[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is social anxiety simply just immaturity and self-absorption?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_mjwkbnIMgH1qmf2zwo1_1280.png (31KB, 667x848px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjwkbnIMgH1qmf2zwo1_1280.png
31KB, 667x848px
is social anxiety simply just immaturity and self-absorption? if people realized others don't judge them that harshly, we wouldn't feel such a deep pressure to do and say everything perfectly or to be a special snowflake.
>>
>>25919529
Nah that's the normie version similar to how OCD has been corrupted. Real social anxiety is panic attacks, nausea etc from social situations, like an overwhelming sense of dread from little things like the noises people make when eating, breathing noises. It's not really about feeling judged just an intense reaction to little social norms.
>>
to be honest it comes from growing up with parents who you had a dysfunctional relationship with

you're meant to grow up feeling you can trust your parents, but too many people grow up with parents who scream at them or hit them or judge them over every little thing or think they're too incompetent and need everything done for them, so as an adult you feel deep down everyone else will be like that
>>
>>25919529
Anxiety is first and foremost characterized by the panic attacks but many people with social anxiety rationalize it with not wanting to bother others. Even if you convince them other wise the panic attacks would still happen no matter how mentally prepared.

The desire to be perfect or a special snowflake is not anxiety.
>>
>>25919709

why do so many people on tumblr have "panic disorder" and try really hard to be special snowflakes?
>>
>>25919529
You're wrong though, people do judge people harshly. You learn this growing with a harsh and negative father.
>>
>>25919884
I wonder if in the past if there was ever a trend of people self diagnosing mental issues.
>>
>no panic attacks
>diagnosed anxiety but feel like i don't really have it because no panic attacks.
>almost completely socially dysfunctional
>doesn't matter, no panic attacks.
>>
File: n9O2B4B.jpg (144KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
n9O2B4B.jpg
144KB, 1600x900px
>>25919920
I find myself being friends primarily with people who are not judgemental because of narcissistic parent shit and they're the people who seem to be honest with you. Well and then I make friends with their friends who are as much of losers as me so full circle.
>>
>>25919529
ive found out the opposite, people judge me much more harshly than i initially thought

im a degenerate who creeps on girls tho, so i might be an exception
>>
>>25919529
>if people realized others don't judge them that harshly

From experience, you don't just randomly start thinking people are insulting you and trying to humiliate you for no reason. It happens a lot and it feels pretty horrible and that causes an onset of agoraphobia.
>>
>>25920187
No I'm pretty close to being a normie and most everyone who isn't attracted or sees you as a person who is attractive to others feels no reason to be nice to you
>>
>>25919608
>like an overwhelming sense of dread from little things like the noises people make when eating, breathing noises
wrong disorder, thats misophonia
>>
>>25919608
As someone with social anxiety, your right about almost all of that except panic attacks, the only people I've known to get them are stupid overly emotional teenage girls.
>>
>>25919529
I think it can be easily misinterpreted as self-absorption, but where it strays is that it's an obsessive form of it, not induced, but a natural progression from someone's inferiority complex or passiveness. Self-absorption gives it a flavor of active-aggression that I don't feel properly describes it
>>
i'm not sure if i have social anxiety, or if i have no social skills and as a rational response to that feel terrible in social situations (like being put behind the controls of a speeding train coming up to the end of the track with no idea what to do)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.