[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why not accept Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (237KB, 741x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237KB, 741x1024px
Why not accept Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior anon?

>he loved all equally
>was the ultimate human, and robot, until his last breath he purposefully lived a perfect life and remained a virgin.
>shunned all materialistic gains, wageslaving or hoarding gold

Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble".
>>
>>25877201
My mom's pretty Catholic. Jesus was pretty awesome.

Still have no faith in him being God though. Although even historians agree that Jesus was real and so was a lot of the shit he did. That trips me out a bit.
>>
>>25877201
Because Jesus always had God by his side. God isn't with everyone. Jesus walked on water, turned water into wine and multiplied bread because God was always with him. He did not die during his 40 day fast because of God.
>>
File: Papacy.png (362KB, 800x1085px) Image search: [Google]
Papacy.png
362KB, 800x1085px
>>25877201
I already did friend
>inb4 Protestant meme posting
>>
>>25877219
Which historians are you looking at? Because most would say the opposite. There are no primary sources saying he existed (Read: Verifiable, first hand account talking about jesus).
Everything talking about him was written hundreds of years after his supposed death.
And don't even bother with "muh bible". Filled with inconsistency relating to jesus between the 4 main gospel writers, can't be taken seriously.
>>
because I'm too much of a fedora/kike
and if Jesus was really a robot as you say, he probably wouldn't even want to be worshiped
>>
>>25877270
I think N.T. Wright is one of them. Anyway, I can't seem to care enough to even do the research myself about it. Hence my first post.

Being a moral person is something everyone with a conscience knows how to do. I don't need religion to do that.
>>
File: greenpill.png (75KB, 561x215px) Image search: [Google]
greenpill.png
75KB, 561x215px
>>25877201
>was the ultimate human, and robot, until his last breath he purposefully lived a perfect life and remained a virgin
Sophia was his consort
>>
I tried when I was younger. He didn't get rid of doubt so I guess he doesn't exist. Also getting the bible and science to coexist peacefully is too bothersome. Also logic says the arguments for agnostic atheism are better.
>>
>>25877301
People are going to shit on you for naming an ex-bishop, but the fact that he's an Anglican and believes Christ existed is amazing. Bart Ehrman is an atheist scholar who's written about Christ's existence a lot though
>>
>>25877337
Oh wow, a guy whos based his entire career around the new testament says jesus existed. Also a former evangelical christian. Totally not biased at all.
>>
File: r9kinquisition.jpg (300KB, 997x759px) Image search: [Google]
r9kinquisition.jpg
300KB, 997x759px
Hey, when is the Inquisition finally gonna stop the normies?

>tfw asking unironically
>>
>>25877407
I'll trust him over you
>>
>>25877415
Sorry friend the Protestant reformation and enlightenment already got rid of that possibility
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 360x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 360x450px
>>25877233
God is with you whether you accept him or not, Christs love is everlasting.

You are not the son of God, don't expect to much anon.
>>
File: Cigoli,_san_francesco.jpg (105KB, 924x1244px) Image search: [Google]
Cigoli,_san_francesco.jpg
105KB, 924x1244px
>>25877549
The reformation was a mistake tbhl.
>>
>>25877788
>The reformation was the worst event in western history
Fixed for you lad
>>
File: 1379212821188.jpg (50KB, 295x188px) Image search: [Google]
1379212821188.jpg
50KB, 295x188px
>>25877201
You guys can't seriously believe Jesus is up in space watching over you.
>>
>he loved all equally

I'm a tranny that grew up in a Christian household and you're wrong.
>>
>>25877884
No I don't
t. Christian
>>
>>25877407
I think that's how history works though. Each historian specializes.
>>
>>25877812
Funny way of spelling

> French Revolution
>>
>>25877948
The reformation led to that lad
>>
>>25877908
>he fell for the equality sjw meme
the body is a temple and you desecrated it.

he showed compassion to sinners. that doesn't mean you should openly decide to sin.
>>
File: 1382565428460.png (91KB, 620x406px) Image search: [Google]
1382565428460.png
91KB, 620x406px
>>25877921
then where is Jesus? I thought you believe that he "ascended into heaven body and soul", right?
>>
>>25878003
God transcends the universe
Are you autistic by any chance? That's the only explanation for why you think that means he's orbiting Jupiter with a big telescope in Christian theology
>>
>>25878041
In the bible it literally says Jesus ascended into heaven, are you denying that happened or do you think it's a metaphor?

