[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /no more videogames/ here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 37

File: image.gif (18KB, 534x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
18KB, 534x640px
Who /no more videogames/ here?
>>
>>25846907
cant play any cause my pc went blue screen and i have no idea why
>>
Grew out of them by the time I was 15 t b h
>>
Only play Sm4sh 'cause everything else bores me. Play a ton of For Glory 1v1 and honestly don't even enjoy it that much anymore. I just get majorly pissed off when I lose. Not entirely sure why I still play desu

On that note if anyone wants to rub our WiiU's together and get BTFO in sm4sh let ya boi kno
>>
Used to play them constantly but can't find a fun one anymore. Without the carefree life of childhood it's hard to just escape and enjoy. I sometimes try games on steam now that they offer refunds but haven't found one that's grabbed me since Morrowind and that was what 10 years ago?
>>
>>25846907
Not playing any because I'm at uni and I only have my crappy laptop, not that I want my desktop anyway. Lost my desire about into winter break , not before spending about $60 on games I don't want any more though.
>>
I always feel really guilty whenever I play videogames or do something mindless for too long.

Life's too short.
>>
>>25846907
>tfw I made this particular Wojak couple years ago an he gets reposted up to this day

feels good man
>>
I've just completed my first video-game in 3 years, it felt pretty good. I think I'm starting to see the appeal of short games..
>>
>>25847309
Now instead of playing games I browse 4chan. I can't escape the potato chip eating mind set.
>>
>>25846907
Its winter what else am i supposed to do
>>
>>25847431
Tea + opiates + a good book. Maximum comfy, anon.
>>
>>25847353
It's still pretty degenerate, but I do think 4chan is a better use of time than videogames. Even on /r9k/ people occassionally link interesting articles/news or bring up an interesting topic to learn about.
>>
I haven't played in months. Its just not fun anymore. Anime is getting dull, too.
>>
I play the battlefield 4 game I got for PS3 3 years ago once a month or so but that's about it. Used to love vidya. Not so much anymore
>>
>>25847353
This, to be quite honest with you my family member.
>>
>tfw have a huge backlog of games
>tfw i can't enjoy them anymore, i don't feel anything while playing
>It's not just video games, i can't read books, watch movies, etc. because i lose interest too quickly
>4chan is my only interest

I'm considering going on anti-depressants, to see if that helps

Might not
>>
>>25847467
I agree. It also doesn't overexert your dopamine receptors. I swear when I used to be really into gaming I didn't enjoy anything else. Movies sucked, sport sucked, hobbies sucked. I was like Stan from that South Park episode where everything turned into shit
>>
File: 1435171493726.jpg (20KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
1435171493726.jpg
20KB, 284x284px
>mfw videogames are just a fun way to unwind and relax
>just like music, books, movies, tv shows, board games, etc.
>mfw I see people treating them as if they're some sort of debilitating drug

If you seriously have so little self control than cutting out a form of media is what it takes to see improvements, vidya is not the problem.
>>
File: reviewbrah.jpg (234KB, 1180x1204px) Image search: [Google]
reviewbrah.jpg
234KB, 1180x1204px
The reverse, I should be playing more, I work too much. But there's so few ones worth playing, every year 99.9% is shit and there's just 1-2 good ones.

The same applies for movies and books, though for books the shit ratio is only 80%.
>>
File: 1452010704627.png (43KB, 162x182px) Image search: [Google]
1452010704627.png
43KB, 162x182px
I only have the motivation to play a couple hours a week now
>>
>tfw keep getting killed by a sentry bot in FO4

seriously. what the fuck. they bumrush you and get all close to your grill then fuck your shit up.
>>
>>25847934
>dieing in FO4 on normal

Stop playing games. They are wasting your time.
>>
File: knee of justice.gif (2MB, 336x244px) Image search: [Google]
knee of justice.gif
2MB, 336x244px
>>25847840
this.

I really enjoy video games, in fact it's one of the few things in life that I really love to do. I don't feel like I'm wasting my time when I play video games, I feel like I'm spending my time doing something that makes me happy.
>>
File: rei.png (91KB, 288x292px) Image search: [Google]
rei.png
91KB, 288x292px
>quit videogames
>replaced it with nothing
>>
After a while I started wanting those thousands of hours back.
>>
>>25848138
That's what drug addicts also say.

One day you're going to look back at your life and wonder why it never amounted to anything meaningful. Why you never bettered yourself or acquired any real skills. It's because you preferred to enjoy yourself in the moment. That's fine, but one of these days it'll catch up to you.

