[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a god or an afterlife r9k?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: Monolith-Sun-Moon.png (821KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Monolith-Sun-Moon.png
821KB, 1600x1200px
people usually disregard insects and samller animals when it comes to the afterlife but the way i see it we are all just animals and when we die we lose consciousness for forever. anyone want to try to change my opinion
>>
There's no reason to, those christfags for instance cannot prove to you that they are more right than Jews or Muslims. You are an animal that can store so much information that now you always know that you're going to die and people try to come up with some form of escapism to deal with it, but as reality demonstrates, the truth isn't always comfortable.
>>
>old testemant
No immortality of the soul

>new testemant
Heaven or hell!!!

Net: prolly not man
>>
Don't know enough to try to change your opinion
I really don't know
I hope that there's some resolution, that we don't just blank out and leave all of the mysteries of life unsolved
But idunno
We definitely do die, though, and I highly doubt our personalities and memories are kept intact unless there's some metaphysical server that stores it all
If consciousness does arise after death, it probably won't be "us" who experience it
>>
>>25854041
yeah i agree. just wondering do you ever think about what makes you you? i think about how weird it is that i am me and how im not someone else, like how i have a sense of self. it sounds retarded and probably is but thinking about it trips me out
>>
>>25854082
god gives life. we are immortal if god gives us life forever, not that hard to understand if you've read the bible
>>
>>25854092
I know that feeling
Its hard to put into words
But why am I me experiencing my life instead of you experiencing yours? It seems so arbitrary
>>
You live then you die, then you are reborn. Maybe you were a burden to others while you were alive, you might be reborn as a horse, destined to carry the burden of others. You might have lived continuously as a good person, virtuously and without sin. You could be reborn as someone who with great compassion will be able to save this world by conceptualizing a way of life as Jesus or Buddha did. If only those who wish to escape suffering had the strength and wisdom to listen and carry on your legacy.
>>
>>25854132
how do you know though? not being hostile but really how?
>>
Aliens are real
God is real
Space Jesus is real
Machine Elves is real
Magic is real
Meme Magic is real
The Devil is real
Hell is real
Heaven is real

The only thing that's not real is you
>>
>>25854190
lol whats are machine elves
>>
>>25854190
>aliens
>real

>space
>real

Otherwise I like the way you think
>>
>>25854190
>Meme Magic
>real
I want this to be true so badly
>>
>>25854230
The people who build the simulated reality we're in
>>
how do we even know anything is actually real? it sounds super retarded but really
>>
>>25854278
Machine elf pls go
If you're not one the answer is that we don't
>>
>>25854149
Listen to your soul, there are plenty of truths out there and if you listen you will hear the truth resonate within you.

Consider the following:

Scenario A: Reincarnation is real. You lived sinfully, you are reborn depending on how you live. Good or bad.

Scenario B: Reincarnation is false, but you lived virtuously and without sin. You would have lived a good live anyways. Sin and desire would have had no control over you. And you wouldn't feel shame of your mortal existence. You die end of story.

Scenario C: You lived sinfully, suffer because of it (cause and effect, law of the universe). You are controlled by your desires of greed, glutton (consumerism), lust etc. You play a game of chance, where you jump from one happiness to another, shamed by your mortal existence, wishing you were a better person. Then you die with regrets and you die forever end of story.

Either way it comes down to how you choose to live your live whether God is real or not. But if you only live for the reward or potential of reward then it is what is. Some people want to be happy from within not having to rely on the fluidity of external stimuli to keep them at peace. Others are just not evolved enough and too animalistic to care enough to be a better person. Like a hungry dog who just wants food.
>>
>>25854419
im not living like an animal, im nice to everyone but i get what youre saying. even if there isnt a god still be a good person.
>>
>>25854092

I think the sense of self is ultimately illusory.

You're not the same person you were 10 years ago. That person had different tastes, different thoughts, different memories.
>>
How the fuck should i know? I was never dead and came back.
>>
This whole thread seems like a machine elf dialog right now
>>
>>25854481
we arent even the same person second to second either really
>>
Eternal return theory is popular these days.

Imagine having to relive your life for all eternity.

Neitzsche talked about ut in the gay science

What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: 'This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more' ... Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous moment when you would have answered him: 'You are a god and never have I heard anything more divine.'
>>
>>25854567
who here /amorfati/?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amor_fati
>>
>>25854002
>is there an afterlife r9k

I don't wanna shitpost in the afterlife.
>>
>>25854650
I laffed
But actually not having r9k would suck more than having it, even if it sucks most of the time
>>
>>25854650
If there is an afterlife, everyone here is destined to hell.
>>
>>25854809
That's ridiculous
Though it depends on how you define hell
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.