[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Games Comfy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: rs.png (158KB, 765x502px) Image search: [Google]
rs.png
158KB, 765x502px
Are there any video games that are just a huge grind like runescape that also had that comfy feel? I keep searching for that high but i cant find it. i know this isn't /v/, /v/ is just one big shitpost. help robots. also post comfy vidya pics.
>>
File: large.jpg (210KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
210KB, 1920x1080px
>>25856409
this game brought some good feels.
>>
>>25856409
maple story is suuuuper close to what your talking about, can also make online friends!
>>
>>25856409

Everquest p99. Runescape is much more EZ mode though, prepare to get your ass kicked mercilessly on Everquest.
>>
>>25856409
dwarf fortress is pretty comfy once you get going
>>
File: 1446170360860.png (7KB, 274x242px) Image search: [Google]
1446170360860.png
7KB, 274x242px
>>25856409
Started playing vanilla WoW. Shit is so /comfy/.
Never really got into wow before tried a couple times finally felt like trying a private server
Most mmos are just to easy and everything just happens to fast cant really take in locations.
Vanilla WoW is harder and you can actually die if you arent careful with agroing multiple mobs
Also always nice people to help you out
>mfw I walked into Ironforge for first time
>>
I fucking hate slayer and all of the faggots who think slayer is important or useful

>hurr durr your 99 attack doesnt mean shit because you didn't do slayer tasks
>>
>>25856501
dude i played eq way back in the day. i was pretty young so i was terrible at it but i did enjoy the challenge of actually talking to people and roaming around to do quests. today there is just a marker that tells you where to go in games. why do companies just market to the fucking casuals these days. fucking normies man
>>
The only video game I play nowadays is Dragon's dogma, and i've cleared everything.

i'm in need of a new game
>>
>>25856613

try the project 1999 server then. its on Velious and its gonna stay that way. highly active server.
>>
>>25856613
you played morrowind and prior tes games?
>>
I like to loot stuff. What's my best choice?
>>
>>25856596
for some reason i never really got into wow. i might have to try vanilla though. i really enjoy games that are hard and not casual oriented. any tips before starting?
>>
>>25856678
was dogma good?
>>
>>25856736
yeah morrowind was pretty solid aside from the shit combat haha.
>>
>>25856843
try the torchlight games if you haven't already
>>
I still dream about making my own Runescape. It's not a completely baseless dream. I could do it with the art being the only real difficulty. Although if I were only aiming for early Runescape tier quality graphics, then I could manage. Then the only hurdle would be finding the time, but seeing how I'm in college once summer comes along, I outta have plenty of it. I dunno though. Seeing stuff like this thread really makes want to make my own MORPG, but I'll probably have forgotten by the time summer comes around, and I'll just sit around feeling depressed all day since that's all that I ever seem to manage to do.

If I ever do do this though, then I'd want to somehow retain that feeling of mystery. I don't if I can really explain it right, but it's that sensation that you probably got early own in Runescape, or any game really, where the world feels big and complex and you feel lost and small. For almost every game this feeling goes away fairly quick. You just get caught up in the mechanics and end up going through very rote procedures knowing every little detail of what's going on, and then you don't feel small anymore, but the game's world does. I kinda doubt it's even possible, but I wish it could be done.
>>
Minecraft. Cool server called "civcraft"

They're entering a new version and a large group of people from 4chan and eight chan play on it. For example they have /pol/ynesia
>>
File: 1445553270055.jpg (754KB, 1592x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1445553270055.jpg
754KB, 1592x1172px
rip ultimate comfy game
>>
>>25857149
I know what you mean. I think a lot of that is just how childhood felt, and it's harder to get as you age.

That said, your best shot at getting it is through using procedural generation to make looking up how everything works a bit less simple(nowadays, most people will look to a walkthrough the minute they get stuck). Avoiding easy teleportation and the presence of an easy to understand world map is also essential.
>>
File: sotc2.jpg (513KB, 1412x1062px) Image search: [Google]
sotc2.jpg
513KB, 1412x1062px
I found Shadow of the Colossus to be very comfy. Partially because the first playthrough I wasn't aware that the lizards and fruit were EVERYWHERE, so the second time I spent a lot more time riding around and navigating the landscape. Makes you wonder how far the wanderer traveled to get there.

Anything you can get immersed in will be comfy I think.

The Forest is also comfy if you play it on "vegan mode" where all the cannibals are removed.
You can hunt and forage for food, have campfires, chop wood, build cabins. A favorite pass-time of my own is picking up a stick and clubbing seagulls on the beach.
>>
>>25856975
Not him but yes. I never knew pimping and dragon fighting went so well together.
>>
>>25857277
My life is like the Peppermint Candy movie.

I want to go back
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.