Of course, if you play videogames at the professional level none of that applies at all.
>>
>>25848159
this 2bh phamm, 2 real
>>
>>25848131

its like the first game ive played in years.fuckin only reason i have a ps4 is so i can netflix on da couch and play minecraft on meth
>>
To be honest I only get the cravings during summer so about two months of the year is spent playing them. Last summer I played a lot of new Vegas with mods and a lot of other games I don't remember. This one I played shovel knight, undertale and started a shitty mmo
>>
Random text from my cousin I haven't talked to in two years. After small talk about nothing I asked him out the blue "So what games are you playing right now?" He replied that he hasn't played any and had sold his consoles. I then asked him "So what do you do now?"

He then tells me that he spends his time at the neighborhood bar playing pool and talking to GILFS.
>>
>>25848221
>nothing you enjoy in your life matters UNLESS it makes you money.

Good goy. You fucking loser.
>>
>>25848221
I'm a software engineer. I don't enjoy my job, I just do it for money. I genuinely enjoy playing a good video game more than anything else. It is the best feeling in the world. I could die right now and not regret the thousands of hours I have spent on video games throughout my life. I don't understand why people can't accept this. Are you so unhappy with what you've done in life that you have to bring others down?
>>
>>25848221
one day he'll look back on his life and think, those were some damn fun videogames.
>meaningful
meaning is what you derive from things and varies from person to person.
>real skills
thankfully real skills can be purchased in this capitalist society
>>
>>25848342
Except it's not about money and you are a child.
Playing videogames is going to get old and you are going to get old
And you will lament yourself over all the time you wasted
And you will be sorry you never took any of the depression posting here seriously
Because you are going to be one of the people begging online for someone to take the pain away
>>
>>25848221

I'm >>25847861, rather accomplished, patient, and always working for the long term. It was more than five years ago that I first had the thought
> if I died now, I'd regret not playing more games

I'm 100% serious. All I do is improve myself. I have ton of real skills, so fucking what. None of them matter. There is no meaning in this life.

My days have indeed caught up to me.
>>
>>25848345
This is literally projecting
>works a job he hates and escapes through videogames
>are you so unhappy with what you do in life you have to bring people down?
>>
>>25847061
Make sure all your hardware is seated in correctly
>>
>>25848482
>I have tons of real life skills
Such as?
>>
Quit video games for the most part and replaced it with anime

I feel my brain cells deteriorating from my brain every day i spend hours watching anime, but it's the only pleasure I find when I'm depressed
>>
>>25848446
>and you will lament yourself over all the time you wasted
no, I won't. I would have done that by now. in fact, the only thing I regret is that I didn't ENOUGH of what I loved. I should have studied less, worried less, and spent more time playing the video games I love with the friends that I loved being around.

when you're on your death bed looking back at your life, are you going to remember all the time you spent killing yourself "learning skills" or are you going to remember all the moments of pure unfiltered joy you got from the things you love?

you sound like you're in denial and you're trying to project it onto others
>>
>>25848262
>minecraft ps4
>>
Stopped playing vidya about 5 years ago and am a lot better off since.
>>
>>25848486
everything is projecting including your post.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>25846907
Me. Too poor and depressed anyways.
>>
>>25848525
>no I won't
>I'm 19 and I already know everything there is to life
>I'm not like the other couple thousand people who said the exact same thing and ended depressed
>>
>>25848523
Switch anime to manga and then problem solved.
>>
>>25848599
>I'm not like the other couple thousand people who said the exact same thing and ended depressed
Who are these other couple thousand people you speak of?
>>
>>25848582
Hello wizzardchan. How are you enjoying your genetics and no free will that keeps you coming here everyday to be laughed at?
>>
>>25848506

I speak five languages and learning a sixth. I'm good with my hands. Published author. I do software and hardware. Glorious singing voice. Managing my money so well I'll retire in just a few more years. etc etc I'm not here to brag, I'm here for feels.
>>
>>25848633
Freaking robots you underage newfag. Just go to /v and you will see the usual I can't play videogames anymore thread.
You know shit about the world, you are no special, you have needs and videogames won't satisfy any of them, you are stupid. Too stupid for your age, you won't listen. This will be your biggest regret in life
>>
>all these manchildren defending videogames as a good use of time because they're "fun"

embarrassing desu
>>
File: The Winter by Ion Andreescu.jpg (675KB, 1608x1884px) Image search: [Google]
The Winter by Ion Andreescu.jpg
675KB, 1608x1884px
>tfw a healthy balance of painting, reading, video games, watching anime/movies/shows, and meditating

i'm still depressed but at least i'm not ashamed of how i use my free time anymore
>>
>>25848655
>I'm good with my hands
Anon masturbating is not a hobby
>I know 6 languages
That you learned online? Don't be a retard
>published author
What did you write?
>glorious singing voice
That's not a hobby in itself
>I do software and hardware
At what level?
>>
>>25848708
>people unironically post shit like this
Embarrassing desu
>>
>>25848599
I'm 27. The only depressing part of my life is my job, but it's worth it because I'll be able to retire comfortably when I'm 35. All of my old friends who grew out of their love for video games or other childhood interests and become adults are depressed now. They have wives and kids, and the little free time they have is spent getting drunk or watching football. I have what many would consider "skills", I work on ways to make new tech for renewable energy, but I don't really enjoy doing it. I just want to do the things I enjoy, which is hopefully what I'll be able to do more once I retire.

