[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loneliness.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 2Fcmcnjkh0c.jpg (82KB, 434x604px) Image search: [Google]
2Fcmcnjkh0c.jpg
82KB, 434x604px
Anyone here gone through their life so alone that they're okay with it? I'm not talking about just putting up with it because you are alone and thinking you're 'fine'.

Even after climbing out of depression to an extent I still don't like being with people, can't be bothered to make friends and don't pay attention to women / relationships.

Being miserable, edgy, cynical and so on in the past defined me even after years of change, experience, education and adjustment.

Being alone while boring sometimes is just okay, no large benefits or downsides. You do things alone, deal with problems alone, and on the rare occasions feel good alone. Even sharing personal things or people caring about me has become bizarre and pointless, sometimes even a burden because I'm expected to care about them caring.
>>
We can adapt to anything.
>>
>>25916817
whats goingg on in this picture
>>
File: -3Ljp5RrtWM.jpg (77KB, 455x604px) Image search: [Google]
-3Ljp5RrtWM.jpg
77KB, 455x604px
>>25916841
I don't think I can agree with that for people are quite plastic.

As well as I did not adapt to loneliness. I was always alone, I just became okay with it over the years.
>>
I have been alone for most of my life, and can pretty much conclusively say I will be alone for the foreseeable future. It is almost liberating to be free from the tethers of relationships. I realize this may sound like sour grapes, and perhaps it is, but there are benefits to being alone. I only have to consider myself when I make decisions, and I do not have to worry about how to provide for anyone except myself. When I'm asked where I'll be in 10 years, I don't have to think, I can just honestly answer that I'll be doing whatever I want. I will never marry, which is both a curse and a blessing. I may never experience love and comfort, but then again, my income is now mine and mine alone.

Life has a lot more to it than relationships and people. To live on this earth is a gift that can be shared, but it is better if it is a gift you keep to yourself, because your life will feel longer and more fulfilled.
>>
>>25916933
>became okay with it over the years

AKA adapting
>>
File: 3-GnQ2jrXns.jpg (73KB, 446x604px) Image search: [Google]
3-GnQ2jrXns.jpg
73KB, 446x604px
>>25917265
that's not much of a point. Even when I was not okay with it you can label it as adapting, just not in a positive way.
>>
>>25917396
>Even when I was not okay with it you can label it as adapting

na
>>
>>25916817
>>25916933
>>25917396
Those pictures, what are they?
>>
I ve been alone for about a year after a five year relationship that went south and she isolated me from friends. Basically everyone was content to watch me beg for a friendship again, so I said fuck it, nothing was really lost. Just stay home and lift and pretend I know how to play guitar while I watch the world continue on outside my house.
>>
File: stuff.jpg (75KB, 470x426px) Image search: [Google]
stuff.jpg
75KB, 470x426px
>>25917555
Collection of drawings from various artists and schools.

>>25917836
Do you have any friends at all? If not then do you feel lonely, if you do how do you deal with it?
>>
>>25917893
I feel lonely all the time. I used to have a personal attachment to my car, because it was some form of denial (think will Smith with the mannequins in I am legend) but I reached out to an old friend a month ago. She proceeded to lead me on and go hang out with other people. Reaffirmed my lack of trust in people. Mostly, I'd say have something to do with your hands. Legos help, and who's gonna judge that shit if you're alone?
>>
File: 1352150354176.jpg (93KB, 807x410px) Image search: [Google]
1352150354176.jpg
93KB, 807x410px
>>25918007
Seems you're just distracting yourself and not living the loner life, anon. If you're normally social reach out again with different people, you know what's possible now so there's no need to be on guard, it will just be less of an impact if it does happen again. Meanwhile you can enjoy those genuine moments of friendships and relationships again.

I can't sympathize much since I'm talking about a different form of loneliness in the OP.
>>
>>25918051
I suppose I didn't clarify. I don't see any value in human contact anymore. My small town of 10,000 or so is all the same. I actually own a house here, so moving is difficult. One day I'll try again, but I still don't want to get jerked around again for trying to be social
>>
File: 1418013130095.jpg (305KB, 710x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1418013130095.jpg
305KB, 710x1166px
I've always been alone. I don't need close relationships or anyone to help me with my problems but It still bothers me when I feel like sharing something good with someone but there is no one to share it with. I just wish I had one person who could say, "Hey you know that thing you like, I like it too."
>>
I've never liked or wanted to be with people. I don't even know what the heck "loneliness" is supposed to feel like? How can one not enjoy being alone? Other people are so annoying to be around, it really drains me. Everytime my mother leaves the apartment I feel a sigh of relief overcoming and thinking "finally alone again"

I've also never been depressed, I don't get that shit either

Overall I can't relate to OP because it's clear he felt loneliness at some point but now just decided to stop giving a fuck wheras I never gave a single fuck to begin with and always actively sought to isolate myself because that's how I prefer it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.