[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the general consensus on rum and coke

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: 542352345234523452345.png (109KB, 355x367px) Image search: [Google]
542352345234523452345.png
109KB, 355x367px
What's the general consensus on rum and coke
>>
I like sailor jerrys with Dr pepper
>>
>>25932402
If you don't drink hard liquor straight fromthe bottle then you are not a robot
>>
Because of this thread I am considering buying a bottle of rum and some coke.
>>
>>25932402
You drink your fucking liquor like a man.
Straight-no chaser
>>
>>25932402
It's the greatest drink
>>
>>25932446
This, I drink straight gin.
>>
Mixed drinks always taste like shit to me.

Chasing is always much nicer.
>>
>>25932402

Sugary, childish drink for teenagers, women, and omega males.
>>
>>25932402
classic mix the best kind of spirit as well
>>
>>25932402
It's great, but not as great as gin with grapefruit soda.
>>
>>25932402
Drinking is for faggots and drinking is disgusting.
>>
OBJECTIVE FACT: RUM AND COKE IS A DRINK FOR PLEB CHILDREN
>>
>>25932617
why do you actually care? only an autistic pretentious person would judge drinks other people have.
>muh scotch on the rocks
>manly like daddy tought me
>i actually like this
>im a hard man
if you were any sort of "manly" person you'd rather not give a rats ass about what you drink
>>
generic mixed drink that pretty much everyone likes and at worst they don't really care
>>
>>25932696

>making up a stupid fucking story because you've been BTFO and feel ashamed by your adolescent girl tier tastes
>>
>>25932446

White Russian is the obvious robot drink. It is the patron drink of creepy loners, weird uncles, and general wastes of space.
>>
>>25932768
>implying you would know at all
>implying anyone on r9k is even old enough to know
>>
With quality rum and some lime, it's amazing.
>>
>>25932764
you're just proving my point
only pretentious fags care about it and this is a perfect example
>>
>>25932839

>gets triggered
>makes up stupid story
>gets laughed at and called out for being a bitch and an idiot
>u r pretentious le maymay

Maybe a couple of glasses of your sweet girly drink will wash away the taste of your tears, you sad, estrogen ridden cunt
>>
>>25932896
you keep digging a hole for yourself here. you are giving me a text book example of the im manly stereotype. buying into the meme of altering your tastes from fear of judgement.

guys look how manly i am! ok no one in real lie actually cares at all... just drink what you enjoy
>>
>>25932402
I like to drink captain with Mexican coke in those glass bottles.

I drank straight shots of everclear before with no chaser so I don't need to prove my "manliness" anymore.
>>
Rum and Apple juice.
Whisky and Ginger.
Or just some ale like Hobgoblin.
>>
>>25932402
I prefer spiced rum, personally. Any rum but coconut rum, and never mixed. Why do mixed when you can just do a shot and a chaser? Mix it in ya mouth
>>
>>25932982
>Rum and Apple juice.

Actually sounds like an interesting combination.

Mom recently made hot apple cider with cinnamon and whiskey. Shit was so cash, entire family loved it.
>>
I'm a gin and tonic guy when I'm picking the drink myself or making it myself. Honestly I don't care, most things taste good. I feel there's more in just being you than fitting a certain stereotype to be manly.

If you like straight whisky than drink straight whisky. If you like margaritas then drink margaritas.
>>
It's alright. Not as good as bourbon and coke though.
>>
>>25932446
Vodka with ice and a lemon slice
>>
>>25932471
same, it tastes horrid though
>>
>>25932402

i get a double shot of bacardi 151 on the rocks it burns so good
>>
>>25933256
why though it has no flavor but alcohol i never know why people waste money on vodka when they can just buy a flavored drink
>>
>>25933256
Muh nigga, this is my go to drink
>>25933470
Thats the point, less sugar also means less severe hangovers, and it doesn't have the disgusting taste of alcohol
>>
>>25933506
it does have a dissgusting taste of alcohol though just no actual flavor. it's like drinking plain motor oil. in rums you can taste the alcohol a bit as well but at least it has a nice flavor
>>
From Chicachicaree to Mona's Isle
Native girls all dance and smile
Help soldier celebrate his leave
Make every day like New Year's Eve

