[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily /worthless degree/ thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 23

File: wfhub.jpg (70KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
wfhub.jpg
70KB, 600x420px
who /worthless degree/ here

I fell for the physics degree meme and now I need to go back to uni for my teaching diploma because I'm completely unemployable.
>>
File: 1345.jpg (29KB, 599x591px) Image search: [Google]
1345.jpg
29KB, 599x591px
>creative writing degree
>got it knowing full-well how useless it would be but hoping I could make the transition to teach
>was banking on the fact that my social anxiety would clear up in college
>it's gotten way worse instead
>30k in student loans
>can't even go outside
>22 years old
I always knew I would kill myself, I just didn't think it would be so soon.
>>
>>25914637
>want to teach
>get a creative writing degree instead of a degree that could turn into a teaching gig like English

Why
>>
>>25914484
Music grad here

I work in a private school and we scalp parents of spoiled kids 60euro and hour.

Im geting 700 a week with hardly any work, feels good
>>
>>25914484
never studied anything and I work at shit posting and watching anime.
and no, I'm not a NEET, just a sys admin.
>>
>>25914484
Is physics really a worthless degree? Does it only lead to being a physics teacher?
>>
OP is a bad troll. Physics is one of the most versatile and useful degrees out there.
>>
>>25914484
I also fell for Physics meme. The only way you can break this curse is either you are exceptionally good with science or you're a Chad who has a large network with professors and teachers in your faculty.
>>
Bus. Management. Entirely worthless unless you have good social skills and networking, which I don't.
>>
>>25914637
I'm 30 and recently returned to uni to study creative writing. I'm just using it to improve existing skills and network though.
>>
>>25914484

Philosophy here.

Strongly considering French Foreign Legion
>>
>>25914484
I'm in med school
I don't think I'll make a good doctor
people will die because of me
>>
>crim justice
>every police interview I get passed up because I'm out of shape and I'm always surrounded by military chads

worse decision of my life
>>
Philosophy

Enjoyed the course and have a good job now. I use some of the skills I learned on the course but it wasn't at all unnecessary and I had to do further qualifications anyway.
>>
>>25914744
It should really help with your short stories and poetry, anon.
I sent you an email, [email protected], right?
>>
>>25914780
meant to say necessary*
>>
>>25914484
I fell really bad for dropping out of my physics degree, I've finally got my life back on track but academically I'm fucked. Now I don't know what to do
>>
>>25914744
You're fine then, family, because it'll definitely do both of those things. My prose improved tenfold, I got my first publication, and despite being silent in class and avoiding everyone I even became friends with one of my professors, who tried to hook me up with internships at various lit mags. I had to decline because it was too scary, but if you're not a retard like me then you really shouldn't have any trouble.
>>
>>25914765
I'll never understand how people can actually become doctors. How are they comfortable with people entrusting their lives to them? How do they deal with fucking up (as I'm sure no one has a 100% success rate)? Fuck that shit, man.
>>
>>25914765

Go army maybe?

At least you get to do cool shit.

Maybe secret service torturer or interrogator?
>>
>>25914841

Most surgeons and butchers are clinical psycopahts.

They dont give a fuck, they're just in for the money and status
>>
>>25914827
I started and didn't finish a creative writing years ago. One student was encouraged by a teacher to submit his manuscripts to a publisher friend, got a multi book deal for his young adult series.
Another student from my class ended up becoming quite a big deal winning a few young writer awards and getting his debut novel published at 25. Hasn't been a notable novel but he got a grant almost immediately after that to write the next one and he'd be getting paid from the publishing deal. I can't imagine a better existence than being able to live off my writing.
>>
File: download (9).jpg (6KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
6KB, 224x224px
>>25914484
Just join the NEET life
>>
>>25914484
>>25914692
>>25914729
I have a physics degree and have a comfy $150k a year job.
>>
I'm a freshman in uni, and I'm worried that my electric engineering degree will be worthless because over saturation in the market. I guess I could learn mandarin and that would help me...
>>
>>25914893

No degree will grant you anything.

It's what you make out of it.

