[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are so many people obsessed with being better than other

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: The-Queen-of-Versailles-33056_3.jpg (135KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
The-Queen-of-Versailles-33056_3.jpg
135KB, 750x500px
Why are so many people obsessed with being better than other people/have more money/have a hotter gf/do x better
This is monkey tribe behaviour. Humans as the most intelligent beings on this planet should devote their life to the wellbeing of mother nature and fellow beings.
I don't understand what people gain from walking around flashing expensive brands etc it just means they payed out their ass to get these items because of how insecure they are. this is nothing to be proud of
or am i just autistic?
>>
I get where you're coming from. I bet these people in your pic thought about how amazing they look and how they have made it and everyone adores them when in reality nobody gives a fuck about them
>>
>>25870566
I think it's stupid too, but that doesn't mean that they're living life wrong. I personally couldn't give less of a fuck about nature, or other people who aren't my family/close friends. Life's short and meaningless, just do what you wanna do. Time enjoyed is never time wasted.
>>
You are fucking idiots. PICK UP A BOOK, you fucking retards.

GO READ THE LESSWRONG.com sequences, then https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adapted_Mind, and other books on evolutionary psychology and you'll fucking understand why homo sapiens fucking act the way they fucking act. It's because they're fucking adaptation executors and not utility maximizers. The very evolutionary selective pressures that have driven the development of their minds were part of a very slow optimization process, a fitness optimization process.

YOU SHOULD FUCKING UNDERSTAND ONE MORE THING: https://wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/Orthogonality_thesis

THE ORTHOGONALITY THESIS, which basically fucking means that intelligence is independent of the utility function, i.e. of the goal. You may apply intelligence to any possible goal, i.e. there isn't a goal that is characteristic of more intelligence.

You better read the shit i've linked to nigger, or you'll get fucked.
>>
>>25872280
TLDR please. I ain't reading all that.
>>
>>25870566

Does the phrase "Live fast, die hard" ring any bells?

Some folks are aware of their fragile mortality, some folks want to get as much out of life as they can. See the most places, make the most money, fuck the hottest people, accomplish what others can only dream of in this 70something years we are typically given.

Some people are aware the day they are born, some only realize it until they're halfway done ala mid life crisis, and some don't give a fuck and treat life like a lazy river.

And now you're even older, and now you're even older, and now you're older still.
>>
>>25872473
The anti-intellectualism strikes again. How does it feel to be bombarded with messages that reading is for nerds, and it is not necessary. You see it everywhere.

No wonder you reject the notion of reading all that since you are told that reading is dumb.

Read nigga read, you know you have potential to be better.
>>
>>25872553
I love to read, just not research papers.
>>
Nah I agree, men are like fucking ants. So caught up in their work as to miss the forest for the trees.

I think a certain sort of Autism is the pathway to a future of wise and harmonious type of human. Hopefully the future is kind to autists of that calibre. When everything that needs to be done is done only they will find meaning.
>>
>>25872280
hello robot

13/10 anon
>>
You're 15, it'll pass.
>>
>>25872553

Nigger I'm not dropping what I'm doing to read some long ass paper a random person online posted. If it's really that important you'll post a TLDR version for us.
>>
>>25872280

I think you may have misunderstood OP's question. He likely understands that via evolutionary psychology, humans adapted to gather resources and care deeply about social status due to tribal society (outcasts would often die out.)

However, note OP's question. Why would people flash their high status when it just makes them look insecure and thus low status? It's a conundrum.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.