[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /musician/ here? I play bass, guitar, and drums (in order

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 32

File: 1451247423481.jpg (14KB, 181x156px) Image search: [Google]
1451247423481.jpg
14KB, 181x156px
Who /musician/ here?

I play bass, guitar, and drums (in order of descending skill level). Been practicing my death metal chops on bass, about to hit the studio. And I've been writing some black metal songs on guitar, trying to get a new band together.

What have you guys been working on?
>>
File: IMG_20160114_204929~2.jpg (1MB, 2595x3640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160114_204929~2.jpg
1MB, 2595x3640px
Here's my guitar rig

Loving the guitar so much that I ordered a bass from the same series
>>
I rock my body and groan in a semi-rhythmic fashion
>>
File: IMG_20160108_144809~2.jpg (1MB, 3112x3112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160108_144809~2.jpg
1MB, 3112x3112px
>>25870207
Using the same pedalboard for bass, gonna ditch this 6 string when my Stingray gets here
>>
File: IMG_20160119_121905~2.jpg (1MB, 3062x3062px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160119_121905~2.jpg
1MB, 3062x3062px
>>25870262
And my drums.
They sound really good but I hardly ever get to jam with the mutes off because apartment. I'm totally using a china where the hihat should be because I left the hats at my mates house
>>
>>25870249
post recordings
>>
I wish I was talented. Im an average bass player, and a mediocre guitar player. People keep asking me to be in their bands/play with them for some reason. I even played an acoustic guitar show with a friend and he was like "I could get anyone but I want you anon". This guy knows every talented guitar player in his neighborhood and he still asked me to learn guitar just to play the show.

Im also a bedroom producer.
>>
>>25870355
nice dude. I wish people were begging me to play with them. I'm having enough trouble as it is finding people for my black metal project

i'm a bedroom producer too. my band always insists on having our recordings done "professionally" though, which just means having some other bedroom producer who's just as amateur as me do it, the only difference being that they charge us a bunch of money. lol
>>
>>25870207
Damn, that's one sexy guitar.
Which one is it?
>>
>>25870168
How long have you been plating them, anon? Feels like everyone who plays has played since their early teens, seems it will take decades for me to catch up if I start :(
>>
>>25870415
I'm 19 now. I've been playing bass for about 5 years, guitar for about 2 years, and drums for just over 1 year

even if you don't have any experience, you can be a competent player after like 1.5 -2 years if you practice a lot.
>>
What pedals you got bro? I'm looking to expand my collection of pedals but I'm not quite sure what to go for. really like what you got going on here
>>
>>25870466
so after 2 years playing just the guitar what are your main strengths/weaknesses? what do you still struggle with and stuff?
>>
Been playing guitar for almost 15 years, I can pretty much play anything that's thrown at me. I mostly play tech stuff similar to the likes of sikth.

Still too anxious to play in front of people or in a band. Just fucking kill me.
>>
I play clarinet but haven't used it since last October, it's not concert season but I should probably be practicing anyway
>>
>>25870410
Its probably because even though im just an ok player I have a lot of different influences and try to be creative when playing. What does your band play? I would honestly love being in a black metal band or a shoegaze band but no one knows what a shoegaze is
>>
>>25870168
Been working on a lot of acid house the past few months, but I haven't really done anything in a few weeks because I relapsed playing video games again.
>>
>>25870338
I only rock and moan when I get sensory overload. Normies mock me for this.
>>
File: kishuf.jpg (15KB, 349x314px) Image search: [Google]
kishuf.jpg
15KB, 349x314px
>>25870168
What kind of death metal are you inspired by right now?
[also, what do you think of the Chthe'ilist debut, if you heard it]
>>
>>25870575
Understand that I had three years of experience on bass when I started, so there was a lot of carry over

I think I'm a solid guitarist at this point. I can do all the basics, plus stuff like tremolo picking, tapping, and 3 and 4 string sweeps. I attribute that to the carry over from practicing a lot of advanced shred stuff on bass. Also I feel like being really solid on my theory and scales has been helpful beyond belief.

