[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have jury duty tomorrow. How do I get out of it without just

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: South Park.png (97KB, 460x269px) Image search: [Google]
South Park.png
97KB, 460x269px
I have jury duty tomorrow. How do I get out of it without just running around yelling "nigger nigger nigger" or pissing my pants and acting like a crazy person.

I just want to be left alone to watch anime and play vidya in peace. Not wake up at 7am to sit in a court room for eight hours for weeks.
>>
>>25824229
Be yourself.

This is the one and only time this advice will ever work. Don't worry, they'll be able to see your autist mannerisms and refuse to pick you.
>>
piss your pants and record it haha then post video here :)
>>
say you know the defendant
>>
>>25824252
I was thinking I would tell them I'm not good with confrontation and would be easily lead, or silenced by more intimidating jurors. But I'm not sure if this will backfire or not.

>>25824272
Won't they make me prove this? Also I should have added that this is jury selection. So I need a way to be disbarred hopefully from ALL possible cases, not just reshuffled into another.
>>
>>25824267
This is an 18 and up board
>>>/b/
>>
>>25824293
no, they wont make you prove it
>>
Serious: mention jury nullification.
>>
>>25824229
Even if you don't do anything, odds are you may or may not get fully drafted. The way that jury duty goes is that they have a first draft of like 100s of people and filter out people who have medical conditions, criminal records, serious obligations, etc. and then once they have eligible people they randomly select 12 people from that batch.

To be safe, just be like "I believe that the police state and justice system is corrupt and everyone should be free" when they call your number up and ask you if you have any reason to be exempt.

Or just fart really loudly.
>>
>>25824229
I think some states have a law that if a jury member knows that by law jury has the last say on if the target is guilty or not and that jury can not be punished for their desision than such members are not allowed to be in the jury.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification_in_the_United_States
>>
You're not gonna be able to get out of it. Just go with the flow, treat it like a detective game. It's fun!
>>
>>25824293
Wear a Greenpeace shirt or something, if you have extreme views they probably will dismiss you
>>
>>25824293
Just tell them you know about jury nullification. look it up
>>
>>25824361
That seems weird, but I guess I'll keep it in mind.

>>25824381
>>25824396
>>25824445

I'm a dirty Canadian, more specifically from Ontario. I'll look and see if it counts here, it should, right?

>>25824408
But I would rather watch an anime about detectives or play Ace Attorney Online!
>>
>>25824445
This, but don't blurt it out because then you'll jeopardize the entire jury pool (they'll all look it up) and you can get in deep shit. Try to catch the person in charge on their own and let them know discreetly.
>>
>>25824491
ace attorney online

thats a thing waht the fuck is it good?
>>
I liked jury duty even though I wasn't selected

>listening to lawyers state their arguments
>>
>>25824229
it's your civic duty. don't be such a bitch.
>>
>>25824871

It's pretty much a chat room structured around Phoenix Wright. But /v/ goes all out, creating google documents for evidence, testimony, etc.

Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFj68SC7WTo

>>25824910
It sounds pretty shitty, having to wake up early, walk through shitty winter weather to sit in a room all day listening to people argue, while you don't even get paid unless the case goes on for 100 days.
>>
>>25824229
pretend to be a SJW
>>
tell them you're in love with the accused
>>
>>25825287
>in b4 OP is in love with an accused child molester and serial rapist
>>
File: 1453059107547.png (1MB, 1062x764px) Image search: [Google]
1453059107547.png
1MB, 1062x764px
>>25825287
>>25825253

Bruh, come on.
>>
>>25824229
Just do it, you faggot. It's your duty to your country and to Justice.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.