If it is a metaphor, how much of the NT is metaphorical and how much is literal?

>God transcends the universe
that doesn't answer my question at all
>>
File: feelsgood_trump.png (295KB, 383x441px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood_trump.png
295KB, 383x441px
I'm not of Christian background and I literally can't take Jesus seriously.

>dude claims he's god
>people believe him
>>
>>25878107
Heaven isn't outer space m80
Heaven is outside the universe
>>
>>25878152
>Heaven is outside the universe
where in the bible does it say this? Did God come down and tell you this, or is this just some unfalsifiable bs?

Also, that doesn't explain why Jesus "ascended", it's not the only time this happened in the Bible either. Do you think because we discovered space people stopped taking that so seriously, so now they just moved to the next unfalsifiable step of saying "he exists OUTSIDE OF THE UNIVERSE"?

It seems that way to me.
>>
>>25878242
>Do you think because we discovered space
I'm not going to argue with a legit retard
>>
>>25877201
>Why not accept Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior anon?
That would require faith.
Something which I don't have.
If you could find a system that did not require faith then maybe I would consider your offer.
>>
>>25877908
You made the choice to sin, and your parents punished you for it. You're mentally ill anon, seek Jesus, he does not hate you for what you did, but he will guide you forward.

Don't mistake your parents hate, for that of Christ.

>>25878152
This is correct. It doesn't say anywhere in the bible that space is heaven. Heaven isn't a place of material or physical being, it's not somewhere you can just pick up a pair of binoculars and point too. Heaven, and God are both above what humans are able to perceive.
>>
>>25878152
For some reason when scrolling by I though that said outer heaven.

Now wondering if any MGS characters are/were Christian.
>>
>>25877263
same except protestant

i don't believe the major schisms in christianity preclude salvation

>inb4 heresyposting
>>
>>25878272
That's nice to avoid answering the question under pretense of my mental health, but it sure seems like you just don't know the answer. You're not a very good apologist.
>>
>>25878647
>You're not a very good apologist
No point in casting pearls before swine
>>
>>25878416
>Heaven isn't a place of material or physical being, it's not somewhere you can just pick up a pair of binoculars and point too. Heaven, and God are both above what humans are able to perceive
there's literally no evidence of this, why would you believe such a thing?
>>
>>25878663
you're avoiding the questions posed to you again pretending to have the intellectual high ground, one who truly knows God would attempt to share this knowledge with others, but you're supposedly withholding it. Am I testing your faith anon?
>>
>>25878666
I used to be an avid atheist, I was just like you, all about logic and reason I relied on science for all my answers. In the end it's all about faith, and a passion to improve yourself on a spiritual level. This can be done on your own without religion, but accepting Jesus Christ is the fast track to true inner nirvana. Seriously, just google "top 10 Jesus quotes" if you'd like the normie blast of basic Jesus info with only 2-3 minutes reading time, would you say you agree with him? I don't believe in the tales of the old religion, but I do follow the teachings of the NT
>>
>>25878762
>I used to be an avid atheist
I'm an atheist obviously, just not avid. I entertain God's existence and I'm not an unbeliever for edgy reasons, as I think most atheists are, hence why they end up reverting back to being theists later along the road. I've contemplated these questions for years, I've never been convinced of God's existence. A higher power, maybe, but what's talked about in Christianity seems ridiculous.

>all about logic and reason I relied on science for all my answers
I don't do this

>This can be done on your own without religion
I feel like this is where I'm heading

>but accepting Jesus Christ is the fast track to true inner nirvana
I think the vicarious redemption component of the Christ is what brings this about, the feeling that just by believing you're absolved of sin and on the right path. The approach I take is to be like Christ rather than to appeal to some metaphysical idea of Christ.

>Seriously, just google "top 10 Jesus quotes"
I've read the whole bible, I'm not some normie who goes around espousing atheistic ideas without having been exposed to the other side.
>>
A part of me really just want to accept the Christian god with open arms and believe whole heartedly that I will be saved and go to heaven to live in all eternity with a god and praise his name.