My main struggles are stuff that requires super intricate, fast economy picking like shredding scales. Changing complicated chords quickly and often can get difficult too.
>>
>>25870668
techy shit. I really like tech death, prog death, and some deathcore. a lot of people think that shit is plebby but I really don't care. I like playing it more than I like listening to it desu
I haven't heard that. checking it out right now though, sounds bretty gud dude. I'm getting an early cryptopsy (my favorite band) vibe from this :D

>>25870627
we play techy deathcore. like the faceless or abiotic. black metal is my tru love though
>>
>>25870168
I play guitar, bass, drums, and piano here OP. Music was one of the few things I always enjoyed taking a part in but lately the attempt to create anything results in a big jumbled mess. I've gotten so frustrated that I took a pretty long break from writing/recording anything, but now I don't know how to start again at all.

>>25870415
Practice, practice, practice. Besides, the pursuit of music should be a personal journey, not one that you should be comparing to anybody else's.

On another note, I love hearing other people's art. Anybody have some tunes they're willing to share?
>>
>>25870315
I know that awful feel of having to use mutes all the time, only im too poor to afford mutes so use old clothes....everyone thinks im a huge slob who leaves dirty clothes all over his instruments
>>
File: IMG_20160119_124559~3.jpg (2MB, 3603x1598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160119_124559~3.jpg
2MB, 3603x1598px
>>25870552
Clones from cheaperpedals dot com. I saw no reason to spend $100 per pedal at guitar center when I could get the same shit for $50 a pedal online.

I'm going to add a chorus soon. I'm pretty happy with my board. As I said earlier I use it for both guitar and bass
>>
>>25870738
Any chance you'd post skype or some shit? I really want to discuss music-creation with people who already made the climb to actually doing stuff. I'm currently worthless and would really like some form of guidance
>>
>>25870807
lol, im sorry dude. lucky for me these mutes came with the kit ($350) when I got it off craigslist
>>
>>25870738
good luck making any money family.
>>
>>25870869
dude thats fine. music is just a hobby for me. I'm in school for Physics atm so I have other stuff going on

>>25870824
what kind of stuff do you wanna talk about friend?
>>
Classical piano player here. I was forced to take lessons since I was a small kid since I have the talent for it. I had the stereotypical moments where all the other kids are outside playing and I have to practice the piano. Hated it.

Now as an adult I can appreciate having the skill. I no longer play the piano except occasionally for fun, but when I do, I can amaze everyone around. And yes, that includes girls. Feels good man.
>>
>>25870903
Music (death, black, death/doom and such) and the prospect of making music. Finding people with interest in the stuff that actually do shit is pretty rare, from my experience.
>>
I'm a musician, and I hate other musicians so I rarely post in these threads.

Hello.
>>
>>25870945
Yeah pretty much, lol. All the local bands here are core/djent bands which is cool and all but it gets old

I dont have Skype, but what's your email address family?
>>
25yo NEET here.

Noodled with guitar for 3 years, and autistically focused on useless "exercises" and "technique". All I did learn was some parts of JP's Breaking the Law and poorly timed undertempo'd intro to Metallica's Seek and Destroy.

About 2 years ago I started getting more serious and for several months now I've been taking lessons.
The teacher's not the best, but he does help and having other people to play with has spectacular results.

There was even free christmass concert with few hundred people as audience. Wasn't as scary as I thought it'll be.
As a matter of fact, being around his other students, chad's and 8/10 underage stacies wanting to be singers, is far far worse.

My current goals are simple and achievable.

1. Reach sufficient technical proficiency so that I may play virtually anything with relative ease, and cover some Malmsteen songs with acceptable accuracy.
2. Read and understand as much as possible from Schoenberg's books (literally the only readable shit on music theory - the rest is academic sentence vomit for academics), and find someone to teach me classical composition, or plagiarize like a motherfucker and teach self.