Also I would like a source on those other couple thousand people, you sure seem to know a lot of them.
>>
>>25848751
>I paint 3 hours a week and spend the rest of my time watching anime
>I'm not embarrassed of the way I disengenuosly disguise what I do
>>
i used to play videogames but i dont have the motivation anymore now i dont do anything ;_;
>>
>>25848708
>I lost my passion for one of my hobbies so now I'm going to shame everyone who still enjoys something.
/r9k/ is so shit lmao
>>
>>25848788
And I want your name and your workplace
Can't wait for your downfall in ten years when you are 40 and completely alone and live to work and purchase micro transactions like those men in Japan.
Seriously there is nothing wrong for you to play videogames, you have a job but don't issolate yourself, I know an 80 year old man whose only friend is my dad he goes to sleep at 6 pm everyday, he has nobody to celebrate Christmas with and he called his only other friend and found out he died 3 years ago.
Don't end up like that it's depressing
>>
>>25848702
>freaking
>newfag
>goes on /v/
>being this upset
>thinks he knows best
No anon, the underage person is you.
I never said I was special, I'm just content with how things are.
People improve because they aren't happy with how they are, I don't need "real skills" because it's not the medieval times anymore, simply having computer skills is enough to get a job these days. I regret nothing.
On the subject of needs, I think you should go to bed now, you have school in the morning.
>>
>>25848809
You fell for the neet meem
>>
>>25848754

Why do you even care? Want to prove I'm really a 400lb neckbeard shitposting in a basement, so your worldview can stay intact?

> that's not a hobby
Anon asked for real-life skills, not hobbies.

> That you learned online?
One is my mothertongue, and two were from school. Rest from places including online.

> implying I'll dox myself
>>
>>25848792
what do you do with your time anon?
>>
>>25848907
I haven't gone to /v in years, I remember tho
>thinking that /r9k is any better tho
I'm not going to acknowledge all the retardness, delusion and disconnection with the real world you posted.
Only a 12 year old would think his computer skills will grant him a job in the middle of a crisis
>>
Excuse me but what are these "real life skills" everyone is talking about?
The only requirements I've seen for a job are "X years working in a Y environment"
>>
>>25848890
>I want your name and your workplace
lol
>Can't wait for your downfall in ten years when you are 40 and completely alone
damn man you are a huge piece of shit if you want that to happen to me, I have done nothing to hurt you.

I already lost all of my old friends, they don't have time to hang out with me because they have families of their own now. I'm not bitter about that, I totally understand. I've also already made new friends who are like me. A lot of the guys I work with are single rich dudes who enjoy video games, and we go to Super Smash Bros tournaments every couple weeks together. We also hang out on the weekends, and our circle has slowly been getting bigger and bigger over the last couple years. I don't need to see my friends any more than that, I really enjoy living by myself, I can't be comfortable living with another person.

you have problems to work out for yourself and you need to stop taking it out on others man
>>
>>25848956
Because you posted skills instead of hobbies. Having a skill I'm itself if pointless if you do nothing with it.
The are not your slaving point
>>
I am a doctor making over 200k a year and I still play video games.

the key is balance. obviously if you're a retard who wakes up, games, doesn't even brush his teeth and goes to sleep to rinse and repeat, video games are a waste of time. luckily I'm not that kind of retard.

>>>/btfo/
>>
>tfw replaced videogames with drugs
>>
Videogames are nothing but a means of staving off boredom. A way to teleport yourself to a time period 2-5 hours from now, whilst gaining nothing. Almost none of them have any kind of lasting value.

>but I enjoy them

Then why is your face a dead-eyed stare 99% of the time that you're playing?

Society has finally advanced enough to where people don't have to work hard to get by. The only things they need to worry about are sustaining themselves. And so since people don't need to work hard to get by, they don't. They take the path of least resistance through life. Why do something hard when I can do something fun like videogames for my entire life instead? So you choose Dark Souls over War and Peace. The non-/r9k/ equivalent to this is going out to bars and slutting around, living a life of pure hedonism.

The NEET philosophy here is that works sucks and you should avoid it, while instead focusing on the things you enjoy. But the fact of the matter is this doesn't work. People who lead these lives end up with depression (and that rate is going up as it becomes easier and easier to live as a freeloading zit on the ass of society). They say "doc, gimme the pill that will fix me," since after all, it can't possibly be their choices that made them unhappy. But it is. The path of least resistance is no way to live. They never develop or mature, they never face hardships, and eventually they wonder why everything feels so empty. It's because they chose to live a hollow life.

