[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone here actually happy or recovered from crippling depression?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 1450203067390.jpg (23KB, 316x311px) Image search: [Google]
1450203067390.jpg
23KB, 316x311px
Is anyone here actually happy or recovered from crippling depression?

I just don't know if i can ever recover from this. How do you become happy? What is being happy like?
>>
Thought I was depressed but I stopped wasking, stopped drinking heavily, started lifting and it's went away. I think the not wanking part is what did it tbqh. If you don't try these things then fuck off your misery is your own fault.
>>
>>25861593

Stopped wanking*
>>
>>25861510
i don't think you ever recover, i think its who you are now. but you get better at managing it with experience

>>25861593
> i stopped jerking off and my depression was cured!!
fuck off you were never depressed
>>
>>25861593
> your misery is your own fault
this "just world delusion" has to be the worst normie belief going.. that karma exists, so if you're suffering - it MUST be your own fault

> if you get crushed by an earthquake obviously that was your fault.
> if you have cancer obviously that was your fault
> if you were born with a brain which hampered social progress obviously that was your fault
> if you are hit by the realization that life is meaningless obviously that is your fault

ad infinitum...to my anons - its not your fault
>>
I started reading Nietzsche after I had gone through therapy and been medicated for some time. I decided I wanted to be the ubermensch (overman). I wanted to overcome my former self and create my own purpose, and I can say that through learning, becoming /fit/, and just sometimes sitting around thinking, I've come closer to that. That, brings me joy, but be wary of this feeling for that creates contentment, and contentment breeds stagnation. Best wishes my friend.
>>
>>25861825
but karma says that in your past life you would have done something to deserve x in this life and what you do in this life will affect you in the next.
>>
>>25861825
It may or may not be anon's fault, but he himself bears the responsibility to change it if he wishes for happiness.
>>
I dealt with depression for a good 3 years, but one day I started lifting and I found it helped. I don't know why, but it's like I'm numb to it almost. Still think about suicide often, but I don't think about following through on it as much. Try it out, hope it works for you op.
>>
I willed my depression away. Mind over matter. I took the reins on mental processing and now i'm in control.
>>
>>25862206
Keep lifting. You're gonna make it bro, we all will.
>>
>>25861510
From age 21 to 26 i had all the ingredients for a depression but never got one, i just smoked a shit ton of weed every day wich helped. Not saying it helps for everyone but you could try it
>>
>>25862222

You deserve those quads, bro.
>>
>>25862235
>implying a depressant helps with depression

K then Tyrone, keep rolling in the welfare check with that work ethic.
>>
File: sad katt.jpg (89KB, 687x522px) Image search: [Google]
sad katt.jpg
89KB, 687x522px
>>25861510

so much anxiety right now and shit i feel so fucking bad, im skipping school today only 2 classes

so much fucking pain i i think i might starting taking meds again just to feel nothing again
>>
You ever play a competitive video game and at first your doing alright, then you and you team start sucking? So then you stop putting in as much effort but start making wild moves (fucking around, trying difficult but effective ways of scoring) and up winning, even though you gave up part-way through?

It's kinda like that. The thought of an hero crosses my mind almost daily, and at one point I did give up. Instead of ending it, I decided to see...if I could make some wild moves. If I fuck up royally, who cares? I'm already at the end of rope anyway, I could end it when I want. I might as well see what kind of crazy shit I can get away with while I'm here.

...Who knows, you might just end up winning some day.
>>
>>25861510 (OP)
I had suicidal depression for two years. There are train tracks on my school campus and sometimes I stood there waiting to die.

It's crazy, but it went away. All of it. I have no more depression. No more suicidal thoughts. No more fear of death. No more fear of life.

It was a mix of taking Tiapetene, meditation and budhism that helped.

I know normies who dont understand depression say this, but it gets better.
>>
>>25862292
sorry brah

i find writing regular journals, stream of consciousness style, can help me unclutter my mind and get the feels out. try it
>>
Attend Church.
>>
Hey guys, pro tip. If you haven't been legitimate diagnosed with depression by a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist then you probably shouldn't post your oppinions on addressing depression to someone.
>>
File: 1446258984052.jpg (93KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
1446258984052.jpg
93KB, 800x680px
>>25862410

this is why i love r9k, atlest i know im not alone
>>
File: 1431111645205 (1).jpg (145KB, 1024x609px) Image search: [Google]
1431111645205 (1).jpg
145KB, 1024x609px
.>>25861510
I'm very depressed and it's only getting worse. I don't think about suicide. But I just want to feel excited and happy about something. One thing I dread but also kinda look forward to is getting my 2 wisdom teeth taken out. I hear they give you opiates after the procedure and they make you feel very good. I'm no druggie but I hope I can feel something nice for once. Fuck I hate the way I am..
>>
>>25861510
I did.

I replaced my depression with anger. Pure hatred and anger for society.
>>
>>25862692

Once you expend all of your energy, it's going to return to depression eventually.

t. someone who is always pissed off
>>
Meditation got me off antidepressants, antidepressants got me off weed and vidya, weed and vidya got me off the floor

Ymmv but there's plenty of levers left to pull brobot
>>
Damn, I've been depressed for almost a whole year and I'm pretty pathetic. 20 years old and only had one gf (LDR) who broke up with me last february. It was fucking traumatizing how the whole thing went down. She was at a convention and I saw her taking a ton of pictures with this older dude who had his arm around her in every picture and shit. I asked her who it was and everything went to shit from there.

It really fucked with my head, cuz the dude in the pics was way taller and older-looking than me and I have a ton of insecurities about that. Since then, I have been getting drunk constantly and getting chest pains over the stress. I can't believe it's been a year and I'm still thinking about her. I spent the better part of the year looking for new relationships, but inevitably failing because I'm a disgusting manlet with no confidence. All of the confidence I had gained over the years throughout high school was destroyed by one person. Throughout my whole life, I have felt tiny and insignificant, metaphorically and quite literally, and for someone who was supposed to be my significant other to completely disregard me, it crushed me. I wish that I could matter to someone else more than anything else in the world.

So yeah, now I'm an alcoholic and I've probably destroyed my liver, but at least being drunk makes me happy :') I spent the whole day yesterday with a headache because I was so stressed thinking about her.
>>
>>25861880
>Nietzsche
Still depressed but his writings are definitely comforting. He addresses a lot of topics I struggled with, religion and nihilism for instance. You other guys should try reading some of his work, it might help.
>>
I think I've slowly killed my self on the inside and now I don't care about anything anymore. Its not even like I'm bottling it all up, everything slides off and I'm just neutral, numb.
>>
>>25863057
I wish I could become like that. Does anyone know if anti-depressants can have that sort of effect?
>>
>>25861510
Being happy is...a slow process. Very slow. You gotta want to be happy, is the short version.

The long version is that you gotta set up goals you honestly know you can handle. Be more social. Distract yourself from thinking too much. Focus on everything and anything that isn't depressing. Soon...you'll not think about being sad as much. It's like getting over an abusive ex; you can learn to live without the pain and twitch reflex.
>>
I did. Three and four years ago, I was so depressed that I allowed myself to waste away in my own filth in my bed until my belly was distended from starvation and I had bed sores. Feels bad, man.

I've since made full recovery and feel happy for the first time in my life. Its... an indescribable feeling. What it took for me was admittance as an inpatient to a psychiatric hospital.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.