[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do boomers charge their children rent?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: boomers.jpg (56KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
boomers.jpg
56KB, 400x300px
Why do boomers charge their children rent?
>>
Only Anglo boomers do this.
>>
because they were never given anything, except:
>stable economy
>easy access to blue collar jobs
>low cost housing and education
>easy dating scene
>Upward mobility that hasn't been seen since
>ability to drop out of high school, go to college on a waiter's pay, and get an upper management position
and they never stop reminding their kids about it
because kids these days have it so easy with their economy in the toilet and massive wage disparity and jobs being shipped overseas and inflated worthless college degrees
>>
>>25811516
Boomers are shit human beings in general
>>
>>25811651
Oh but never even mention this, otherwise you're whiny and have a shitty attitude. They way they just expect you to deal with this just shows their just-world arrogance.
>>
>>25811516
Because many are a pack of cunts who can't understand they were able to succeed through a booming economy, abundance of opportunity and free university education and are now stupefied when their kids haven't achieved the same so they assume their kids are lazy rather than consider they are hamstrung by a lack of opportunities afforded to them, because that would suggest their life was easy and "dammit I worked hard to get where I am".
>>
File: 1441737126402.jpg (320KB, 800x1518px) Image search: [Google]
1441737126402.jpg
320KB, 800x1518px
>>25811651
>easy access to blue collar jobs
>low cost housing and education
>easy dating scene
these hurt the most

Never again will America experience the life they had.
>>
>>25811516
IT is supposed to inculcate a sense of responsibility and perhaps motivate you to move out.
>>
>>25811516
Thing is, boomers dont mean to be pieces of shit. They literally just cant understand. Theyre like women, or royalty. When you're brought up in a certain environment, you have that context and framework and that affects how you view everything.
>>
>>25811516
I didn't even realize how fucked up it was until people from other countries/cultures pointed it out. Then I got to thinking about it... not only does she charge me rent, but she takes it from my SSI check. And, she demanded half of my backpay and at one point considered sueing me for all of it... because, no real reason, she watches a lot of Judge Judy and that's pretty much the reason. I may me mentally ill but at least I'm not mentally ill and a retard as welI like she is. I hate her and need my own place ASAP .. working on it.
>>
Since I'm working and doing more than 30 hours, I've decided to help out around the house and pay weekly board.

Once I've secured longer hours and better pay, I'll pay more board until I'm earning enough to move out and live more comfortably.

This is much more late game stuff when I have a deposit on a house roomie free and shit.
>>
I like how my parents and other boomer parents like to prentend they had it hard.
What they had to do to find job was just to go in any firm and ask "hey can I get job"
No experience, no bullshit interviews or anything...

They want to me to feel guilty cause now we have computers, TV and cellphones, things they are jelaous they didnt have back in time..
GOD FUCK if I see any boomer in wheel chair I am going to Rob them and kill them.
>>
family should never charge family for anything. that's fucking jewy bullshit, charging money is for strangers

is this really how it works in america?
>>
File: GET IT.png (57KB, 200x266px) Image search: [Google]
GET IT.png
57KB, 200x266px
>>25811516
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boomers
Jesus, it's like even the Wikipedia writers hated them.

That said, I'm pretty sure this is just a thinly veiled Boomer hate thread.
>>
>>25811790
>is this really how it works in america?
Yes. There's an old saying in America "Money talks, bullshit walks."
>>
>>25811745
Are you saying they have boomer privilege?
>>
File: hfs.jpg (13KB, 200x280px) Image search: [Google]
hfs.jpg
13KB, 200x280px
>>25811516

Harold Shipman is the greatest boomer to ever live. He killed literally hundreds of them, and then killed himself because he knew he was boomer
>>
>>25811737
>IT is supposed to inculcate a sense of responsibility

I've heard this excuse many times. What about people who have been to college for 3 years and are fully aware of balancing a budget?
>>
>>25811904
>and are fully aware of balancing a budget?
Seriously. I've actually never really worked and had to leave school early and got on SSI but I'm responcible with my money and even keep a savings at all times. She blows both her money, my dads alimony money, his retirement money, and the rent money I give her while I'm careful with my money.

The first thing she did when she took $500.00 of my backpay was buy practically $500.00 of junk food at Walmart to stuff her big fat stomach with.

The other day she bought this shitty little table for $60.00 and asked me if I thought it was a wise purchase. Here I am pinching pennies even though theoretically I don't have to and she's taking a quarter of my check and buying $60.00 tables. And, she thinks I'm not giving her enough.
>>
This is such a divide and conquer topic.

Sure, pit us all against our parents.

Thank you overlords, that will keep us distracted while you fleece us.

