[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got a job unloading trucks. I'm not the strongest

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1449713860390.jpg (164KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1449713860390.jpg
164KB, 800x1280px
Just got a job unloading trucks.

I'm not the strongest guy, what if I fuck up and slow the other guys down?!
>>
>>25869852
You'll be fine
I was in your exact position at one point
Get your protein
>>
>>25869907
I'm also just flat out out of shape. I reckon this job would get me in shape though. But I don't know if the dudes i'll be working with have the patience.
>>
I did this too. Basically as long as you're able to lift something, you're fine. Maybe just practice lifting random ass boxes around the house I guess. You'll be fine though. Any specifics about the job?
>>
>>25870045
Nothing really special, just unload the truck, roll shit down the conveyor, sort them out and take the pallet jacks to the correct aisle. This is for Lowe's btw
>>
>>25869987
I was scared I would slow em down and I'd get passive aggressive comments and I would never be liked or anything
But that's unrealistic unless they're complete assholes
Not only was I out of shape but I was chubby, this will help you man trust me
>>
>>25869852
I do this too, except load boxes into the trucks.

It's not too bad. First few weeks you'll feel exhausted as fuck but your muscles get used to it and it'll feel like a normal job. Just build a decent pace so people don't think of you as "that slow guy"
>>
>>25869987
Just give it your all. No one will give you shit if you work hard. Expect banter.
>>
>>25870045
>>25870095
What kind of low standards place did you work at? That doesn't sound like any shipping company anywhere. I've worked at five different places and had friends across the country in the same position. If you aren't busting your ass and working hard then you're too slow and people will take note of that. Shipping isn't a job field I would recommend for NEETs.
>>
>>25870081
I did this at a food bank for grad requirement service hours this past summer/spring break. I have scrawny arms (some muscle condition I can't be bothered to look up), but I was fine. Remember to lift with your knees and not with your back. I lifted with my back, and I'd be sore as hell for the next day after an 8 hour shift lifting stuff. Honestly though, I loved it. Everyone else there was there for community service, meaning there were some interesting people to converse with during downtime (which wound up being fairly often)
>>
Figure out the tricks they use while working, just be careful to avoid unintentionally injuring yourself

I used to be terrible at using hand trucks until a deliveryman showed me how to get them off the ground the right way, now I can carry 6-7 totes of stuff without any issues
>>
>>25870081
Sounds exactly like my Fed-Ex job. Maybe shit is heavier at Lowe's, but for the most part things are bearable weight. I'm a smaller guy and I managed fine. If it's particularly heavy
they can't force you to lift it on your own, they're a whole messy web of laws that basically prevent them from firing you for not being good enough. Your job is basically A for Effort, that's all.
>>
>>25870045
>Maybe just practice lifting random ass boxes around the house I guess

no, he will need his rest

OP until you become acclimated you will be doing a lot of sleeping
>>
>>25869852
This is my dream job, how did you find it?
Please don't be too specific cause I don't live where you live.
>>
>>25870196
actually

>>25870081
>retail
you'll be fine, it's not rigorous
>>
>>25870212
I just checked the retailer's website.
>>
>>25870172
You adapt to the job pretty quickly man, I worked for a wholesale house. Owner was a multimillionaire but he was a real nice guy and his daughter liked me so that was a plus
Nice boss usually means nice employees
We worked very hard, sometimes I'd do 2 hours after closing alone in the warehouse and I was 14 so that was big for me lol
>>
File: 1406747784224.jpg (63KB, 572x497px) Image search: [Google]
1406747784224.jpg
63KB, 572x497px
>>25870245
aaaahhhh why is life so hard
>>
>>25869852
Be sure to eat a proper breakfast, a fry up and you'll be ok.
>>
>>25870095
>I was scared I would slow em down and I'd get passive aggressive comments and I would never be liked or anything

OP here, the thing is this was also the very first job I ahead several years ago. This very thing happened and I believe it's what kicked off my social anxiety so I'm feeling pretty anxious about it. Desperate time call for desperate measures.
>>
Easiest job there is OP. You spend about 2 hours pushing boxes around and then 2 hours downstacking off pallets into smaller more manageable carts for stockers. Take lunch, come back and take it all out to the floor. After all the freight is out you sweep the room and prep for tomorrow and go home. Most people you work with are blacks and autists (srs). They will act macho for your first week and then you will learn where shit goes and it will be easy. Best job I ever had but the pay was shit.
>>
File: k898j.png (225KB, 789x451px) Image search: [Google]
k898j.png
225KB, 789x451px
>>25869852
Hnng thanks senpai
>>
>>25869852
get some good gloves on that give you a good grip and youll be fine. dont over do it if you want to carry on doing that job, fuck up your back and they wont call you in again. if something seems too heavy then leave it be. as long as you do your bit youll be fine
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.