If suicide is the easy way out, video games are the easy way through.
>>
>>25848992
Right now as I mean January I'm waiting to start coding classes with a professor who blew me off 3 times already wich sucks because I put my life on hold for him
Last month j was busy with the hollydays
The previous month I 3d modeled everyday for 8 or more hours
The previous one the same
The precious one I practiced drawing for my classes everyday and piano
>>
my headset went dead in one ear
at least now I have motivation to get a job so I can buy a new one i guess
>>
>>25849066
> anon asks for skills
> Because you posted skills instead of hobbies.

I need a picture of a downy here.
>>
>>25849113
Good post, anon. Spot on
>>
>>25849058
I have problems, I'm human and I do take it on others but that's just because I was just like them and ndi know they won't listen and will go through the same path and it frustrates me to no end.
Why are we part of the stupidest generation?
>>
>>25849113
> I ignore all the successful people whose lives are empty
>>
>>25849113
funny you mention Dark Souls, that game has given me more pure joy than all of the work I have accomplished in my life. this thread is pointless, it's full of people who are unhappy with their lives and want to shove their unhappiness onto everyone else
>>
>>25849195
don't get mad that you got anally btfo'd by some faggot whose life is inherently meaningless.
>>
>>25849159
I'm sorry but you don't get to dominate the conversation here. If you want endless hours of pointless dick measuring go back to the people of your kind
>>
>>25849121
>3d modeled everyday for 8 or more hours
do you enjoy doing this? are you going to look back at that time spent as well spent or wasted? will the meager skill learned through it be worth it at the end of your life, or would it have been spent better doing something you like?
>>
>>25849211
You are 19 you haven't done any work and you haven't accomplished anything
>>
>>25849211
I played it too and enjoyed it. I'm not saying everyone should completely avoid any form of degenerate entertainment altogether (that would be in essence telling everyone to go nofap for life). But if you've clocked 3,000 hours into an MMO, maybe you should think twice before pulling another all-nighter grinding for armor. You're going to look back and feel like you threw away a year of your life.

I would add that playing a game through, start to finish, is significantly less degenerate than playing an "endless multiplayer" game like Counter-Strike/BF/CoD for 200 hours.
>>
>>25846907
>bought a load of video games
>never play them
I'm not enjoying /no more videogames/ as much as I'd like, I'll admit.
>>
>>25849267
I absolutely love doing this, it also brings me great pain because the say I approach it wich is suffering through, starting over and over and not stopping until its done and there are no mistakes. But it wears me down to the point I can't go on for a couple of months
>>
>>25849283
>all this projection
you project so much I can tell who you are now by your posts
>>
>>25849323
>I absolutely love doing this
then thats all that matters anon, continue doing so. you keep 3d modelling, I keep playing video games, we enjoy our time and we die happy.
>>
>>25849339
I'm sorry, I just can't understand anyone over that age saying this kind of stuff. It's like hearing stupid edgy things and knowing automatically you are talking with a 15 year ols
>>
>>25849339

I wonder if EA killed his dad or something.
>>
>>25849369
Videogames won't make you happy of its the only thing you do tho
>>
>>25848491
i have its still fucked
>>
File: 1451043386447.jpg (805KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451043386447.jpg
805KB, 1080x1080px
>>25846907
Why would I quit playing video games?
It's all I really have besides films and anime.
>>
>>25849405
I'm just a bit older than you and know more about that kind of life
>>
>>25847252
>Only play Sm4sh 'cause everything else bores me.

>smash 4
>not boring
lmao senpai
>>
>tfw you stop playing video games because you don't enjoy them anymore, and not because you quit them

they were the only source of happiness in my life, and I lost it
>>
>>25849435

Timestamped white beard, or you're a brony.
>>
all these people wanting dox. good old 4chan
>>
>>25849412
obviously that goes for everything, including 3d modelling. doing one thing forever will make it boring. im not going to exclusively play video games 24/7 for the rest of my life
>>
>>25849389
You can't understand that people have found something they enjoy and spend their free time doing it?
>>
File: 1436193144737.jpg (24KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1436193144737.jpg
24KB, 500x384px
>>25849468
>try to replay some of my favorite games
>drop them halfway through
>considering on buying some games right now but don't want to because of this
>>
>>25846907
I have no reason to quit. Anybody real life or not has a problem with it is ignored you know where the door is or in this case next thread.
>>
File: suicidefrogman.jpg (201KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
suicidefrogman.jpg
201KB, 709x765px
>>25849468
>mfw that's me 1:1
>>
Modern games are normie shit.

