[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any 80HD anons out there?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1449633449201.gif (820KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1449633449201.gif
820KB, 680x510px
>tfw have had ADHD since as long as I can remember
>got shitty grades, even though I knew I could always do better
>"You're just fucking lazy"
>"You can play video games for hours, but can't do homework?"
>"quit making excuses and blaming your problems on your fake disorder!"
>get super critical of myself
>get depression
>no medicine on earth worked for me

My mom still always said I was a very smart kid. She was the only one who, regardless, said I could be anything I wanted to be.
Sorry for disappointing you, mom
>>
>>25906613
ADHD is code for parents never taught you discipline.
Plain and simple. see how you're blaming other things (anything but yourself) for your lack of discipline and pretending medicine is going to give it to you?
>>
>>25906686
no, adult ADD actually entails a cognitive difference in the brain. this is why amphetamines, personally, for me have worked in motivating me to get things done. I used to have terrible grades until I was put on them in 11th grade, when suddenly my marks shot up to from failing to straight As because of the increased motivation and easier focus it gave me.

ADD deniers are more awful than helpful. Even the most disciplined person with ADD-PI perform worse than people without it.

ADD also gives you an increased ability to improvise. I have the natural ability to improvise music, which many people I notice simply cannot do, or require some sort of training to do so.

http://www.addrc.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/HighIQAdults.pdf

and read this as well
>>
>ADHD
>real
>not just the big gub pathologizing the natural human behavior that is not giving a shit about things that aren't personally relevant to you
>not just the big gub trying to make people feel bad for failing to be drone-trained correctly

Top kekeroo
>"You can play video games for hours, but can't do homework?"
See, no ADHD there.

>"quit making excuses and blaming your problems on your fake disorder!"
Shh anon it's okay. The excuse isn't that you have ADHD, the excuse is that the modern public education system is bullshit
>>
>>25906894
add is an actual difference in cognition though

google ADD brain scans
>>
>>25906832
see
>>25906894

Everyone is like that. Like a lot.

You have no idea the motivation it takes me to get to work every day.
It's hard. Really hard. You're just lazy so you take a pill for it.

I just want to be comfy all day and dance around and sex women and eat animals I kill that are walking around and shit.
>>
>>25906961
nah dude, I fucking hate work

I have to stand around with these retarded niggas that are like 30 years older than me chainsmoking all day while I do all this gay ass manual shit when I could be at home getting good at something I actually give a fuck about

as a working person, I constantly felt like a piece of shit with no other skills than fucking lifting shit

but if you don't work and you spend all that time practicing some shit you care about, you get good at something and feel good about having a skill that isn't retarded
>>
>>25906961
>>25907040
also

>you're just lazy

what dude? you know that like, "laziness" depends on your brain's reward centers and the more dopamine your brain produces the more "motivation" you'll generally have. some people have fucked up neurotransmitters that produce less dopamine so they will have less motivation, and other people have fucked up neurotransmitters that overproduce dopamine so they'll become your typical "overachievers"
>>
I always wanted to get tested for ADHD because I've always felt that I may have it. I was shit in school and my teachers would always say I was lazy. My dad would always slap the side of my head everyone he would try to help me with my homework because I legitimately was not understanding what I was looking at. If someone is talking to me and I hear another voice,my ears will go to the other thing. I also forget things super easy, if I take out a bowl for ice cream and walk back to my room, I'll completely forget that I took it out until someone reminds me. I'm not trying to find a blame, I just want any questions to be put to rest

>tfw my sister has dyslexia and I'm red/green color-blind
>>
>>25907105
>believing the shit people selling medicine are telling you

shig
>>
>>25907126
no dude, this is an actual thing I notice

when I take amphetamines, doing productive shit feels really fucking good, so I have a reason to keep on doing it

when I'm off the meds, I don't get any sort of mental "reward" for doing the shit, so I don't do it because it's annoying and tedious
>>
>>25906686
>>25906894
>>25906961

>nobody here has researched ADHD
>all these assumptions

I would explain this shit to you, but you probably wouldn't care to understand. The problem is that you compare someone's inability to do something because of ADHD, to your own experience of what laziness is.

>>25907126
What else am I supposed to do? Try harder to not be retarded? I have had that said to me countless times, even though I have been.
>>
>>25906613
Anon, I feel you.

They studied me as a toddler and said I was a gifted child. I'm nothing exceptional, but now I can barely pay attention in a lecture and because my attention span is so short my memory is shot. Holding a conversation is a struggle.

>>25907182

I thought that was just depression. I'm diagnosed bipolar, and now I'm starting to get on ADD meds (Vyvanse).

I just want to feel alive. Everything is in a haze, like a perpetual daydream that I can't snap out of.
>>
>>25907182
That's what amphetamines do idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqMvBCdctXw
>>
>>25907352
Not specifically amphetamines, but stimulants in general.

They also fuck your head up in the long run.
>>
>>25907352
Actually, amphetamine releases tons of dopamine, which your brain will associate with whatever activity you are concurrently doing.

People with ADHD have a hard time sustaining focus on an activity, before they switch over to doing something else out of boredom.

But with the dopamine being released, they can continue to do an activity and receive consistent "reward" (in the form of dopamine) for doing it. Where normally the dopamine would slow down and they'd be forced to switch to a different activity.

This causes ADHD people to constantly switch activities in pursuit of the "novelty" reward of doing a different activity.
>>
>>25906686
>blaming other things (anything but yourself)

Oh, anon. If only that was even close to accurate.
>>
>>25907530
>needing drugs to be motivated

There's no such thing as ADHD. It's just poorly raised, weak, lazy, and annoying people either looking for excuses themselves or being "diagnosed" by parents and teachers who don't want to deal with their annoying asses. Dr. Shekelstein pumps them full of speed to treat their "mental illness".
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.