[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey g uys can you help me identify this mushroom? i wanted to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Photo0243.jpg (103KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Photo0243.jpg
103KB, 1600x1200px
Hey g uys can you help me identify this mushroom?
i wanted to pick it up only to find some nigger tearing it apart, he's a big guy and has a flesh-like feel to it.

pic related, GB for size refrence.
>>
and here it is flipped upside down.

is there anyway for me to save him?
or at least regrow it, it's obviously genetically blessed, as it's one of the biggest mushrooms i've ever seen.
>>
File: Photo0244.jpg (153KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Photo0244.jpg
153KB, 1600x1200px
>>25916050
forgot pic by mistake forgive me robot overlord
>>
>>25916035
what gameboy game do you have inside that sucker?
>>
You won't get high
>>
There is a saying when testing mushrooms to get high "if it's blue it's true" the psylocybin in the mushroom will bruise blue it it's a good mushroom. Google this for details please.
>>
>>25916084
mario vs donkey kong

>>25916118
>>25916158

don't want to get high , just want a qt mushroom in my room.

seems like the most robot-tier plant to grow
>>
>>25916188
Mushrooms aren't plants, friend
and your OP made no sense
>>
>>25916188
Mushrooms are a fungus. And I think cacti are more robot.
>>
>>25916035
OP FUCK DON'T BEND IT OR BREAK IT. IT'LL RELEASE TOXIC SPORES. THAT'S THE MOST TOXIC TYPE IN NORTH AMERICA. PICK IT UP WITH PAPER AND THROW IT OUTSIDE.

AND WASH YOUR HANDS THOROUGHLY.

I'M SERIOUS RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>25916050
>is there anyway for me to save him?
nope
even with the stalk attached mushrooms don't work like that - they have an underground root network (mycelium if you're interested) which is the actual living part

since it's still fresh there will still be spores in the gills. if you press it between two sheets of paper and let it sit for a day or two you'll have a spore print that you could use to grow more of these mushrooms (will have similar genetics to the original) since you want to
>at least regrow it, it's obviously genetically blessed, as it's one of the biggest mushrooms i've ever seen.

you have to be really clean and sterilise everything well with mushrooms though so it depends on whether you think it's worth the hassle

alternatively you could just go outside and find a damp log or some woodchips or something and flick the cap so the spores fall out and hope for the best
>>
File: Photo0246.jpg (156KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Photo0246.jpg
156KB, 1600x1200px
>>25916274
lol not anywhere near america so i doubt it's the same speicies, but thanks for the warning.

>>25916297
will try that, placed it on some soil so hopefully it will drop it's spores there and grow or something.
>>
>>25916035
OP
It's an agaricus species.
It is difficult to get specific unless you mention what type of substrate you found it eating / growing on and where you are geographically.

Also different mushrooms like different food (substrate), 99.9% chance that mushroom won't grow out of that dirt you put it in.
>>
>>25916274
Also this dude is full of shit, afaik there is no mushroom so toxic it can't be handled.
As long as you don't ingest whatever random fungi you come across you will be fine.
>>
>>25916494
i found it in a garden all alone with nothing around it but soil around it and a little patch of grass.

how long should i keep it in there before losing all hope? a month?

if it doesn't grow i may get me a cactus.

thanks a lot mang
>>
>talking to cute girl at new job
>ask about her intrests
>she says "tv,movies,videogames,normiestuff.jpg".
>"oh thats cool ive been really interested in mycology lately I think its so interesting how fungus survives."
>she blankly stares at me and says "okay."
screw you too bitch, Ill be alone with my books if you want to have a real conversation.
>>
>>25916630
give her a death cap pizza next time you see her.
>>
>>25916630
There are bio chicks that would love you don't worry anon. Just keep at it, from one aspiring mycologist to another.

>>25916579
Still hard to say as far as specific species goes. I mean keep it in that dirt as long as youd like but perhaps it'd be fun to rip the cap into a few chunks and put a piece of each chunk on to different substrates (eg some wood chips, some rice, that dirt) see what happens.
>>
>>25916630
my biology professor was a qt3.14 and she loved mushrooms, I live near a forest and would always find amanitas and liberty caps and bring them to her. She'd give me the amanitas back but keep the liberty caps.

I wish I had been more talkative because we probably could've tripped mushrooms together :(
>>
>>25916579
grow a peruvian torch, those are ez pz to grow and make you trip. San pedro is fun too, but they take longer to mature, bridgesseli is similar to torch in terms of growing but the trips are weak.
>>
>>25917821
I'm so envious....I would imagine a trip with a professor could get interesting.

I don't blame her either amanitad are gnarly and I only know a few people that actually eat them recreationally or otherwise, liberty caps sound like a good time though. Never managed to find them around here only cyanescens.
>>
Any1 have some good reads? I've been reading a lot about mycorhyzae lately. Wikipedia is good but doesn't go into depth. Don't have money for textbooks right now.
>>
>>25917894
See if you can find a pdf of mushrooms demistifyed.
It's meant for north America but many of the species listed can be found in Europe and there's some good identification info in there as well.
I hear all that the rain brings and more is a good one as well.

Bump for interest.
>>
File: mushroom-morph.jpg (534KB, 1474x2203px) Image search: [Google]
mushroom-morph.jpg
534KB, 1474x2203px
If you guys ever identify with dichotomous keys I've found this image helpful it's from the book mushrooms demistifyed
>>
>>25919492
i'm gonna start describing my dick using this terminology
>>
>>25919492
what am i looking at in the last row
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.