Just finished FF6 restored on gba though, all the superbosses too.
>>
>>25849471
I don't hate videogames, I hate what they do to young people, there are millions f people watching pedwiepie everyday instead of connecting with each other. There are people playing videogames instead of living their life and these are facts you can't deny.
Videogames are good for children under supervision but in the hands of an abused kid it could cripple his developmenf
>>
>>25849113
have you ever heard of monks anon? they live the true path of least resistance and i guarantee they are happier than you
>>
I've spent every waking hour playing Elsword this weekend
I want to fucking kill myself, it's not even a productive or good game
>>
File: 1451893178230.jpg (294KB, 1519x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1451893178230.jpg
294KB, 1519x1125px
>>25846907

>stoped playing games
>replaced with anime
>stoped watching anime
>started reading manga
>stoped doing that
>started reading books
>started watching experimental films
>started pumping one music album after another into my ears

It seems like my life slowly turned into a quest of amping up my efficiency in absorbing information.
Sad thing is that it literally makes me autistic though.
>>
>>25849508
>obviously
That's not obvious, there are countless people trying to do this
>>
>>25849567
How do monks live the past of least resistance? There are lots of strict rules to follow in monestaries, and everybody has a lot of work to do. That requires a lot more discipline and would be a lot more difficult than sitting around playing video games all day.
>>
>>25849562
I get what you're saying but you're inherently wrong about vidya stopping kids from "living life". If some kid who plays CoD 5 hours a day suddenly stops playing vidya, he'll just go out and spend all that time doing normie shit like drinking and partying. They're both purely for enjoyment purposes and vidya offer at least some form of production as opposed to normie shit. Giving up video games isn't going to turn you into some master of work ethic who knows every field of science, 10 different languages, and 12 different instruments. You're just going to spend that time doing other stupid shit.
>>
>>25849562
> posts no proof of his age

> playing videogames instead of living their life

Yes, and? You haven't once posted a good reason why it's better. You just imply that it must be, maybe because your god says so.

Tell you what. Show me the meaning of life, and I will see the error of my ways.
>>
File: 1449554753556.jpg (73KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1449554753556.jpg
73KB, 300x300px
>>25849629
>not playing videogames means you're going to be drinking or partying
>vidya offer at least some form of production
>production

Know how I know you're just an insecure beta trying to project you're self percieved superiority over "chad"? You do know that there's more activities than drinking right? And the word is productivity, of course you would know this if you actually did something constructive like reading a book.

And no, mango doesn't count.
>>
>>25847178
Same

Videogames just don't interest me anymore except for some weeb games like HuniePop.
>>
>>25849567

Anon did not choose his words wisely.
The path of least resistance temporarily is not the path of least resistance as a life-style.
Deciding to play games instead of working is taking the easy way out at the moment. Hardening and balancing mind and body is taking the easy way in life.
>>
>>25849616
i agree that it's a much better lifestyle than playing games all day, it's just that the vibe i got from your post was that everyone should be trying to get ahead in their careers and working hard to achieve something of "value" which is the opposite of a monastic life
>>
>>25849731
working is literally for slaves
unless you're talking the other kind of work, like "this book is my life's work"
>>
>>25849567
I don't give a fuck what monks do or think so i rather play games
>>
>>25849704
>project
You're doing this more than anyone in this thread.
>>
>>25849704
>reading a book
>constructive

Goy, I...
>>
>>25849426
dust out ur pc
>>
>>25847273
>tfw you'll never be a child to experience games again
>>
>>25849863
>reading is bad because of the kikes

That's just an excuse for stupidity.
>>
>>25847607
i lose interest in games fast as fuck too. it's difficult to stay playing one for longer than an hour but sometimes i find and play one for like 6 hours straight for a couple for days until i'm completely burnt out.
>>
File: dogefruit.gif (499KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dogefruit.gif
499KB, 400x400px
>>25846907
Me.

Only [ D a n k M e m e s ] now.
>>
>>25849888
when did I ever say that reading is bad? all I said is that it isn't inherently constructive/productive. you have to gain skills and utilize them to be constructive/productive. simply reading =/= productive.
>>
File: 1406738019817.jpg (72KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1406738019817.jpg
72KB, 709x765px
>quit video games
>quit 4chan
>quit drugs
>got IT degree
>got IT job
>got gf
>learned piano
>spent hours a day trying to learn new things in science and math
>painted daily
>felt hollow as fuck
>tried to kill myself
>I'm back on 4chan again
fuck whats been said in this thread, giving up your vices isn't going to make life better. it's all an illusion.
>>
File: 1448938369246.jpg (46KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1448938369246.jpg
46KB, 612x612px
>>25846907
Only because I don't have money to afford a better computer or a game console. The only game I play is Solitaire.
>>
>>25849629
I used to think the "robots hate normies" meme was always a meme until i saw this post
you do know how productive going out and drinking actually ,is right? you do know how unproductive staying in clicking a button all night is, right?
>>
>>25850073
>going out drinking
>productive
Explain.
>>
>>25849968
there's a certain narrow-mindedness to this line of thinking.

