[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best sites to buy water pipes? bongs or bubblers are fine >low

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

best sites to buy water pipes?
bongs or bubblers are fine
>low budget
>don't want to spend any more than 20 GBP
>cheaper = better (as long as it's not made from tin-foil and plastic)
> found some for 15, does this look like a good price?
>first glass
>>
the one for 15
http://www.smokeday.com/bubblers/5-glass-bubbler.html
>>
Just make a gravity bong
>>
>>25875444
tired of making make-shift, hobo like bottle bongs or smoking out of tins. When i started smoking it was fine because although joints waste weed and smoking plastic/ aluminium is dangerous i was only doing it once a month or so, but for the past month i've been smoking atleast twice a week and i don't want to waste weed on joints and don't want to put my health at risk with home-made bongs
>>
>>25875386
why not go to a head shop and ask?
you could support a local business rather than some website
>>
>>25875531
I watched a few youtube videos and apparently they charge you a lot more in head shops and i'm on a tight budget
>>
>>25875558

I've found head shops to have much better quality items for very nearly as cheap as online stores.

I'm not even one of those "support your local business" people normally but my experience has been that a head shop is the better bet.

You can't even inspect the pipes online for flaws (chips, scratches, etc). Whereas in a head shop you can examine the piece before you buy it.
>>
>>25875659

Keep in mind, I'm American. Maybe British head shops aren't as good.

But I doubt I'll ever buy a piece online again.

At my local head shop, 20 GPB (just over 28 USD) could easily buy you a nice bubbler.
>>
>>25875558
i think a lot depends on how many glass blowers are in your area selling to the local head shops
I used to live in vegas and glass was cheap as shit
like big, intricate pipes for $20ish bucks
now I live in the south and the same pipe is $30-$40
>>
my two cents OP, just spend a little more and get a good bong. i bought into the bubbler meme, and while they're fun to smoke out of, they're a BITCH to clean. i'm talking having to do multiple boils every month, and/or alternating scalding tap water and rock salt & rubbing alcohol for up to an ~hour

the resin builds up around the stem, and inside of the walls around it. after a bit of heavy use, resin & ash will build up so much, that you can't even dump water out of it, and can only put it in through the bowl piece.

>>25875531
lel, head shops gouge like a motherfucker. prices are often marked up so that they get a multi hundred percentage profit return. I bought a bubbler exactly like OP's in person once, and it was $35 (almost $40 after tax).

the only thing worth getting at head shops, is smaller paraphernalia, replacement pieces, and rolling papers. the larger glass is heavily marked up because people replace it infrequently.
>>
I became friends with the guy that runs the local tobacco water pipe store, he cuts me dank deals. Just go talk to people.
>>
>>25875788
'go talk to people'
what do you expect. This is r9k
>>
>>25875659
couldn't you send them back if they were damaged? other than that i think i might try just going to a head shop

>>25875703
I live in the east midlands in england so i doubt that they will be cheap

>>25875777
So you think i should buy a bong instead? only problem is that i live in a apartment so i usually go out to smoke and I can imagine bringing a bong to the park being a pain
>>
>>25875386
i have a bubbler that looks just like that op
>>
>>25876043
Are you satisfied with it?
how much did you play for it?
15 gbp is a good price?
>>
bumperino blocked
>>
>>25875946
>only problem is that i live in a apartment so i usually go out to smoke and I can imagine bringing a bong to the park being a pain

ahhh, that's definitely a big factor. honestly though, for mobile use I'd just recommend a dry apparatus, like a chillum or basic spoon pipe.

i mean, bubblers are the best bet for a water pipe on the go, but water pipes in general are pretty poor for mobility. you'll want to bring a water bottle along so you can fill it up at the park, then dump it afterward.

still gotta worry about water, but you can wrap it in a rag and quickly toss into a coat pocket.

honestly, mobility is part of why i originally got a bubbler, but once I got a chillum I pretty much stopped using it altogether
>>
>>25876043
>>25876089
paid like 30 bucks

it's pretty cool, I mean any glass bubbler will be satisfying

You will need to clean it with special cleaning liquid every 2 bowls or so though, otherwise it gets nasty
>>
>>25876331
have you tried using a sploofy?
i don't have drier sheets, would just tissue paper pretty much do the job? maybe i could stay indoors and filter the smell altogether instead of worrying about having to leave
>>
>>25876420
is it difficult to clean? every two bowls sounds like a pain unless it takes a few seconds
>>
>>25876444
just buy a cleaning solution, it works instantly