Start working by yourself with what you learn in uni, that's the most important part.
>>
>>25914827
>I got my first publication

What was it and did anything come from it?
>>
File: 1444831288128.jpg (28KB, 396x384px) Image search: [Google]
1444831288128.jpg
28KB, 396x384px
>>25914884
you don't JOIN the NEET life; the NEET life forces you into it.
>>
>>25914484
I don't think I'm going to be able to get an internship should I stop studying accounting
>>
>have two worthless degrees - cultural studies and business admin (focus on entrepreneurship/small business)
>no network.
>All my ideas for small businesses are shit.
>Poor as fuck
>work as a stockboy and cashier
>have held this position for five years
>too lazy/unmotivated to find job
>>
>>25914922

So you blame your lack of wits, lazyness and lack of will to the degrees you studied?
>>
>>25914857

> most.

cough bullshit
>>
>>25914922
>Lazy, dumb cunts like this have two degrees

Haha makes me hate uni graduates even more.
>>
>>25914932
Nah. It's the other way around, if anything. I was too lazy to try something harder than business, so I went with easy degrees. That, and I apparently love wasting my time and money

>>25914951
At least I have a job and I'm not leeching autismbucks
>>
>>25915031
>At least I have a job and I'm not leeching autismbucks

Neither am I, been gainfully employed for the last 8 years. Narcissism withstanding I'm still much smarter than 90% of college graduates I come across and it makes me hate them.

I hate myself more for being a depressed drunkard who never finished but still, pains me that society puts them on a higher echelon than me.
>>
Wew lad! Why don't you fuck the English degree thread in the ass and have an armless/legless baby?? Better yet, kill yourself.
>>
>>25914932
How fucking dumb are you normies? DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?
>>
Film and Media here, now going for teaching diploma because it's the only thing you can do with it.
>>
How are th e job prospects for a nursing degree?

21 year old 10 hour day construction worker
>>
>>25915072
You and me both brother
>>
>>25914484
same here bro except chemistry degree. gonna try teaching English in Japan lol
>>
>>25915072
>Film and Media

Damn nigga you shot yourself in the foot with that one
>>
>>25914484
I got an EE degree , they told me id easily find a 60,000 a year job with it , what they didn't tell me is without a GPA above 3.0 and connections it is essentially a worthless piece of paper.
>>
File: 800px-Biff_Tannen_Donald_Trump.jpg (48KB, 800x469px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Biff_Tannen_Donald_Trump.jpg
48KB, 800x469px
>>25914669
A friend of mine did the same. He was already a skilled clarinet and all he did during school was partying and fucking chicks.

After he got the job, he got an online masters degree in business and now he is the principle of the school... at 31!
>>
>>25914484
Is a physics degree really that bad?
tfw desu i was planning on doing that
>>
>>25915050
>Neither am I, been gainfully employed for the last 8 years

Good on you, man.

I hate the "education means you are smarter" meme. More specifically, I hate the "lack of an education means you're dumb" meme. The smartest people I know lack a college education.
>>
>>25915072
Third. Except mine is called Cinema and Audiovisual.
And i live in a third world country.
What the hell was I thinking
>>
>>25914922
>cultural studies

wtf is this?
>>
>>25915089
>>25915101
>>25915152

Did all of you intend to end up a feature film director when you graduated?
>>
>>25915166
I just like movies
>>
>>25914857
Most is a blatant lie, most are just normal people that have been trained so that they're more disconnected while doing surgery, as you'd need to be. It's why no hospital would let a surgeon operate on their own family, or on someone they knew, because they're not able to maintain that impartiality then.

There is an abnormal amount of psychopathic types in surgery though, sure.
>>
>>25915166
Yes.
I already had in mind my oscar acceptance speech and how my movie would change the history of my country cinema.
What
The
Hell
Was
i
THINKING?!!!
>>
>>25915215
Whats your favourite director? And movie?
Mine is Bergman's Cries and Whispers.
>>
>>25915162
At my university, it's basically anthropology, sociology, and folklore thrown in one degree. It's more or less the same at other universities, but with other related disciplines thrown in (history, English, archaeology, etc).