3.Try to fix life someday, maybe.
If I wasn't poor neetfag from third world shithole it would have been easier but alas.
>>
I play rithum guitar + lead vocals for my band we're about to release our first ep
>>
>>25871023
What genre fampai?
>>
>>25870948
If you can't play with other people you're not a musician
>>
>>25870634
>relapsed on vidya
Fuck, I know this struggle all too well. Sucks since music used to be the only productive part of my life and now I haven't done anything musically in a year or so. Any insight as to how to break the Oriental Jew's curse?
>>
>>25871000
Do you have telegram or soulseek account? Making a gmail account is a chore
>>
>>25871068
Nah dude. Do you not have email at all? It doesn't have to be gmail
>>
>>25871062
For a while I was able to cut down to only playing 1-2 hours a day, but I picked up Fallout NV again and played it for 6-8 hours a day for a week straight. I think the only way to stop is to not play.
>>
>>25871040
We haven't really got a defined musical style yet. Some of our songs sound metal others blues rock one or two grunge minus the angsty voice
>>
>>25871052
Being a musician is not defined by your ability to play with other people.
It is the definition of a good musician though.
>>
>>25871124
[email protected]
>>
>>25871219
nice dude expect an email from me later today
>>
>tfw music ed major as a percussionist
Please end me
>>
>>25871292
where u go 2 school dude?
>>
>>25871062
Only play at night after you got all your shit done for the day and practiced as well.

My real vice and addiction is shitposting on 4chan.
>>
>>25870168
I got my first starter kit when I was 12 as a gift for going in to middle school. I got lessons and such between 7th and 8th grade. When I went into my freshman year of HS I picked up a music theory class and jazz band. High school is where I really started getting good, I'd play for at least 4 hours when I was at school and then for another 2 or so hours at home. I became the rhythm section leader my sophomore year, picked up music appreciation and went through advanced theory. When I was a senior I was on track to graduate with high honors in performing arts. I had 2 core classes and the rest were music classes. I'd play all day at school and then for hours when I got home. I remember getting in an argument with my dad shortly before graduating high school. He told me I wouldn't ever be able to make a career with music, which is what I wanted to do. It completely crushed me. Being the angsty teenager I was I went to the pawn shop the next day and sold every guitar, amp, pedal, cable, tuner, and piece of sheet music I owned and handed him the money. I stopped participating in all my music classes and wasn't able to graduate on time or with honors since I lost a bit of needed credits from the classes I was in. I'm 23 now and I have one acoustic guitar which I dabble on here and there. My room mates say I'm good, and people I've jammed with always enjoyed playing with me. My dad has since apologized but I can't stand to hear myself play. I want to get back into it so bad but I'm so out of practice and so discouraged I don't even know where to start anymore
>>
Hello. Played guitar since I was 8 or 9, took lessons for 7ish years. I was "naturally gifted" when I started.
22y/o now, just pretty much shred in my bedroom for a couple hours a day. It's really relaxing I can practically feel my anxiety wash away when I start playing. Pic related
>>
File: 1416864201562.jpg (3KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1416864201562.jpg
3KB, 400x224px
I "am".
Started back in 2009, playing stuff like Lamb of God, Metallica, Trivium.
I'm self taught, so as expected, i'm shit.
On a good day i can play really fast, but that's it, and speed isn't everything when it comes to music.
Can't do sweep picking or arpeggios and pretty stuff like that.
Lately i've become even more depressed because i could have been good if i had put some effort into it back then all these years.
Music is really all i have to cope with my shitty life, coming to the realization that i'm shit is not easy.
I've composed some stuff, it's funny because many times when i create stuff i only record stuff i like, but then the next day when i listen to it i hate it and realize it's utter shit.
>What have you guys been working on?
Nothing, haven't recorded anything in weeks, i think i'm done.
>>
File: 1334528649383.jpg (18KB, 560x451px) Image search: [Google]
1334528649383.jpg
18KB, 560x451px
>>25871570
holy shit nigger i own that exact esp. mine is the lefty model, though.
>>
File: al1900greenflame1.jpg (116KB, 423x1000px) Image search: [Google]
al1900greenflame1.jpg
116KB, 423x1000px
I started playing guitar a few months ago. It's my second attempt at learning after giving up when I was 19 (I'm almost 26 now). My teacher says I'm naking great progress, but that's just because I studied music theory in college so he doesn't have to take the time to explain intervals, modes, etc. As far as my playing, I've noticed myself becoming better and better. I'm only playing simplified versions of classic rock and metal tunes, but hey I'm having a good time. Pic related is my guitar.
>>
>>25870168