https://www.everyonedoesit.com/smoking-accessories/cleaning-products.html
>>
>>25876508
the cheapest thing is 15 dollars.
this investment is going to be a bit bigger than i presumed but hopefully it will be worth it.
have you tried cleaning it without the solution?
wage cook here and i'm going to have to work 15 days for that 15 dollars...
>>
>>25876578
>work 15 days for that 15 dollars

nigga what? how you make 1 dollar a day

do you live in Indonesia or something dude
>>
>>25876734
wage cook here.
That was a joke my friend
>>
>>25876424
>sploofy

naw, sorry dude. extent of my covert smoking was to just go outside. if the only thing you have to worry about is neighbors, it'll probably be kosher. i hear of sploof dealios being used because of parents or being in a dorm, so it'd probably be more than enough for an apartment

another thing i've heard good things about, is to run the shower on hot water and smoke in the bathroom, while doing the towel trick. bit overkill, but it'd be a sureshot for apartment living. can even go an extra mile and burn incense by the bathroom window

honestly though, you'd be -best- off getting a vaporizer, but a "cheap but not so cheap it destroys your weed or breaks in weeks" one is something like $100, give or take ~$25
>>
>>25876860
ok

I'll try doing that, i've heard about it too and was considering it

honestly i don't know much about vaporizers- do you need to make your weed into a liquid? i saw ruff house studios make a video about it recently. If you can use flower then i might consider buying one. I heard that the megatoke is a waste of money though
>>
>>25876578
>have you tried cleaning it without the solution?

not that guy, but i find running very hot water through it can help too. it doesn't clean it up in a water to make it look new or anything, but it'll help prevent it from getting so gunked up you can't even dump water out or take hits.
>>
>>25877005
so do you think it's worth purchasing the cleaning solutions?
>>
>>25876986
>do you need to make your weed into a liquid?

only for some of the pen/tube/mobile ones. your usual tabletop (pic related) is best for dry stuff
>>
>>25877072
So do you think it's worth buying a vaporizer? keep in mind i have a low budget. vape > bong ?
>>
>>25875558
Thats why you shop around you dunce. Just because a few dudes online say that their local shop surplus charges doesn't mean they all do. hell my local liquor store, LIQUOR store sells better water pipes and bubblers than all the local head shops at a cheaper price. helps that I looked around.
>>
>>25876578
hes a fucking sucker just use alcohol and salt like any real pothead
>>
>>25877055
personally naw, but im dude that went from a bubbler to a bong. those solutions tend to work very well, but they're pricey. it's a convenience fee, of whether you'd rather just squirt some solution in every few bowls, or run hot water & rubbing alcohol/rock salt through and eventually need to boil the piece

>>25877130
definitely. it's what i'm aiming for at the moment. better high, and you ain't agitating your lungs since you won't be inhaling plant matter. bong's best way to "smoke" it, but vaporizing's best method of ingestion I feel. well, vaping and edibles, but making a batch of edibles is a fair bit of planning & needing large amounts of green.

on top of being a better high & not as bad, the lack of plant matter means it's practically scentless. there's a bit of a sweet/piney flavor and scent sometimes upon exhaling, but it's only for a couple seconds and quickly dissipates. you can't "hot box" a room with a vaporizer, so you wouldn't have to worry about neighbors picking it up. honestly, it'll reek more like weed from your stash, than it will from vaping it haha
>>
>>25877269
ok i think i'm going to buy this bubbler and clean it with water/alcohol/salt and eventually buy a vaporizer.
Would you recommend buying a cheap vape? like 30 - 50 bucks
or would you recommend investing more money for something that i can use for the long term
>>
>>25877160
OP's got such a low budget, that the time used for shopping around might not even be worth whatever potential deal happens. if he lives close enough it'd be worth it, but otherwise there's a good chance it wouldn't be. he said he lives in an apartment, so i'm assuming dude's at least closer than me.

i'm in rural colorado and drove an hour one way to denver so i could check out a grip of head shops, and they were all pretty gnarly with prices. from gas and time alone, it woulda been way cheaper for me to have gotten the 1st (and priciest) bubbler I came across
>>
>>25877385
>or would you recommend investing more money for something that i can use for the long term

the bubbler part sounds groovy, but i really do recommend saving up more for the vaporizer. ~$50 and less is where you start getting into vaporizers with shitty/incorrect temperature control and inefficiency in general.

if the temp's fucked up, you can essentially flash fry the cannaboids and turn the weed into a nasty smelling & tasting grass that you can't even cop a buzz from if you put it back into a pipe

I got a ~$30 one for free a while back from a friend who said it wasn't working for him. I thought i'd be able to figure it out, but wound up tossing it because no heat setting or method seemed to be able to get more than one small hit before it was all fucked
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.