For the last 20 or so days I've been eating nothing but Progresso soups for breakfast lunch and dinner.
Am I going to die or are they healthy?
If you're poor why don't you buy cheap food instead of that expensive soup? Go buy chicken bullion cubes, a sack of potatoes, a sack of onions, some black pepper, a few carrots uncut carrots, and a few whole chickens. This will cost you the same and you can make a fuck ton of soup. Also make potato leak soup. Buy bulk rice and beans. Learn to cook and stop falling for the grocery jew meme.
>buys premade shit at a huge markup
People like you deserve it honestly. For the price of progresso soups every day you could have bought the past, meat and vegetables to make real fucking soups for a portion of the cost.
Nah, this type of poorfag is usually a complete retard who isn't able to do anything like that. Obviously it would be a fuckton cheaper, but retarded poorfags are gonna keep buying frozen meals at $5 a pop because it's cheaper at first glance.
So I looked it up and most of the soups are 200 calories per can. You're seriously telling me you can comfortably live off of 600 calories a day? That's about 5 times less than what I try to eat. Multiple you're fucking $1.60 by 5 and you could afford to make a big pot of actual soup.
As someone who is dirt poor himself, let me give you a few pointers:
- Invest in a slow cooker. Bags of dry beans and rice are maybe a dollar a pound. You can make a lot of meals out of these. Pinto beans and brown rice are a good combination.
- Peanut butter is a great source of protein, and generic brands should be just over a dollar a jar. Stock up on this shit.
- Milk is more affordable and has a longer shelf life in powered form. You can keep it on the shelf and just take out what you need when you need it. It tastes about the same as skim milk.
- Vegetarian is the way to go. Meat is overpriced. You can get more calories from plant-based sources on a cheaper budget. No, you aren't going to starve. Some vegetarians have lived 90+ years.
- Cheap mac and cheese product. Most grocers should have generic brands for less than a dollar a box. Of course, they probably taste like shit.
- Instant oats should be affordable, and can make several meals. Cheap cereals as well.
Take a hint from the Irish: you can live forever on just potatoes, oatmeal, and milk. And you don't need much milk, which is the only expensive item. I'd wager than you'd eat better, eat more, and have a much more nutritious diet if you ate potatoes at every meal, supplemented by a little oatmeal and milk. Potatoes are incredibly versatile, taste good, are easy to make, and are very cheap. The Irish lived on that diet for about four centuries until the Potato Famine.