Fuck off Ronan
>>
File: 23442253253235235t.jpg (220KB, 1639x865px) Image search: [Google]
23442253253235235t.jpg
220KB, 1639x865px
i love when you plebs still play instruments in 2016, same fucking sounds, same chords, same fucking everything why dont you instal a daw and make real fucking music you plebs
>>
>>25870315
What brand drums are those? It looks like a nice minimal set up. Would love to get a set just like that
>>
File: vRPlgmL.jpg (247KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
vRPlgmL.jpg
247KB, 1600x1600px
>>25870168
guitar player, decent singer myself, can't find inspiration to finish a song, i always delete all i did or...
>close without saving

>>25872594
obvious bait is obvious but i get you anon,
i just like to fuck around with sound, like making a loop and morph it into something different.
sometimes i spend hours twisting knobs and i feel very pleased.
found ways to be melodic and turn any sound into drums for example.

>>25870207
cool pedalboard man, im bounding my own!
>>
>>25872751
Tama Imperialstar. Came with a mid tom but I ditched it.
The cymbals are Meinl HCS. Pretty shitty imo
>>
>>25871292
>tfw music ed major as a percussionist at a state school because poor af in the middle of bumfuck nowhere

Sup bruh. Funny thing is that I don't even enjoy percussion other than marimba anymore lmao.
>>
>>25870168
Been making atleast 1 beat a day, gonna try doing this for atleast 4 weeks

https://soundcloud.com/lukefisher
>>
Started clarinet as a small kid, took up violin in highschool, getting piano lessons. French horn is next, then I wanna start looking into guitar.
>>
>>25870168
Been playing classical guitar for 13 years now, almost completely self-taught.
>>
Been playing drums for 12 years, now I just play alone to relax instead of dealing with egocentric shitheads. Bands are fucking shit.
>>
File: Fantasy Lanscapes (26).jpg (1014KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Fantasy Lanscapes (26).jpg
1014KB, 1280x960px
I made this short orchestral piece yesterday night
https://clyp.it/yy1kxecu

I play the piano, guitar, bass, and some cello. I'm trying to get into composing professionally but jobs are hard to come by.
>>
>tfw want to learn to sing
Where should I start?
>>
>>25874862
Tell us some of your experiences
>>
>Daydream about being in a band with other robots
>Know I would drop my sticks and embarass myself

Guess I'll stick to jamming with random Craigslist posters.
>>
i can play piano and a mean ass trumpet dawgs.

trumpet was forced upon me in school. though i always marked the notes with the numbers 123 so i know which buttons to press.

learning piano now so I can up my production skills with DAW
>>
>>25875202

Just your usual stuff man, jealousy, power struggles. instead of just enjoying playing music. Don't wanna rage tonight talking about it.
>>
>>25874577
nice dude. I've been trying to write 2 complimentary riffs every day in order to become a better, more spontaneous songwriter
>>
>>25870168
Singer, bassist, and guitarist here. I'm doing this thing where I write and record a new song every week. It's been pretty fun, actually. It's actually a lot easier to come up with new material when you have to have something by the end of the week.
>>
File: 1452220612896.png (239KB, 1200x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1452220612896.png
239KB, 1200x1236px
>>25870168

I can sing really fucking well. But I am hopelessly clumsy with my hands. I cannot tie my shoelaces and playing an instrument is beyond me.
>>
I wrote a song I really like between yesterday and today. I had been talking to a girl so that gave me a huge inspiration.

All my songs are about girls and I've never had a gf or sex. I don't know how to feel about that.
>>
>>25876834
>I can sing really fucking well.
Post recordings, I might be looking for singers
>>
>>25876834
post a vocaroo m8
>>
mom's bf dropped off an electric guitar
tuning pegs and action are fucked up and I cba to fix it
should I just take it the shop?
>>
>>25870414
Thanks dude
Its a Sterling by Music Man SUB AX4, which is in their line of budget guitars. I got it on sale at GC for $100 off and I'm SUPER happy with it.

I'm not sure why these SUB guitars aren't talked about more when discussing budget instruments. Way better than any Squier, Epiphone, Ibanez, or Agile IMO
>>
>>25876902
yes.
fixing that shit is easy though, and its a good skill to have if you're serious about guitar. having a shitty beater guitar to practice doing set ups on is a great opportunity. take advantage of it
>>
File: guitar.png (325KB, 234x810px) Image search: [Google]
guitar.png
325KB, 234x810px
>>25876939
here it is, it smells vaguely of pot
>>
File: 1452225795184.jpg (37KB, 491x315px) Image search: [Google]
1452225795184.jpg
37KB, 491x315px
>>25876871

I do not own a microphone, nor a video camera.

