[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti-Depressants

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (8KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 288x216px
I'm not sure I believe my parents/teachers who say drugs are not the road to happiness. Sure, being a meth whore doesn't look too glamorous, but maybe in moderation, a small dose of a mild drug wouldn't be such a bad thing.

I am 35 years old and have tried everything else. I eat healthy (Fuhrman's diet paleofags, though I did that for a while too), take long walks, get small amounts of sun, take B12 supplements, do yoga, read books, play an instrument, have a decent albeit rather low paying job (but I have a small apartment and few possessions, another thing on the list, so I don't need a ton of cash) hang with a couple friends 2-3 times a week and go to counseling.

And... I'm just not happy. I tried a couple different religions (didn't care about those edgy atheist points, if I could trick myself into believing them, that's all that matters), but it just didn't click. I do volunteer work, and it doesn't make me feel anything. I don't care about poor people. I tried keeping journals and writing a memoir of my life, and it just made me want to shoot myself.

I don't identify with those people who have severe depression but then again nothing else is really working here. I haven't felt happy since I was 17, and if Zoloft or whatever can help me recapture that, so be it! Side effects be damned!

Anyway, what do you guys think? Should I do it? What's your experience, and what's the best drug?
>>
>>25933286
zoloft didn't make me feel better, but it did make my dick stop working

goodluck op
>>
>>25933286
>and writing a memoir of my life
LMAO! What a horrible idea for anyone on this board

What would you even write about?

>May 24
>Posted a picture of a frog
>>
Have you tried magnesium? it can be very effective for depression. 350-400mg a day of glycinate, serves over 300 biological functions in the body, most people are deficient.
>>
>>25933311
I'm not concerned about that. What does concern me is that I've heard people who take zoloft can't take a proper piss. Also, I hear it gives some people more of a flat mood as opposed to a happy one.
>>
>>25933354
don't be mean
people have written good books about stuff that would be boring, ordinary, day-to-day life
see ulysses for an example
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 307x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 307x320px
>>25933363
I'll look into senpai, thanks
>>
>>25933286
I have a ton of good advice for you, but tell me one thing first, because it's relevant;

are you male or female?
>>
>>25933389
pissing was fine
but cumming was extremely difficult and painful
its not good for your dick
as for the flat mood, im not sure. it didnt feel like it affected my mood that much at all. i had my dosage upped twice, but all that did was make the dick related side effects worse

obviously zoloft effects different people differently and my anecdotes are worthless
>>
>>25933418
Male Pham
>>
>>25933441
Alright well thanks for the info fampai
>>
>>25933478
i dont want to scare you out of trying it just because it messed with my dick
its not like you have anything to lose by trying it

after i stopped taking it, my dick went back to normal
>>
>>25933452

Stay away from all antideppresants at all costs, but especailly SSRI and SNRI's like Zoloft or Lexapro. Literally take anything else to make yourself feel better.

Men especially shouldn't be dulled into flat lined submission by a drug designed to take away the raw emotions that will cause you to take action in your life - to seek real change and accomplish real things.

Smoke week, drink alcohol, take benzo's, take drugs, lift weights, live and feel raw emotion - pain, anger, joy, take more risks.

If your shrink is dead set on prescribing you something, get xanax or klonopin for your anxiety and enjoy having your mood lifted
>>
>>25933520
RJ?
>>
>>25933286
It helped me completely. I am not sure about the side effects differences between male and females, but I don't see any harm in giving it a shot if monitored by a trained doctor/ shrink.
>>
File: 20160114_141209.jpg (2MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160114_141209.jpg
2MB, 2560x1536px
>>25933286
Nigger drug is the best drug.

weed is kinda an anti-depressant
>>
>>25933687
>weed is kinda an anti-depressant
Until you start smoking everyday and it only makes things worse
>>
Opioids op. If you never run out, you'll live in blissful apathy forever. Life on easy mode. If you run out though, you'll wish you were dead. And once you taste that forbidden fruit, life will never be the same. PAWS makes me want to die more than the acute withdrawal. All I have to look forward to is the 2 days a week I get some dope. I know I'll pick up a habit again, but who gives a fuck? Two years of that numbness has made sobriety worthless.

