[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is an easy, non-expensive yet practical skill to learn?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

What is an easy, non-expensive yet practical skill to learn?

I'm a 23 year old weeaboo autistic loser with no passions or interests other than anime and video games, I was thinking of picking up a skill and trying to learn it but nothing interest me so I guess I'll just have to try multiple things till I find one that I like.

Also don't suggest coding/programming, I tried it and it wasn't for me.
>>
drawing is incredibly easy it just takes time which shouldn't be a problem for a loser without anything to do
>>
Learn a language maybe
>>
Get into Magic the Gathering. It's a good way for loner /v/irgins to make friends.
>>
It's good that you're looking for productive interests, once you get into something you'll be very grateful later.
Before giving up on programming, have you tried making games? Just download Unity and follow some tutorials then try making something on your own. It can be very fun.

Otherwise I can suggest making music. As a start you can just pirate FL Studio (I know this is a meme, but memes exist for a reason). Then I guess start looking for some tutorials on YouTube. Composing music can have a pretty rocky start in the beginning, but once you get over those first few months you can start enjoying it. You can make house music, hip hop, orchestral, chiptune whatever you like.

If you've got any questions you can ask them in the AGDG general over at /vg/.

Hobbies saved me from this place.
>>
>>25805476
I'm already learning German at my Uni

>>25805579
I tried it and wasn't any good at it, also my Uni has a MTG club but everyone there has been playing for a long time and invested a lot of money. I'd rather duel against novices like myself and sadly I couldn't find any, it's discouraging to find against people who have played and sink a lot of money into the game for a long time.

I also feel like MTG is expensive just like any other TCG, I'd have to sink money into boosters packs, also I wouldn't even know what deck combinations are considered strange. I know different color combinations produce different effects and I could look up deck build ideas online, but I just don't want to get pulled into MTG and spend $50 or $100 dollars on boosters packs and shit. If I could find some beginners like myself I might enjoy playing it since it feels like it'd be more fair compared to dueling someone who knows exactly how to play and what they are doing, I understand the basics and how to play but my point is that dueling someone new like myself just makes me feel like I accomplished something if I win because we were both at the same level.

>>25805686
Eh I never really thought about making music, it's not really my thing. I suppose I can try it but the initial idea isn't doing anything for me, thanks for the suggestion and information though.

>>25805474
Damn anon didn't need to rub it in
>>
Programming is extremely practical and also completely free to learn.

There is an extreme abundance of resources out there to learn how to program. There are even cool, fluffy interactive tutorials with badges and achievements and everything. For everything from beginner stuff to the most advanced. No reason not to learn it other than a lack of motivation.

>>25805782

MTG is also completely free, so finances isn't really an excuse. You can proxy whatever the fuck you want with blank/garbage cards and a sharpie, or you can do what a lot of people do and just print your cards out.
>>
>>25805434
Anal stretching is a pretty interesting hobby. Some of the things people can fit up there are amazing.
>>
>>25806067
Where can I find fluffy, interactive coding tutorials?
>>
>>25806125
With medals and perks to make me feel like I'm on a quest.
>>
learn an instrument... if buying one is too expensive you can always rent one.
>>
>>25806147
codecademy

Not the anon you were talking to.
>>
File: aa.jpg (2MB, 3136x2184px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
2MB, 3136x2184px
>>25806067
>not drawing your own cards
it's like you want people to think you're a casual
>>
>>25805434
Try gardening.
>>
>>25805434
social skills, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>25806401
>Gardening
>At a dorm

I'm kind of a fat lazy fuck so not sure if I want to do something outside that requires physical effort on my part.

>>25806208
This is a joke, right? Are you telling me people seriously use drawn cards when they duel people? Isn't that against the rules?

>>25806067
How the fuck do I print out my own cards or proxy them? I've never heard of such a thing, everyone I know spends actual money on their cards.
>>
>>25806164
Codeacademy sucks balls. The instructions are shoddy, and the exercises are either do the same step over and over again or "make a website."
>>
>>25805434

Learn excel
>>
>>25806067
>Programming is extremely practical and also completely free to learn.

Alright look you got me, I failed Comp Sci 101 at my university, alright? There I said it, are you happy now?

We were learning Java and I could make simple programs and I found it fun and interesting but when it comes to exams I pretty much bombed them because we had to make programs from scratch, usually my professor gave us instructions on how to start an assignment but I could never build something from scratch.