Wish I could post such things though.

Maybe some other time, anon.
>>
>>25876871
>>25876867

Also, I'm English. And you are probably both Yanks.
>>
>>25877012
Microphones aren't that expensive anon. And no, I'm french, but I was thinking more of an internet collaboration type of deal.
>>
>>25877174

Interdasting. I will investigate your proposal. Are you fond of the Bee Gees or Savage Garden at all?
>>
>>25877367
>Bee Gees
>Savage Garden

lol
>>
File: 1452224044460.png (56KB, 398x409px) Image search: [Google]
1452224044460.png
56KB, 398x409px
>>25877484

Best comparison for my vocal ability, tbqh senpai
>>
>>25876821
Thats pretty cool dude. That's probably a better excercise than my "riff a day" thing. I think I'm gonna try that

What genre songs are you making?
>>
I play bass in a regularly gigging band. Gonna put out an album soon, pretty excited about it senpai. I own a drum kit, and some guitars, which I'm trying to get better at. I also play the ukulele a lot by myself. I prefer it for songwriting for some reason.
>>
File: 1451335600214.jpg (97KB, 850x565px) Image search: [Google]
1451335600214.jpg
97KB, 850x565px
just finished this today
https://clyp.it/z0awt2kq
give me some feedback senpaitachi
>>
>>25870262
I don't know very many bassists who use a 6-string. How much different is it from using a 4-string?
>>
>>25878119
More range, obviously. I don't like it that much tbqh. I much prefer a 5 string to both a 4 and a 6.
>>
>>25870168
id say im ok at making techno shit.
i just couldn't be arsed to work on anything bcuz i have 0 motivation. heres a pretty old song iv made.

https://soundcloud.com/razor-23/the-wizard-of-funk
>>
>>25875251
area code?
>>
>>25870168
I play:

Trombone,
Bass trombone,
Baritone,
Euphonium,
Cornet,
Trumpet,
Recorder,
Guitar,
Bass guitar,
Viola,
Violin,
and accordion.
>>
>>25877010
I've a Benton SG model
>>
>tfw mediocre at guitar, bass and piano

i should really focus on one of them at this point

>also tfw horrible singer but really enjoy singing
>>
File: 1452613023481.jpg (50KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
1452613023481.jpg
50KB, 620x372px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0DrKOp6Yg8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAetdv2QopU
>>
File: 1449356674113.png (126KB, 200x323px) Image search: [Google]
1449356674113.png
126KB, 200x323px
Shitty pianist here
Can't compose though
>>
I play guitar, usually fingerstyle folk. Kinda bummed because I pawned my acoustic and busted the strings on my Gretsch :(

It was gonna be killer because they were a full nickel acoustic set for a dobro.
>>
File: brutal.jpg (32KB, 597x351px) Image search: [Google]
brutal.jpg
32KB, 597x351px
i dont have a picture of it but heres my setup

its pic related

1997 ibanez rg550 (its the same age as me kek)
>black body
>black pickguard
>emg 81 bridge pickup (routed a space in the body for the 9v)
>maple neck
>maple fretboard
>black dot inlays

peavey 6505 head (regular not plus)
settings (for fucking around at home)
>pregain 5
>low 4
>mid 5
>high 6
>postgain 0.5-1.5
>resonance 4
>presence 6

through a mesa rectifier 4x12 cab

i tune to c standard. (2 steps down from standard)

what i like to do is get stoned, drink, and play brutal sinister metal rhythms all day long. this fucking rig is so damn nasty, grainy, raw, punchy tone. serious growling gain going on

i was fucking around playing some deathcore song and when i played the breakdown (like 1 on the lowest string, 2 on the next string, palm muted and chugged over and over) i almost became erect
>>
>all these robots who play music
>some aren't playing in bands because social autism and because people suck in general
>all this wasted potential