In answer to your question, I haven't lived with my parents since I was 17, I'm 32 now

Hypothetically, if I were to move back in I would help out in whatever way I could because they're not particularly wealthy. Poor bastards are still working part time because they can't afford to retire.
>>
I was surrounded by drugs most my life. Used meth for 2+ years. Saw countless friends become addicted to adderal and heroin. Yet I still found a way to move away from that, get clean and live comfortably with zero financial help in my own home.

If you have nice middle class parents I'm glad they charge you rent.
>>
>>25811904
and who paid for that college? where do you get money to survive?

this thread is so full of entitled shits it's hilarious. go get a job and stop circle jerking over how hard you have it when there are people in 3rd world countries that would beg for the chance to have the same opportunity.
>>
>>25812105
>In answer to your question, I haven't lived with my parents since I was 17, I'm 32 now
I hadn't lived with either parent since I was 18, and it remained that way until I was 25, but like an ignoramus I got married which made me dependant on my ex's income. I've got my SSI back, but I'm still working on getting another subsidized apartment. After which I'll never speak to her again.
>>
>>25812146
I don't think it's about money and entitlement so much as anger from a dysfunctional society. Most of those third world countries, for everything they don't have, still have functional families and communities. It's partly as they need them.

Why do you think they are adverse to integrate when they move to first world countries? They want the money but they don't want to become part of the sick society.

Actually all of Asia saw the West becoming sick a long time ago and that's why they went into isolation from it, but they were forced open, and boy were they right.

I'm cool with my material situation but my spirit is on fire.
>>
>>25812201
most of asia sell off their women into prostitution. idkwtf you're even talking about there. how is our society sick exactly?
>>
>>25812220
>most of asia sell off their women into prostitution.
I'm talking about 18th/19th century, Britain with China, Admiral Perry with Japan.As far as what they do, every society does what they have to for survival it's ubiquitous. You can't claim cultural superiority over it.
>>
>>25812146
>go get a job

I do, and so much of my paycheck goes to parents in rent that I quite often consider an heroing as I have no life. I can afford maybe a couple of beers a month with friends, that's literally my only luxury. Thank god gas prices are so low now, as that gives me just a bit of extra disposable income.
>>
>>25812260
how much do you pay

when I rented a room I was paying $450/month which included utilities + internet.

>>25812254
dude are you on one. what are you talking about m8?
>>
>>25812281
>>>25812260 (You)
>how much do you pay

$450/month, but I only earn $600/month
>>
>>25812309
do they feed you? clothe you? take you places?

also, you could always negotiate. find a room for rent on craigslist and tell them you're thinking about moving out. show your parents pictures of the room/place/area and ask what they think about it. don't grandstand and be like, "IM MOVING OUT". just bring it up casually after you've done some research. have the mindset of potentially moving out.

stuff like that is what your parents want to see in you anon.
>>
My parents refuse to take money for rent even though I have a decent income. They're not very well off but they're doing okay.

The one thing that kills me though? They work a lot. My dad was working 12 hours per day, 6 days per week. He has a 3 hour commute each way to work. Why? It's like they just now realized they need money to retire and they're both 60.
>>
>>25811609
do they though?
>>
>>25812365
>stuff like that is what your parents want to see in you anon.

No, they don't care, they are just milking me. They don't have a mortgage so it's not like they even need the money, and it's not as if my presence is costing them.
>>
>>25812437
uh huh

then get more hours at work and move out. become a man and take hold of your life.
>>
>>25812453

8.5/10 bait, made me reply not just once but multiple times.
>>
>>25811516

Boomers are sub human
>>
>>25811651
This boomers destroyed everything in the west we are the first generation that in a while for the west that have it worse and will have it worst for the rest of our lives and don't get me started how fucked everyone after us is.
>>
>>25813491
There will be a war and things will sort of "restart"
>>
>>25811516
I suggest you get off this board and get a fucking job and quit being a fucking wiener. either that or hack off your balls and take a picture for the trap thread
>>
>>25811516
Because they are greedy bastards.
>>
>>25811746
>but she takes it from my SSI
I'm pretty sure that's illegal.
>>
>>25813629
That's a delusion many people have, there will be no conflict or "happening", it will be a slow decline full of misery. We won't live to see the end of it.
>>
>>25812146
>and who paid for that college
A lot of people are paying for college themselves you fucking retard.
>>
>>25811516

White people have no concept of family bonds, I'm a nigger but at least my parents let me live at home and work to save money.
>>
>live at home
>work 40 hours a week
>parents bitch about how I never help out around the house
>proceed to do every chore
>"you only did it because we made you!!"

and with that I moved out. Fuck living with other people.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.