Look I just don't want to mess with coding and programming, I agree it's a fun, practical and non-expensive hobby but it isn't for everyone.

>>25806161
I'd rather not rent an instrument, If I'm going to learn an instrument I'd rather just buy one and I'm not committed enough to learn how to play one because I never had interest in learning one before plus I can't afford it.

>>25807519
>Telling me to get social skills
>On /r9k/

Calling the kettle black there, anon? I'd bet money I have better social skills than you.
>>
Learn how to play guitar

girls love that shit
>>
>>25805434
If you're a guy and into animu and vidya, just delve into cosplay and learn makeup skills, buy some basic shit to get you starting.
That is, if you're attractive enough after makeup. It's amazing what makeup can do and you might get fangirls in cons I did
>>
>>25807579
fuck rules
>>
I'm a fan of gardening and taking care of plants in general. Seeds are cheap and it's pretty simple to do.
>>
>>25805434
photoshop is a good one
>>
>>25807784
Yeah but you have to buy photoshop

>>25807750
I enjoy plants and flowers, I wouldn't mind growing my own and keeping them in my room or something but not sure if we can do that at my Uni in a dorm room.

Also they wouldn't get a lot of sunlight, I'd have to buy like plants that can be grown indoors or require little sunlight.

>>25807729
I've gone to about 5 or 6 conventions so far and I have done cosplay, I cosplayed Edward Elric from FMA with the wig, outfit and everything and got a lot of compliments and pictures taken of me but sadly I outgrew my cosplay and had to sell it.

I haven't thought about who else I could do a good cosplay of, also I usually just buy the outfits off Ebay or Amazon.
>>
Does anyone know any good F2P MMORPG's that I could play? Especially ones that you can sink a lot of time into and they don't get boring so easily?
>>
>>25807909
Cosplay guy here. Never settle until you have qt 3.14s squealing at you and ask for selfies and shit.
Check out reverse harem shows, uta no prince for example, brilliant cosplay material, especially if you can sing their songs.
>>
programming, I would start with java/c# if you wanna make apps, or your standard html/css/javascript if you're more interested in web development.

You don't need to spend a penny to get the software you need, and there is an endless amount of free videos and websites to learn everything you need.

Been going to university for 3 years, honestly haven't learned a single thing from my professors. I just browse memes do assignments for other courses during class.

I've learned everything and more that my professors have taught me in 6 semesters from googling and youtubing. Also making cool shit on your computer is fun.
>>
>>25805474
>drawing is easy
Kek, post work
>>
>>25808061
God damn I fucking said I don't want to mess with coding and programming, you are like the 4th guy to suggest it to me.

Just get off of it.
>>
>he bombed a 100 paper in anything
Lel. But real talk buy a cheap common instrument of your choosing and play weeb music, there's plenty of sheet music online and it'll only take a few weeks for you to play recognizable stuff. What do you like?
>>
File: 1434340841974.png (73KB, 353x321px) Image search: [Google]
1434340841974.png
73KB, 353x321px
>>25807646
>I failed Comp Sci 101 at my university
how do you operate a computer when you're literally this retarded
>>
>>25805686
Yeah with Unity, programming 'clicked' for me. Actually being able to see my work come to life.

Anyways, give dollar bill origami a shot, it's a fun thing to know if you go to a restaurant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMlappPPtB8
>>
>>25807909
>you have to buy photoshop
kek just download the file that makes it forget its a trial
>>
>>25808476
GIMP is free and works just as well as photoshop
>>
>>25808494
Yeah it just takes more steps to get the same result, basically
>>
>>25808344
You don't have to kick people while they're down mate.
>>
>>25807930
Blade and Soul F2P comes out on Tuesday I tried the closed beta and it was quite good.
>>
>>25807579
as long as the back is the same as regulation and it has all the same wording, idk how it would affect anything
>>
>>25805434
>>25808088
Damn OP you really sound like an ungrateful faggot. Literally every suggestion you've come up with some dumb bullshit excuse for why you don't want to do it and just expect to be spoonfed more.

Of course all the suggestions are programming what other useful skill can you learn well with no human interaction.

Maybe you should stop asking for people to spoonfeed when you haven't considered a single suggestion.
>>
>>25808976
if he knew how to act like a reasonable person he wouldn't be on r9k
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.