/r9k/ community album when? I'd be down to collab with other bots in here
>>
File: uses a gig of ram alone.png (498KB, 1854x1045px) Image search: [Google]
uses a gig of ram alone.png
498KB, 1854x1045px
Does this count?
>inb4 not real music
>>
>>25879028
can i hear it?
>>
>>25879053
https://soundcloud.com/povlur/speechrezz-retro-dream-povlur-vip/s-R8ILO

If I had the time I'd go back and change the main lead, but its old and gone anyway. Enjoy.
>>
I play the blues harmonica because I am a sadboi who enjoys crying and bad vibes.
>>
>>25879232
me the fuck too
>>
>>25870168

I don't know if I can really call myself a musician anymore. I used to play guitar all the time, but I just kind of lost interest a few years after I got out of high school.

I really wish I could muster up the discipline to play more, but every time I try to play I get bored almost immediately and put it away.

I miss the days when it was fun.
>>
File: Untitled.png (319KB, 1919x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
319KB, 1919x1078px
>>25879028
>>25879125
pretty sick anon.
here's a pic of something I've been working on.

see
>>25878284
if you wanna hear one of my old songs.
>>
>>25879125

I enjoyed it. You're a million times better at using fl studio than I am
>>
>>25878571
Jelly
Do you play in a band?
>>
>>25879125
God this is everything I absolutely abhor and detest. I could probably go into detailed constructive criticism, but considering how you people work with your music, I will give you this:

Die.
>>
I want to sing in a band but I have no idea where to start. Where the fuck do first timers audition? I'm in Venice, CA so I'd assume there's some kind of music scene around here...
>>
>>25879497
I kekd.
I meand i dislike this type of music too, but i guess it has some merit and work.
>>
>>25879425
Thank you anon, that means a lot. Keep working on your FL Studio stuff as well.

>>25879385
Very cool, I liked the song you linked, I'd love to hear some of your recent stuff too!

>>25879497
I was asking for one of these by posting my shit lmao. Music is subjective man.
>>
>>25879540
You must really like Nova art then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1ax7SD8wk4
>>
>>25879497
/mu/ pls leave
>>
>>25879551
No clue what it is, i'll check it.
>>
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=921363

I used to make metal with a limited setup. PODXT live and EZdrummer with some other plugins. Last thing I recorded was in the later half of 2010. Lost interest as I was starting to get better at it, but oh well.
>>
>>25879542
Totally, like everything from me whistling and the squeaks of rectum, that's like alright. I'll lube my dick up and bang it against the walls until they give me an orchestra.

You're a joke, a fad. One day, rather soon, you will be replaced.
>>
>>25879672
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
>>
>>25879573
Suck my balls, plebeian

That place is just as shitty as this burning bumhole
>>
>>25879710
It's like opinions, man. Totally in right now. It's like opinions this and that.

Man, fuck having any sort of standard or amount to anything ever.
>>
>>25879786
you're actually getting angry over music this is hilarious
>>
some strings and drums. lately just make idm/breakcore type stuff though. ain't no one to jam with out here, so i gotta make do
>>
>>25879857
That's my shit, post your music.
>>
>>25879833
Of course!

I'm clearly invested in it, and the great decline from what it was is upsetting. The fact that it is hilarious to you tells me everything and more.

Go ahead, enjoy your purely comical, juvenile and vacuous excuse of art and existence.
>>
a WIP on guitar pro 6, if it develops into a song I'll probably record it, that's the process of most of my music
https://clyp.it/oqr2tflo
>>
>>25879874
https://soundcloud.com/minogame/catharsis-through-composition
>>
>>25879930

Not the same guy.

Go make your own music that lives up to your standards instead of talking shit, retard.

If anything's juvenile, it's your sperglord attitude.
>>
>>25880021
>https://soundcloud.com/minogame/catharsis-through-composition

So much shit going on at the same time, I love it. Followed you.
>>
>>25879532
I'd mention what genre, but to be completely honest I have no idea what I'm suited for. I can do crazy prog metal f5#s, but I'm obsessed with shit like The Strokes. Kinda just want to get out there and sing something.
>>
File: P-Model.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
P-Model.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
I've considered making electronic music in the same vein as link below, but it would require some equipment I don't have. I played music from 5th grade through high school graduation, so I wouldn't mind picking up something again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rZf1jY1zhw
>>
>>25880094
>Kinda just want to get out there and sing something.