I admit it's low tier, but I studied it because I found it interesting
>>
>tfw /sci/ and /r9k/ told me pursuing my pure math degree was a meme
>tfw you all actively tried to discourage me from following my passion
>tfw even my parents tried to tell me to do engineering or at least more applied math
>tfw you were all wrong
>tfw met my first gf in my topology class junior year and lost my virginity to her
>tfw got a comfy excel monkey job making $55k a year right out of school (my first job ever too, no internships or anything)
>tfw got the job because I had a class with the department chair, did really well, and she wrote me an amazing letter of recommendation, didn't even really network or anything

Fuck you all, your memes are toxic and almost prevented me from learning what I love and making decent money and getting a gf.
>>
>>25915239
I do love a bit of Bergman but my favourite director is Tarkovsky. My guilty pleasure is Wes Anderson and my favorite movie right now is probably moonrise Kingdom
>>
>>25914692
Any degree becomes worthless when you're a robot and sperg out in interviews
>>
I just graduated a History major. Now I'm applying for grad med school, taking the test in a month. Wish me luck friends.
>>
>>25915083
Great if you like cleaning up shit and being abused by patients. My girlfriend had to quit her job at a nursing home because the women there harassed her.
>>
>>25914707
Go on any online job posting website and try searching the keyword "physics" .

Now, try to find an ad for a job that doesn't require "expert proficiency" in 6 different programming languages, and X many years of work experience. The only jobs that will be left are tutoring and teaching jobs for 13 bucks an hour, most of them still require teaching certifications.

Now do the same for Biology, Math, and Chemistry. Hopefully this should help clear up any misconceptions you had in the value of a STEM degree.
>>
>>25915260
>gets cozy with department chair
>didn't network.
Pick at most one.
>>
>>25915142
Physics is a very good degree to have. You're just being trolled by liberal arts majors.
>>
>>25915166
The same as every chem grad intends to end up being a ground breaking scientist, or every engineering grad a rocket scientist?
Is your whole life this binary?
>>
>>25915260
The anti pure maths degree is mostly just letting people know it's not a "any job you want 300k starting" degree like those shitty old memes said. If you love something, and there's anyway you could possibly live off it, you should do it.
>>
>>25915260
Good for you man, you did college the right way. you got on good terms with a few people not a big network but a good one. thats how you do college and get jobs. robots don't understand that, they don't look for people to get them letters of recommendation, they don't look for internships during their time getting their degree, they just get the degree and hope it will land them the job.
>>
>>25915280
That's strange, I have no problem finding jobs after a quick search for physics. And besides, if you have a physics degree, you are kind of expected to know how to program.

Hint: just because an ad doesn't say physics directly doesn't mean it won't be applicable.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (170KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
170KB, 1280x720px
>tfw want to teach
>tfw live in Ireland
>tfw the education jobs market over here is so over-saturated that I would probably end up unemployed

I have 3 cousins, all Chads, all with MASTERS in their various fields (Chemistry, Maths, English) and a teaching diploma and they've been working as bartenders and salesmen since they left college
>>
Pretty much any degree will be useless without social skills, contacts and networking, so we're fucked whatever we get.
>>
>>25915262
Bergman's favourite director was tarkovsky, curiously. Never really watched many of his movies, apart the mirror and Offret. I remember watching it when I was only 12. It was quite a shock.
>>
>>25915369
Watch some of his more mainstream stuff like stalker and solaris, some prety good stuff.
>>
>>25915291
I don't think all expect that, just confident a majority do. In this instance two thirds did.
>>
>>25915262
>my favorite movie right now is probably moonrise Kingdom

Why?
>>
>>25915166
Nah, never intended to. I just went for the degree because I liked movies and I wanted to go to university with my only 3 friends rather than lose them and be friendless.
>>
>>25915401
I just think it's charming and very visually appealing. I also like Edward Norton and Bill Murray a lot.
>>
>>25915429
it didn't have any other degrees that you could have taken?
>>
>I have a worthless degree

No you're an autist who never made any connections, never went for an internship, never studied and you sperg out in interviews.

