[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to live on your own without college? Like at all?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (2MB, 3500x4194px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 3500x4194px
Is it possible to live on your own without college? Like at all? No one ever taught me any skills and I was stupid as fuck at college and I can't pick a major.

I don't see why that means I'm completely fucked out of my independence. You need to make like 35k a year to even have a decent car and an apartment with roommates in a shitty part of the city. Even the cheap parts of cities like Harlem and long beach are expensive as fuck. It's like you can only live in small Midwestern cities now.
>>
>>25809466
You can live alone in a one bedroom apartment without college, you'll have to work full-time (most likely at minimum wage) and will always be only a couple paychecks from losing it all and being homeless. That's how a fuck ton of people live, it's really not that weird.

Forget about having a car.
>>
>>25809508
Min wage doesn't even pay rent unless you get overtime somehow
>>
>>25809610
Because you're living in a city for people with real jobs. Move.
>>
>>25809706
That's bull shit I should at least be able to live in the shitty part of the city
>>
>>25809722
>I should at least be able to live in the shitty part of the city

Maybe in Bernie Sander's fantasy land. But in the real world, if you work for minimum wage and want any quality of life, you can't be in a big city. Rural areas are actually more white so it's not entirely bad.
>>
>>25809768
I live in a rural area now I want to live in a city
>>
>>25809466
I would say yes. I'm only basing this off of friends I know, but you'd likely be doing something mundane.

A few of my friends work in assembly plants. The work seems monotonous as hell and hours can be shit (4am-1pm) but the pay is relatively good for not needing an education. Overtime and holiday pay increase a ton.

Some guy I know moved out to Montana to work in a sugar refinery. Guess he gets paid a lot but lives in an RV in the middle of nowhere.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 400x394px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 400x394px
>>25809466
Literally put yourself out there is all I can say. You won't get any experience sitting around. While I lived with my family I worked some odd jobs in a factory, from there I started working in the store room for Sears. From there I got a job delivering stoves and fridges to homes. Then I got a cdl and started actually driving the trucks and that experience landed me my current job at UPS. I make enough money that I can splurg quite a bit. This was years ago though, but volunteer work is really common now so you can even pick up experience there. Took me a while to get out of the cycle in pic related, but you can do it anon believe in yourself.
>>
File: sgvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv[1].jpg (142KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
sgvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv[1].jpg
142KB, 800x531px
Become a security guard, OP. The training's easy and if you're not a degenerate covered in piercings and tattoos, they'll hire you on the spot.

In the US the job pays anywhere between $8 and $15 an hour so at least it's a bit higher than minimum wage. Throw in some overtime and you're good to go.
>>
>>25809958
I already took a 2 year vocational program for criminal justice and took it in college for 2 years and got a little bit of training towards security during that.

I have a dui though does that ruin it? Do they drug test?
>>
>>25809466
Welders make a fuck load and all you have to do is be an apprentice.
>>
>>25810006
Is there any way I can train for that while I'm on my own?
>>
>>25809989
Don't know about the DUI, but most will definitely drug test.
>>
>>25810041
Damn do you work security? Is it possible to move up to armed patrol/shift management and keep getting promotions? Do they drug test constantly or just one time at the interview?
>>
>>25810082
For me it was a one time thing. Why is it important though? Do you do drugs?

As for upward mobility I think it depends on the company. I think most reputable ones will be more flexible on that.
>>
>>25809466
Yes. You just need to find the right opportunity.

Capitalism is completely fucked up.

Some people get paid a nickel an hour to work 16/hrs a day sewing Levi Jeans.

Other people get paid $120,000k a year to sit at a desk and play Bejewelled or shitpost.

-----------------

If you are living somewhere with a bad economy, MOVE. Get on a Greyhound bus to somewhere with jobs.
>>
>>25810125
I don't do pills or anything hard I do marijuana medicinally once in awhile though and the shit stays in your system for a month

But if I live in my own and paying for an apartment I assume I'll either quit or do it less
>>
>>25810035
A friend of mine just finished some community college course and just started working after like a year and a half. I'm not 100% sure how his program works, but he's already got a job and I'm stuck in a Uni and a field I don't want to go into and $40k in debt... so...
>>
I just found a ton of rooms in people's apartments and houses in la for 4-600

Should I be worried?

Some were even downtown near a beach near Torrance and one in Santa Monica
>>
>>25810160
>Other people get paid $120,000k a year to sit at a desk and play Bejewelled or shitpost.
How do you get to that level?
>>
>>25811888
Unsexy white collar jobs in an unsexy industry, preferably with nepotism.

Become an "Online Advertising Manager" for some no-name mid-sized company and you'll probably fill out spreadsheets twice a week and look busy the rest of the time.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.