Another part of me knows that all of it is bullshit and that there is no God and that when you die that's it and there is nothing after that.

Damnit I wanna believe so bad but there are just too many plot holes. Any other robots know this feel?
>>
>>25878971

By "The Christian God" do you mean the mainstream Jesus-is-Yahweh, or do you just mean Jesus?

God in the Old Testament is literally NOTHING like Jesus. I have no idea how Christians don't see this.
>>
I'd like a question to be answered. I would like a genuine answer, too. How can the teachings of Jesus Christ be so radically different from the teachings of God in the old testament? God in the old testament said to kill non-believers. Jesus said to turn the other cheek. Are god and jesus not one in the same? How can their teachings differ so?
>>
>>25877270
I think verses like Luke 4 where he publicly shows his power level are evidence enough he at least existed, and was also a full robot.
>>
>>25877219
Yeah I'm kind of with this guy. I was raised Catholic but I'm not a believer in any religion these days, but what Jesus teaches in the Bible is for the most part pretty based. Whether you want to think of him as a historical figure or as a literary figure, it's hard to deny that he really is a model for how people should live their lives. That being said, I can't just flip a switch and start believing. It wouldn't be honest, and there's no point in faith if it's not honest. >>25877233
Catholics would say that once you wholeheartedly embrace God, you will always have the Spirit with you to guide you.
>>25878134
It's more like
>dude claims he's god
>people don't believe him
>he goes and does some miraculous supernatural shit
>people believe him
>>25877908
The problem isn't in Jesus' teachings, it's in retards trying to interpret them and doing exactly what Jesus says not to do.
>>25878242
>unfalsifiable
You're still looking at faith through an empiricist's lens, and you're never going to understand it that way.
>>25877324
>Also getting the bible and science to coexist peacefully is too bothersome.
If guys like Planck and Einstein (ie. guys who understood much more about science than you ever will) can do it then you should be able to.
>>25879207
Well, first off, the idea of the Trinity is approached very differently depending on which sect of Christianity you're curious about. I'm not too well-versed in most Protestent or Orthodox beliefs, but Catholicism teaches that God is essentially three beings in one. Jesus is God, the Spirit is God, and the Father (the God of the Old Testament) is God, but Jesus is not the Father nor the Spirit and so on. It's a really fucking weird idea to understand and I probably butchered the explanation so if you really want to learn more there are plenty of books you could read. Aside from that, most modern Catholics believe that the Bible, or at least the OT, is to be interpreted contextually and not literally. (1/2)
>>
>>25879207
>>25880178
Catholics understand that the passages in the Bible were written by completely different people in completely different time periods and are full of symbolism that is hard to recognize if you're not familiar with the time periods the passages were written in. This is why we end up with idiots who think Revelation is literally about the end of the world, or that Adam and Eve were two real people who existed and that the Earth is 6,000 years old or whatever number they believe. If you really want to learn what Catholics specifically believe about something instead of listening to some random guy on a tibetan monk suicide forum, then the Catechism is available to you. People have debated things like this for millennia, and have come up with some pretty good answers in my opinion as a non-believer. Or, if you still want to experience the shitposting and whatnot, you can take this to >>>/his/.(2/2)
>>
File: 929821.jpg (12KB, 390x190px) Image search: [Google]
929821.jpg
12KB, 390x190px
>>25877201
>he loved all equally
If he really loved me he'd let me practice for girls on him.
But he probably smells like sand, and arabic people.
>>
Literally the only reason Christianity exists in its current form is because Origen wanted people to suck Plato's dick while giving Neoplatonists an aneurysm. Saint Augustine fell for the meme and the rest is 1000+ years of suffering.
>>
Oh look, the Jew-worshiping cucks are trying to infect this board too.
>>
>>25878242
It says it within the first page of the Bible, it makes the distinction between the firmament (the skies since the firmament holds the stars) and the heavans, which is the realm of the divine. The heavens are described as being "above" the firmament (from an earth perspective) yet since space stretches infinitely, it can be reasoned that the heavens lie beyond the physical realm of space.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.