan, so yes.

>For example are you more worried about your image on reddit as there are user names there, do you speak more openly here?
Sort of. Most of the things I say on reddit are fact-based, not opinion-based, but I am concerned about saying false things.

Niche reddit communities are really disparate and each has a unique culture, even more than each 4chan board. However, there is also the "default" reddit culture, which is basically all the worst regressive aspects of 4chan, minus any sense of humour, minus any self-awareness. It's the worst.

I'd much rather act like I'm on 4chan all the time because this site actually has real emotions beyond just meme regurgitation and maintaining a facade of a boring happy person.
>>
>>25939167
do you actually believe this happens when comments of literally just "fuck niggers" can reach quadruple digit upvote counts on default subreddits?

i swear to god the victim complexes you poltards have can be seen from space.
>>
>>25938416
How can you unironically use reddit? It's less interactive than facebook.
At least facebook doesn't make you wait 15 F I F T E E N MINUTES before you make another post

And there's this whole circlejerk culture thanks to the way comments work.
Sure it's easier to track, but all the attention goes to the longest post (as in replies) and usernames are like tripcode on steroids
Even on subs that hide "scores", you still can't have a nice discussion
>>
>>25938529
This is exactly what I do, and I don't even post there unless I see something worth commenting on.

The only other use I've ever had for reddit is fapping to the /gonewild/ boards, and I used it a bit for work a while back. (I worked for an car tuning shop and used to post on brand/model-specific reddit boards, both to advertise new stuff and just to build "good will" in the community by offering educated advice and stuff.
>>
File: 1389471943222.gif (162KB, 329x353px) Image search: [Google]
1389471943222.gif
162KB, 329x353px
I don't really use reddit a lot but I check a few subreddits like the GearVR and Gunpla sub.
My demeanor doesn't really change so I try not to post a lot because I know I can be a bit brash for normie places and I think the layout is complete shit but I've been temp banned from 4chan 10+ times so I guess I don't really play well with mods any way. I don't know though, When I ask a question or talk to someone on reddit, I feel like I need to watch what I say and it's like I'm back in the normie world where I hate everyone around me but I'm putting up with their shit so I can get help/info . Really not a fan of the upvote system either since a lot of comments get filtered out for not being part of the circle jerk although I've only seen that happen on big subs like the Pro wrestling sub
>>
I don't have a reddit account. I mostly just use it for news and some video game stuff. It's mostly a worse site than this one, because despite the memes and shitposting, people aren't as dumb here.
>>
File: 14 - Dried Cow Fetus Pepe.png (35KB, 1020x720px) Image search: [Google]
14 - Dried Cow Fetus Pepe.png
35KB, 1020x720px
>>25938444

Are you the fag who made dried cow fetus?
>>
>>25939965
Yeah it's retarded how have to wait for fucking ages to post if you get downvoted a lot or have low karma. Literally encourages circlejerking.
>>
>>25938514
I had a comment receive an aggregate score of -18 when I suggested OP take his guests to Amish country for a taste of "local food". Everyone else said pizza, Thai, tacos... In a small town in fucking rural Indiana.

Here, you have to actually communicate an opposing view, there you just click a button like a hipster chimp.
>>
>>25938416
I have like 3 posts on /r/4chan just for shits and giggles. I rarely ever use Reddit though. I have Tumblr just for art and animu shit thought pls no bully I hate trannies and niggers.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.