Do it, don't worry about classifying it at all.
>>
>>25880021
settle down there aphex twin.jr

its so confused jesus fuck
>>
>>25880117
Aphex Twin Jr is probably more of a compliment to someone making that kind of music
>>
>>25880114
Where do I start? Craigslist was barren and I'm not sure where I should look outside in the real world. I live in Venice so I'm assuming there's some kind of music scene, but I don't know where.
>>
>>25870168
>bass more than guitar

literally how is that even possible, are you just shit at guitar, and also drums as a corollary?
>>
>>25880079
oh dang, thanks man. heard the drumpstep thingy bit before i posted; hecka nice stuff. not my usual cup of tea, but i can appreciate when there's a nice mix, synths, percs, etc.

>>25880117
you flatter me
>>
>>25880160
Local Facebook groups, that's where I found my bandmates.
>>
>>25880201
Can you give me an example from your hometown?
>>
>>25880220
It was simply called "Houston Music Scene". I'm sure there'll be way more options for Venice. Try searching that.
>>
Nobody replied :9, Here's what a final product would be like if you compare the 2
https://clyp.it/en55j4zb
https://clyp.it/svgjj2ga
>>
File: song1.png (41KB, 690x736px) Image search: [Google]
song1.png
41KB, 690x736px
I sing in a punk band. I try to write songs that are more than just "fuck cops, fuck government, fuck capitalism" etc but I'm not sure I do.

Here's one of my songs. Most are written by hand or in my phone, I just have this one memorized so I typed it up just now.

We are trying to get a show together at a cool punk/metal bar in our town hopefully in Feb. or March. We have been recording in our basement but nothing serious. We hope to have some stuff on soundcloud in the next couple of weeks

Poster/cover art is hard to come up with btw
>>
>>25872594
this screen shot is autistic af if its yours and that how u use FL urea retard fo real
>>
>>25880170
I started on bass, and enjoy playing it more.

I've been playing bass for 5 years, guitar for 2, and drums for 1, so the difference in skill level is natural
>>
>>25880544
trying too hard to be MC Ride
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 640x960px
>>25870168
I'm on almost my 3rd year playing guitar now. I improved fast at first, then completely stagnated. I can no longer improve it seems. I rarely find a song I want to learn, and even when I do, I often can't find the tab for it, and then when I do, I never make any progress. Even after playing and working on it for weeks, it never sounds good. Even songs I've been practicing for over a year still don't feel right. I don't know if I just need a better guitar or what (the one I have is only $120 dollars or so).

I decided to buy a keyboard instead, since I taught myself some piano.

That has been going great so far. I've learned quite a few songs that I really like, and I'm still making progress.
>>
File: frowntown.jpg (24KB, 364x274px) Image search: [Google]
frowntown.jpg
24KB, 364x274px
>>25880714
:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
:'(

this is the flag of frown town
>>
>>25877724
Mostly garage rock stuff, on account of my mediocrity on guitar.
>>
>>25880544
Eh, I'm not really big on those lyrics, but then again I don't know how it sounds in the context of a song. Try expanding your vocabulary; right now, the poetry is a bit cliche.
>>
>>25881683
I get that. I have very simple rhyme schemes. This is essentially just shouted at a fairly moderate pace. I think it sounds good with the music we have behind it, but I agree with you my writing is not that good. I don't really understand music and have no sense of rhythm or anything like that, so writing songs is hard for me.
>>
File: the best life.jpg (155KB, 1293x669px) Image search: [Google]
the best life.jpg
155KB, 1293x669px
>Start guitar in middle school
>Stop forever, autism intensifies
>Recently picked up again
So I went on /mu/, read through the /gg/ practiced some basic scales and read a little bit, practiced switching chords, and now I'm playing at my first open mic Friday, gonna play Bowie because I always listened to The Man Who Sold the World in MGSV. Not going to pretend and say I was a Bowie fan, the truth is I enjoyed the song without even knowing about him. So its a small tribute, and I look forward to listening to all of his music.