Drinkin' rum and Coca-Cola
Go down Point Koomahnah
Both mother and daughter
Workin' for the Yankee dollar

10/10 drink, would get drunk on before banging savages
>>
>>25932402
Alcohol is for normies and degenerates
>>
whisky on the rocks or with ginger ale and lime

rum and coke with a lime

extra dry beer
>>
File: naruto tommy.png (55KB, 406x377px) Image search: [Google]
naruto tommy.png
55KB, 406x377px
>>25933174
ah man that sounds amazing. wish i had some whiskey right now
>>
>>25932446
Drinking is a normie habit
Fuck off
>>
>>25932402

Good combo. Be careful with very high sugar cola. It might make you fucking aggressive if you have low/high blood sugar issues. I would recommend coke zero for anyone with these issues.
>>
Rum and coke delicious.

Whiskey coke delicious

Vodka coke gross
>>
>not drinking vodka straight from the bottle
fucking amateurs
>>
My usual drink is an old fashioned, it's easy and a little more palatable than drinking cheap bourbon straight. Spoonfull of sugar, a few shakes of bitters, a 1:1 mix of bourbon and water on top, drop in some ice and stir it up.

>>25933470
>>25933533
Try Russian Standard. It's reasonably cheap and actually tastes decent.
>>
>>25934501

If you want something smooth...

Double Jameson with three blocks of ice in a tumbler glass. Just be careful with this if go to fast you will become so drunk you will lose your balance and coordination. No one likes the stuttering loud drunk kid who usually was quiet and reserved.
>>
Rum & Cokes are good with Mexican Coke or another real sugar cola.

I find them disgusting when made with corn syrup-sweetened or diet sodas, though, the natural sugar in the rum clashes with the fake stuff in the cola.
>>
>>25932402
French here: it's the drink of adolescents, man-childs, cheap fucks and and the default option in shitty bars/clubs.
All around disgusting family.
>>
rum is gross but vodka is worse
>>
>>25934578
This actually makes me curious, what cocktails/drinks in general are popular over there?

Rum and Coke is kind of the same way here in the US, as is Jack and Coke. My bro manchild coworkers pretty much always order them when we go to bars. Anything with Jager is kind of in the same category too.

The big trend in Los Angeles lately has been classic cocktails, especially whiskey and bourbon ones. I think a lot of it is because Downtown LA, which was a total shithole for the last 30 years or so, has recently been redeveloped and become full of wealthy young people, and tons of bars have been opening up in classic 1920s-30s buildings, so they serve drinks that fit the style of the bar.
>>
>>25934661
Funny it's about the same in Paris with lots of places trying to get that "elite gentleman drinking club" vibe and serving cocktails.
Lots of bobos in those of course but to be honest the drinks are fantastic and it's quite incredible to see the amount of work that goes in the preparation of a good cocktail.

So you've got your variations of Old Fashioned, Mojitos, and all the common stuff and more delicious things like in these places:
www dot timeout dot fr/paris/bar/experimental-cocktail-club
www dot cafejosephine dot fr/menu

Of course beer also feature prominently as a an everyday choice but the king of all drinks, IMHO, remains wine of which we have infinite variations here.
>>
>>25934785
Yeah, seems pretty similar to here. I guess culture is pretty globalized these days.

I need to go back to France, I lived there when I was very young but haven't visited since I was 10 or so. (And I'm 30 now.)
>>
>>25934796
Ha cool, do that man, I'm sure you'll have many more worthwhile experiences as an adult, drinking here being one of them.
I've been to the US for the first time last year visiting my girlfriend and look forward to go back this summer!
>>
>>25932402
It's good, rum alone is better
>>
File: 00060497.0001.png (30KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
00060497.0001.png
30KB, 150x150px
>>25932402
2/10 its ok

2bh if you actually care what people think of you when you order a drink, you should not be ordering that drink. Either you don't have the necessary moxie to order it, or you're gonna take one sip of it and throw up immediately. Or both. Ever have a long island iced tea? It's like four shots of booze. Or a cosmo? It's more sour than any candy you've ever had in your life.

Drink whatever you want, if you actually give a shit what others think of your drink, you are a shitter and a noob and should get one of your more experienced friends lmao robutts having friends to introduce you to typical booze-a-hols.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.