You're worthless. Not your degree.
>>
>>25915474
Phew. Thanks senpai. Thought I might have erred taking this women's studies degree.
>>
>>25914484
no you fell for the "degree" meme. The connections you make are more important than the degree you earn. nepotism >actual merit
>>
>>25915511
This.

A thousand times. For centuries "not what you know but who know" has been a mantra. Now we have thousands of dumbasses whose narcissistic boomer parents told their children they were special clueless as to why they have no job when they're so awesome and have the same degree literally thousands of other mediocre people do.
>>
>>25914841
I don't think its as bad as you make it out to be.

Most patient's that clinicians see are generally people who are already dieing (elderly) or have abused their body in some way (smoking, diet).

I act (and probably other clinicians) on the idea that we are stopping or slowing down an inevitable process. If some dude comes in having a heart attack and we try to help him, unless I knew him or his family I have very little remorse for something which was already is largely out of my grasp.

Even in an emergency where some kid comes in mashed by some car. Yes I have the ability to help and perhaps save them but I understand that car breaking his body is likely a greater influence then myself trying to fix his body.

The only example I can see where remorse can come into play is with routine procedures were some girl is put to sleep but dies because of some freak bleed or anaesthetic toxicity. Another factor is if you go to the ran over kid and you have no idea what you doing and make a poor attempt at saving a life, rather than a good one which is ineffective anyway.
>>
>>25914841
I see the appeal of being a doctor, but the amount of work required, both to get the degree and to get decent pay out of the job isn't worth it.
It makes you feel powerful and trusted.
The human body is also a really interesting system.
>>
>>25915441
Probably but they didn't interest me.
>>
>>25914860
Same here. I don't wanna get to Rowling or GRRM levels of fame or get a movie deal or get rich off books. I just wanna be able to complete a series, some people buy it, some people like it, get some nice money on the side, maybe I still need another job, but at least the writing pays.

The thing you gotta look out for when it comes to connections with writing degrees is people willing to abuse ghost writers in turn for getting a guaranteed published novel. Google Full Fathom Five and Google James Frey. The shit they do.

Give some young person the dream, good money, published series of novel, young adult audience that are the easiest to eat that shit up and buy merch, movie deal talks, all under this nice controlling contract that they can't get out of.
>>
I went to a 2 year Community College to be a 'computer technician'. I currently make 70k/year, and had a job lined up before i graduated. All of the evidence I have seen suggests that Community College is a way better deal than University.
>>
I got a biology degree. It's come up a bunch of times in interviews, but it only ever mattered for a handful of them. It's not entirely useless, but it's mostly useless.
>>
>>25915865
Teach me your ways, anon pls
>>
>>25915142
It's a great degree, but it's less enjoyable if you are not passionate about science. If you are interested enough to read about it and follow scientific developments in your spare time, you'll be fine. I wasn't and just went for physics because "problem solving" - wish I'd done comp sci desu
>>
>>25914484
all degrees are worthless for jobs idk what you were thinking.

>>25916047
>mfw got a microbiology tech position without even showing my diploma, then kept getting promoted/hired elsewhere without ever needing it either
>>
Mass Communication with focus on Journalism

Worst decision ever. I had to teach myself how to do video editing and marketing after college so I could find work. It's actually not hard to find a marketing job, but the pay is almost always terrible. At least I'm working now.
>>
Who /worthless degree if you don't go to grad, med, or law school/ here? It's arguably worse because you have to do another 4-10 years for the chance of being successful. I'm in mathematics, the only jobs for bachelors are in teaching.
>>
>>25914780
tell us about the job famololita
>>
>>25916083
Yeah I figured that about my bio degree as well. It might be different if you are applying to a government/university position or something, but industry people never ask to see a degree, or at least, not that I have seen.
>>
File: 1323214925002.jpg (29KB, 333x477px) Image search: [Google]
1323214925002.jpg
29KB, 333x477px
>got accounting degree because i didnt give a fuck and just wanted to make money
>get paid $40/hour to f5 4chan all day
>>
>>25916241
Accounting would be way to fucking stressful for me. You scan screw up so much with just some wrong button presses.
>>
>>25915260