Other than that, I learn songs I enjoy mainly Folk Rock, Blues Rock, R&B, its good stuff. I have an Epiphone Acoustic, Laguna Electric (first one I got but its broken, pickup switch needs resoldering and electric work), and I won a guitar at Six Flags but it sounded like crap because it was crap, so I restringed it with Elixir Strings and bought a mini amp, it sounds okay now. Glad I bought a nice recording mic and filter a bit back.

I may be aspie, no friends, etc etc but I'm forcing myself to go to this open mic and some family are pushing me since we just moved to a new state.
>>
>>25871444
Jesus christ your dad is an asshole.
>>
>play bass and am learning guitar
>have no desire to play either unless I'm in a very specific mood
>don't know anyone irl that plays any instruments
>my guitars just sit there collecting dust
>>
File: 2015-07-14 20.24.10.jpg (341KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-14 20.24.10.jpg
341KB, 960x1280px
>>25882363
>don't know anyone irl
iktf
>tfw wasted 3 years at uni to get a music degree
>>
I've played guitar for about 20 years, I play in bands and play gigs. I'm not technically great but I can play some Django reinhardt and a few al di meola songs and have a pretty solid grip on theory and can read sheet music

I'd like to be a studio guitarist but it's difficult, those guys can play fucking everything thrown at them and I just can't do that.
>>
>>25871570
>>25871676
>Esp
>Shitty EMG
>LP with no belly
>Edgy as fuck

Such a shit taste
>>
>>25870817
What do you think about those Behringer pedals on amazon? Are they good even though they're like 25$ a pop?
>>
>>25882584
go to the /gg/ thread on mu, most of the people there are gear heads and will explain if it's worth it or not.
>>
>>25882584

Not that guy.

Behringer pedals are most of the time absolute dogshit but a few of them are ok-ish simply bcause of their "unique" effects they've got. Never seen em used seriously out of shoegaze/post-rock/noise desu.
>>
File: swingset.jpg (110KB, 595x577px) Image search: [Google]
swingset.jpg
110KB, 595x577px
https://soundcloud.com/basementvacation

>acoustic
>singer/songwriter
>soft and slow
>cozy

constructive feedback appreciated
>>
>>25882769
fine. but there's a few parts where you drop the tempo and stutter a bit

practice with a metronome more and you'll get rid of that stuff eventually. you can get away with hitting a wrong note, but dropping the tempo is like the most jarring thing to a listener
>>
guitar. too terrible to play any real genres. can only play punk

may as well just throw my gear out the window
>>
>>25882892
whoops

this is original
>>
I've played guitar for several years and have since picked up bass, mandolin, ukulele, and keyboard. I want to get a hammered dulcimer but I'll never be able to afford one.

I'm in the process of making my debut album of my solo project. None of my friends are into music so I just do everything by myself. Kind of shoegazy post-rock stuff with post-punk and ambient/drone vibes.
>>
File: fug.gif (328KB, 268x206px) Image search: [Google]
fug.gif
328KB, 268x206px
>started on bass at 14 or so
>started singing at 15
>started on guitar at 18
i make a bunch of solo stuff but i have no one to play with so i never get to play shows. thinking about getting a foot drum so i can go ty segall mode
here's my soundcloud if you wanna hear what i make
https://soundcloud.com/smoke-the-sky
>>25882431
this picture upsets me
>>25882769
it's ok. sounds very generic. if you are just playing acoustic and singing you're going to have to make your riffs and melodies more interesting and creative if you want to stand out at all. either that or add more elements, like a synth or a trumpet or something, idk. also your voice is somewhat shaky when you sing lower notes.
>>25883080
try yelling stuff in key over your power chords, it makes it way more fun if you suck at guitar
>>
>>25883080
Tune to an open tuning and use a slide. Now you can play blues.
>>
>>25874937
god damn this is nice
>>
Guys should I start a black metal band or a grindcore band?
>>
File: 1365607345332.jpg (106KB, 996x851px) Image search: [Google]
1365607345332.jpg
106KB, 996x851px
>try to come up with lyrics for a concept album about a robot shut in, who can only escape isolation via dreams, inevitably an hero at the end
>realised this is basically Yume Nikki and stopped writing music
https://clyp.it/jl3n2cn1
>>
>can't write drums for unfinished song
http://picosong.com/Erzm
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.