why does everything have to be productive? what's wrong with intelligence, understanding what's going on in the world around you, getting a feeling of what drives people forward?
>>
>>25849193
>le wrong generation
>everyone is stupid and lonely
>i'm the only smart enlightened one

get a life dude
>>
>>25850073
I used to go out drinking all the time and it was horrible. I enjoy spending a night inside playing some comfy games. Why are you guys so upset when other people are satisfied? Why does every have to be as miserable as you?
>>
Are there still people who blames their own problems onto lifeless forms?
>>
>>25849973
there's something called finding a balance
>>
>>25850097
going out drinking is like some sort of hyper socialisation, all you do is drink and talk, it builds up relationships ten fold in comparison to talking over the internet,
I really struggle to understand how grinding away on a game compares to that in terms of productivity
>>
>>25850286
>everything has to be productive
>>
>>25850099
if the endgame is to be proud of yourself on your deathbed which is what the normalfaggots on this thread believe, then yes you have to be productive.

intelligence means fuck all if you're not using it. see that one guy who has like a 150+ IQ and believes in G0D. knowing something for the sake of knowing it is stupid.

find a goal, fixate yourself on it, complete it. be productive. not "wowzas i wanna read seben books by the end of the month xDDD" but "I want to finish these three IT books so I can get a better quality of life by the end of the summer."

if you aren't being productive, then fuck off and let me play my videoshits.
>>
>>25850286
Makes sense to me, thanks for explaining senpai
>>
>>25850327
what? I thought we were talking about productivity ? i don't particularly think that at all
>>
>>25848262
When did you come back?
>>
>>25850337
no way to disprove god. if we're talking about productivity then people who are religious sure as hell are some of the most productive people on the planet.

the idea being you use the knowledge, share it with other people, and make the world as other people see it slightly less hopeless/ filled with people heading in the wrong direction.
>>
File: fuckmylifeup.png (58KB, 1011x501px) Image search: [Google]
fuckmylifeup.png
58KB, 1011x501px
>>25849323
show me some of your work anon
here's some babby shit I'm doing right now and I feel like killing myself I fucking hate this so much
>>
File: image%3A5872.png (82KB, 292x534px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A5872.png
82KB, 292x534px
>>25850501
Keep in mind that spent two months working 8 hours a day doesn't mean I'm good yet
>>
File: image%3A5864.png (68KB, 269x592px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A5864.png
68KB, 269x592px
>>25850645
This is my favourite one, I had to redo it entirely because I fucked up the topology
>>
>>25850675
pretty good desu senpai
>>
File: 1416878514073.jpg (35KB, 450x327px) Image search: [Google]
1416878514073.jpg
35KB, 450x327px
>>25850645
>>25850675
you spent two months modeling that? fuck man, I made my wardrobe in one evening
I wish I had the motivation or skills to do anything worthwhile, don't be so hard on yourself
>>
>>25846907
This! I get so much more done now. All they do is eat your life and social potential.
>>
File: image%3A5887.png (157KB, 864x702px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A5887.png
157KB, 864x702px
>>25850727
Yeah and I used only a 3/4 drawing as reference
I really want to start again but I have to learn to code in order to get my ged and go take a modeling course.
I have until March to do the test
>>
>>25850767
No, I spent a week on that one. I modeled tons of shit in two months.
That's OK anon, I know you are jealous and trying to bring me down to your level but you have no idea the level of satisfaction having people hate me for the quality of my work brings to me
>>
>>25850791
learn coding then, it just takes time. if you can do 4 hours of that and 4 hours of modeling every day then great. i wish i had time for that.
>>
>>25850826
I can't just do 4 hours of modeling a day, modeling completely takes over my life and I can't stop until a month has gone by and I am exhausted.
Also I have a professor who demands I study my ass off, he wants me to get good enough in a year to get me a job
>>
File: 1433335388820.jpg (9KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1433335388820.jpg
9KB, 261x192px
>>25850823
m8 I think you're misinterpreting my post
>>
>>25850912
i don't know, find a way to manage your time. but carrying on doing things your good at.

i'm out anyway, night
>>
File: image%3A5889.png (109KB, 755x480px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A5889.png
109KB, 755x480px
>>25850826
Last picture because I'm very original. Original I am
>>
>>25850935
Yes, I apologize I read the first few words and I though you were shitting on me, I do this a lot
>>
>>25846907
>videogames aren't fun anymore
This is a bullshit argument because videogames in general have less fun.

Old arcade games
>look at this game doesnt this look fucking FUN?!?!? Are you good enough to beat it??