>$55k
>good

kek. you're manager can't even foil and probably makes twice as much as you
>>
>>25914755
Philosophy is great to learn. Not employable. But so good for a person
>>
Is biology a good degree or not robots? It's the only thing I like.
>>
>>25916259

Its just numbers on a screen. Its not like planes are going to fall out of the sky if you fuck up.
>>
who /too stupid for math/ here?
>>
>>25914737
What the fuck do you do with that?
>>
>>25916332
You may not have an affinity for math anon but I don't think you're too stupid, in fact most people I bet aren't and are just too intimidated by it or unwilling to really practice it.
>>
>>25916389
>in fact most people I bet aren't and are just too intimidated by it or unwilling to really practice it.
This. Unless you are doing real math, as in proving all math we know from the ground up like math students do, it's very doable.
>>
>>25915124
What's it like being friends with a clarinet?
>>
>>25916289
biologist here. well, college was fun. And I'd like to work as a biologist... but if you don't plan to bekome a shitty payed PHD and beeing unemployed afterwards... welll... you'll need luck I guess. But if you go for like bioinformatiy (if cou actually can code), you'll have more opportunities
>>
>>25916241
bachelors? associates? CPA?

?
>>
File: 1451710078298s.jpg (2KB, 125x78px) Image search: [Google]
1451710078298s.jpg
2KB, 125x78px
>tfw 22
>tfw I never have gone to college in my life
>tfw wanted to get some type of mechanic engineering degree(anything really)
>tfw most admissions are closed so I would probably have to wait to 2017 to enter to any college
>tfw most eng degrees are around 5-6 years in my third world shithole

Fuck me bros I just feel like fucking dying I don't like working minimum wage jobs but going to college seems like such a fucking drag by the time I get out I will be like 30, not to mention I haven't studied or read a fucking book in ages so my brain is dumb as it can be right now.

Anyone have that image of how to kill yourself with helium gas?
>>
>>25916260
Outside the internet 55k is really good fucking money for one person. christ not everyone is a fucking CEO
>>
>>25916241
Do you have a throwaway email address? I have some questions regarding accounting sir.
>>
>>25915114
>GPA above 3.0
1. Most people consider that a shit GPA
2. It's completely attainable even with completely minimal effort.
3. I have a 3.2 (which is also shit) and have no job offers either.
>>
>>25916613
It depends on your uni. Some universities adopted measures to combat grade inflation.

For example the uni I attended would bell curve all course averages down to a 2.0-2.2. They were more lenient with 3rd and 4th year classes but the course averages would still correspond to a GPA of at best 2.7, or a B-.

Sometimes it would be a lot lower too.

I remember the course average gpa in my calculus II class was a 1.3, and this was the calculus class for the computer science and math majors only. The course was thought by a world renowned number theorist so none of the school admins gave a fuck that half the class failed. Managed to get a B- in the course but that still looks like shite to anyone looking at my transcripts.
>>
>>25916289
If you can get into med school, it's great. Otherwise it's one of the worst undergrad degrees you could possibly have.
>>
>>25916260
Do I really give a shit though? No, not at all. I don't need $100k+ to be happy, the money pays the rent on a decent place, pay off my loans, and buy some shit every now and again. And when I get done with work, I can come home, study a bit more for pleasure and get closer to my goal of proving some new theorem, no matter how insignificant. And my gf supports me all the way through it. After all these years, I have all I need and pretty much all I want.
>>
>>25915098
Chemistry is in very high demand all around the world, only a cuck could fail to get a job with a Chemistry degree.
>>
File: 1453201916417.jpg (32KB, 388x379px) Image search: [Google]
1453201916417.jpg
32KB, 388x379px
>>25914484
Network Engineering
&
Software Engineering

>tfw you fall for the STEM meme.
>>
File: photo.png (78KB, 412x410px) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
78KB, 412x410px
>not going to school to acquire skills to run your own business

Some one is gota do the employing, all of you just want a comfy job and make 100k a year doing nothing.
>>
>degree in business (econ major) because no idea wtf i wanted to do
>internet claimed econ had good job prospects with decent pay
>couldnt get an internship for shit
>eventually managed to land a web design /database admin job because i learbed html, css, php, and Javascript as a high schooler
>make $15/hr designing stupid sites and managing the databases

what would you guys do in my situation??? i went to a high ranked uni (#1 in the state for public)
>>
>>25914484
10yrs college experience (4 of them in business management)

Can't get promoted because I'm not related to anyone important.

