[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck could anybody consider this the greatest album ever?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (51KB, 293x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 293x300px
How the fuck could anybody consider this the greatest album ever? Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible, but even in it's relatively niche subgenre of low-fi folk punk there's better music.
>>
You're a nigger who listens to shit music
>>
>>25823804

Stupid hype, there are really just two good tracks. Teh first part of King of carrot flowers and in aeroplane over the sea ("how strange it is to be anything at all").
>>
>>25823804
it's a meme you dip
originalblox
>>
>>25823804
it al goes south with jesus crist
>>
>>25823804
its not the greatest ever but apart from its meme status. it is really one of best albums of entire music history and if youre disagree with me you are a faggot.
>>
>>25823804
the only decent track on it is communist daughter, but jeff magnum is a weenie and wants it to be wiped
on avery island is their only good album
>>
>>25823842
Great argument. The album is pallateable, inoffensive, and diverse enough to appeal to pretty much anybody but not nearly to the extent that an album which is more focused and targeted towards a more niche demographic could be. You're just a pleb with no taste for non-traditional music.
>>25823880
Death Grips is a meme but I still thoroughly enjoy them because of how unique and raw their music is.
>>
>>25823989
Notice how everybody who disagrees with me ITT struggles with their command of the English language and has to resort to ad-hominem in order to try to discredit my criticisms.
>>
>>25823847
I like Communist Daughter as well, and as stated earlier -- none of the tracks were offensive to the senses to the point where I felt compelled to skip them. It's just that I'd expect an album with this amount of hype to at least be interesting throughout.
>>
>>25824190

Yeah. Also, there should be something unique, new, innovative for such a hype.

It's like with, say, The National. I love The National, I like them much more than NMH, but there isn't really anything "unique" enough about them, that I would join in a hype.

I could rather understand if ... I don't know, maybe Sixteen Horsepower or Beirut or even the Decemberists (Marriner's Revenge Song) would get so much Indie-Hipster-Hype.
>>
>>25823804
>niche subgenre of low-fi folk punk

Such ass?
>>
>>25824390
No album as a whole bests it in that relatively specific criteria, but I definitely feel like Andrew Jackson Jihad, Ramshackle Glory, Front Porch Step, and if you'll accept how closely related their music is to the artists already mentioned, Bright Eyes have albums with 3-4 songs on them stronger than Aeroplane's strongest tracks (ie. King of Carrot Flowers, Communist Daughter, etc)
>>
File: glow.jpg (40KB, 273x300px) Image search: [Google]
glow.jpg
40KB, 273x300px
>>25824390

Mostly low-fi indie folk, but a few tracks get pretty heavy (samurai sword comes to mind)
>>
>>25824390

The different names of all these genres ("low-fi folk punk", "post-punk goth n'roll", "post-rock trash", everything with "post" in it) are often more different than the actual music.
>>
File: image.jpg (202KB, 813x683px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202KB, 813x683px
>mfw metrosexual hipster faggots get assblasted when you correctly state that even B-list Radiohead albums top Aeroplane in overall artistic merit and sonic quality
>>
File: sleeping-student.jpg (38KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
sleeping-student.jpg
38KB, 600x400px
>>25823804
An extremely boring album. Not much quality melodies at all.
>>
greatest album, tbqh
death grips a shit
>>
File: nas-illmatic-xx-608x608.jpg (36KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
nas-illmatic-xx-608x608.jpg
36KB, 380x380px
>>25825166
nas
>>
>>25824038
I agree except that ITAOTS works better as a album to listen to thoroughly. *sihgh*
>>
>>25825166
PAY NO MIND TO THAT CHUMP'S JUST A PLAYER HATING WHORE
>>
>>25823804
I'm telling /mu/ on you
>>
>>25823804
it is a good album but it is way too overrated to be considered the best album ever conceived.

for the same reason that most of these song are basically 4 chords with a chorus and then it just get on the outro while you just listen to something that had been made like an hundred times before even by some entry level dad rock music band like Radiohead and Pink Floyd.

