[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How cheap can i get a gaming PC?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: computer specs.png (28KB, 710x413px) Image search: [Google]
computer specs.png
28KB, 710x413px
So r9k. I'm dead dead broke right now, but I want to get into PC gaming.

What are the best budget builds out there, under $500. Itll be a pain in the ass to get that together, but I'll be able to

Is it worth it buying prebuilts, I was looking at walmart and saw pic related within my budget and figured it'd be worth getting.

Also, easy ways robots can make money without wageslaving?

Will a computer like this be able to let me play games like Tera, maybe mechwarrior or hawken, and Skyrim?
>>
Don't buy prebuilt!
>>
>>25826200
>under $500.
Just get some 400 dollar dell, throw a video card in it, and call it a day. You won't be able to play Skyrim on max and never have a stutter, but you can play most games on low with it and like 90% of popular games coming out are just shitty 2d pixel games that run fine on a tablet anyway.
>>
Tbh don't buy prebuilt go to pcpartpicker and look at the completed builds if you want some kind of a plan.
>>
>>25826200
Working on build rn
>>
>>25826290
Whats wrong with prebuilt?
Im an autist so i think id fuck up the parts or something.
>>
>>25826340
>>25826200
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zRGR23
Here you go friend, just study up on how to build pcs before starting. It really isnt that hard. This build should play most if not all games out right now.
>>
>>25826200
Just buy a brand new laptop. It can probably run all games that are currently available on low settings.
>>
>>25826200
>pc gaming
>>>/v/ is that way you fucking manchild
>>
>>25826774
Never do this, the lifespan of laptops, even high end laptops is terrible
>>
>>25826803
I'd play console if i could get Hawken on it senpai.
>>
>>25826774
Laptops are shit for gaymen
>>
>>25826815
>tfw I did this and my dell from 2014 can play all current games
>>
>>25826239
I mean, personally (and if price isn't a real limiter I suppose) I would recommend getting a prebuilt to upgrade later as sort of a base on how everything fits together.
Takes a lot of the stress of a first build out of "what happens if I fuck up this 700$+ collection of technology."

That's just me. What do I know though, I bought a prebuilt
>>
Also, easy ways robots can make money without wageslaving?

>buy RC -caine drugs
>sell as cocaine on craigslist

can easily turn 300 into 500 in one go
>>
>>25826908
but many pre-builts come with shit power supply units and some even have locked motherboards which won't accept non OEM parts
>>
>>25826392
prebuilt tend to have shit psus/mobos and those are the two most important parts for longevity
>>
File: 1443798657588.jpg (21KB, 228x232px) Image search: [Google]
1443798657588.jpg
21KB, 228x232px
>>25826200
>amd CPU
>350w PSU
>amd mobo

wow
>>
>>25826954
But hopefully, with buying a new psu, you can have an idea about what cords and plugins go where. Takes a relief off the mind. Also you can get a modular psu
I don't know/heard anything about locked mobos, sounds like it would suck though.
>>
>>25826200
>tera
It will run on lots of computers, but not well, it basically hates non nvidia cards and you need weird optimizers for r9s to run it better, its not a nice game
>>
I really want to buy my own computer too, but my knowledge on them is next to zero. I don't want to buy a prebuilt either because I don't want to get scammed.
Is it hard to learn how to build, and later take care of a computer from scratch?
>>
>>25827192
there's guides everywhere, it's like adult legos. the maintenance on hardware is basically just paying attention to temps, weird noises and blowing out dust once a month
>>
>>25827192
Don't believe anyone who claims it's adult legos, the first time it is very stressfult. That said it is not HARD to do but knowing you may fuck up thousands of dollars worth of parts with a mistake makes it seem more challenging than it is.
>>
Just buy a prebuilt. 10 years ago buying prebuilt was definitely more expensive than building it yourself, but today the difference isn't much.

example:
http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/alienware-x51-r3/dpcwxy01hoculusg?oc=dpcwxy01hoculusg&model_id=alienware-x51-r3%E2%80%8B

Then compare it on pcpartpicker.com
Cbb doing it for you
>>
If you search gaming PC for $X on YouTube you will find tons of great videos. Never buy prebuilt, even if you have an unlimited budget
>>
>>25827192
Most big name pre-builts are indeed scams but you can find something decent on newegg if you don't want to shell out of a bunch of money on a computer you're unsure about building yourself.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.