Looking around for another job as we speak, but prospects here are low and I'm too poor to move away at the moment.
>>
>>25915329

I kinda know that feel, Anon.

>wanted to be a history teacher
>the history teacher program in my country is THE most popular one and theres already a surplus of history teachers
>the program with the best job prospects is the preschool one

Not exactly my dream and theres the fucking pedo thing. But if I wanna work with kids, I'll just have to deal.
>>
>>25914484
bachelor of science in math
state university, 3.8 gpa
make $35k/yr doing manual labor in a factory

currently working 12 days on, 2 days off. shifts rotate every 12 days from 6:30 am to 2:30 pm; 2:30 pm to 10:30 pm; 10:30 pm to 6:30 am.

going back to school for my masters in accounting in the fall semester. if i wasnt id literally flip a coin. heads: kill myself. tails: join the military.
>>
File: 804.jpg (97KB, 646x774px) Image search: [Google]
804.jpg
97KB, 646x774px
>>25918315
I could use some one like you.

But firm ain't making money yet.
Anyways I need some one to watch my back end wile I'm out looking for clients.

If your in northern cali drop me your email.
[email protected]
>>
>>25914765
>>25918997
i was a med student for exactly 6 months. memorizing hundreds of powerpoint slides all day every day was worse than working this wageslave factory job. no idea how you put up with that shit.
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (26KB, 530x309px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
26KB, 530x309px
>went to military for free college money
>forget that I'm a complete retard who hates himself and everything
>smoke weed because /innaband and I constantly think of offing myself
>get caught and tried in court-martial
>spend month in jail
>can't support self after military (general discharge, not honorable means I was pretty much never there/no benefits)
>move home with rents
>rekindle friendship with childhood friend
>move to other side of state
>try to find job, still nothing after months of grinding (no honorable discharge means I have to dodge questions about my time in the service, so employers never even look twice at my resume.)

>mfw even if I had a degree, I'd still be a worthless NEET who only serves to make himself look like a retard to anyone who has ever mattered to him and to hurt those around him.
>>
>>25915223
>It's why no hospital would let a surgeon operate on their own family, or on someone they knew
what are you talking about? it happens all the time

t. med student
>>
>>25919044
1 in 10 doctors is said to develop either a problem with alcohol or a problem with drugs. For the rest it's just not a problem.
>>
Is biochemistry a good degree? I hope to get a masters and work in pharmaceuticals or genetics but reading this makes me wonder if I'll eve get a job.
>>
>>25916613
Eh, it depends on your school and your major. In the Northeast where we have a lot of research engineering schools, a 3.0 is pretty golden
>>
Computer science to be honest familia
>>
>>25919630
anesthesiologists getting high af during the goddam surgery
>>
>>25919179

>falling for the weed is harmless meme
>>
File: 1453263169785.png (121KB, 250x418px) Image search: [Google]
1453263169785.png
121KB, 250x418px
>Cybersecurity

Am I good brobots?
>>
>>25920234
Youll be fine

Most probably
>>
File: d42g4.jpg (108KB, 1070x898px) Image search: [Google]
d42g4.jpg
108KB, 1070x898px
I kept seeing this pic posted every few weeks. (pic related)

kek at people who fell for meme degrees.

Just kek at people who believed there was a demand for STEM degree holders.
>>
>>25920959
my roomate is about to graduate with a chemical engineering degree and i have a job and he can't get one. kek. my job is mediocre though
>>
>>25921092
He needs to do something to help him stand out. The market is pretty saturated with engineers at this point.
>>
>>25914765
Good or bad, you'll kill some dudes either way.
>>
Is there anything I can get a degree in that makes it very likely to get employed somewhere?