I recommend it because it stopped me from killing myself. But dopesickness will compound all the pain you avoided by 100x. Your choice op. Do you want a life free from pain as long as you got sweet misses morphine?

T. Junkie noddington
>>
>>25933721
this

i take a lot of codine OP, crazy amounts
do a CWE and you'll be sweet
i love taking it on a rainy sunday and sleeping in and waking up every few minutes feeling completely euphoric
>>
>>25933819
>>25933793
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9xS424fdSI
>>
>>25933721
Can't you say that for absolutely everything?

You want a real anti-depressant find a fulfilling hobby, I would be depressed af without my obsessions.
>>
Have you ever had your testosterone levels measured op? It doesn't get talked about much but low testosterone is a pretty common cause of depression, when I started taking a small dose of test each week my depression disappeared, confidence skyrocketed and I dont feel constantly tired anymore. Just be aware that the doctors might tell you you are in the normal range, but the normal range is ridiculously low, you could have the levels of an 80 year old and be considered normal.
>>
>>25933850
I started doing it at work now because i cant handle not having it
>>
>>25933286
I'm starting a MAOI soon. Pretty much as potent as ADs get. If this doesn't work it's ECT, or suicide.
>>
>>25933687
lol no.
it is a depressant you dumb fucker
>>
>>25933911
I hope you sweat it out.

I've lost a few friends to junk.Being dopesick hurts, but I miss my buddies.
>>
>>25933286
taking "drugs" is different than being of anti-depressants you sperg lord

take an SSRI, you'll feel better and get off this fagget board.
>>
>>25933721
i'm 14 and this is an anti-depressant xD
>>
>>25933971
I'm about to lose my job man, i cant go out anymore
im just in my own blissful world taking it
>>
>>25934055
That world's gonna crash, man.

I hope you're able to stay up as long as possible because you got hell to pay for it.
>>
>>25934074
im scared man
i wish i never tasted this beautiful world, i wish i could turn back the clock

is it really that hard to beat the addiction,
>>
>>25933955
How old are you
Why are you so stupid
And why are you such a jackass
>>
pretty bad depression here
I'm almost at my wit's end for things other than drugs to help me
things I've tried:

>exercise (i'm extremely fit, go to the gym most days)
>meditation
>magnesium
>vitamin D
>multivitamins
>fish oil
>having a perfect diet
>playing music and producing music

but it seems to be the opposites that actually do anything. the last times I've felt genuine happiness was doing these things

>alcohol
>weed
>benzos

I've fucking tried man. I've fucking tried the healthy way for four fucking years and it hasn't done a thing
>>
>>25934101
My cousin's ex said her only savior from the great come down was suboxone.
>>
>>25934121
Take actual ADs.
>>
>>25934129
i just took a dose man
i'm sorry for failing in this miserable world
goodbye, thank you for the beautiful chat
i love you
>>
>>25934101

Yes. I've been on suboxone, methadone, kicked like 30 times and been to 2 rehabs and one state run detox. I just can't stay clean. That fuzzy stumbly clumsy floaty numb apathetic feeling is impossible to escape. I'm only 18 and heroin already ruined me. I too, wish I could just go back. Never take those Vicodin after surgery, I didn't need to, the pain wasn't very bad. But I wanted that feeling more than anything cause it finally made me feel OK. You can't escape. Life is never the same.

Remember this post in 6 months when you do your first shot.

I hope you make it. But just remember, the dead junkies are the lucky ones. This life is hell with dashes of heaven, and you will never escape. No regrets and no turning back. Choose life, right?
>>
>>25933955
>>25934028

You guys should probably go watch anime or fap to loli or whatever you fags do.

>in b4 op said he doesn't have severe depression
>op is just being a lil bitch basically since he was 17
>>
>>25934148
Godspeed, anon. Pray you escape. I hate to bury another.

>>25934176
That's about the age the first of my buddies lost it, either through stupidity or through just plain apathy. Ended up dead in a shooting gallery. They just shoved him outside.