New games
>this immersive cinematic narrative will take 8-10 hours to experience. "Army Man Kill Space Alien VIII proves games are on par with literature and film as a storytelling medium. 9.364758 / 10" - IGN
>>
>>25849113

>Society has finally advanced enough to where people don't have to work hard to get by.

What planet are you from, man?
>>
what, how'd you do that man
how do you fill in your time if you have no other hobbies/interests?
>>
>>25851235
probs a kid born into daddy's fortune
>>
>>25851410
I filled it with reading, hiking, and the gym, anon.
>>
>>25851235
People don't work nearly as hard nowadays than they did 50 years ago, and some people don't even need to work at all. Look at all the NEETs on this board.
>>
>>25851410
Different guy here. I stopped playing video games due to anhedonia. I don't really enjoy anything besides lifting and resting anymore. The rest of my time is spent wallowing in self-hatred with occasional bouts of repressed fury
>>
What replacement skills are you guys talking about?
>>
>>25851619
How is reading any different to playing an RPG, strategy or adventure game?
Other than not having to use any mathematic part of your brain.
>>
>>25851235
>>25851501
I took what >>25849113 said to mean that proportionally more people are able to afford the path of least resistance lifestyle. That isn't inherently saying "people don't have to work hard to get by."
>>
File: 1445728044698.jpg (44KB, 565x506px) Image search: [Google]
1445728044698.jpg
44KB, 565x506px
>>25849113
>>but I enjoy them

>Then why is your face a dead-eyed stare 99% of the time that you're playing?
>>
>>25848159
This also happens to me. I got nothing to do the 60% percent of time. What else am I supposed to do?
>>
File: 1445620991191.png (222KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445620991191.png
222KB, 700x700px
>>25852341
You should probably do what people in this thread were talking about. Write some stuff, learn a new skill. Anything goes really. Even reading a book.

I recommend Lovecraft's works.
>>
>>25849988
I can feel the pain in this post
>>
>>25846907
I , my pale nigga
>>
File: leech.jpg (655KB, 1019x1285px) Image search: [Google]
leech.jpg
655KB, 1019x1285px
>>25849113
>Then why is your face a dead-eyed stare 99% of the time that you're playing?
Because I am concentrated on winning u tremendous faggot
>>
>>25850345
>makes sense
It doesnt though.

Drinking in groups like cafes, pubs and clubs is something reserved only for losers. There is NO socialization going on, just people trying to fit in with each other.

It's quite sad really that people think this is productive. I used to think this was a meme and nobody actually thought that way until I read >>25850286
>>
>>25853019
I never said you needed to put your efforts into a career. Plenty of people have aspirations and dreams (outside of careerism) that they cast aside for something that's easier and right in front of them.

Look at how "the ideas guy" became a meme for video games. The concept of a person who has "ideas" for a video game but never acts on those ideas or gets anywhere with them is SO COMMON that it became a meme.
>>
>>25853137
>The concept of a person who has "ideas" for a video game but never acts on those idea
Jokes on you, I actually did make 2 games on my own. In Unity 5 if you have to know.
>>
File: 8d2.png (1006KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
8d2.png
1006KB, 1280x800px
>>25847273

>tfw Oblivion was released a decade ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfVDRGOWc-I
>>
>>25853187
That's great to hear, but I think you're the exception rather than the rule.
>>
File: sadfrog4.jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog4.jpg
60KB, 550x366px
>>25853220
>mfw that entire soundtrack, especially harvest dawn

https://youtu.be/XpJEg6MTPzc
>>
>>25853277
>but I think you're the exception rather than the rule.
I agree, I am.

Well, this yurocuck is off to bed, gn
>>
>>25853137
>Have tons of good ideas
>Gaming is the only thing I have that I could call a passion
>Literally nothing else is interesting
>Free time? Video games
>Have attempted several times, and failed, to learn proper game development
>Going to college for an associates in applied science, video game design

M-maybe this time I'll accomplish something
>>
Last game I beat was in 2014, feels good, man. Tackling the porn addiction, now.
>>
File: Boar (Mushishi Ep 11).png (2MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Boar (Mushishi Ep 11).png
2MB, 1280x800px
Pretty much. I miss good co-op games. Single player is too lonely and multiplayer is too competitive.
>>
dont play anymore cause I dont have fun
>seen everything
>most modern games are for retard casuals
>I lost the abiliy to enjoy things overall
>>
>>25853388
I'll grow to hate video games in no time

t. ex pro gamedev
>>
>>25853220
>>25853298
>mfw my dad is literally playing that game not 20 ft away from me
>>
>>25846907
>xbox breaks over a year and a half ago
>stop playing vidya as much
>still play a fuck ton of bravely default though, but i got bored of grinding for that dragon sde quest
>still managed to kill 2 dragons though
>focusing more on art
>friend sends me old 360 about 5 months ago
>all of my old xbl friends got an xbox one
>nobody to play gta online with
>play gta online for a couple of weeks by myself and get a fuck ton of money
>stop playing vidya and focus more on my art

New games don't even look very interesting anyways.
>>
>tfw too poor for video games
Damn they are really expensive
I dont even want to talk about consoles.
>>
>>25846907
the only vidya i play now are RPGs and even then it's only two or three per year depending on how good they are

i used to play a lot of multiplayer games but the quality of them took such a huge nosedive that i couldn't stand it anymore. every community pushes the esports shit and every genre was becoming homogenized in their own way because "balance" is the most important thing to these people
>>
I just spent the entire day, from the moment I woke, playing Dragons Dogma.