It lack creativity and pretty much get boring after a few time.
>>
>>25826140
Reccomend albums pls.
never met a dad into Ok Computer or Kid A though familia
>>
>>25825892
I already told on myself a few days ago and everybody thought I was ironically baiting. I'm serious, that's how delusional they are.
>>
>>25824074
lol you sound like a complete tool
>>
>>25826445
what do you usually like what are your preference ?
>>
This is where all the shit taste fags go when their taste is too shit for /mu/
>>
>>25826563
Just whatever man. I don't enjoy rap for the most part (exceptions being select 90's songs because of San Andreas and Death Grips) but I enjoy different music depending on how I'm feeling. I actually really enjoy Ok Computer and The Bends but I don't really want to hear more of the same of anything. I want something risky and fresh.
>>
>>25824747
>this only good opinion this this thread

>>25824373
The National are great. I'd say they're unique in the image they paint with their lyrics and the singers Baritone, but not much else.
>>
File: areyouserious.jpg (22KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
areyouserious.jpg
22KB, 500x375px
>>25826579
>This is where all the shit taste fags go when their taste is too shit for /mu/
>implying bragging about taste in music just make you an insecure faggot who search for approval by his peer while failling to enjoy thing
beside /mu/ are inhabited by pretentious poster.
>>
>>25824074
>>25824561
how's your first day on /mu/ going?
>>
>>25826670
>their lyrics and the singers Baritone

Oh right, this is true of course.
Not enough deep, manly voices in Indie music.
>>
>>25826740
I'm sorry that my post offended you friend. It was a dumb post and you made me realized what type of person I was becoming. Thank you.
>>
File: 1285112844187.png (39KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1285112844187.png
39KB, 320x320px
The problem is that you expected it to be the greatest album ever and ended up disappointed. It is what it is, and if you connect with it emotionally, you'll probably end up like the thousands of people who would say that the album has had a spiritual impact on their lives.
It's honest, emotional, melds traditional folk songwriting with unique instrumentation (singing saw, bagpipes, harmonium) and it is lyrically stronger than 90% of all other albums you might see called "greatest albums ever"
Since you mentioned Radiohead, whom I think are great - I've listened to all their albums many times, and cried not a few times while listening to their music - Thom Yorke's lyrics are by and large pretty terrible.
ITAOTS is an incredible album and I would say it changed the way I think about music, art and life, and for that reason I think it is absolutely one of the greatest albums of all time.
>>
File: igorr - nostril.jpg (70KB, 591x507px) Image search: [Google]
igorr - nostril.jpg
70KB, 591x507px
>>25826657
If you like something out of the top that isn't too much repetitive and kinda risky. Try get into breakcore. it's a modern form of electronic music who use sampling, amen and chaotic musical structure while sometime mixing other elements such as classical music, death metal and IDM.

Artists: Venetian Snares, Igorr, otto von schirach

Album recommended: Rossz Csillag Alatt Szueletett, Nostril.
>>
>>25826946
Thom Yorke's lyrics are by no means terrible, Fake Plastic Trees is a good example of Yorke's lyrical prowess shining through and utterly dominating a song, but even when Yorke's lyrics aren't up to snuff the rest of the band an indeed, Thom himself through his singing talent more than make up for his shortcomings as a lyricist. Try to tell me there's any song on Aeroplane as aesthetically pleasing as Karma Police.
>>25827015
I'm burnt out on music at the moment but I screenshotted your post and I'll check it out when I'm feeling better.
>>
>>25827228
I'm sure I won't change your mind by just naming songs. Funnily enough Karma Police is way down on OKC for me, along with Electioneering and Lucky. Never really liked the chord progression or lyrics, so I could say I like pretty much every song on Aeroplane better than that one.
>>
One thing that I really liked about the album were the lyrics, really takes you on a journey
For the music I guess you just have to be familiar with lo fi and get better taste you pleb
>>
Top ten ever of course. Jeff is a lyrical genius. And please stop talking shit about Radiohead because it's the greatest band ever.
>>
/mu/ has so many hippies that i can't even believe it.
>>
>>25827015
Breakcore is my jam dog
ruby my dear, nero's day at disneyland, goreshit, mr. kindhoover
Speedcore can also be pretty solid, but I haven't found anyone better than passenger of shit
>>
>>25823880
Was about to say that
>>
>>25823804
meme album

>>25824074
>enjoying death grips meme

>>25824561
>another meme
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.