I've never worked before so if I go to uni I need that shit to mean something.
>>
>>25915083
I'm a nurse. It's very very easy to get w job but getting a good job takes time and patience. I worked in some crappy settings like a nursing home and a psych ward. Now I work in public health and t is great but the hiring process took about 8 months. I'm also 21.
>>
File: 123.jpg (157KB, 946x727px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
157KB, 946x727px
>Economics major
>One year of study left
>Never worked a day in my life

How fucked am I?
>>
>wanna go back to school
>scared of wasting time and money
>don't want to get useless degree or drop out again because i hate myself
What do I do, anons? Every degree is a meme degree from the looks of things.
>>
File: 1448453903618.jpg (554KB, 969x915px) Image search: [Google]
1448453903618.jpg
554KB, 969x915px
i fell for the scam too

took an 8mo program for welding, thought id be making 300k a year...only making 200k...

fml
>>
>>25924368
What's with these econcucks posting these graphs all the time.

No one is impressed by these charts. I doubt econ is harder than Engineering, CS, physics or any other quantitative STEM subject.
>>
File: 888.jpg (17KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
888.jpg
17KB, 500x545px
>literally have class with a fat self-proclaimed communist dyke with pink hair who thinks she's smarter than the professor
>uses leftist jargon where every ordinary statement like "we should discuss that" has to be expressed like "i just think we need to move into that conceptual sphere"
>tfw praying so hard that a bomb explodes in the room
>tfw no bomb comes
>>
>journalism
>graduating in may
>didnt get any internships

i wish i could join the fucking army or something to get out of this rat race
>>
File: 1394137866814.gif (265KB, 258x250px) Image search: [Google]
1394137866814.gif
265KB, 258x250px
Public administration.

All I have is a lot of SL debt.

Thinking about killing myself. I also hate the field and want to cry when I think about it.
>>
>carpentry trade
>work when I want for as long as I want
>satisfaction of completing something you can see, touch, and use
>$45 an hour
Uni plebs gonna pleb
>>
>>25926137
Whittle me a fuck to give
>>
>>25914484
>graduated last December with a BA in Zoology
>been a NEET for over a month and still no luck finding a job
>>
File: 1443300777660.gif (206KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
1443300777660.gif
206KB, 525x525px
>>25925994

>take class with manlet that dresses like a bing bang theory character
>keeps using memes like "he accidentally the whole thing," "that totally made me rage," "that gave me feels," and several others that i cant remember because it was a couple of semesters ago
>everyone laughs when he makes a shitty meme joke
>fantasize about punching him in the back of the head and telling him to shut up everyday
>professor is on laptop while we're taking the final
>the guy tells the professor that he should go on 4chan if he wants to see something really crazy

he's like 22 or 23 or something. how does an adult act like a 13 year old that discovered /b/ last summer
>>
I dropped out of uni in my third year, I'm now a technical copywriter and want to die
>>
File: 1451414484797.jpg (114KB, 659x536px) Image search: [Google]
1451414484797.jpg
114KB, 659x536px
I was one of the best students in my class, especially at math, so I went to Ohio State and tried to get a mechanical engineering degree. Now that I have at best Cs in all related courses I've realized that my high school is full of a bunch of retards which is how I was able to get into the top 10. And most of them went to college too, I can't even imagine how many lives have been fucked up by le college meme.
>>
>>25919179
>>get caught and tried in court-martial
>America: The post

t. dutchman
>>
reminded me of this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304096/Graduate-physics-PhD-31-fell-death-block-flats-taking-job-centre-qualified-for.html
>>
>>25924368
>How fucked am I?
i was in the same situation. i got a job doing web design because i learned to code in my free time. i guess my degree said i wasn't a lazy retard but none of the skills i used from school actually are used on the job

you should try to get an internship desu, even working for free. work experience is important because you're getting a degree in something that isn't a career, but rather a field of study
>>
>>25916241
>Dont have accounting degree
>Get a job as an accounting assistant
>Constantly buried in work, most of which I have no idea how to do

Where the fuck can you just lurk 4chan all day?
>>
File: 1450025256088.jpg (95KB, 1031x713px) Image search: [Google]
1450025256088.jpg
95KB, 1031x713px
what did you think you could do with a physics degree besides teach?

i guess it could be useful with some sort of engineering because engineers actually do something.
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.