Know that at least someone has sympathy, anon.
>>
You are massively playing up the goodness of your life and decisions, you are also a bad, vain person
>>
File: spMvd.gif (884KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
spMvd.gif
884KB, 320x240px
>>25933354
they're called "manifestos" for the people here.
>>
File: LARGE PHOTOS_heroin.jpg (101KB, 701x468px) Image search: [Google]
LARGE PHOTOS_heroin.jpg
101KB, 701x468px
>>25933793
this.

just look this. don't you just want to bury your nose in this pile?

looks deliciously vinegary senpai
>>
>>25934503
Like you'll ever be happy again after you fall the fuck off the horse.
>>
File: avatar_3714.jpg (5KB, 100x126px) Image search: [Google]
5KB, 100x126px
>>25934539
exactly.

haven't been happy in years. ain't life grand?
>>
>>25934573
There's unhappiness and then there's living hell.

I'd rather be just slightly unhappy, even depressed for the rest of my life than ever realize how high euphoria actually goes and never be able to reach it again without a sniff.

Fuck that. The OP wants to know how to be happy, not how to annihilate himself.
>>
MAOIs.
>>
SSRIs just made me feel blank in an unpleasant way. Try tianeptine and/or pregnenelone. Meditation is the path through the general sense of dissatisfaction that pervades all forms, but it takes dedication.
>>
>>25934147
Like what you nigger
>>
>>25934712
see this, you silly man
>>25934652
>>
I take st. John's wort every day, smoke cigarettes, and drink coffee. Also, about once a week I get really wasted. Oh, and I exercise regularly, and have sex about once a day.
>>
>>25934620
Well said, do you write?
>>
>>25934735
Why do you visit /r9k/?
>>
>>25934735
Dude gtfo, that's honestly really disrespectful and douchey
>>
>>25934620
opium isnt really that bad as long as you use it in moderation and not be a junkie
>>
>>25933286
I started another new anti-depressant today. When the doctor was talking all I could think about is how my life can be chaptered by the different medications I've taken, and how after years I still haven't found one that helps at all. If drugs are the path you want to go down I wish you the best outcome, but for me I still feel as empty as I ever have, probably more
>>
>>25933286
Having done it for a few years now, I would agree with using whatever (short acting) drug makes you feel good. Personally I love opiates for depression, but if you're going to do that, keep it level around 30mg a day for the strong stuff for as long as you can it'll make it easier to come off if you need/want to. But if you want to go the legal route, prescriptions for benzos like Klonopin and Ambien are incredibly easy to get - at least in the U.S. and Amphetamines like Adderall and Vivance are pretty easy to get too.
>Act agitated/nervous
>Say you can't sleep
>Get prescription
>Crush, insufflate, and repeat until sadness goes away.
>Do this every day.

But if that's not for you, and you genuinely want to try anti-depressants, I would go with something like Effexor or Wellbutrin, since they're not SSRIs and they won't give you a limp dick. But I would stay on a relatively low dose: i.e. ~75mg for Effexor; not sure about Wellbutrin or Tryciclic anti-depressants. That way you'll get a little of the happiness boost without feeling like its only the drugs doing it. By the way, a low dose rather than a regular dose will actually increase your sexual stamina. But do therapy, and also try to get some benzos or Amphetamines to go with it, just so you'll have something to look forward to taking.
>>
>>25933354
>May 24
>Posted a picture of a frog

this made me lol out loud, thx u
>>
>>25934117
WHY DONT YOU SMOKE WEED ITS GOOD XDD 420 XD,
just fuck off with your shit faggot
>>
Anyone been on paroxetine? Just switched to it from Zoloft.
>>
>>25934875
It also takes ~2 to 4 weeks for anti-depressants to really start working, which is pretty fucking gay.
>>
>>25934745
Thanks, anon. Yes.

>>25934794
It's funny, people say that starting out and then their weekend habits start turning into daily bread.

There's absolutely no such thing as a moderate junk habit.
>>
>>25934886
can I guess what shoes you wear
>>
>>25934913
why are niggers obsessed with shoes,
hope you dont wear some 400 dollar screaming orange adidas shoes
>>
>>25934756
Eh, it's true. I deal with major depression, and I need constant positive stimuli to keep me going. I used to drink more, and do stimulants but the comedowns just tore me to shreds. There are always ways to get laid, and they increase life satisfaction on a very basic level. I know I'm supposed to assume everyone on here is a hopeless virgin. But I don't.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.