Feels good man.
>>
>>25854274

I'd rather have a balanced game than MW2 all over again

>MLC knifing
>danger close
>OMA noobtube
>ACR
>>
Was never really big on video games to begin with but now i rarely ever play them. I went back over christmas break to play a bunch of old games and it just wasnt happening. Think i might be done for good. Probably for the better desu, im spending most of my time working out now and focusing on improving myself the best i can.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 478x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 478x395px
>>25846907
>Tfw when I finally stopped playing video games after they stopped updating Gta online for last gen
It's a odd feel, that was the last game I played ever and after the stopped updating I've stopped turning on my 360 alltogether and haven't played any games at all for 9 months now cause it got so boring but I guess that's a plus
>>
Anyone else 30+ & still enjoying games like a kid here?
>>
File: moment of clarity.png (267KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
moment of clarity.png
267KB, 800x600px
>>25849113
>If suicide is the easy way out, video games are the easy way through.

oh boy this hit home.
>>
>>25854374
Meant to say 5 months
>>
File: IMG_20141119_103106 - Copy.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141119_103106 - Copy.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
All about audiobooks now.

My wagecuck job involves tons of reading, so I honestly find the physical act of reading text to be unbearable outside of work. But audiobooks solve that.

Now I just chill by my window with pic related view, and listen to stories. Comfy as fuck.
>>
>>25854445
Kek that car. What do you do for a living, anon?
>>
>>25854485
Yeah, I watched the guy go off... took the picture just to document that funny moment.

I run a database for a midsize manufacturing company. Pays well, has easy hours, doesn't make me hate life.
>>
>>25854081
tell your dad he's a disgusting casual
>>
>>25854600
Hey I'm happy to hear that man. Not hating life is all you can ask for
>>
>>25854415
Yeah man, video games are just there to make us go through life the "easy" way instead of LIVING IT!

This is why we should try to be normies and fuck it up over and over again until we basically think about suicide 24/7 because of how awful our lives are.
>>
>>25848221

>spend all you life developing "real skills"
>have vast knowledge of all fields of academics and trade skills
>die
>your "real skills" end up in the exact same place anon's fake videogame skills do: rotting in the ground
>>
I play Halo 5 and Black Ops 3. Everything else bores me to tears.
>>
>>25854445
You live that close to a lake? Comfy as fuck.
>>
File: 1433113147175.jpg (118KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1433113147175.jpg
118KB, 1600x900px
>>25854891
Try harder, lad
>>
>>25849113
>if suicide is the easy way out, video games are the easy way through

One of the most scintillating things I have ever read in my entire life.
>>
>>25855017
Yep. Have a nice La-Z-Boy recliner right by the window that I sit in while listening to books. Go out and swim in the summer time. Usually go out and skate in the winter time, but this winter's been too warm for the water to actually freeze.
>>
File: coffee wojak.jpg (36KB, 680x765px) Image search: [Google]
coffee wojak.jpg
36KB, 680x765px
>don't play games at all anymore
>still buy them
>>
hey guys do any of you play steam? I need some csgo friends because all of the people in the random matchmaking suck ass. send me a message.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bobocrunch
>>
File: 1452188294851.jpg (692KB, 553x936px) Image search: [Google]
1452188294851.jpg
692KB, 553x936px
>>25847492
TUMBLING TUMBLING DOWN WE'RE TUMBLING...
>>
im 21 and i still play a lot of videogames
doesnt help that i keep making more online friends and playing more videogames with them than my irl friends who mostly stopped
>>
Posting ITT
If you have a spare gaming PC you wanna donate to a poorfag let me know
>>
>>25855425
i was about to add you but then i saw you have 1k hours on EU4
die
>>
>>25847311
Haven't you said that on /fit/ before?
>>
>>25846907
Not me.

I'll NEVER grow out of video games. Fuck you, they're my passion.

I'm going to try to find a girl into video games. Fuck anything else.
>>
>>25856467
both my friends have done this, kinda jelly but its still casual games
>>
>just built a new PC
>have a backlog of nearly 200 games
>don't want to play anything
>>
>>25857075
>bought like 7 games over summer sale
>playing all of them at the same time
>slowly making progress through all of them
help
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.